Given that one of my recent and non-traditional games didn't come together in the way we really wanted, I am planning on running a pretty straightforward neo-Silver game called Valor Unlimited. By "neo-Silver," I mean that it would have the seriousness and real-life elements of Iron or "modern" age games, but with the traditional heroism and cosmic or epic challenges of Silver age comics (see my "Heroes of the Past" game here for something along the lines of what I'd want to be running). The game would be 3e/DCA and start at PL 9, but aimed at reaching PL 11-12 eventually.
I wouldn't begin recruiting for the game until the end of the month, but I am planning on placing it in the Image Universe setting given that Robert Kirkman's Invincible is the greatest neo-Silver book I have read. So, here's the big question: do I provide setting information with no spoilers and let players find out some of the major plot elements of the series throughout play, or has everyone already read Invincible and know about some of the big bombs it drops on readers?
In your responses, please do not spoil the plot of the comic series for people who haven't read it - either in case people wish to read it later or in case most interested players haven't read it.
Setting Info (under construction)
Character Submission Design Info - Summary: 3e, PL 9 (135 pp)
I am looking for 6 dedicated players by 3/31/2012 (midnight, PST).
Caveat - Since this game is explicitly intended to serve as a replacement for a campaign which didn't succeed as planned, recruitment priority goes to players from my (now closed) Superpowered Noir game. Lord Fell, for instance, has a guaranteed spot for his draft version of Smart Patrol. New players will undoubtedly fill in the team ranks as well, though - just show that you have been reliable on the boards when given the chance.
• Smart Patrol - by Lord Fell (Metamorphing genius/wildman)
• Flare - by Project Icarus (Light controller)
4 other slots open for recruitment
List of Submissions:
• Ace - Arthur Eld (Battlesuit pilot) [build only, stub background]
• Baldur - Levinwurth (Jock and model paragon turned celebrity) [application withdrawn]
• Blizz - Bombaatu (Cold controller thrill-seeker) [build/background]
• Chance Noble - Chris4172 (Paragon member of superhero celeb family, Green Lantern-influenced) [build/background]
• Jackson Wright - Kaisius (Telekinetic paragon, influenced by Chronicle) [build/background]
• Justitia - Neo-Paladin (Speedster/Brick detective) [build/background]
• Mainframe - Hound (Genius battlesuit user) [build/background]
• Martian Lad - Walking Dad (Martian shapechanger, failed diplomat) [build/background]
• Mauler Twin - Dureign (Brutish inventor with henchmen counterparts) [application withdrawn]
• Myst - Aerlwyn (Weather controller) [application withdrawn]
• Nova - CaptainChaos (Cosmic Energy controller) [build/background]
• Ol' Jack Strange - Gazman (Mystic hellfire-gunslinger) [Basic concept only]
• Rift - Nineofspades (Teleporter) [application withdrawn]
• Split Second - Flynnarrel (Time controller/speedster) [build/background]
• Whiplash - Arknight (Street smart psychic warrior) [build/background]
?? - Tinkerbell ("super-pacifist") [Expressed interest]
?? - Mr.United (??) [Expressed interest]