Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Hornet

Looking up from the notebook Hornet smiles at Karen. "Alright, you've definately got all the signatures from all the right people. So let's see what you can do in a lab, I've got a couple on-going projects that should be no sweat for you." He says as he hands back the notebook and rises from his seat. "Follow me and I'll give you the two-dollar tour on the way."

"Really?!" she practically jumps out of her seat in exitement before grabbing your hand and shaking it vigorously "Oh my gawd this is so exiting Im just blown away you wont regret it I promise!" she practicaly gushes before her face turns red and she recomposes herself "Uh yeah you probably want this back." She chuckles as she lets go of your hand.

"Alright Karen, look this over and tell me what you think."

There was nothing like jumping in feet first in the deep end, so Hornet wanted to see Karen's work process up close. The reworking of his flight system was a good starting point.

"This place is amazing, I cant believe you have a working Arc reactor like the Bay City malls, its amazing." She smiles brilliantly as you enter the lab where she dons a pair of glasses--near sighted she adds--before looking over what you put in front of her.

Looking over the blue prints you're slightly stunned at the change in demeanor. One minute Karen seems like one of the over eager Hornet fans that youve had to deal with over the last few months. The next moment now that she has actual work in front of her you see her eyes looking over the plans like a computer taking in data and putting for theories as supported by said data.

"Ok lets see here..." she begins "If i read this correctly the armor uses a series of 2 cycling engines which cause each of the 4 wings to oscilate at high speed more like a dragonflies wings instead of a hornets; though in this case your anterior wings are larger then the posterior wings." she explains pointing to the larger front wings and smaller rear wings.

"that biological basis enables the wings to support your weight when shrunk to smaller size and the oscilations are what gives the flight pack its distinctive buzzing sound." she continues while moving her hand like a mini hornet and making said buzzing sound almost like a kid, before she turns and smiles that brilliant smile at you again.

"So it looks like your trying to increase oscilation for improved speed while simultaneously reducing counter vibration which is costing you maneuverability, and your looking to add an improved heat shield to the suit itself..." she pauses looking thoughtful for a moment

"Does this have to do with that Firefly person Hornet?" she asks with a worried look "I -I ask because if so you'll need more thermal insulation around the flight packs seams to keep those thermal blasters from causing to much expansion of the armors plates which could lead to engine failure and ummm..." She makes the hornet gesture again this time adding in the imitation of a crashing airplane.

Karens KS Technology roll 30 yeah shes a smarty pants.

And because of that she will be able to use her skills and your own to give you one free invention in place of the hero point Id normaly award for this.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Shock

"He went out that door!" one of the calmer ones manages to get out while trying to comfort her friend. "it leads to the carport!"

Security arrives mere moments later but thankfuly the waitress and the cameras where are everywhere mean they dont hassle you especialy after you show them your Police consultants ID.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Shock
HP: 3

Chris barely slowed down when more security arrived. He flashed his ID and then was out the door. There was no way he was letting Kaatz get away. He started quickly moving down the rows of cars looking for a sign of where the perp had gone.

Notice check (1d20 + 11=22)
Switching on Electrical Immunity.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Kris

"Who's your mentor?" Ashley asks as she holds Krises hand gently but firmly the look in her eyes one of the boundless detemrination that helps to power her ring "After all if Mohammed wont come to the mountain..." she leaves the obvious unspoken.

Moving forward Nine when your ready catch up as you can.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Kris Majax

"My mentor is Dr Arcane. He tends to be a busy man."

"HAH! He isn't busy, he just doesn't want anything more to do with a loser like you!" The laughter once again fills his head.

Kris sighs. "He has a lot of responsibilities."
Last edited by kenseido on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Shock

As you round the corner and enter the parking garage you hear the sound of rapidly retreating footsteps. quickly giving chase you manage to speed up ans catch up to the shady figure in the hoody who turns on his heels and Snaps out a wicked punch that catches you right in the jaw and sends you flying backwards and into a car windshield which spiderwebs from the impact.

The impact of the punch is solid but there is a massive thundercrack and discharge of lightning which sets off car alarms throughout the garage.

As you lay there with thunder ringing through your ears your glad that you put up your electric field because your pretty sure the amount of electricty in that punch would have stopped your heart if you hadnt.

As he stands there the shady guy feels the effects of your own aura though too. He looks suprised as the electirc discharge of your field snaps around him and lights his clothes on fire, he yowls in suprise before ripping and tearing at the hoody and pants which he quickly gets rid of revealing a black costume and a skull with a pair of lightning bolts crisscrossed like crossed bones.

The costume of the Electrocutioner.

dustinng off the last of the burning and smoldring fabrics he looks at you suprised to see you still alive and moving.

"I see your that Shock guy from the news arent you?" he sneers "Figures the cops would send you after me."

As he stands there he pulls a black hood over his head before cracking his knuckles which causes a massive discharge of elelctricty which causes the lights to flicker and car lights to flash on and off as well as blowing the hoods off of several of them.

"Allright pig lets see whose got the most juice!" he roars as he readies for battle.

No damage just a little dramatic flare.

Electrocutioners initative 16

that puts you up first and on deck. So action when your ready please.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Kris

Ashleys eyes widen briefly at the name "Wait Dr. arcane? Not the Master Mage Dr. Arcane?" she asks.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Kris Majax

"One and the same. I'm fortunate he gave me a chance when he first found me. A lot of people would have killed me on site."

That's what he'll do. He's finally given up on you and when you go look him up, he's going to kill you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Shock

Chris rubbed his jaw. He should have been more careful but he thought the guy would be running.

"All right. I'll go first." He loosed a blast of lightning, mostly to see if it was going to have any effect at all.

Lightning blast (1d20 + 9=23) DC26 if hurts him at all.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Kris

Ashley nods then the determiend look in her eyes strong enough to give even the other pause.

"Allright then." she says "A friend suggested I speak to the Master Mage in order to learn more about all this, so thats what we'll do."

This time she looks you dead in the eyes as if she were looking inside you as her voice grows quiet but firm her will like iron, and as she speaks the other shudders with each word "And if anyone has any objections, they can take them up with me." she finishes and her eyes glow bright green in emphasis.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Shock

The snap and crackle of lightning is dead on accurate it cracks like a whip as it strikes the Electroctutioner squarely. Unfortunately it has no discernable effect except to cause him to cock his head to one side as if to say "Really?"

"Ok my turn!" he snaps before letting fly with a lightning bolt of his own fortunately you expected as much and coutnered with another arc of your own which canceled his out.

Hits no problem unfortunately hes immune to electrical effects

His counter attack 10 is a miss

back to you

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Shock

Chris shrugged. No surprise but it was worth a shot. No use wasting time with powers then. He charged in and aimed for a body blow.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Kris Majax

Kris smiles as Ashley speaks directly to the voice. "I guess we could try going directly to his Sanctum. Would you mind handling the travel arrangements? I don't trust myself right now."

The part came out with a lot of reluctance. He hated admitting his weakness, but somehow, Ashley made it okay.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 am

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
Luck Points: 2

catsi563 wrote:Looking over the blue prints you're slightly stunned at the change in demeanor. One minute Karen seems like one of the over eager Hornet fans that youve had to deal with over the last few months. The next moment now that she has actual work in front of her you see her eyes looking over the plans like a computer taking in data and putting for theories as supported by said data.

"Ok lets see here..." she begins "If i read this correctly the armor uses a series of 2 cycling engines which cause each of the 4 wings to oscilate at high speed more like a dragonflies wings instead of a hornets; though in this case your anterior wings are larger then the posterior wings." she explains pointing to the larger front wings and smaller rear wings.

"that biological basis enables the wings to support your weight when shrunk to smaller size and the oscilations are what gives the flight pack its distinctive buzzing sound." she continues while moving her hand like a mini hornet and making said buzzing sound almost like a kid, before she turns and smiles that brilliant smile at you again.

"So it looks like your trying to increase oscilation for improved speed while simultaneously reducing counter vibration which is costing you maneuverability, and your looking to add an improved heat shield to the suit itself..." she pauses looking thoughtful for a moment

"Does this have to do with that Firefly person Hornet?" she asks with a worried look "I -I ask because if so you'll need more thermal insulation around the flight packs seams to keep those thermal blasters from causing to much expansion of the armors plates which could lead to engine failure and ummm..." She makes the hornet gesture again this time adding in the imitation of a crashing airplane.

Ok. It's offical. This gal is good. Hornet thought as he watched Karen go over the schematics like she was the one who'd made them without batting an eyelash.

But her comments about Firefly caught his interest. As far as he'd known not too much was shared with the news crews about her M.O., like the kind of weapons her armor used. He covered up this new line of thought by answering her more technical questions.

"Honestly I was looking to improve flight speed while maintaining stability, just your standard upgrades more or less. I know it's a bit beyond the norm but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon any more."

"The upgrades on the heat shielding have nothing to do with Firefly; I'm not as worried about improving the heat shielding any more than what is needed to deal with the increase in friction heat that would be caused by the faster oscilation of the wings within the armor. She hasn't been able to hit me and I don't plan on letting her anytime soon."

OOC wrote:
Karens KS Technology roll 30 yeah shes a smarty pants.

And because of that she will be able to use her skills and your own to give you one free invention in place of the hero point Id normaly award for this.

Ok, I'm sure I can come up with something useful with that. Not sure what at the moment but something....
And just to cover my bases here, a Sense Motive: (1d20+10=16) check on Karen.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Shock

You lash out with a nasty body blow that nearly catches him right in the bread basket before he shows a serious level of fighting ability by cross blocking it and then dodging or blocking several follow up strikes you throw at him.

Its a split second warning and your own experience with electricty that warns you at the last second to leap back to safety as The Electroctuioner activates an arcing and snapping field of eelctricity similar to yours. One that protects him and would fry anyone who touched it.

While leaping back enables you to get clear of his field it sets you up for Kaatz as he lets fly with a lightning bolt of his own which strikes you right in the chest.

22 wow Nat 20 saved his bacon there.

Hell free action to activate his electric field and aura

One lightning bolt later 24 will hit for a DC 26

And back to you sir

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room