Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Kris Majax

"Great job everyone. We got a similar situation in Oakland, complete with three villians, a pair of 5 man teams, and duo of steel serpents. We might want to hit them inside out, since they have a bit of a head start. Thoughts?"
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Shock
HP: 1
Condition: Bruised 3, Staggered, Stunned

Chris stood for a moment to admire his handiwork when a VIPER agent-missile struck him square in the back. They both impacted into a wall. Fortunately, only Chris was able to rise, though slowly. "I don't think we have time for anything fancy. Also.... Ow."

Reflex save (1d20 + 11=14) Nice. Given that my Toughness is really beat down already I'll just HP that and auto-succeed.

EDIT: on the advice of my lawyer, I retract my HP usage
Toughness save (1d20 + 7 - 2=10) Ouch.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Kris Majax

Kris winces as the agent takes out Shock. "Oohh... my bad... sorry about that. He slipped... oily, snaky guys.."

Kris shuffles over and kneels next to Shock. "Dude, you're making me look bad." He places his hand and intones his healing spell.

Kris will heal anybody who is injured up to full.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Shock
HP: 1

Chris winced. "I'll try to get beat up with a little more panache going forward." The grimace faded to a smile as his bruises healed. "Thanks."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 0
LP: 1

“Maybe let Bastion deal with the 5-man teams, which shouldn’t take him too long while Dragonfyre and Shock handle the Steel Serpents and you and me keep the super crooks busy until the others can join in.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:05 pm

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: jewelry exchange

He had a burn from the radioactive villain's atomic fire, but otherwise the young man seemed fine. Even that burn disappeared soon with Kris' healing. A bisque nod of silent tanks was given in response. Then when Kris congratulated everyone on a job well done Bastion interjected.

"It could have gone better."

Turning his head he looked between the armored mini-man and the fiery dragon. His tone was advisory, pointing something that shouldn't be overlooked, but without any negativity in his bearing.

"You guys are tough, but unless you're immune to radiation, that was reckless flying through the radiation barrier without protection. It would have only taken a few seconds to grab some from the medical people. Maybe I should have made a point of alerting you to it's availability, but I thought you'd have seen Shock's."

After a short pause he panned his gaze over the Protector before finally settling on the magician who lead them.

"Don't rush. That is when mistakes are more easily made. Don't let VIPER set the pace. They've had time to prepare. In order to make the right decision we need information. Rather than teleporting into the thick of things from the start it'd be better to assess the situation first, and if the circumstances permit, consult with the authorities on scene."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 0
LP: 1

Bastion wrote: "You guys are tough, but unless you're immune to radiation, that was reckless flying through the radiation barrier without protection. It would have only taken a few seconds to grab some from the medical people. Maybe I should have made a point of alerting you to it's availability, but I thought you'd have seen Shock's."

“My armor did protect me from the hard rads of the field, I just had to fly fast enough to not let the accompanying heat be a problem.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Kris Majax

"Good idea, Bastion. I'll teleport us about a block away. I can scry on the scene while a couple of you check with the authorities. And nobody engages the bad guys until we have a plan."

He pauses. "Unless someone is about to die of course."

"And I trust you guys to know you're limits. Just don't think you can't ask for help when you need it."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 pm

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
Loc.: jewelry exchange

When Hornet spoke his attention was on the armored hero. Bastion refrained from further comment on the matter. Then after Kris sketched out what they'd be doing he spoke up, gaze panning the other. Wordlessly he encouraged them to speak up if they felt a need, even as he spoke.

"If there is nothing else we need to touch on, we should get moving."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Kris Majax

"Agreed." The symbols of the staff glow and the team is teleported away.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:3 Cnd: Attentive

Tony stood there listening to the after battle debrief, nodding his head when appropriate. When Bastion mentions not charging in, a part of Tony started to bristle, then he realized he was right. He was reckless. He had always been reckless...and so far, no one had gotten seriously hurt. Karma like that doesn't last long. The sobering reality that where he went, destruction followed, made the young dragon gulp. His scales shade a darker orange for a brief second. Then he simply hung his head and took a deep breath. This wasn't a game...this was real life. Death meant...dead.

Understanding his part in the upcoming battle, Dragonfyre simply nodded. As they all got ready to be teleported, Tony motions to speak to Bastion for a moment," Hey...ummm...sorry about that. Sometimes...sometimes I forget that this is all real. Sometimes the anger just pushes me. You were right. Thanks...for the heads up."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:40 pm

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
Loc.: jewelry exchange, then Cal Fed and Savings after teleport

Noting Dragonfyre's gesture he moved closer to the dragon and lent the Protector his ear. He listened without interjection. There wasn't any judgment in the man when his peer shared his anger issues and tendency to forget how real the dangers they faced were. Instead When Tony had said his piece Bastion clapped his companion on the shoulder in a comradely fashion.

"After this, I can help you work on that if you like."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Everyone

The group quickly comes together and gets ready to move out. As they do the Agent in charge liasing with one of Bay Cities finest gives them some quick updates.

"We have some video from a cellphone, passerby who uploaded it just before the areas cell service was jammed." he explains as he holds up the smart tablet which starts playing a video. The video is shaky in spite of the technology of the tablet helping to clean it up. It shows a van tear up and peel to a halt. Out of the Van pours a 5 team, and a Steel Serpent armor along with a costumed villain that the group recognizes immediately as Occulon sprung it seems from prison. As the first group rushes into the building there is a series of loud sounds from inside the building.

The person holding the camera phone gets closer and as they peer inside the doors Hornet catches a view of another 5 team coming out of a hole in the ground along with a large armored villain that he recognizes as Armadillo. The power Armored crook specializes in tunneling and out of the hole pours another team and another Steel Serpent suit.

Just as the team starts spreading out fireing at people a white and blue blurs flashes past them nailing Armadillo and knocking him back down the hole he'd just made, also casuing the 5 team to scatter and dive for cover, then return fire wildly as the white and blue blur dodges about.

Its at that moment that the video cuts out. As He watches kris gets a feeling of deja vu and sees again the flash of premonition he had in the tunnels of a silver blue bird attacking a snake.

"that's as much as we have, BCPD has locked down the scene but theyre having trouble approaching seems someone dug pitfalls into the concrete causing multiple accidents and making it difficult to approach."

"Not sure who the new comer is but we've had word of a rookie in the area lately taking down several of the local gangs, and had a few run ins with VIPER."

"Good luck gusy well back you up as soon as we can." He offers.

Kris then promptly teleports the group mere seconds later.

You may describe the teleport and where you end up and plans etc to begin rooting the snakes out.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Kris Majax

"Occulon will see our approach. He can see through barriers." Kris says, remembering their earlier encounter with him.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Skylark

Over the course of the last year a young teenage girl has lead a double life. On one hand her guardian has made sure she has what would be considered a normal comfortable life, school, malls, movies, friends, smartphones and texting.

On the other hand though, despite her guardians stern disapproval she runs around in a costume, taking down bad guys, standing up for the downtrodden, and generally kicking all sorts of awesome butt!

She'd be having more of a blast if her guardian didn't insist on training her tuckus off. "An hour of sweat in the gym prevents a gallon of blood on the streets." he would admonish her when she would get lazy in her training, and would then proceed to push her harder. His determination to see her lead a normal life outweighed by the need to keep her alive.

Lately she'd found that her past had begun to catch up with her. Viper was not your typical gang of thugs. these guys were well trained and equipped, and more importantly they knew things about her, like how to take her down, and her equipment.

Still she'd kicked their rear ends pretty roundly--or gotten very lucky as The Falcon had reminded her-- and they hadn't caught her yet. Recently though their attacks had slacked off, though weirdly enough the tension in the air hadn't slacked off at all as if something were building, like thunderclouds on the horizon dark and ominous.

Then she had busted in on the gangs in the warehouse one night. They hadn't been a problem 24 of them armed with handguns and a few SMGs. Only one had given her a problem. The slick looking guy in the suit talking to them. He had carried a Blaster pistol, Viper in issue, that he was very adept at using, as Falcons hard look at the blaster burns on her uniform had shown.

Still she had taken him down and after a brief search found a text with a location and time. A search of that location revealed a viper 5 team which she had dispatched and a whole world of trouble. namely a large variety of tanks, and Attack robots. Mech Vipers fully armed. The 5 team had gone down without too much effort, but all the fun and games ended when 4 of the Mech Vipers had been activated they enarly leveled the warehouse before she escaped. When she finally returned the tanks and Mechs were gone, and the warehouse was in flames. But she was certain she had stumbled onto something Big.

Falcon surprisingly enough agreed. A week had passed with no signs of Vipers activities until in the middle of the day when while looking in on the announcement of the verdict for the trial of several Viper big wigs--Guilty her favorite verdict for guys like that-- When all hell had broken loose.

Tanks, and Viper APCs had swarmed out into the streets hitting every single thing in sight chasing people shooting at anything that moved practically. Mech Vipers had begun marching through the streets, and Viper 5 teams with them.

She had done what she could but things were clearly out of control and with authorities and Aegis agents in the streets fighting back she had headed for the Falcons lair to get more info and make sure the old man was ok.

That's when she had come across the Bank, the old man did security consulting for companies and she found in his itinerary that he was scheduled to consult at Cal Feds Oakland branch today. She had rushed over to find him avoiding anti-air fire the entire way their as well as several attack planes and coptors--where the here did Viper get these things??-- before finally rushing in to the branch and finding it under attack.

She had leveled the big Armored looking Villain--Armadillo, Anteater, Aardvark something like that-- knocking him down into the hole and scattering the 5 team with him before having to duck for cover as they returned fire along with a suit of Power Armor that she hadn't seen before but that had enough firepower to make her think twice about sticking her pretty little head up.

Yeah life had gotten very complicated today, and little did she know things would get even more complicated very soon.

Still Skylark would fly and sing like her namesake because that's what she did.

Welcome at last to Ysariel

roleplay as you will describe and such

as soon as everyone updates their positons well move into the last battle of part 1 of this finale

PS never did see Skylarks name :wink:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Return to “M&M Game Room”