Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Shock
HP: 3
Condition: Fatigued

Thugs were so dumb these days. Even with META he didn't stand a chance against the two of them. Hopefully. Chris dove to the side, avoiding the blast of light and then sent his own blast back in response to gauge how tough this one had gotten.

Reflex save (1d20 + 11=21) Er, forgot the Fatigue penalty to Dex so it's actually a 20 but still successful. With Evasion, that's no damage.
Lightning bolt attack (1d20 + 8=22) DC26 if that's a hit.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Shock and Dragon Fyre

The hopped up thugs eye beams shoot past Shock in a torrent as the electric hero dives to the side nimbly. Shocks return Jolt seems to light up the Thug who howls in pain.

Super thugs toughness save http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3743222/ 13 Ouch fails by 13 but the META makes him no longer a minion so thats a staggered and a stunned.

Need tonys reflex save and toughness save an action if any.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Dragonfyre
HP: 2 Cnd: PO'ed

"Rharrrgh!!!!!" Tony roars as he slaps aside the car door, only to almost be caught by a wave of Golden Energy. With a sudden dip and barrel roll, Dragonfyre skips over the golden wave and slams into Golden Boy. "Really?...you're gonna attack me after I trash your car? Dude, you are so gonna wake up broken."

Reflex (1d20+6=23)...Toughness vs DC19 (1d20+12=14)Ummm, no way...HP a reroll: Toughness vs DC19 (1d20+12=27)...better. Fly down and uppercut this butt head. Dragon Uppercut DC25 (1d20+8=21)
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 am

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

When you offer to put it together for her her face brightens up and she nearly flys out of her seat and glomps you only to pull back a second later chuckling nervously while shaking your hand its clear shes trying to regain her composure while attempting --badly-- to hide the bright red blush on her cheeks.

"If love to collaborate with you,a nd I think well make a great pair...'TEAM!! II-uh team yeah." she fans herself "Woo is it hot in here, we should adjust the ac or check the environmental controls or something." she says while she turns away mumbling something about omgwhatamidoinggetaholdofyourself.

Hornet chuckles at Karen's big reaction to his offer; he was surprised by it but he'd have been lying if he hadn't enjoyed it just a bit. "Ok, so you're cool with me helping. Got it. But there is one other thing I think I should get out of the way now before we go any further since we'll be spending a lot of time together...working together." He manages to add.

As he continues to speak Hornet puts both of his hands on the sides of his helmet, letting his thumbs and index fingers make contact with certain spots that undo the magnetic locks that keep it connected to the rest of the armor. "There are times that working in the armor is useful, like when we'll be working on your project but most of the time it's just hot and a bit heavy so I won't be wearing it most of the time. Plus I know you've been through what's one of the most in-depth vetting processes a person could be put through and I don't really want you to be calling me Doctor Hornet or anything like that, that makes me sound like one of the people I should be fighting nowadays, so I figured I might as well get this out of the way now." And with that Hornet pulls his helmet off and sits it on the table next to him as he runs a hand through his short cut hair.

"Nice to meet you Karen, I'm Kirk McGlothlin. Excuse my helmet hair, but I've yet to find a way to stop it from happening everytime I wear the armor."

--
and here's what he looks like under the armor. What? Were you expecting a pic of Toby Macguire?
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Hornet

"Hair gel, lots of Hair gel." She deadpans before smiling that smile again.'

"Its nice to meet you Kirk." she says as she shakes your hand "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship."

The next few hours find the two of you collaborating on the Hornet armor as you put her modifications to good use for your next encounter with Firefly. this in and of itself turns out to be an experience and a half as Karen turns out to be almost as enthusiastic about her work as she was about meeting you.

In fact its almost as if she hadnt worked in ages and was bursting with happiness to get back into the thick of things again.

this leads to the occasional bit of tension as the two of you butt heads.

"No, No Kirk." She snaps "If you do that the armors power supply will back feed on itself!"

" And Im telling you I've worked with this armor for years now it will hold." is the reply only for her to comeback

"And I'm telling you the that, that is insane! The surge protectors cant handle that much juice, they WILL fail and the power supply will feedback on itself and you will go EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW KERSPLAT!!" she roars at your stubborness.

Of course she was technically right, the power would feed back onto itself. But so were you as well, since youve put bits and pieces into that armor that not even the original desginers intended or knew about.

Needless to say you worked it out. This lead to dinner which was served quietly by Jean Phillipe who never made a sound entering or leaving while you were working.

It also leads to commedy as well, like the time she explained to you that she simply cannot cook anything. Shes microwave incompatible she says. Also pot and pan incompatible. he takeout bills are tremedous, but the staff at the local restuarants all know her. Dont get her started on her numerous Soufle' attempts.

finally at the end of the day she yawns and stretches her lithe frame out and rubs her eyes. "Phew im beat, but I think we solved that cycling problem finally."

"think that ferrys still out there?" she asks "I need to get home and feed my cat, He'll rip the bejeebus out of my couch if I dont."

Dont forget the free invention you get from this.

Ahh fun and drama for the work place. :D

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Shock and Dragon Fyre

The impact of a couple hundred pounds of Dragon slam into the thug who actualt CATCHES Tony in mid air. Teh Impact is thunderous but he stops the Dragonman and holds him in a contest of strength for a few moments.

A contest which Tony ends by slamming his forehead against the bridge of the Thugs nose whihc collapses nicely with a crunch of cartelege and a spray of blood.

As he staggers back Tony is forced to dive out of the way as a pair of Golden eye beams Snarl out of his eyes at him. But before he can think hes safe though the beams turn on their heels and come back at him with deadly intent.

Thugs toughness save 16 fail by 9 is a bruised and stunned. Fiating the stunned HP to Tony.

Hell use his homing eye beams on Tony 4 big whiff but they have 2 more chances.

Shocks up.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Nineofspades » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Green Lantern
HP 3

catsi563 wrote:"That is your key, find the lock and use it, open it, and when you do replace it with something precious, when you do you'll return here, and bring the demon with you, then I'll take care of the rest."

Ashley didn't understand exactly what Arcane meant. Not really. But she understood a few very simple things. That Kris's soul was at stake, that demonic entities were at fault for that, and that she needed to use her ring to create some sort of passageway to those demons, at which point they would learn that Ashley did not consider her Sector Authority to only extend to this dimension of space.

It was just the first step which had her puzzled. She was a good lantern, at least she thought she was, and others had told her as much. But she'd never pushed herself or her connection to the ring like this, into something so abstract. Building a construct was about shaping the light into a solid, like a drawing turned three dimensional. First you imagine, then you focus, then you create.

This was different though. She didn't have any clue how to build the construct. No mental picture to paint.

Ashley felt herself starting to slip into circular reasoning, and shook herself out of it. This was simpler than she was making it. Had to be. Magic wasn't about tangible constants. It was about beliefs and perceptions. So then, as far as she figured, whatever she believed would work, Would indeed work.

Right?

"Ok...Here we go" Ashley said, looking Kris in the eye, and giving him the signal to brace for whatever was about to happen. Then she went to work. Raising her ring, and leveling it at Kris's chest, Ashley projected a thin beam of light which passed harmlessly through Kris's body, and into his heart. A Physical link, something to symbolize the metaphorical link Ashley was trying to create.

Arcane had said they needed a gateway next. So Ashley focused on a point along the beam, and allowed it to expand out, forming a golden archway between them, one shut tight with an imposing barrier, and a single keyhole in the center, still along the same line that Ashley had first created. The Soul connected to the heart, the heart to the beam of light, the light to the door, and Finally the Door to Ashley. An unbroken chain from one to the other. Now all that was needed was a key to open the gateway, and link Ashley directly to Kris's soul.

A third construct, a green key, appeared In ashley's free hand. She took a deep breath, placing it into the keyhole on her doorway. But she didn't turn it yet. Ashley could feel that there was a power at work her, beyond the willpower she wielded. It was strange and alien to her, something deep and ancient which moved with the stars themselves, a single note in a melody which rumbled through reality. She was on the edge of a cliff and about to jump into infinity.

Her knee's felt weak. Sweat wore heavy on her brow, the strain of her link was like trying to hold up a mountain. There wasn't time to hesitate, or the entire thing would shatter. She only had a chance to steady herself, before leaping.

"In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night" The words came of their own accord, a chant which had branded itself onto Ashley's very identity. "No Evil Shall Escape My Sight" She turned the Key, a deep booming filled the room as the tumblers shifted open one by one. With a tremendious Crash, the Door burst inword, a great swirling void appearin beyond, streaching far out to the horizon. Winds swirled through the champer, grasping at anything not secured in place and hurling it through the gate. "LET THOSE WHO WORSHIP EVILS MIGHT BEWARE MY POWER" Ashley shouted over the winds. She could do it. She Will Do it. "GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT"

Charging through the Gate, Time seemed to slow. The noise disappeared, and all sound went with it. The only thing Ashley could hear was her heart beat. But soon, another joined it. Its dull, persistant thump joining in with Ashley's own. As she hurled forward, she saw Kris still standing there, in Arcanes chamber. But he seemed distant to her. She could feel herself fading from that world. With each moment, she felt more and more immaterial. Even with the slowed perception of time, she knew she had only an instant before she'd be gone entirely.

And for a moment, she felt a great fear inside her, because she knew this might very well be the last time she'd ever see Kris.

As the world around her grew dim, the colors fading away, and her own body now little more than a vaperous phantom, Ashley wrapped her arms around Kris, and embraced him, her lips pressed against his. In her frozen moment, he seemed suspended. A Single point left of the world she'd left behind, the last remnant she'd see before plugged into fire and battle against things she couldn't begin to imagine. And it was then she realized the second heart beat must be his.

As the two rhythms pulsed in harmony, Ashley McAdams, Green Lantern of Sector 2814, Left her world, and entered hell.
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Kris Majax

As Ashley raises her hand, Kris lets out a deep breath. The green beam comes out of her ring and he feels it link to his heart. With that link, he becomes very much aware of his own heart beat. He should be nervous, but he isn't. The steady heart beat pulses inside of him drowning out the other.

And where Ashley sees a portal, Kris sees a bridge. He has figuratively and literally opened the door for Ashley to come right in. If anybody else had tried this, even Dr Arcane himself, Kris would have fought tooth and nail to stop them. Dropping all of his shields left him vulnerable. There were so many things he never wanted anyone to see. When he yelled at his Dad for refusing to move on. The time he fired his agent because a competitor offered 2% reduction in commission. The way he yelled at the man driving the truck after his accident. All the pathetic and lowest points in his life would be there for her to see.

He suspects the other was trying to say this very same thing, but Kris is totally focused on the heart beat. As he felt Ashley move down the bridge, he becomes aware of a second heart beat, Ashley's heart beat. At first the four thumps of their hearts are out of rhythm, but as she moves down the bridge, they become more and more in synch. Finally, the beats are in unison.

Kris takes another deep breath, as he prepares to offer Ashley whatever aid he can.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Green Lantern and Kris

As Ashley flies phsyically and spiritually and mentally into the heart of the gateway that the ring has opened Arcane is rapidly whispering words in a language that was ancient when Atlantis was still a barren island and the Titans still walked the earth as mere infants of concept.

The words take on a power of their own and mix with the emerald willpower of Ahsleys ring and aid the transition as Ashley Powers through the membrane between worlds and enters into the private hell that is Kris Majaxes very soul.

As she goes time seems to slow and nearly freeze and then slowly begins to speed back up again until as Ashley opens her eyes to find that the once homey if somewhat quirky house she was in now looks like something out of a nightmare mixed with an LSD acid trip, and dipped in a horror movie.

But still that dual heartbeat is there clear to her ears and more clear to her heart.

Before she can set off in search of it. Arcane appears before her looking somewhat harried and out of breath. He stills any questions she has before she can ask them with a raised hand and speaks quickly his voice as intense as hers was when she made her earlier declaration.

"Ashley listen to me carefully. I cant stay long, this is Krises hell and thanks to his tenent I'm not invited. I needed to warn you before I go though."

"Be Incredibly careful in here. Things are not always what they seem, the demon will try and fool you and he will use your own heart and soul against you. Look beneath the obvious for what isnt."

Remember the Ring, it works by your will, and remember this Hell has rules, twisted, and dark and cruel, but Rules none the less. That means your will can make those rules work for you."

He starts to fade away looking pained as he does

"Good luck." he touches her ring and smiles before he fades away entirely leaving The Green Lantern alone in the darkness.

For Kris the time as the Gateways is opened slows to a crawl as it did the first time ever that Doctor Arcane took him to hell as a lesson in eternity. Then Ashleys lips touch his and a fire that isnt hells is ignited in him, and it seems to last for an eternity before nearly being snuiffed out as a black hand grabs it and pulls Kris away into an abyss.

"You are mine partner, and now shes here too. She will beg an eternity for release, because this is my soul too, my hell and here I make the rules." And it laughs as Kris is shackled and crushed by forces beyond his comprehension into a mass of pain and grief until he cant scream anymore.

"Wait here partner. I'm gonna go play with our girl a while." he finishes with a bone chilling laugh as it fades away leaving Kris all alone in the darkness of a hell of his own making as every twisted and black day in his life, and all the failures of his world are laid bare before him.

And yet another epic post :mrgreen:
and a hero point for you as well.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Shock

While the META enhanced thug was distracted, Chris rushed in and threw an electrically enhanced punch at his back.

Melee attack (1d20 + 12=20) If that hits its DC18 or 21 with the electrical aura.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Kris Majax

Through the pain and torment, Kris smiles as the other departs. "That's right, pal. keep underestimating her. She is going to kick your a$$!"
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

Shock and Dragon Fyre

The eye beams that the hopped up thug fired veer around behind Tony who sees them coming and takes off onyl for the beams to give chase unerringly homing on their intended target.

Just as it looks like the beams will conenct they fizzle out as Tony sees the Thug go down to a Brutal haymaker thrown by Shock. The clubbing blow lands right at the base of the ear and the Thug just drops like a sack of potatoes.

As he lays there the glow around him seems to intensify and he starts shaking then suddenly howls in pain. The screamign gets louder before being overwhelmed by an ominous humming and whining as enegry builds up in side the thug who is growning brighter and brighter and brighter, ans the META in his system feedsback and the thug looks to deliver an explosive burnout.

6 big fail hes out like a light and about to go boom.

Reflex saves for both please to avoid the blast DC 20, if they fail damage is DC 25 as the thug goes BOOM!!

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Shock

"Look out!" Chris called out to his ally and dove for cover behind the nearest car.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Kris Majax

As the demon leaves Kris under painful torment, surrounded by his life's failures; Kris closes his eyes and focuses. He realizes that the weakness he is feeling isn't an actual weakness, but normalcy. In the outside world, Kris and the demon were one; Kris could draw on the other's strengths. Inside here, they were two seperate individuals. Kris had only his own self to draw on.

Kris could easily fall into the trap of hoplessness here. Immobilized and tormented by the pain of all his failings, he could easily just wallow in self pity until Ashley or Dr Arcane saved him. Most men would take that route because to fight against this would only cause more pain, more torment. Much easier to accept your fate, believe you are the failure that your own memories are describing, and wait for rescue.

But Kris sees things a different way.

He has been here before, in his dreams and nightmares. The other had started working on him here long before he ever heard him in the waking world. So he knows he is not weak, he is simply not drawing on the demon's powers. But those powers had a price, and its a price he is no longer willing to pay.

So while most people would be traumatized by their failures, Kris is emboldened. Not that they would be easily conquered, but Kris simply does not want to add to them. Lying here in self pity getting beat down by his past and the demon's will would be another failure - and that is UNACCEPTABLE!

Kris is not weak, he is strong. His Will is strong and this realm is as much his as the demon's. The demon doesn't stand a chance against the combined Will of Ashley and Kris. He focuses on the quiet spot deep inside himself. The spot where there is no pain, no failure, only truth. And love.

He opens his eyes and the crushing force has manifested as a dark shadowy figure. Not the demon's doing at all, but Kris' own super-ego manipulated to do the demon's bidding. Kris looks deep into the darkness, staring at its very center. In the center, there is nothing. All of it's power is build without foundation, and as such, one sharp strike will cause it to crumble.

*CRACK*

Will save: 1d20+10=29
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:3

Tony saw the glow grow brighter and suddenly knew that the punk was gonna suffer the META's downside...self explosion style. Know that, Tony's dragon fury abated somewhat and his natural need to protect flows forward. Dropping his wings back again into the falcon stoop, the daring Dragonfyre dives straight for the detonating punk...Dragon's are beings of fire and rage...fire is energy...the thoughts are fast and fluid as he tries to reach the helpless idiot before time runs out.

Reflex DC20 (1d20+6=23)...OK, kind of a useless roll for what I am about to try to do. DIVE in and try to ABSORB all of the energy the punk has coursing through his system. One: Powerstunt Transfer:Drain Energy Powers 10 and then Boost Energy Immunity10 for Dragonfyre...this Off of Dragonfire. SO...attack roll to touch him: Touch attack Power Stunt: Dragon's Hunger (1d20+8=13) DC20 if it hits.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room