Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Kris and Green Lantern

He sighs at Krises response almost disappointedly. "Christain do you understand what that entails?" he asks.

"I mean really understand it?" his eyes drill into you with an intensity that makes you wince "This isnt just giving up your arm and career, and your soul."

"This is everything that, that..." He points at the arm " brought about or helped you to accomplish. Every good deed, every life saved, every thing you had, and everything you love Gone!" Once again he barely raises his voice but the tone possess an intensity that cannot be ignored.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 am

Kris Majax

Damn you, he curses internally.

Kris strumbles back and finally falls back down to his seat. He didn't want to believe. He wanted to protect her, to make the cost only his.

But we were past that, weren't we. This wasn't just about him anymore. He slumps his head.

"Ashley, I... I can't. So many... Alicia. Please?" He still couldn't make the decision for her.

He finally looks her back in the eyes. "Please!" he pleads.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:58 am

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

catsi563 wrote:Karen takes a seat and codes into the Oracle INC work database that employees use when working from home. After a few moments she brings up a file and then lets you take a look at it as she explains briskly.

"its a design for a new generation of MIS surgical robot." she explains "It uses a cycling laser system and an updated medical baseline algorythm to focus the lasers with pin point accuracy. I have strong reason to believe that it can actively elliminate cancerous cells with near 100% accuracy and insure no chance of relapse."

A few moments of looking over the specs and the diagrams shows a darned thorough understanding of microtech, and some pretty envelope pushing ideas on electron phsyics for the pin point laser system. You do catch a spot where she could up her cycles without losing accuracy or focus, but for the most part shes spot on with the tech and theory.

Off hand you gestimate she could have a working protoype within a month and be on the way to live surgical testing within 6 months, FDA approval wiuld be almost a guarantee within the year given Oracles strict testing standards and thats trully saying something.

All told its some impressive work, there is however something that itches at the back of your mind about it like something youve seen before but you cant quite place it.

Looking over Karen’s the computer files on the surgical robot Hornet sees a few minor things that could be altered in the way the system cycled energy to improve output while maintaining the robot’s accuracy.

Beyond that though he didn’t have much else as his line of thought was being interrupted by Karen’s smile, even though it was a nervous one. She was really an attractive woman, with enough smarts to give Hornet a challenge in tech design.

That was a rare combination.

Plus the way she was waiting for his critique of her work was striking; her eyes locked on him with a questioning look held within them and for once Hornet found it difficult to run the two different lines of thought at the same time.

“You‘ve got a pretty fac..fascinating design.”

Hornet mentally facepalmed himself as he verbally slipped and hoped his checks didn’t show enough through the helmet of his armor to allow much of the embarrassing glow of red they were starting to develop to be seen. And in hoping to draw Karen’s attention away from his slip of tongue he pointed out the part of the cycling system where the change could be made, briefly explaining it’s effects to the rest of the system.

“Other than that I say you‘re ready to start putting it together, I‘d be willing to lend you a hand. A small one that is, I think being able to shrink down to a similar size should make constructing the robot a lot easier.”

“If you‘d be interested in having me help that is.”
He looked back over at Karen with this last sentence, chancing another look into her enchanting eyes.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

Shock
Condition: Fatigued

Chris' pursuit of the car screeched to a halt as it was destroyed by, well, something. Unsure whether this was another hero or a member of a rival gang, he took a defensive stance. "Well, that stopped 'em, but I think it was a bit of overkill. Who are you?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Kris and Green Lantern

"Hehehehheh..." comes the malevolent chuckle inside of you."thats right, you cant get rid of me, never Partner."

"And even if you do, I will still exist because we were bonded by blood. Tear me out of you and Ill be back here within a day."

"And once there, I get free reign to rip apart everything you ever loved or cared for, every thing I helped you make possible."
It sneers viciously as images flash across krises mind, terrible, guesome images ending with Ashley.

"And the best part? You wont even remember a thing, you'll live on in blissful ignorance as long as I allow it, maybe Ill remind you and make you watch the horrors, of course you wont know why, you wont remember me or understand why im doing it/ And it will continue until the day you wind up in hell where Ill be waiting for you to show you the glorious technicolor movies of the carnage, and well watch them together, on and on, and on...HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH!" It roars merrily in krises soul relishing in the pain and torment promised, and the anguish its caused him..

"Just accept it partner, the mage is bluffing he'd never let me out in the world, he'd rather destroy us on the spot then let that happen."

"Dont look to her she cant help, nothing can destroy me." there a tone of bragadacio in its voice as it indicates Ashley standing nearby "this is our deal and no one can help you." it chuckle malevolently.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Hornet

Plus the way she was waiting for his critique of her work was striking; her eyes locked on him with a questioning look held within them and for once Hornet found it difficult to run the two different lines of thought at the same time.

“You‘ve got a pretty fac..fascinating design.”

"huh?" she asks quesitoningly "Could you repeat that..Oh I see thanks!' she smiels that brilliant smile again.

Hornet mentally facepalmed himself as he verbally slipped and hoped his checks didn’t show enough through the helmet of his armor to allow much of the embarrassing glow of red they were starting to develop to be seen. And in hoping to draw Karen’s attention away from his slip of tongue he pointed out the part of the cycling system where the change could be made, briefly explaining it’s effects to the rest of the system.

"Really?" she chrips before pulling her own glasses back on and looking at the desgins "Darnit! I thought Id covered that with the bypass circuitry sheeeeooot!" she grumbles about drawing desgins on 5 hours sleep and with no waffles for breakfast.

“Other than that I say you‘re ready to start putting it together, I‘d be willing to lend you a hand. A small one that is, I think being able to shrink down to a similar size should make constructing the robot a lot easier.”

“If you‘d be interested in having me help that is.” He looked back over at Karen with this last sentence, chancing another look into her enchanting eyes

When you offer to put it together for her her face brightens up and she nearly flys out of her seat and glomps you only to pull back a second later chuckling nervously while shaking your hand its clear shes trying to regain her composure while attempting --badly-- to hide the bright red blush on her cheeks.

"If love to collaborate with you,a nd I think well make a great pair...'TEAM!! II-uh team yeah." she fans herself "Woo is it hot in here, we should adjust the ac or check the environmental controls or something." she says while she turns away mumbling something about omgwhatamidoinggetaholdofyourself

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Kris Majax

For moments, Kris' spirit collapses from the demon's words.

Then suddenly, his spirit practically sings.

<YOU... just overplayed your hand.>

A half smile forms on his lips. <This is the second major mistake you made. First, you underestimated me. Offering me the deal, thinking I would tow the party line, didn't work out that way. No matter what happens now, those people ready to sell their souls, you will never have them now. And I have you to thank for that. If I hadn't sensed that mark on the little girl... because of YOU... I never would have been there to save her. I never would have met Dr Arcane, who has helped me fight your kind again and again. I never would have had the power to help those out of their problems, denying you their souls.>

Kris chuckles internally, <And now, you make the same mistake by underestimating Ashley. It's not just me she is helping. All of her kids where there in the mall. Everyone of them saved, either a little or a lot by my actions. She would never risk any harm coming to them.>

<No, you are finished here today. Not only will you fail to accomplish anything you have been sent here to do, you will have aided me in doing tremendous amounts of good, AND made a lasting enemy in her. Congratulations, I'm sure your superiors will have some words of praise over this one.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Nineofspades » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Green Lantern
HP 2
Libra Me From Hell

Though she'd been silent up till now, caught under the weight of the decision she'd found herself now being asked to make, Ashley at last spoke. Her words were quiet, but not soft. They held a deep resolve to them, as befitting the finality of what she spoke. "No." It was a simple deceleration "I don't accept this. Any of it. I refuse to stand by and be forced to pick between two awful choices. I'm no mage. I don't understand how magic works, or souls, or demons. I tried to start studying, but its just not something I can handle yet. But While I'm no wizard, I Am A Green Lantern!" Upon her finger, the ring roared to life, its emerald light flooding the chamber. "A Lantern Is Chosen for Willpower. Willpower is the ability to reach out and grab the tomorrow that you want to see dawn. And my Tomorrow is going to have the both of us just together, and whatever demon who thought he could try and take that away from us regretting the day he dared cross me." Ashley turned and Looked at Kris. Or perhaps it would be better to say she looked through him "So listen up you. Whatever you are, inside of Kris. I'm going over your head, and I'll go down into the 9th circle if thats what it takes to cut you off at the source." Turning next to the wizened sage Ashley only had one question "Whats the fastest way to get to Hell?"
Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Postby catsi563 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Kris and Green Lantern

The voice snarls but this time instead of that vicious fury or mocking snarl its one tinged with uncertianty and fear almost as if it suddenly realizes it might very well have done just that.

"You woulodnt dare." it says quietly but to whom it addresses that thought isnt known as Dr. Arcane speaks clearly, and with a warm smile on his face.

"Oooh but I would, even though thanks to her I dont have to."

He looks up as Ashley finally lets go with all that shes been feeling up to now and then stands like all LAnterns do in Defiance of darkness and evil, and selfishness. Speaks up and draws a bright emerald green line in the sand and dares the powers of hell to cross it.

Arcane smiles proudly at her

"Whats the fastest way to get to Hell?"

Arcane smiles a postively wicked smile "Ever hear what has no fury like a woman scorned?"

At those words the demon howls inside Kris as it thrashes against its bonds for the first time actively trying to release itself causing Krises body to engulf in blue flames that try to sear and freeze his flesh at the same time as they try and burn and ice his soul. "You cant!! I'll destroy him!!" a harsh voice roars from Krises mouth that is and isnt his.

"Oh no you dont, Dont even think about it!" Arcane snaps as he steps up and slams a hand against Krises chest just left of his heart his hand glowing with arcane runes "Now I know why Anastasia put that there, beautiful, sneaky, clever woman." he says with a chuckle as the flames subside and black veins spread over Krises and Arcanes bodies.

He reaches over to Ashley and takes her hand now glowing bright emerald green as the ring pings warnings of an unknown nature.

"Listen to me carefully, you have one chance, just one." he explains as he looks her right in the eye "The "arcane lock" on the contract the one that binds the two together; its desgined to allow the beast to grow at its own pace, but that lock has a loophole in it, if its unlocked by someone in hell who has the key, or in this case a really good lockpick..." he indicates the ring on her finger a ring which responds to its users will a ring which can literally do ANYTHING its wielder wants as long as she has the will.

"That is your key, find the lock and use it, open it, and when you do replace it with something precious, when you do you'll return here, and bring the demon with you, then I'll take care of the rest."

Hero points for you both for awesome roleplay and another brilliant rant from our Lantern. :mrgreen:

Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Dragonfyre

As the car flipped over him, Tony actually snorted fire. That was when he noticed the ligtning guy...

"Well, that stopped 'em, but I think it was a bit of overkill. Who are you?"

The question was accompanied by the man taking an agressive stance. An ancient part of Tony thrilled at such a display...a challenge like this had not happened in a long, long time. The grin that played across his face displayed way more sharp teeth than there should have been in his mouth. It was at this point Tony caught a whiff of something familiar...from behind. The thought of challenge disappeared behind the need for retribution. The thieves were behind him...in the building. Sparky here wasn't from them...didn't smell like them.

"To'...I mean Dragonfyre." Turning his head behind him, "They hurt something of Mi'...I mean, someone I cared for. I plan on making them pay." Stretching to his full height, Tony growls a little, "Care to help? If not...don't get in my way."
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Shock

Chris didn't like what he saw from the newcomer. His manner didn't exactly suggest a friend. But he definitely didn't want to fight him (it?) either. "Well that depends on what you mean by making them pay. Rough em up a little and turn em over to the cops? That's OK." He glanced at the wreckage of the car. "But doing something like you did to that car? Not so much."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Kris Majax

Kris smiles inwardly again as the other confirms Kris' statement. When it speaks with his voice, he is surprised but not much.

Then the fire shows just how desperate it is. Kris is able to focus through the pain because he has total faith in Dr Arcane and Ashley.

As Dr Arcane tells Ashley what to do, Kris waits for his moment, trusting his fate to Ashley without reservation.

<Been nice knowing you.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 am

Dragonfyre

Brushing itself off, the quasi reptilian figure stretches for a moment and cocks it's head left and right until you hear an audible pop, "I was just planning on chewing on a few limbs and maybe only bite a head or two off..." The eyes look at you with a coldness that seemed truly coldblooded. Then the eyes crinkle and the mouth grins, "Meh....just kidding. They need stopped. That's all....besides, I already ate today. Cops'll have to figure out what to do with them once I knock their heads together and remind them to leave my turf alone." With that Dragonfyre turns and launches back skyward with a snap of wings.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Shock

"Your turf huh? Allll righty then." Chris mumbled after the sky-bound uhhh.... dragon? Less urgently, he turned back toward the smashed car. He wanted to get a look at what was in the package they had taken from the warehouse and he didn't want it disappearing while he was inside. Once again, he called 911 and let them know there was a vehicular "accident" involving suspected criminals. As soon as he heard sirens, he turned back to the warehouse hoping that whoever was inside wasn't spooked by the commotion in the lot.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Shock and Dragonfyre

Just as the young man spreads his wings and lifts off, and shock gets off the phone with 911 but before he can inspect the cars occupants.

Hes forces to tumble acrobatically to the side as the door of the car explodes off and goes flying. Tony reacts fast and swats the door away like a fly but both men are caught off guard as the little guy with the bad mohawk who wa sin the passenger seat crawls out fo the car glowing and crackling with a bizzarre yellow energy.

"Freaking capes!!, Ill show you, Ill blast ya both to hell!!" he roars his voice distorted and warbling as a vial of META clangs to the ground from his hand.

"DIE!!!" He roars as his eyes glow and a wave of bright golden energy sweeps out over you both.

Ok Thug 3 uses a dose of Meta to gain the following powers

Golden Eye beams
Energy blast 8 homing 2
Energy blast 8 Cone
Energy blast 8 line

hes also gotten strength 26 and 2 ranks of super strength

His initiative drops to the bottom of the two of you however he gets a shot from suprise so hero point to you both for the complication.

He fires his cone blast which will be a reflex save DC 18 for a dc of 23 if it hits or half effect a dc of 19

then Shocks turn again.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room