Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Emerald City Knights Chapter 3: Power Play

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Emerald City Knights Chapter 3: Power Play

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 pm

As Rocky sails towards Lord Quake, the impressively garbed man raises one hand. Rocky feels his entire body slowing down, less like giant hands were holding him and more like some force was pervading his entire body. By the time he reaches Quake, he's lost all momentum and the other stone-faced man merely shoves him aside to stumble and land on his feet.

"You would attack me, the King of all Stonekin?! I, who have mastery over stone itself! You forget your place! At first I had hoped you might be one of my own brethren, but now I see the truth-you are merely a puppet for the surface-dwellers." His eyes, like hard gems, flash in anger.

Up above, Rook tosses a glance at Steel Blue before flying a little lower, probably trying to make it harder for her to blast him, should she try. At the same time, he catches Ronin with another shower of blades, going for his ankles.

Gargantua strides across the area, smashing a window out with one errant hand. "Remember me, Jones? Time for payback!" He stomps down towards Rocky, but is aim is enough and he just succeeds in making a giant foot-shaped crater.

"Feh. Can't dodge me forever, little man."

Faster Pussycast is suddenly next to Rocky, planting another kiss on his cheek. "Oh, I hope they aren't too rough on you, Mr. Jones. You've been ever so kind to me. I just hope I can make it up to you later." She actually scratches you lightly-not hardly enough to hurt with your skin- on your chest before she's gone, zigging and zagging like a cat chasing a beam of light.

She tosses a jaunty wave at Tribal, saying "Better luck next time, hombre." With a wicked smirk.

And Quake gets a Toughness result of...34.
Rook's turn, he makes a +5/-5 Power Attack on Ronin, he hits with a 27. DC 25 Damage
Gargantua goes next and he makes a +2/-2 Accurate Attack against Rocky, but he misses with a 15 total.
FP goes next, and she's had enough of this party. She high-tails it and is a mile away. Anybody that wants to chase wit her needs to be like that fast and then make a Perception check.
But maybe you've got bigger fish to fry.
Jammer's up next.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 am

Ronin
HP: 2, LP:1, Condiotion: Toughness -1

Blades slam against Ronin's armor, but only a few stick in.

Toughness: 1d20+9=23
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Omega Girl » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Jammer
HP: 1-1=0 - Condition: -1 toughness, fatigued

Toughness (1d20+7=16)
Hero Point to re-roll so I don't get one-shotted in this fight: Toughness Re-roll (1d20+7=16)
IC is trying to kill meeee...
But with the +10 for the hero point, it's only a bruise

Arthur Eld wrote: "I am sorry for this, miss. Though I am loath to strike a maid, even a human one, I must not allow you and yours to detain my comrades. I shall try to make this as painless as I can."

Quake's blow sent Jammer reeling. Her skates saved her, absorbing most of the blow and rolling her back.

"Spare me your sanctimonious crap, mister! Any decent person knows the way to do right isn't to beat up on people smaller than you!"

She slowed the world and took a casual appraisal of the scene. If nothing else, she needed to pull some heat off Rocky and Kagiso so they could do what they do best. Second-period blitz. Faster than the eye can follow, she was in front of Tribal, winding up for a punching before jinking sideways, grabbing his shirt, and yanking it over his head, leaving the angry man sprawling and off-balance. "Rocky! Don't forget to save a dance for your first date!"

A moment later she was barreling into Cannon. "Roughness penalty!" The blaster stumbled backward, loosing his footing.

Returning to her starting position, cheeks flushed and nose bleeding, she took a moment to smooth her hair. "And I am NO maid..."

Jammer's burning some extra effort to take an extra standard action. Since Tribal's looking shakey, she's using aid another to help Rocky's next swing against him:
Aid Another (1d20+17=35)
So Rocky gets a +5 to his next attack roll against Tribal.
Second, she's going to aid another to help Kagiso finish off Cannon:
Aid Another (1d20+17=26)
So Kagiso gets a +5 to her next attack against Cannon.
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Tempus waved a hand lazily towards Rocky, enshrouding him in that weird time-dilation effect of his.

"I've never fought superheroes before. If they're all this lame, it shouldn't be long before F.O.E. runs this city."

Up on the roof, Nightblade moved with incredible speed. His black blade cut through the air, slicing into Ronin's armored form. Withdrawing from the attack gracefully, he stepped back, blade swinging to discourage any counter-attack before he took a step backwards and seeming fell down into his shadow. Then he was gone from sight.

Tempus goes next, and he takes a shot at Rocky.
He manages to hit, so its DC 22 will or be Dazed/Hindered/Vulnerable.
Nightblade's turn, he PAs for +2/-2 against Ronin, and hits with a 25. That's DC 25 toughness.
He then Teleports back into the building, not that you guys know that.
Kagiso is up next.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Ronin
HP: 2, LP: 1, Condition: -2 Toughness, Dazed

The sword slashes into Ronin, causing him to stagger forward a bit.

Toughness: 1d20+9-1=15
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sriseru » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 am

Kagiso Nyaga
HP: 0 - Condition: -1 Toughness

"I will destroy you!!!" Kagiso yells before casting a freezing ray towards Cannon. "Much obliged, Jammer!"

OOC wrote:All-Out Arcane Blast (1d20+12+5=21), DC 27
Active Defenses lowered to 4.
What is up with my rolls, anyway?
Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 am

will: 1d20+7=27

Rocky isn't sure how he does it, but he shakes himself out of the effect

"No Warudo," he grunts
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Cannon soaks Kagiso's blast again, his shirt singed, but otherwise unharmed. "How did you punks ever beat us before?" He asks.

Up above, Dreadnought and Cyberknight focus their attacks on Steel Blue, but the armored heroine is able to avoid their blasts, which tear up the street below with massive craters.

On the roof, Ronin tosses a look at the flying Rook before seemingly dismissing him, heading into the detention center, presumably after his disappeared foe.

Cannon gets a 27 total, so he's unharmed. IC is in love with him, it seems.
Next, Dreadnought attacks the still Vulnerable SB, AOA and PA for +5/-5, he gets a 14 total, so that's a miss.
Ronin goes next, he'll head into the building on a hunch that Nightblade is there.
Cyberknight goes next, she attacks SB, PA for +2/-2, and gets a 12 total.
Steel Blue is up.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Steel Blue
Condition: -1 Toughness
HP: 2

Catarina struggled with her tactics. The doctor side of her wanted--and desperately so--to go into the building and check on the Correctional Officers to see how badly they might be wounded. The warrior side of her wanted to pound these villains senseless with her force bolts.

Her eyes narrowed as blasts of energy came at her. That she managed to dodge them made her want to shout with glee. Her sensors told her that the chronoparticles that were retarding her perception had attenuated enough for her to react more quickly.

Steel Blue targeted Dreadnought with a stunning force bolt. His armor seemed formidable. She would have to work on alternate methods of dealing with villains other than with direct force. Perhaps attacking the neural connections directly...?

She shook her head to clear herself of her scientific reverie and unleashed her attack at Dreadnought.

Power Attack 3 (1d20+8-3=11) DC 25 Fort Impaired/Stunned/Incap

Will check (DC 22) (1d20+8=25) Free!
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 am

There's a crackle of electricity around Dreadnought's systems, followed by a whining sound-his engines going offline.

He falls with an electronically modulated shout. "Son of a bitch!" The impact is thunderous, but his armor seems intact.

Down on the ground, Lord Quake spares his fallen ally a glance. "Worry not, Dreadnought! We shall deal with this oppressors!" He takes a wide stance and punches Rocky with both of his fists, square in the stomach.

Cannon takes a few steps closer to Kagiso, hands aglow. "I've taken everything you threw at me toots. You might as well give up. I might take it easy on you, if you can make it worth my while." He smirks and then blasts her again.

"Or we can find out just how much you can take, bigmouth." He laughs a little.

That's a hit, and he's Stunned. Which means he falls, since he can't take the Free Action to maintain his Flight.
He's about-oh, I dunno, sixty feet up (distance rank 1). That's Damage 6 for the fall, but his Impervious soaks that.
Tribal's turn, he does nothing but Recover, and he's Staggered no more!
Quaker Oats goes next, he takes a swing at Rocky, AOA and PA for +2/-2. He hits with a total of 22. DC 30.
Cannon goes and takes a shot at Kagiso. He gets a 23 total, DC 27 damage.
Rocky's turn.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3731392/]1d20+11=12[/url]

hp to reroll: 1d20+11=20

all-out power attack on quake, +5-5: 1d20+8=21

Rocky Winces, and

"Okay, that's It," he says, jutting his lip outward, "I'm gonna knock your block off!"

And hits the stone man as hard as he possibly can
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Once again, Quake manages to stop Rocky's attack, this time taking the blow on one mighty forearm. "Though you are indeed strong, I am still beyond you. Yield, I urge you. Taking arms against a fellow stonekin, even one so lost as to work with surface dwellers, pains my heart.

Up above, the Rook goes flying away from the area, a last bunch of escaped convicts following him on those flying air-drones. Even more stream into the tunnels Quake had created.

Gargantua again struggles to hit Rocky, his massive fist missing him by inches. "Quit moving around so much!" He yells in frustration.

That's a hit, but he gets a natural 20-again-for a total of 34. I almost feel bad for you.
The Rook goes next, and he double moves the hell out of there, so he's 1,800 feet out. The roof is pretty much clear at this point.
Now its the Big G's turn, and he swings at Rocky, AOA for +2/-2, and gets a total of 14. So that's a miss.
Top of the round, with FP out of combat, we go right to Jammer's turn.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 pm

actually, that does hit, on account of rocky's defense juggling

what's the dc?

Rocky's about to respond, when he's suddenly stomped on by Garguta's foot
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Right, my bad. In that case, its DC 31.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 pm

1d20+11=15

incapacitated

"fo bes lucky wash..." Rocky groans, somehow still standing despit being stomped on by the jolly green jerkass yet clearly knocked for a loop, "use mistah sparkle..."

before falling flat on his face
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room