Crinoverse: The Avengers (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: The Avengers (OOC)

Post by Crinos »

Arthur Eld wrote:I had less issue with Targeted Area attacks and more with the fact that it seemed Targeted was being used to include Selective for Free.

I see no point in outlawing something because honestly, if the GM just wants to kill us, he can do it. He's the GM.

"And then Galactus ate the planet while you were sleeping."

"And then Genis-Vell chained and killed Eternity-destroying the entire universe."

"And then Tempus ignited the Cuban Missile Crisis into a full-scale nuclear war in the past, so your parents all died before you were born."
Oh, I would never do that. Well maybe the last one, might be a fun side adventure where you play heroes from other games to go back and save the Avengers.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Yeah, that does sound cool.

My point is merely that, look at our track record in this game-most of the time we're kicking ass and taking names. Often people we have no business beating, both from a narrative and even from a games mechanics POV.

If a high-powered villain beats us down here and there well, its no biggie. Winning all the time is boring.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

Arthur Eld wrote:I had less issue with Targeted Area attacks and more with the fact that it seemed Targeted was being used to include Selective for Free.
well, the times i used targetted, I paid for selective too in the variable power pool
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, that does sound cool.

My point is merely that, look at our track record in this game-most of the time we're kicking ass and taking names. Often people we have no business beating, both from a narrative and even from a games mechanics POV.

If a high-powered villain beats us down here and there well, its no biggie. Winning all the time is boring.
I agree on all points.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw »

I'm fine with anything so long as it has drawbacks and those drawbacks are observed.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

kenseido wrote:Now that Troy is coming back at the very end of this adventure, I can see if I can work something with him, maybe Rin can talk to Troy about getting Chris more involved.
How long Chris lasts will depend as much on whether I need to get back to telling Aum-Ra stories as much as what her character thinks of what she is doing.

Though Cri and I do have a vaguely planned cut-off point for her in the future.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:How long Chris lasts will depend as much on whether I need to get back to telling Aum-Ra stories as much as what her character thinks of what she is doing.

Though Cri and I do have a vaguely planned cut-off point for her in the future.
It's your character, so however you want to play it is fine. I am happy to have Troy try to help Chris with adapting to this world and being an Avenger, or he can ignore her if you prefer. However you want to develop your character (or not) is fine by me.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

kenseido wrote:
SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:I am starting to think that sums up her character in this game.
Chris definitely seems out of her element - kind of like Rin was at the beginning of Chivengers. I think if Rin were on this team from the start he would have turned out very different and stayed the whole time. He really needed someone to show him how to be a hero, and that group just wasn't geared for that they way Elasto and Xiao are, even Omni to a good extent.
That is kind of why he has tried to open up on a few occasions, though Joyboy screwed up some of that. Now that Troy is coming back at the very end of this adventure, I can see if I can work something with him, maybe Rin can talk to Troy about getting Chris more involved.
Yeah, with Ali, much as I like the character, she works far better as an NPC, as she doesn't have enough motivation for a PC. Fine as a character in a comic book, not in an RPG. Especially not PbP.

I'm thinking I need to bring Charli back as soon as possible. Which, really what I needed with her was enough time to have passed off camera for a few changes to occur.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

kenseido wrote:Though Cri and I do have a vaguely planned cut-off point for her in the future.
It's your character, so however you want to play it is fine. I am happy to have Troy try to help Chris with adapting to this world and being an Avenger, or he can ignore her if you prefer. However you want to develop your character (or not) is fine by me.[/quote]
It's not that I don't want to. It's just that her "character" was actually more the setting she came from and its attitudes on power. I expected to deal with that (i.e. reference it) more than has happened.
Yeoman wrote:Yeah, with Ali, much as I like the character, she works far better as an NPC, as she doesn't have enough motivation for a PC. Fine as a character in a comic book, not in an RPG. Especially not PbP.

I'm thinking I need to bring Charli back as soon as possible. Which, really what I needed with her was enough time to have passed off camera for a few changes to occur.
Same boat: Chris does have potential for NPC things (one idea I have has her joining another all-original NPC group), but her PC-ness is not very complex.

I have liked the character, and she's done most of what I planned for her. I just made my usual mistake of designing someone too simply, and she's not going to last long enough to get an Aum-Ra Upgrade to her characterization.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, that does sound cool.

Preaching to the choir. I really try and give you guys a challenge, but bad luck and your superior character creating skills the guys I throw at you are always getting curbstomped.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

So I was comparing Eldrich's official build to Rin and I noticed something. If Rin went first and hit with the Snare, the fight is over. Eldrich's Reflex save is crap so there is a good chance he will be bound and helpess. All of Eldrich's powers are taken out and he has no real chance of physically breaking out of a rank 14 Snare.

That's the official build anyway.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

kenseido wrote:So I was comparing Eldrich's official build to Rin and I noticed something. If Rin went first and hit with the Snare, the fight is over. Eldrich's Reflex save is crap so there is a good chance he will be bound and helpess. All of Eldrich's powers are taken out and he has no real chance of physically breaking out of a rank 14 Snare.

That's the official build anyway.
Yeah, the Green Ronin writeups aren't exactly powerhouses. Personally I just play Eldrich as PL x as far as PC's are concerned, not that you guys would ever fight him.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

I think its interesting that they make him 2PL lower than the Master Mage template in Books of Magic, where he gets a reprint.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Well, some official builds tend to be a little wonky, so GMs have to tinker.

After all, Reich isn't even a PL 10 in his HED! stats (that book has a few stat problems, actually) and Crinos has re-tooled him to be a PL 14.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

yeah, Crinos realized that back in Orange Light of Avarice, when we pretty much one-shotted Athena

and don't get me started on the 1st ed superlink mess that was Grunn
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions