Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Emerald City Knights Chapter 3: Power Play

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Emerald City Knights Chapter 3: Power Play

Postby Omega Girl » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Jammer
HP: 0 - Condition: -1 toughness, fatigued

"Rocky!"

Jammer threw herself against the giant's knee, shunting her kinetic bubble into his massive form.

Power Attack Hip Check: Hip Check (1d20+10=19)
So, DC 25 toughness save if that actually hits, and a DC 20 Strength check to not be sent flying based on whatever his mass is right now.
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 am

Somehow, impossibly, the bubble of force Jammer surrounds herself somehow expands briefly to cover all of the six or seven stories of human flesh that is Gargantua. He goes flying with a sound like a falling mountain, crashing into the detention center with an angry curse and a flash of the same light that accompanies Jammer's powers.

Tempus laughs at the sight. "Man, that was awesome. I'll have to remember that if we meet again, girlie. Until then." He waves jauntily "Tell your boss I'll be around to collect my payment-soon." He snaps his fingers and is gone, like he was never there at all.

That's a solid hit (being a giant, he has pretty low defenses). On the toughness, he gets a 26 result, so no damage. As for the strength check, he rolls a 1 and fails (guy has 16 Strength. Hilarious). As for the move object, let's say he weighs just under 6 tons. For the lulz. So he goes distance rank 0 or 30 feet. Slams into the building, that's DC 23 toughness, which he saves against. But he's prone, so that's something.
Tempus goes next, and he uses his Teleport power to get into one of the tunnels. He then Time Travels away.
Nightblade goes next, but he's really out of combat-I like to imagine he and Ronin are having an epic battle only to be interrupted by Gargantua falling in-between them.
So that means Kagiso is up next.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sriseru » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 am

Kagiso Nyaga
HP: 0 - Condition: -2 Toughness, Staggered, Fatigued

Cannon wrote:Cannon takes a few steps closer to Kagiso, hands aglow. "I've taken everything you threw at me toots. You might as well give up. I might take it easy on you, if you can make it worth my while." He smirks and then blasts her again.

"Or we can find out just how much you can take, bigmouth." He laughs a little.

Kagiso is about to retort, when Cannon's blast hits her with the impact of a truck.
"... You... hnn... insolent... cretin..." Kagiso mutters as she tries to recover from the blast. She then screams in anger and throws a fireball at him, and then a second.

OOC wrote:Toughness save (1d20+12-1=12)
:cry: Why!?

All-Out Arcane Blast (1d20+12=23), DC 27
Extra Effort for additional attack.
All-Out Arcane Blast (1d20+12=15)
Active Defenses lowered to 4.

UNLIMITED POWER!!!
Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:15 am

The fireballs burn off Cannon's shirt, revealing a fairly muscular physique, and singe one one of his eyebrows off. His flesh is red, and charred-looking.

"Oh, you bitch!" He shouts, clutching his face in pain.

Nearby, the downed Dreadnought's armor flashes with lights for a few minutes, apparently going through some kind of start-up phase. But like the faulty Millenium Falcon, it trails off with a whining sound, remaining inert.

Up above, Cyberknight's lance flashses, unleashing a blast at Steel Blue that goes wide.

"We've done what we came here to do, F.O.E. Heading out!" Her voice comes, before the sound of whatever keeps her afloat begins to travel away from you all.

Indeed, her words seem true. The detention center is a mess-Gargantua is only making it worse as he braces on it to stand back up-and most of the convicts are nowhere to be seen, with the rest fleeing quickly.

You manage to inflict two -1 penalties on him.
Dreadnought goes next, but he fails to recover from the Affliction.
Cyber Knight takes a shot at Steel Blue, but misses. She then moves some 240 feet away. She's also still concealed from all Vision.
SB is up.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Steel Blue
Condition: -1 Toughness
HP: 2

Catarina sighed. They were being terribly ineffective--though Dreadnought was still down, so there was something for the positive column--and she feared these villains would once again get away.

In her frustration, when Cyber-Knight once again attacked her, Catarina resisted retaliation. She might be invisible to everyone else, but Catarina's HUD displayed Cyber-Knight's position on the Radar screen. Steel Blue flew over.

"What do you hope to achieve? If you are seeking your freedom, you will not acquire it. The only outcome will be injury to yourself. Power down your systems and surrender. There is no other path for you." Steel Blue extended her gauntlet.

"We can clasp hands in agreement or I can fire upon you and send you down to the earth below to accompany Dreadnought in his misery. You must choose now."

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 am

Cyberknight laughed derisively. "What are you, stupid? Your rock man is down, that spikey-guy is nowhere to be seen. Baldie looks like she has one foot in the grave. All the people that were supposed to be you know, detained, in that detention center? Gone, thanks to F.O.E. We've already won here! So if you wanna stop me, you're going to have to blast me."

Yeah, SB is kind of negotiating from an inferior position here. At least in CK's eyes.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Tribal's blue aura suddenly changes, flickering shape before solidifying into a cheetah. "Thanks for the rescue, but I've got a kitty to chase." He says before running off with incredible speed-not as fast as Jammer or Faster Pussycat, but way beyond what a human should be able to do.

Lord Quake calls out, "Dreadnought! I shall protect you!" He kicks out with one mighty foot at Jammer's midsection before running over to stand next to the fallen armored man.

Gargantua laughs up high. "Showed that rocky bastard who the real blockhead is. So long." He begins shrinking down, running as he does, into one of the tunnels and out of sight.

After Steel Blue, Tribal goes. He uses a Move action to switch his power set to Cheetah and gets some 900 feet away.
Then, Lord Quake goes, he makes a 2 point AOA against Jammer, and he just barely hits with a 23. That's DC 28 toughness.
Cannon goes next and takes a shot at Kagiso, but misses with an 11 total.
Gargantua goes next, he shrinks down and double moves into a tunnel that Lord Quake created.
Jammer is up.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Omega Girl » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:37 am

Jammer
HP: 0 - Condition: -2 toughness, fatigued, staggered

The unexpected kick knocks Jammer senseless, and she doubles over in pain. With nothing else she can do, she takes a moment to catch her breath.

Toughness (1d20+6=10)
Recovery action.
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 am

Uh, sorry, Omega Girl, but failing a Toughness save by 18 makes you incapacitated, not Staggered. I meant to point that out earlier, but it slipped my mind.
In any event, Kagiso is up next.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sriseru » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am

Kagiso Nyaga
HP: 0 - Condition: -2 Toughness, Staggered, Fatigued

"It appears... as if... your compatriots... are abandoning you..." Kagiso pants heavily.
She then raises her hand and fires a bolt of lightning at Cannon.

OOC wrote:All-Out Arcane Blast (1d20+12=27), DC 27
Active Defenses reduced to 4.
Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 am

The blast hits Cannon dead on, but again the super tough villain simply grunts through the pain. "That's because we won, baldie! I'm only sticking around to teach you a lesson."

Meanwhile, the downed Dreadnought's armor comes back to life with a hum of engines and start-up lights. His voice, modulated by electronics once again, blares through. "Armor systems back on-line. Ass-kicking is go."

Lord Quake offers him a hand and helps him to his 'feet'. "Our task here is done, my friend. Perhaps it is best we depart. Further violence is not necessary-we have bested these champions of the surface people."

Dreadnought's anger is distinctive even through the electronics. "Embarrassed me in front of my new recruits. Can't be tolerated. Revenge must be exacted."

Up above, Cyberknight becomes visible again. She spits on the ground-way below. "You can chase me, or you can go help your friends. Your choice, hero." Then she's gone with a hum of antigravity, heading towards the nearest buildings some few hundred feet away, then dropping out of sight into the maze of the city.

He rolls a 27 total, no damage.
Dreadnought goes next, he makes another will check to overcome the Affliction-and just barely makes it. But that is the end of his turn, so he doesn't get to act yet.
CyberKnight's turn, she drops her Concealment and adjusts her Dynamic Array to increase her ranks of Flight. She double moves and is now a full mile away from Catarina. Following her will require a perception check. And since you have the same ranks in Flight, we'll have to make some opposed Flight checks to resolve the chase.
It is Steel Blue's turn.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 am

Steel Blue

Catarina sighed at Cyber-Knight's flight from the scene. What did she have to gain by her disdain? Cyber-Knight would be caught eventually; there was no point in chasing one person when so many had already fled. No, her teammates were more important.

She turned back to the scene at hand and saw two things: Dreadnought recovering and that Steph was down! "Steph!" Catarina called out of her comm. She immediately flew down to her side and popped open her thigh compartment. Dreadnought's declaration about "ass-kicking" troubled Catarina a little--she didn't like turning her back on a threat such as him, but she had no real choice. She had to make sure Steph was treated rapidly or there could be lasting consequences.

Catarina checked Steph vitals and satisfied with the results, administered a stimulant to revive her. Catarina hated this part and nervously checked Steph's pupil dilation. "Come on, Steph, come back. Come back."

Catarina's HUD told her Dreadnought was getting back up and she really needed Steph stabilized so she could commit her full attention to him.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room