Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Valor Unlimited (3e, OOC: Full)

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 am

Per my promise:

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 am

Oprah is so generous...

I had kind of hoped the meeting would have been a forum for members to bring up stuff like the Drug Case and other new business. Of course, on that same topic Mainframe's current behaviour is part of that "new business." I think that it's good to bring out that roleplay, and give everyone a chance to showcase their character's personality (as opposed to their character's ability to kick ass).

Having said that, I think what Hound is roleplaying would probably be described as "a psychotic break" by folks in the mental health industry. Realistically, that would mean that Mainframe could not serve as a Partner, and certainly couldn't be allowed to do any field work. I guess I'm saying we need to find a balance between working out a dramatic arc, and finding a place where Mainframe can continue to be on the team -instead of a recurring villain sworn for vengeance because we expelled him.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Oprah is so generous...

I had kind of hoped the meeting would have been a forum for members to bring up stuff like the Drug Case and other new business. Of course, on that same topic Mainframe's current behaviour is part of that "new business." I think that it's good to bring out that roleplay, and give everyone a chance to showcase their character's personality (as opposed to their character's ability to kick ass).

Having said that, I think what Hound is roleplaying would probably be described as "a psychotic break" by folks in the mental health industry. Realistically, that would mean that Mainframe could not serve as a Partner, and certainly couldn't be allowed to do any field work. I guess I'm saying we need to find a balance between working out a dramatic arc, and finding a place where Mainframe can continue to be on the team -instead of a recurring villain sworn for vengeance because we expelled him.

My personal sense is that Hound is playing him with the same level of dramatism and human emotion that we get in Invincible. He's playing like someone who is under a lot of stress, just lost a teammate, and partially blames himself for not being there to help.

For the overall meeting, the Super Drug is definitely something I wish to have discussed. If it doesn't come up, I can always force the issue through IC events.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm going to be traveling this weekend. I should have internet access, but if there are any delays in posting, that's why.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I also had a notion of having Mr. DNA design his own AI to act as a check against Aya. I think the twin problems with the idea, though, is that while Mr. DNA and Mainframe are probably pretty blase about AIs managing things, the rest of Valor Unlimited might be less than enthusiastic about the idea. The other reason I held off, was that I didn't necessarily want to "steal" Hound's concept.

I don't really think that the way the team is managed on a business side of things is really important to the story of the game unless we end up broke, and have to peddle heroism for food... "Hey little girl! Save your cat for a dollar!" So, I'd be pretty much happy to rubber stamp the management structure and go on to the interesting stuff.

...although, bringing in a Manager does add an NPC that we can interact with during downtime.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:40 am

Kaisius wrote:I'm going to be traveling this weekend. I should have internet access, but if there are any delays in posting, that's why.

I'm doing the same. Our hotel in Jaipur was supposed to have wifi (and hot water for that matter), but failed to live up to the promise. I'll get caught up tonight but then we are heading to Calcutta tomorrow. We'll be on the train overnight but I may be in areas where my USB modem works. We'll see. I may not want to whip out my laptop, depending on how shady the sleeper cabin's other passengers look.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm nowhere near the globe trotter you are, Red, but I'm just as paranoid about my tablet. It always pays to be careful.

I'm back, by the way. :wink:
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 am

Kaisius wrote:I'm nowhere near the globe trotter you are, Red, but I'm just as paranoid about my tablet. It always pays to be careful.

I'm back, by the way. :wink:

Welcome back! Yeah, I have been a bit of a globe trotter of late. I do research on Indian-Soviet relations, so I've spent 14 months in Moscow over the past three years. By luck, I got some funding this year which I can split between research and writing, so I headed off to India for three months. My month in Delhi is now up, but this month I'll be in Kolkata (Calcutta), and next month I'll be in Kerala. Of course, I had to move all of my stuff into storage and move in temporarily with family in Las Vegas to be able to pull this off, so when I get back I'll have to find a new apartment in California and then move in. The travel is great but it's sometimes really annoying to lack anything resembling stability in my life.

The other downside is that I often end up in places without suitable internet access... My internet connection sucks in my new apartment (in Kolkata), but hopefully I'll get something more reliable tomorrow.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am

We don't necessarily need GM input for our staff meeting.

Can I get a little more action from the back section?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Truth be told I am kind of... "bored" of the meeting.

Can we just do a time jump to where we all know the "jobs" we need to do?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, you also removed your character from the meeting, so it's not surprising that you're bored by it.

...at the same time, I actually expected the business part to be kind of rubber stamped. I didn't think that people would be interested in working through the dynamics of how the company would be run, or roleplaying out all the particulars. Then again, maybe what's happening in the IC thread is people's characters manifesting. Roleplaying... in a roleplaying game. Shocking, amiright?

And... I do think that when we're in "down time" from missions, we really should take the opportunity to RP. I could wish that everyone was checking in and posting daily, so that we moved things along. We might not resolve the Business/Partnership thing right now... but we should definitely be moving on to "new business."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I only removed my character because he had become to much of a "center of attention"

I was trying to quell it as fast as possible.

I didn't want a "woe is me" party.

That was the last thing I wanted.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I appreciate that on both levels. So, I guess what you're saying is my comment was unfair, so I'll give you that.

Mainframe has had a chance to mellow out, he can probably come back, or you can take up the RP as Aya. It is a shame that someone who's around and willing to post is sidelined...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 am

Lord Fell wrote:We don't necessarily need GM input for our staff meeting.

I'm just waiting for my chance to jump in. As long as the group discusses the role-playing dimensions of the meeting (who's in charge, what the role of everyone is in the company, and so on), I can't do much without trying to interrupt the meeting with external events. I'm enjoying all of the role playing, though.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:44 pm

With our recent turn toward corporate intrigue and legal wrangling :wink: , I feel compelled to to recommend Law and the Multiverse. A friend pointed me to it back at the beginning of the year. It's written by two attorneys, who do a pretty good job of translating legalese into nerd talk. I've found it pretty entertaining, at any rate.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room