Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am

RedBstrd wrote:
Hound wrote:Hey Redbstd, gonna use my skill mastery technology to do a standard search of internet, and various files and systems Mainframe may have on any information regarding this drug.

Aya is relaying the information to mainframe as he cleans up/eats

I want his reintroduction to have some value, I.E. giving in available information regarding the drug that is out there, if any.

My search is a 26 as a standard action with skill mastery

Ok, that sounds good. The street drug is pretty new so it won't have lots circulating about it on the internet. For RP purposes, though, I'll have to figure out some information to give you to help you show up again IC with something to bring to the table.

Actually, let's do something different: Mainframe is crazy smart so it's better if he did something like develop an algorithm that enters in the locations of incidents (don't ask how he got that from the police database) as well as known drug hotbeds, internet data on local purchases of chemical equipment, readings of energy usage by local buildings, etc. His resulting data provides a short list of half a dozen probable manufacturing sites. Note: I won't provide exact addresses because that kind of detail won't be necessary.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am

So, Hound, you can take that general framework, make it sound good and sciencey, and then post something about it when your character pops back in IC.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I am on duty tonight, but its finalyl after standard working hours so I can use the work laptops to post. I will do something soon. We're about to perform the daily fire drill.

Yippee!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:43 am

It sounds like the group has a solid plan. I'll give you the opportunity for a few people to chime in if they wish but otherwise I'll move things forward in a few hours.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Hopefully I didn't cut anyone off who was planning on RPing out the exchange about teams. If so, please object soon so that I can edit the post.

For the two teams performing recon, how did you wish to carry it out? You can post IC or OOC.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I was going to post something along the lines of telling Mainframe that we'd start the case tomorrow, and he can sleep tonight... but if he can score a hero point, who am I to take that away from him?

I hope we can find a good balance, RP-wise for Mainframe to walk between being driven and having that impulse control, and the rest of the team having to police how much sleep he's getting.
"You're talking a little fast. You sound over-excited. Do you need a nap?"
"no."
"Now you sound like a two year old. Go get some sleep."
"Don't wanna!" [pause] "oh, alright..."

One thing, I kind of need to tut-tut some of my other fellow players on... after Mr. DNA queried how much sleep Mainframe was getting, suddenly a whole bunch of folks jumped on a bandwagon of questioning what Mainframe's personal hygiene must be suffering. In actual fact, it was suffering... but there was no way for any of our characters to know this. Not even Mr. DNA (who had reason to suspect that Mainframe wasn't sleeping, because they often worked together). It's a roleplaying faux pas to use that player info, and perhaps a bit insulting to Hound for many of us to immediately decide his character is smelling up the joint. I wish I had brought this up sooner.

@Redbastard
Does Mr. DNA have a warrant? Does he need one? Also... Mr. DNA is totally capable of drawing blood, but he's got no license to do so... is that something you're going to handwave, or do I need to make nice with a doctor?
Side note... I'm an accredited phlebotomist myself, and I'd straight up refuse to draw blood for a police matter. It's pretty much policy in hospitals that blood for criminal toxicology be drawn by a doctor -for insurance and chain of custody reasons.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Lord Fell wrote:@Redbastard
Does Mr. DNA have a warrant? Does he need one? Also... Mr. DNA is totally capable of drawing blood, but he's got no license to do so... is that something you're going to handwave, or do I need to make nice with a doctor?
Side note... I'm an accredited phlebotomist myself, and I'd straight up refuse to draw blood for a police matter. It's pretty much policy in hospitals that blood for criminal toxicology be drawn by a doctor -for insurance and chain of custody reasons.

We're operating on comic book law here, so it won't be an issue. With police backing and Stedman supporting the team, they can have a doctor do it with minimal fuss. Mr. DNA won't be allowed to do it himself, but the doctors can have it sent over Valor Unlimited in the evening. Mr. DNA's mainly allowed to speak with the patient at present, provided that he doesn't upset him too much.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

Lord Fell wrote:One thing, I kind of need to tut-tut some of my other fellow players on... after Mr. DNA queried how much sleep Mainframe was getting, suddenly a whole bunch of folks jumped on a bandwagon of questioning what Mainframe's personal hygiene must be suffering. In actual fact, it was suffering... but there was no way for any of our characters to know this.

Actually, I think my character started that

Split Second

"Woah, Main... if you need to borrow some time, man, I can find some spare hours in my schedule. Just... be sure to shower first, m'kay?"

It was a flippant comment by Derek saying that if he was going to spend hours with someone, especially a male big brain, he'd like the guy to be not olfactorially displeasing.

I didn't mean it to start a whole "Mainframe stinks" campaign.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 am

Quick question...where are Justitia and Wright supposed to go?
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am

Jackson Wright gets a Hero Point for the complication. :twisted:
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:Quick question...where are Justitia and Wright supposed to go?

The two teams (Split Second/Nova and Flare/Jackson/Justitia) are supposed to take 3 of the possible manufacture sites each and perform some recon. They're all inside of the city in places which match the criteria that Mainframe listed. In other words, they're pretty much labs, seedy industrial buildings, possible meth labs, and so on. It's up to you guys to determine how you wish to proceed with the recon.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

I guess what I am actually asking for is some sort of description or intro post to the first place we visit...at the moment, it feels a bit like we're hanging in the air without anything concrete to work with.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:I guess what I am actually asking for is some sort of description or intro post to the first place we visit...at the moment, it feels a bit like we're hanging in the air without anything concrete to work with.

Ok, I'm also trying to determine if you guys are going to do something like fly over and view the physical buildings or whatever. I'll happily provide a physical description of the sites as long as you guys are trying something like that. If you have other plans that don't involve getting close enough to see what the possible places of interest are, then I shouldn't describe the buildings. Right now you just have addresses and street maps (like what Google maps/Google Earth would give you).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

Justitia is all for close recon.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:Justitia is all for close recon.

Ok, one of the buildings is in a seedy industrial area and looks like some sort of plant which produces chemicals and chemical-derived products for industrial use (machine lubricants, rubber, and so on). It's in a crime-ridden area and it looks like there's still some activity at the plant despite being in the later hours of the day. There's some street traffic as well (pedestrian and automobile). Groups of idle young men hang out around the neighborhood in various places but the building itself doesn't seem to have any formal security or any gang/organized crime-related lookouts. Minimal drug dealing or possession incidents have been reported in the area, according to the police reports that Justitia can easily access.

The second building is what Justitia thinks is a drug den in a mostly occupied apartment building. Her perusal of the police records indicates that an ongoing investigation is being conducted on the building and that police lookouts think that the basement of the building is being used for drug manufacturing. The building's handyman is implicated as complicit but the real open question is whether or not the investigators can nail the building's owner. That building has some probable gang lookouts as well as residents unaware of the situation.

The last place is a warehouse registered officially as a snack chip and beverage packaging facility. It doesn't have formal security and no known drug crimes have been reported in the area recently. The public records suggest that facility was recently purchased by a new bidder and it's unclear whether production is currently online or not. No activity within the facility is obvious from the outside but the general area has civilian foot traffic and automobile traffic.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room