Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

Postby Sakuro » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:49 pm

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: jewelry exchange, then Cal Fed and Savings after teleport

Before they were teleported away Bastion stepped up to take a look at the video showed to them by the agent. After it was over his attention shifted to Kris at hearing the comment about Oculon.

"Seeing through walls is a problem if we want surprise. But if this video is solid, it is possible he could be distracted by the vigilante inside. We can use that if we act with speed and precision. When we get there, scry to get confirmation on what the video has shown us, and find a good place to teleport in. We'll have to forgo meeting up with the authorities on scene if we want a chance of surprise and to back up the person already inside before they get overwhelmed. I think the video gave us what we needed intel-wise anyway. Thank you Agent."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Kris Majax
HP: 1, LP: 1

Kris nods. Since they were going to teleport in anyway and didn't need to get an update from the agents, Kris teleports a mile away from the bank in Oakland. Close enough to scry but hopefully far enough for Occulon not to be looking in the area.

Then he pulls out his scrying ball and begins to look at the scene inside the bank, projecting it in the air so others could also see.

Gadgets to crystal ball: ESP 5 (audio, visual; PF: Subtle 2; F: Full Round action); Quickness 3 (Limited to scrying); Enhanced Skill (Notice +8)
Use Illusions to project what i see.
Notice: 1D20+9+8 = [15]+9+8 = 32
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Shock
HP: 1

Chris grimaced when he saw Occulon. "Him again? I agree. We can't leave whoever's in there on his own for long."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 am

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 0
LP: 1

"I can keep Occulon occupied. I'm not the easiest target to hit after all, plus this bug's got a bite."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 am

Dragonfyre
HP:3 Cnd: Ready

Tony looked over the scene on the Video, cocked his head a little and then looked at the others. "I could always just do a Dragon Drop right in and distract them all by going all Dragon Rage...that would allow the others a chance to ambush from other angles. After all...I am a big target, and I make lot's o noise...all the time." The last was delivered with a toothy grin.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 am

Skylark
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

Gunfire rings out through the streets and hot lead chips fragments of stone off the curb. One bullet clips her ponytail and another makes a neat hole through her wing-cape. They almost get her before she makes it behind cover. "How many?" her earpiece commlink crackles to life.

"I count a Viper team, one of their battlesuits and Aardvark, Anteater, whatever he's called," Skylark radios back. She tries to look, and is promptly chased back under cover by a hail of gunfire. She's a lean, athletic figure, in mine-proof boots and a sleeveless leotard, shoulder-length gloves and thigh-high socks, all in her signature white and sky blue. From her back sprouts a pair of magnificent white wings -- 72 individually articulated feathers that move in response to electrical signals running down her spine and allow her to fly. She crouches in silence, a fan of titanium feather blades in one hand and her sonic blade in the other. Behind the opaque white eyeholes of her sky-blue half-mask, her brow is furrowed in concentration, listening for the tell-tale tinkle of grenade pins.

"That's too many heavies for you to handle. Stay under cover and don't engage, don't let them pin you down."

For once Skylark has to agree. "You know what, old man? I'm gonna lead them into the bank. Plus I think I spied some snakes crawl in a while back." Out in the open the heavy weapons of the two powersuits put her at a disadvantage. But in the bank there was cover and darkness and both were her friend.

"There's no point telling you to be careful, is there?"

"'Course there isn't." She grins. "I'm a super ninja clone assassin. I don't make careless mistakes."

"Don't run out of luck either, super ninja clone assassin. I'll update you once I get back to base."

"Roger."
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Everyone, save Skylark

As the team appears on a nearby rooftop The scene plays out before them as thus. The Police and Aegis aren't as hard pressed as they were at the Exchange without U-235 to create the vicious energy field he did. Still though Viper chose their target well as this building is built with only one approach and thus more easily defendable.

The scrying crystal show the young woman in the bird like costume holding her own for now as Occulon tries to blast her with his tracking eye beams but shes able to dodge them and keep dodging them, though how long that state of affairs will persist is anyone's guess.

The 2 5 teams have move on to their tasks securing the people in the braches offices as well as the front door. Where both of the Steel Serpents reinforces them. The murderous fire put out by the Armor is doing a painful job on the police as they try and approach the building.

One fact though shows something very interesting . namely that the hold dug by armadillo is still there and thus accessbile via the sewer system. it is guarded by a single agent.

That's when things turn bad for the young heroine inside. Armadillo adds his firepower to Occulons which makes it more difficult to dodge their attacks when suddenly she is hit from behind by a big, and burly brute that all 5 heroes recognize from the blotters.

Belicose.

One of the FBIs, and Aegis most wanted criminals. The guys is a physical powerhouse, fast and agile, and nasty to boot. The football tackle sends the young woman flying and actually blasts her clean out of the building. Even though shes on the second floor she spreads the wings on her back and manages to easilyl dodge Occulons fire now that shes got some room to maneuver.

--ooOoo--

"Do I even want to know what hit you?" the stern voice of the Falcon comes through the ear comm.

'Also slight change of plans not going to be able to exit just yet." he replies as calmly as if he were discussing the weather.

As she flies Kris is once more hit by the vision of the white bird attacking the snake.

Skylarks a bit busy to see the group given the blasting that occulons doing.

The group can see Skylark though they don't know her yet.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Kris Majax

Kris gives up the formality and just looks at Bastion. "Call it, Bastion."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 pm

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Cal Fed and Savings

Bastion seized up the scene quickly. His mouth opened and he stopped himself from doing what Kris wound up asking him to do a few seconds later. After that there wasn't any hesitation or pause. First he looked to Dragonfyre and pointed at the winged girl who'd gotten nocked out of the bank.

"Dragonfyre, get the brute off the bird girl, and see if you can get her to take on a Steel Viper instead. Try to maneuver the bad guy within range of AEGIS so they can supply support fire."

A finger pointed at a central location in the bank's main room the team could easily branch out to their targets from, yet offered some initial cover from immediate attack.

"Kris, teleport the rest of us in ... here."

His head turned and lenses cover eyes fixed on Shock as he went on.

"Once we're inside, Shock take the five teams. You're more precise with that chain lightning than I am with my thunderclap, and those guys are hanging out near civilians. When you finish with them, move on to Steel Serpents. I'll handle the Serpents until then."

Finally he looked between Hornet and Kris, saving the more complex task for last.

"Hornet and Kris, keep Oculon and Armadillo busy, but supply support where you can. We want to take out the five teams and Steel Serpents fast, so they aren't witling at our defenses and making openings for the big guns."

He paused, head turning to pan his eyes over the Protectors and make sure there was no confusion. If there wasn't, or if no one had questions, he looked to Kris and gave a 'go ahead' nod to get things moving.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Skylark
Condition: Normal > Bruised -3 / HP: 1+1 = 2

Just for fun, I'm gonna start this with 3 bruises. Makes sense. :)

Also I awarded myself a HP for that thing you PMed me about catsi back when we were discussing my build. :D

catsi563 wrote:"Do I even want to know what hit you?" the stern voice of the Falcon comes through the ear comm.

Splinters of glass spray all over the street below as she's hit by the mother of all football tackles and blaster right out of the bank. "An eighteen-wheeler with attitude," Skylark hisses through gritted teeth as she flexes her wings and manages to stay in the air. Her costume is torn from the beating she's taken and she's bleeding from the shoulder where a stray round has grazed her. So far, nothing broken yet, but she has to wonder how much luck she has left in the bank. The Viper goons are easy peasy for her to take out. But three veteran supers and two Steel Serpents is too much for her to take on all at once. She can't even do anything for the police down below, she's so busy trying to stay alive.

"I'm gonna keep them shooting at me to keep the fire off you and the civvies," she says, dodging more eye beams from Occulon and swinging onto the rooftop to give herself a temporary respite. It's not a winning strategy, but it'll do until she figures out something really smart.

Total defense to bring my defense to +17
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:3 Cnd: Dragon...

The grin that spread across Tony's face was that of a happy predator...Tag the big guy...keep him focused on me...Keep them ALL focused on me...bird girl to take Steel Viper...THAT is me...With a simple nod, Dragonfyre rockets into the sky as high as he can in a single downthrust. Then, with a lazy turn over, Dragonfyre folds his wings back and aims right for Belicose.

Charge Attack DC25. -2 to Defense Next Round (1d20+9+2=31)...BAMMMMM Crit Attack DC30 Now! What a way to make an entrance! Will yell at Skylark on next turn...

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Shock
HP: 1

Chris nodded at Bastion's instructions. "Five teams, going down."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Dragonfyre

As Belicose is patting himself on the back for Bashing Skylark Karma shows that turnabout is fair play is on the menu as Tony comes rocketing in through the same window and clobbers him with a brutal crash which sends Belicose flying through a wall the opposite direction.

The other supervillains and agents see this and react quickly advancing on tony or taking cover as they can, as the big fight gets well and truly underway.

That hits Belicoses toughness save 24 fail by 7 bes bruised and stunned

With Tonys attack initiative kicks in and ill need rolls for everyone please

Belicose 23
Occulon 10
Armadillo 20
Steel Serpents 21
Viper agents 5

Initiaves here

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Kris Majax
HP: 1, LP: 1; Condition: Fine

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Assuming we teleported when Tony flew off to tag Belicose.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Return to “M&M Game Room”