Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 am

How much of that information your characters will have is ultimately up to which method of recon you pick. If you don't do recon on all three, then you'll only have some of that info. Please make reasonable assumptions about what your characters will know; I just posted as much as would be useful so that I don't hold things up on my end.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

Ok...thanks for the info. Justitia will definitely want to investigate them all, but I do not know about the others.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Kaisius » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Subplot Senses Tingling....:D

Jackson can ferry Justita and Flare to each site, or we could split up.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 pm

RedBstrd wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:Justitia is all for close recon.

Ok, one of the buildings is in a seedy industrial area and looks like some sort of plant which produces chemicals and chemical-derived products for industrial use (machine lubricants, rubber, and so on). It's in a crime-ridden area and it looks like there's still some activity at the plant despite being in the later hours of the day. There's some street traffic as well (pedestrian and automobile). Groups of idle young men hang out around the neighborhood in various places but the building itself doesn't seem to have any formal security or any gang/organized crime-related lookouts. Minimal drug dealing or possession incidents have been reported in the area, according to the police reports that Justitia can easily access.

The second building is what Justitia thinks is a drug den in a mostly occupied apartment building. Her perusal of the police records indicates that an ongoing investigation is being conducted on the building and that police lookouts think that the basement of the building is being used for drug manufacturing. The building's handyman is implicated as complicit but the real open question is whether or not the investigators can nail the building's owner. That building has some probable gang lookouts as well as residents unaware of the situation.

The last place is a warehouse registered officially as a snack chip and beverage packaging facility. It doesn't have formal security and no known drug crimes have been reported in the area recently. The public records suggest that facility was recently purchased by a new bidder and it's unclear whether production is currently online or not. No activity within the facility is obvious from the outside but the general area has civilian foot traffic and automobile traffic.

How about the places Split and Nova are going to investigate?
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 am

flynnarrel wrote:
RedBstrd wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:Justitia is all for close recon.

Ok, one of the buildings is in a seedy industrial area and looks like some sort of plant which produces chemicals and chemical-derived products for industrial use (machine lubricants, rubber, and so on). It's in a crime-ridden area and it looks like there's still some activity at the plant despite being in the later hours of the day. There's some street traffic as well (pedestrian and automobile). Groups of idle young men hang out around the neighborhood in various places but the building itself doesn't seem to have any formal security or any gang/organized crime-related lookouts. Minimal drug dealing or possession incidents have been reported in the area, according to the police reports that Justitia can easily access.

The second building is what Justitia thinks is a drug den in a mostly occupied apartment building. Her perusal of the police records indicates that an ongoing investigation is being conducted on the building and that police lookouts think that the basement of the building is being used for drug manufacturing. The building's handyman is implicated as complicit but the real open question is whether or not the investigators can nail the building's owner. That building has some probable gang lookouts as well as residents unaware of the situation.

The last place is a warehouse registered officially as a snack chip and beverage packaging facility. It doesn't have formal security and no known drug crimes have been reported in the area recently. The public records suggest that facility was recently purchased by a new bidder and it's unclear whether production is currently online or not. No activity within the facility is obvious from the outside but the general area has civilian foot traffic and automobile traffic.

How about the places Split and Nova are going to investigate?

I'll get that info up soon. Today is my fiancée's birthday, though, so it is going to have to wait until I have a free moment (possibly tomorrow).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

If Mr. DNA asks the young man in the hospital, he'll learn that Jerry Stairs does in fact live near the first of the possible sites (summarized below again for ease of reference):

One of the buildings is in a seedy industrial area and looks like some sort of plant which produces chemicals and chemical-derived products for industrial use (machine lubricants, rubber, and so on). It's in a crime-ridden area and it looks like there's still some activity at the plant despite being in the later hours of the day. There's some street traffic as well (pedestrian and automobile). Groups of idle young men hang out around the neighborhood in various places but the building itself doesn't seem to have any formal security or any gang/organized crime-related lookouts. Minimal drug dealing or possession incidents have been reported in the area, according to the police reports that Justitia can easily access.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 am

flynnarrel wrote:How about the places Split and Nova are going to investigate?

For the other three buildings, we have:

1.) A laboratory inside of a facility associated with the university. It's apart from the main university buildings, across town near some assisted student living (i.e. dorms). Since it's in an area with low-cost student housing, the surrounding area is lower income and has its fair share of crime, particularly drug related. The facility itself seems to have a rotating cast of graduate students and post-grad students working on various hard science projects. The facility is broken down into individual labs with their own research teams and equipment.

2.) Another industrial asset, this one working on metallurgy. One of the owners of the enterprise got himself into legal trouble providing high-grade materials to criminals interested in making tech for super crimes. The other owner distanced himself from the man after the conviction. Little drug-related crime has been reported in the area recently, nor is there much in terms of gang activity.

3.) An industrial refrigeration company, involved in transport of goods, maintenance and construction of cooling systems, and development of cooling agents used for commercial purposes. At least one of the lab geeks in the last decade has been convicted of working in meth labs in his spare time, while a small number of customers allegedly use the various products of the company for drug manufacture and storage.

None of the places seem to have look outs.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

Jerry Stairs also lives close to the lab I just described above (#1).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Ok, since he already is being interrogated, here's the question...what do you want from the other group? Detailed descriptions of what we are doing? Anything? We need something concrete to work with here...a situation, a setup...
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Neo-Paladin wrote:Ok, since he already is being interrogated, here's the question...what do you want from the other group? Detailed descriptions of what we are doing? Anything? We need something concrete to work with here...a situation, a setup...

Actually, what I need from you guys is an indication of what your plans are. You have a list of addresses and to avoid holding things up on my end, I provided a brief description of the buildings (which I stated that you would learn if you begin some basic recon). The teams should decide where they'd want to go and how they want to perform the recon. Once I have an idea of what you're trying to do, then I can provide more info.

So, yes, I'd like a basic idea of what you'd like to do (are you doing aerial flyovers? are you bum rushing the places in costume? are you getting a visual of it while in street clothes? etc.).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 am

Ok, team...what are the plans? I'd say do a preliminary look at the place in street clothes, then a flyover if someone in our group can fly.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am

Justitia is the team leader by consensus. You can put that into motion with an IC post.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Red, let me know when Mainframe can return. till then.

ZzZzZzZz-_-
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 am

Holy crap! Holy crap! I actually have internet access as promised. It gets dark really early here, so I'll be updating our games often.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 pm

RedBstrd wrote:Holy crap! Holy crap! I actually have internet access as promised. It gets dark really early here, so I'll be updating our games often.

Unfortunately, my keyboard dock for the iPad died yesterday. I'll be looking for a new one for part of this morning but if I have to type out everything on my screen, I won't be posting quickly. I'm also switching hotels because besides the Internet working here, everything else pretty much sucks.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room