Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Kris and Green Lantern

Ashley smiles this cheeky grin as memories of flying carpets and pirate ships come to your mind she turns and leads you by the hand out to the island where she points the ring and creates a stylized harley davidson which she ops on and waits for you to get on as well. Helmets appear on both your heads as she announces loudly to the world youre taking off by revving the hawgs emerald willpower fueled engine and then popping the clutch and roaring off the islands side with a "GERONIMOOOOO!!"

She rides the emerald construct like a pro as it howls across the sky. Below you the countryside shoots past you in a blur as you traverse the length and bredth of the nation in mere moments before landing in the quiet massachusets countryside where she takes the hawg down and following your directions parks it in front of a non descript but quaint little 2 story brownstone that looks rather cozy and unimpressive similar to the numerous others in the neighborhood.

-ooOoo-

Back in Bay City a feminine figure meditates quietly on a small circular mat that has anicent runes all around it in a language that was old when Babylon fell. Long platinum blond hair flows out from under the hood of a silk robe and is slightly damp indicating the young woman has just finished showering before she began her meditations.

meditations which are interrupted as a tall feminine figure stands near her with out any indication that she was ever not there. This figure is dressed in a dark cloak and hood which obscures her features though the young woman gives no sign of worry as if she were expecting this visit.

"You had to intervene?' the tone of the question is formal but rhetorical as if the black cloaked figure allready knows the answer but merely wants to hear it directly.
Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Hornet

You're not sure if it isnt a trick of the light in the lab as it happens so fast, but you'd swear she rolls her eyes at you when you mention that Firefly never hit you.

"Well for speed increase I'd reccomend taking a page out of the dragonflies book." she starts pointing to the wings and tracing a line along the tip with her finger. "Youll need to reinforce the edge of the wing from base to end maybe use a vibranium counter weight to keep the wing from going intoa feedback loop of oscilation caused by the increase in power you'll need."

"then you will need more heat insulation and a better shunt system for the heat because the wings will create more friction theres no way around it." She chews on the thought for a moment "Maybe a cryo-compensator like they use on Primus's Steel trooper armor." she points to a likely place for the device "only smaller and
with a more limited working cycle."

She shrugs as she chews on her lip for a sec before speaking and gifting you with that brilliant smile "Thats my best advice."

Karens bluff 17 close.

Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Kris Majax

Kris smiles as he gets on Ashley's green "Harley." He puts his arms around her waist and holds on as she takes off. Sometimes, he just wishes the two of them could fly off somewhere where there isn't any of this chaos, no villians or God wannabes, no cheering fans demanding another encore, and no Guardians calling with yet another mission.

As they travel, he tries to comes up with what he is going to say to Dr Arcane. He must have tried a hundred different things in his mind but none of them seemed right. What was easy to tell Ashley seemed insurmountable to tell anyone else, especially him.

As they land, he notes how oddly quite the "other" has been. Is her nervous or trying to trick him into not going through with it. Given his trepedation, it might have worked if not for Ashley. The red haired space cop would never let him chicken out... or maybe he just couldn't chicken out in front of her.

Whatever the reason, he approaches his Mentor's door still with no idea what to say and knocks. "Dr. Arcane? Are you in? It's Christian."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Kris and Green Lantern

The first sound of the ornate knocker has barely died away and the words left Krises mouth when the door swings open to reveal the tall lithe form of Kung Lao the servant and righthand man of the current Master Mage.

"Master Christian, welcome." he greets you with a bow and a gentle smile which belies his absurdly lethal fighting skills. "And the Green Lantern, welcome maam, please enter." he bows also in Ashelys direction before stepping to the side and allowing you in.

As Kris enters he feels something watching him from behind, the other suddenyl reveals why its been so quiet as an icey shudder runs down Krises spine and even through his soul as several gargoyles perched on various ledges in the area slowly turn their stone heads and watch Kris very closely. The stone guardians growl in low tones which causes the other to Hiss violently at them.

"Pay them no mind Master Christian, they merely observe your guest and will only attack if provoked." he reminds you of the nature of the gargoyles who the instant you look back at them have all resumed their resting positions, the same as if they had never moved.

Ashley looks curiously where you were looking but doesnt see anything save the statues sitting as still as the stone of their make.

At Kung Laos gentle urging you both are lead inside and for Ashley is revealed one of the first mysteries of the Sanctum Sanctorum of the Master Mage, namely that the inside of the small 2 story brownstone is impossibly larger then the outside would allow.

The entryway opens familiarly for Kris into a wide open sitting room with fireplace and a crackling fire in it that greets you warmly. Pictures decorate the wall with various scenes of tasteful art. which take it upon themselves to change from time to time when one isnt looking at them.

Statuary adorns the room as well of various and assorted forms and a wide bay window which looks out on the small front yard which seems to cover a wide field as if the rest of the negiborhood did not exist through the window.

Quickly Kung Lao sits you and mere moments later serves you a blend of tea that has relaxed and eased your muscles and even soothed Krises troubled mind somewhat.

"The Master is away for the moment master Christian but worry not he is aware of your...situation, and was awaiting your call."

funky mage homes FTWTF :shock:

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Kris Majax

Kris returns the bow to Kung Lao before entering. As he walks in, the stone guardians' reactions only reinforce just how bad things have gotten. They barely paid him a passing glance in the past.

As Kung Lao takes them to the room and brings them some tea, he can't help but remember the first time he ever enetered this place. Okay, maybe remembered isn't the right word.

"First time I ever came here," he tells Ashley, "I was dying." The venom driven hallucinations made the whole night seem like some Tim Burton nightmare on acid.

"It was about a month after my deal, and I just started doing shows again. It was a small venue maybe thirty or so in the audience. I spied this little girl in the crowd with her Mom and Dad. I always tried to do a family friendly show, so there was nothing out of the ordinary in that. But something about the kid made me keep looking at her. As the show let out, I noticed as she got up, she had this symbol on the back of her hand. I didn't know what it meant, but something inside me said it was important."

"So I found myself following the family home. it was an early show, so the parents dropped the little girl off with a sitter and went out for the evening. Something just felt off. I went around to the back of the house and found the sitter setting up for some sort of ritual with the little girl tied up at the center of a magic circle."

"Something deep inside me said not to interfere. No doubt it was my other half. There wasn't a voice, not like now, but I had the clear impression there would be horrible, horrible consequences if I didn't just walk away."

"Well I couldn't do that. I didn't really know about my powers yet, but I knew I had to stop this crazy demon worshipper from sacrficing the little girl. Well depsite my lack of training, crazy demon worshipper was no match for demon strength and toughness. I got the little girl out of the circle, but I made a mistake. When I punched the sitter, his blood landed in the circle and completed the spell. So the demon was summoned and pretty much kicked my a$$."

"Nasty thing with venomous claws left me near dead. It was about to finish me when Dr Arcane came along. He finished off the demon, and then asked me why i interfered. When I said to save the girl, he was surprised."

"So he brought me back here and gave me some anti-venom. It was a pretty rough night. Apparently I had enough venom in me to kill a football team. Afterwards, Dr Arcane asked me what I was going to do the next time this happened. I said 'The same thing, only I wouldn't get blood in the circle.' He laughed and offered to help me to help others."

Kris pauses. He hasn't told that story to anyone before. He looks at Ashley and smiles. "The funniest thing is, I almost skipped that show. There was some mix up with the contract and they were trying to get out of paying me."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

Condition: Sarcasm? That’s my bit lady!

Karen’s response seemed genuine but something was still scratching at the back of Hornet’s mind and he couldn’t help himself now that he’d started to wonder. But instead of saying anything about it Hornet instead focused on upgrade suggestions Karen was giving and running through the theories involved in his own head….they sounded workable at least.

OOC wrote:Taking 10 on a check here to see if she’s trying to sell me a bad design idea, Knowledge [Technology]: 27.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Hornet

You run the math quickly through your head and have to admit to being impressed. At even the most basic outline that shes laid out your guaranteed a signifigant boost in stability and speed which you were looking for. Her addition of the Cryo-Compensator might even have additional uses to the baseline use of the cooling of the engines.

More then sufficient Tech skill for that purpose, but in this case shes given you a solid design and a very good roadmap to complete the appropriate invention or alteration as desired.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:16 am

Shock
HP: 3

Chris gritted through the electrical attack but it only slowed him for a second. "That doesn't work on me either, dummy." Angry at himself for letting his guard down, he got his defenses back up and charged in taking a wild swing at the Electrocutioner's head.

Toughness save (1d20 + 7=27) Well IC gave me a break there.
Switching back to Immunity and then another punch.
Melee attack (1d20 + 13=19) Bad roll DC19 again if it hits.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am

Shock

He snarls at you as you attack once again he shows hes a skilled fighter except this time you show that your skills also are not to be underestimated as you throw a quick series of jabs which allows you to clock him with a wicked right cross that snaps his head back inspite of the field of electricity which protects him and bufets the blow a bit.

Kaatz reaches up and rubs his jaw for a second then smirks beneath his hood. "Nice shot too bad for you i heal fast."

He halls off and snaps a bright blast of electricity which washes over you but does little more then make you feel refreshed as if a cool shower of water had splashed down on you.

"Dammit!" Kaatz roars in frustration.

Electrocutioners toughness save 15 is a fail by 4 and thats a bruise.

which promtly heals on his turn

His own electricla aura doesnt harm you.

And Im not even gonna bother rolling as his own electrical blast rolls off you like water off a duck.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Shock
HP: 3

Chris took the blast full in the chest without reaction. "You know, the file on you really downplays your stupidity." He used the banter to cover his disappointment in Kaatz's healing powers. That wasn't something he expected. He guessed he'd just have to hit harder.

Going to Power stunt the following off the Electrical Aura and keeping the Immunity active.
Enhanced Strength 4 (bringing it to 22) and 6 ranks of Autofire on Strength damage.
Then more punching.
Melee attack (1d20 + 13=22) That's DC21 + any autofire bonus.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Shock

Kaatz nearly pees himself when you blur and launch a rapidfire series of punches, kicks, and strikes at him. He clearly wasnt expecting you to be "THAT" fast.

Fortuately for him the combination of the forcefield and his own skills saves him from worse injury.

Kaatz clearly doesnt like the way this is going as he rears back and then claps both hands together which unleahsed a burst of bright intense light and a crack of thunder, before tunring on his heels and running off in an attempt to get out of the parking garage.

that hits by 3 so a +1 bonus which yanks the DC to 22.

Electroctuoners toughness save 24 is a success and hes ok but that worked.

Hell attempt to dazzle you to affect an escape. Thats a burst aoe with a reflex save of 17 needed.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby CelticREI » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Mystery Lady wrote:"You had to intervene?"

The cloaked and cowled female silently nods. Getting the impression more was expected she spoke a word into her hands, now cupped near her mouth, and spread them wide. A small foot-by-foot sphere of energy appeared and began showing events, things pertaining to Kris.

"He has a heroic streak in him, and a kind soul" the images played Kris in a magic show with some children "But..." the image changes to that of Kris fireballing a martial artist with a feline theme, then him taking down another with a bovine one "The... 'other' is influencing him. It will, eventually, corrupt him." the images vanished as the woman in black closed her hands again "I'll keep an eye on him, see if I can help."

The woman sitting tilted her head slightly.

"Unless you want me to keep to the shadows and watching like I have been..."
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

The cloaked figure listes carefully before answering

"He always did." she speaks quietly with what almost sounds like a fond tone that is rarely heard from her save when she speaks about someone else.

"There was always the possibility that he would be able to control and eventualy co-opt the demon." she seems to shake her head though with the hood up its hard to tell. "James trully hoped it would work, thats why he saved him."

"It would seem we both underestimated the parasite and its influence on him." as she speaks the tone of her voice changes to one that is so ice cold that it would cause Norse Frost giants to shudder. "That will not happen again." she says with a finality that leaves no room for questioning.

"I'll keep an eye on him, see if I can help."

The woman sitting tilted her head slightly.

"Unless you want me to keep to the shadows and watching like I have been..."

"No he's in James's hands for now all we can do is watch for the moment." She seems to consider the young woman seated before her and a hint of a fond smile shows briefly from under the cloak.

"You've done well, Im proud of how far you've come." and theres no mistaking the subtle hint of pride in her voice.

"For now stay to the shadows and watch as you have been." She instructs cooly "The Sisters are allready at his side and can protect him from more mundane threats."

"Also I need you to take care of those cultists in the Los Gatos area, that b@stard Vadimar thinks he is going to flaunt the compact by hunting unicorns and using their horns and blood as a sacrafice for his bargain with Orkus."

"I want you to shut him down and remind him why crossing over into Avalon without permission from the gatekeepers was forbiddin by the Grey Square in the first place."

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 am

Kris Majax

Kris can't help but reflect on the events that led him here today.

While his father never approved of his career choice, Kris really enjoyed the entertainment business. Seeing the wonder in the audience's eyes as he performed illusion after illusion was all the pay he ever really needed.

At first.

As he became more successful, his focus became more about the money. In fact, his accident was caused because he tried to cram one extra show in for the week, forcing him to be on the road late at night instead of sleeping comfortably in a bed. He was even considering "expanding" his audience by offering a more "adult" show as well.

After the accident, his anger was motly about the money. Later on, he realized that the depression was deeper than that. Lawyers suggested he sue the shipping company - and he could have gotten a big settlement that would have set him up for life - but that idea left him hollow. It was the loss of the audience that truly drove his depression.

A month after he saved that first little girl, he was visited by a "representative" who explained that it didn't really matter how much good he did; no amount of good he could do would ever offset the eternity of torture he had waiting for him in the afterlife. Kris suspected he was trying to convince him to fall in line like 99.99% of all faustian bargainers; however, Kris took it as a throwing down of the gauntlet. That is a big part of the reason Kris has kept up the pace he has been at - he wanted to make the price for his soul as expensive as he could. In they time since that first little girl, Kris has saved so many people he stopped counting, but one number that burns in his mind if three. That is the number of faustian bargains he has stopped - the number of souls he has denied the other side by turning them back to the light since this started.

He couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the idea that had the accident not occurred, the demons he traded his soul to might have earned it free of charge given the path he was on.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 am

Kris

Ashley quirks an eyebrow as Kris chuckles. Shes spent most of the time trying to wrap her head around the house which inspite of the numerous amazing wonders she seen in her short time in the corps has to rank simultaneously among the wierdest and most wonderful of them all.

"Whats so funny you?" she pokes him on the shoulder as she sits down next to Kris.

"And why is that picture of Henry the 8th winking at me?"

moving on Nine can catch up as she can.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room