Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am

Kris Majax

Kris smiles at Ashley. "The same reason me and every other straight man loses blood flow to the brain when you enter a room in costume." He kisses her gently on the cheek.

She takes a second and then looks down at her costume. She then looks up and gives him that "you're in for it now" look. Ashley pushes forward and wrestles him to the ground. He fights back a little, but not to hard - an defintiely not with any of his abilities. Ashley ends up on top of him with his hands pinned to the ground.

"Uncle," he says as he faux-struggles against her. She glares at him.

"Fine. Two dozen long stem red roses it is." Satisfied, she lets him up and sits back down next to him.

"I don't know what your blaming me for, you're the one in the catsuit," Kris says, barely loud enough to be heard.

She smacks him playful on the shoulder.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Shock
HP: 2

Chris got his hands up in time to block the bright flash of light so it was no trouble to see what Kaatz did next. "Oh come on! Running already?" He hated it when they ran. Energy surged around him and he took off in pursuit. Easily catching up, he threw himself at the fleeing crook with a diving tackle.

Reflex save (1d20 + 11=25)
Not sure what kind of roll I need here. Shock has Speed 1 so he should easily catch up unless the bad guy's got something too.
Grapple attempt (1d20 + 13=28)
Grapple check (1d20 + 20=21) Gonna reroll that just to be sure.
Grapple check (1d20 + 20=32) Going for a Pin. Will apply handcuffs if I can do that this turn.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Shock

Your body impacts against his with an thud and and oof as the wind gets knocked out of him. As you slam into him the two of you begin to roll around as you finally manage to leverage your way into a solid armbar which has him on the ground for the moment.

First roll is the roll needed to hit which does.

Electrocutioner grapple check 25 fails hes grappled.

your choice to Pin him is enacted youll have to make a succesful grapple check next round to apply the hand cuffs.

or you can surge and make another grapple check now to try and apply the handcuffs.

Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:04 am

Kris and Green Lantern

"Excuse me, not interrupting anything am I?" a pleasant voice with a touch of highland scotish and a tinge of good humor to it chimes in as your lay on the ground.

Ashley jumps up and practically hoists Kris up by the hand as you both get a look at a mischievous ""I know a secret"" smile that is a common one on the man who practically has the entire universe at his fingertips.

Namely the Master Magus, Dr. James David Arcane.

"I can go away if you need a few moments more." Hes clearly doing his best to hide the mirth hes feeling as his the corners of his lips keep quirking up.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 am

Shock

"Get off me!!" Kaatz roars as he struggles for a moment to no avail as your pumping electricity into your muscles to power them up. "All right Ill play it your way then!" he snaps at you.

Almost immediately you feel the surge of electricity as his own muscles surge with power and his restance to you suddenly becomes more pronouced as he pushes shoves and tries to heave you off him as hard as possible.

Electrocutioner will fiat a stunt thats a hero point for you.

Electric strength (enhanced strength 12 and super strength 3 along with speed 2 and leaping 2)

that pumps him up to a grapple check of 20 matching yours.

Hell try and demoralize you as a move action -5 intimidate for him is a 25 OOooo boy resist with the best of intimidate, sense motive or will please or be shaken and -2.

Electrocutiners grapple check to escape. 39 sheesh IC likes this yutz.

youll need a matching one to maintain the hold or he tosses you off.

if he escapes hell surge and fatigue himself to move action and attempt to escape you.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 am

Kris Majax

Kris fumbles over his words as he bows to his mentor. "Dr. Arcane... it is a... pleasure to see you again." Sigh. Great start.

He turns and moves his hand in Ashley's direction. "This is..." he pauses. Ashley still wants to protect her identity, but on the other hand, Dr Arcane probably knows who she is already. Or could. Also, was it rude not to introduce her properly, especially in HIS house, when he had come here for HIS help.

Realizing his pause was taking far to long than anything resembling normal, he settles on, "... Green Lantern and a very special friend." Even though the introduction isn't very personal, there is no missing how strong he feels for Ashley in the tone of his voice.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Shock

Chris was surprised by the crook's sudden strength. He shook his head as Kaatz started running again. He had to think of a better way to stop him. He charged ahead in pursuit and reached out, trying to drain the electrical power from the fleeing foe.

Will vs Intimidate (1d20 + 8=18) Failed.
Grapple check (1d20 + 20=27) No sense rerolling for a poor chance of winning.
OK next stunt: Nullify 11 (All electrical powers, Touch range, Secondary effect) for 22 points.
Nullify Attack check (1d20 + 9=26)
Nullify power check (1d20 + 11=26)
I'll want to surge if that seems to be successful.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CelticREI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 pm

"You've done well, Im proud of how far you've come." and theres no mistaking the subtle hint of pride in her voice.

"For now stay to the shadows and watch as you have been." She instructs cooly "The Sisters are allready at his side and can protect him from more mundane threats."

"Also I need you to take care of those cultists in the Los Gatos area, that b@stard Vadimar thinks he is going to flaunt the compact by hunting unicorns and using their horns and blood as a sacrafice for his bargain with Orkus."

"I want you to shut him down and remind him why crossing over into Avalon without permission from the gatekeepers was forbiddin by the Grey Square in the first place."

A smile played on the cowled woman's lips "Cultists, fun." she nodded "Consider it done." she steps back into the shadows and is gone. In the distance the cloaked figure hears an Owl 'hoot' as it retreats...
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
Luck Points: 2

Seeing how Karen's suggestions could work Hornet is once again is impressed with her scientific knowledge. "Ok, you've got some good points. Now for round two: I've shown you mine, now you show me yours."

"Let me see a project you've been working on by yourself. Explain it from concept to build and it's applications in the world. That'll give me a good understanding of how your thought process works in solo projects and maybe I might see something you've been missing."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Shock

Kaatz's burst of strength is enough to hurl you off him and nearly puts you through another car. Fortunately your agility is enough to quickly regain your feet.

His speed as he runs to the top of the structure is impressive also, but you're able to quickly catch him by taking a short cut over a car or 2 and bouncing up 3 levels where with a wicked hip check that would make the Bay City Sharks hockey team proud you make him taste car paint.

As he shakes his head you reach out and feel for the wavelength of energy hes on and once you find it your body enacts the polarity needed to start draining the electicity from him.

Ok normaly he actualy should have been able to outrun you with a speed of 3 vrs a speed of 1 but I goofed he also should have needed an acrobatics check to stand so quickly so it evens out.

So you catch him and swat him one and the stunt works as well because its a cool idea.

now the tricky part, theoretically it shouldnt work because hes got immunity 10 electrical effects. However a nullify even though its based on an electrical effect isnt nessecarily covered. Technically it wouldnt work on you either if your posiitons were reversed.

So im going to give him a +4 bonus to the save same as I would give you if your aura was up. will save vrs his main power which is his Electrcial control 11

22 +4 = a 26 which means he resists it.

Secondary effect will kick in on your next turn automatically.

if you want to you can surge let me know and give me a second attack roll and power check please.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Hornet

Karen takes a seat and codes into the Oracle INC work database that employees use when working from home. After a few moments she brings up a file and then lets you take a look at it as she explains briskly.

"its a design for a new generation of MIS surgical robot." she explains "It uses a cycling laser system and an updated medical baseline algorythm to focus the lasers with pin point accuracy. I have strong reason to believe that it can actively elliminate cancerous cells with near 100% accuracy and insure no chance of relapse."

A few moments of looking over the specs and the diagrams shows a darned thorough understanding of microtech, and some pretty envelope pushing ideas on electron phsyics for the pin point laser system. You do catch a spot where she could up her cycles without losing accuracy or focus, but for the most part shes spot on with the tech and theory.

Off hand you gestimate she could have a working protoype within a month and be on the way to live surgical testing within 6 months, FDA approval wiuld be almost a guarantee within the year given Oracles strict testing standards and thats trully saying something.

All told its some impressive work, there is however something that itches at the back of your mind about it like something youve seen before but you cant quite place it.

Your basic tech skill is more then enough to see where shes going and that her design is sound.

gonna need to do some research later to uncover the the big clue.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am

Shock

Kaatz decides hes had enough of you but hes not quite willing to continue a fight hes not certian he can win --read hes chicken-- So he goes for the time honored art of superhero distraction with the innocent bystander.

Leaping over your head he lands near where a young woman has just finished loading her 2 kids into a mini van and is leaving to return home. She shreaks in terror a cry which is joined by the children as Kaatz grabs the van and hefts it over his head before hurling it at you or more specifically at the rail near you.

It doesn travel far but its far enough that the van slams into the railing where it teeters precariously on he edge with the stunned mother and 2 screaming kids inside it.

"Hero time sucker!! Save the kiddies or catch the badguy either way I win! HAHAHHAH!!" he roars as he leaps over the side of the parking structure to the ground below.

Ok now for the dramatic climax He'll use his enhanced strength to lift a minivan and throw it with innocent people in it.

then he will surge and fatigue himself to gain an extra move action which he will use to run.

save the people or pursue him?

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:32 am

Kris

"Always so formal Christian, makes me feel all stuffy and important." he smirks playfully as he grabs you up in an affectionate hug.

"And this, this is the young lady I've heard so much about!" he roars happily as he bearhugs Ashley off the ground. "Guardians still in need of a rectal exam and a bran cleanse?" he asks while shaking her hand vigorously.

"I..uh..may.." Ashleys trying to get her engine in gear but Doctor Arcanes gregariousness has clearly thrown her for a loop just as it did you at times. Heck just as it does most people who expect the Sorcerer Supreme to be some stuffy Gandalf type cloistered in a library surrounded by dusty tomes--gives me the allergy fits something fierce he once said--instead of this person before you who some people would think insane.

Of course You've also seen the other side of him, the side that once sent a demon prince packing before he called it back, and caused it to pee its pants by scolding it.

This is the man whose looked archangels in the eye and told them where they could stick their piety and been rewarded for it.

This is the Master Mage.

"Oi are those cookies? Im starved! whose up for a bite to eat?" he asks with a big smile. "and then you can tell me what took you so long to call me about this."

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:53 am

Kris Majax

"Yes, Kung Lao brought them for us; but you are more than welcome. He probably already has a meal waiting." Kris always said you didn't need a crystal ball or tarot deck if Kung Lao was around.

"As for my slowness in coming, I am afraid it is a simple case of Disengaged Brain Syndrome with a hint of Foolish Male Bravado thrown in."

Doctor Arcane was the kind of man, that even at his "zaniest," you just knew everything would work out. Lying here on the floor that night, as close to death as he was, Kris never once thought he was going to die because Dr Arcane said he wouldn't. "You're not going to die," he had said. "You hear me? You're not allowed to." Through all the venom-driven hallucinations, those words sunk in deep.

So here, standing in his presence, Kris knew that no matter how bad it was, things would work out.

I know it's late, but "Now that's David Tennant."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Shock
Condition: Fatigued

Chris didn't bother to waste time replying. In a flash, he was at the back of the van pulling on the bumper. As he dragged it back into the garage, he thought he felt something pop in his back but he couldn't stop yet. Once it was secure, he tore the door open to make sure everyone inside was OK.

I'll use Extra Effort to bump lifting Strength to 28, which is enough to drag over 6000 pounds. By my math, that should be enough to get the minivan to safety.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room