Crinoverse: The Avengers (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Crinoverse: The Avengers (Recruiting)

Post by poodle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

wow...your games are popular. OH well...is it full already?
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Post by hero4hire » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Crinos wrote:Please don't withdraw Hero4Hire, I like your concept.

Also, Silvercat your set up is fine. I use the same power build for XJ9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot.
Just did not want to cause waves.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Okay, here's Charli, with a few background updates. I took out a few of her Perform Skill points to make room for a small headquarters. The she totally has to use extra Effort or a hero point to even get to until I can afford extra dimensional movement. :)
Characters Name: Big Charli
Power Level: 10
Alternate Identity: Charlene "Charli" Brown
Height: 5' 2"
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Relatives: Henry and Monica Brown (Parents), Irene Brown (Older Sister), Evan Brown (Older Bother), Sally Brown (Younger Sister).

History: Charlene's childhood is unremarkable. While she showed talent and interest in a number of creative pursuits, she never devoted time to any one of them, though she usually returned to acting more than anything else.

After graduating high school she began attending Freehold Community College in the fall of 2011, lacking a major, though she took a number of artisitc and theater classes. She was not particularly a fan of the campus' ban on metahumans, less so when the Wild Card virus was released on campus in retaliation.

While luckier than most, Charlene drew the Ace, and gained teleportational and dimensional jumping abilities. However, the first activation of her power threw her outside of reality. She drifted in the nearly empty void that was the dimension her powers sent her too for several days. Weak from thirst and starvation, she chanced upon what she believes is that dimensions only other occupant, a giant, sentient robot life form called Novendecim.

With his help Charlene was able to find some food and water from his meager onboard supplies, and with his help found a way for her powers to return her to her home dimension, and teleported back to find the aftermath of the attack on the campus. When AEGIS agents surrounded her after her sudden appearance, Charlene also found that Novendecim had forged a kind of bond with her, and through her powers, interact with this world.

While hostile towards the AEGIS agents, Charlene was abel to keep him from hurting them, and they, in turn took her into custody with the surviving Jokers and Aces that resulted from the attack.

Charli then spent some time at the Mass Castle with the other attack survivors. It... didn't work out. Growing bored (And, yes, only Charli could actually find the place boring), she took off and begin wandering. During this time she found that, with effort, she could make her way back to the void where she found Novendecim. In that space she found some areas with land formations. And on one of them, a building with living space, and a hanger, seemingly sized and fitted for somethign very much the robots size and shape.

Eventually thoug, she found her way to Emerald City...

Powers: Teleportation, Control over "Big Charlie," a mecha that has been abandoned in the dimension she teleports through, and which she can pull partially or fully into this dimension. While fully manifesting Big Charlie, Charlene is incapable of using her other powers and she must concentrate fully on keeping him here, and, should she be rendered incapable of doing so, he will return there.

Personality: Charlene is flighty, but good hearted. While she reads people well, she often completely misses the point of other things. She tends to bounce from project to project and interest to creative interest. She wants to be an actor, or a painter, or a singer, or an animator, or a writer, or a dancer, or a director, or...

Appearance: Short, with long red hair, pale skin and light freckles. Charlene dresses in bright, modest clothing, tending towards longer skirts and cute hats. She often wears a long overcoat, the pockets of which are stuffed with random objects.

Stats:
Str: 10 (+0) /34 (+12)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 10 (+0)/ 22 (+6)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 18 (+4)

BAB: +8
BDB: +8
Initiative: +0

Saves:
Toughness: +0/+12 Impervious
Fortitude: +6/+12
Reflex: +6
Will: +6

Skills: Bluff 7 (+11); Diplomacy 5 (+9); Knowledge:Theology/Philosophy 3(+3); Knowledge Popular Culture 3 (+3); Notice 4 (+4); Sense Motive 9 (+8), Perform: Dance 1 (+5), Perform Oratory 3 (+7), Perform: Singing 3 (+7), Search 2 (+2)

Feats: Power Attack, All out Attack, Attractive 2, Luck 2, Quick Change 2, Headquarters

Powers: Alternate Form 30 (Action: Full -3/r) (Alternate Powers [All Dynamics Save Summon]: Summon 19 [Action: Full -1/r, Heroic, Fanatical], Force Constructs 12 [Impervious, Movable], Portection 12 [Impervious], Telekinesis 12 [Damaging], Telekinsis 21, Teleport 10 [Easy, Progression Mass 7 (25,000 lbs), Accurate, Attack +self], Teleport 10 [Acurrate, Portal])

Alternate Form: Growth 12 (Permanent, Inate), Immunity (Life Support), Features (Control Center), Portection 5, Impervious, Impervious Toughness 6, Blast 12 (Alt Powers: Blast 10 [Full round, Explosion]. Blast 8 [Autofire], Blast 10 {Area, trail, Range Touch), Flight 6, Space Travel 2, Super Sense 12 (Analytical Sight, Darkvision, Extended Sight 3, Radio), Super Strength 10 (Countering Punch, Groundstrike)

Abilities 8+ Skills 11+ feats 8 + Powers 73 + Combat 32 + Saves 18 = 150 Points

Attack: +8
Defense: +8, +4 Flatfooted
Damage: Melee +0/+12, Blast 12, Blast Explosion +10, Blast Autofire+8, Blast trail 10.

Complications:

But Who Built Him: Novendecim is old. Very, very old. Who built him, why, and where, or even when, they came from are questions Charlene hasn't even thought to ask. When unleashed on his own, he has his own goals, agendas and ideas. While he will listen to Charlene, he will ultimately make her safety his first priority, and may not listen to commands if he feels they conflict with this, or other personal goals.

That is *not* a puppy!: In addition to never questioning his origins, Charlene tends to treat Novendevim as a close companion. A good friend, or a very loyal pet. While she understands the effect a 60' tall robot has on people, she often forgets it due to their bond.

Focus!: Charlene tends to be flightly and has trouble focusing on any one thing for any length of time. She will eventually being doodling, or writing, or making up songs in her head, or talking to someone, or.. hey, that dog has a poofy tail!

Duplicate: Novendecim/Big Charlie:

Appearence: Novendecim is a 60' tall giant, humanoid mecha. Much of it's armor plating appears dented and scared, patched with whatever could be found over it's millenia of service. In the rare places the original color scheme remains and can be seen, he appears to have once been Blue and Gold, though, over all, he appears to be more of a dull iron grey. Over this is a heavy tatted cloak of some unknown material that appears to be as resilient to harm as the rest of him. Under the hood can be seen the remains of pitted and battered Roman style helmet. Novendecim's right eye is missing, patched under the helm.

A large red 19 is modern numbers has bee hastily painted on the left side of his chest, though Charlene is not the one that put it there.

When he speaks, it is in a slow, halting manner, as if forcing out each sylable.

Str:34 (+12)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 22 (+6)
Int: 10 (+10)
Wis: 10 (+10)
Cha: 10 (+10)

BAB: +8
BDB: +8
Initiative: +0

Saves:
Toughness: +12 Impervious
Fortitude: Immune
Reflex: +7
Will: Immune

Skills: Notice 8 (+8); Search 8 (+8)

Feats: Power Attack, All out Attack

Powers: Growth 12 (Continous, Permanent, Inate), Immunity (Life Support, Aging, Sleep, Starvation/Thirst, Fotitude, Will), Features (Control Center), Portection 5, Impervious, Impervious Toughness 6, Blast 12 (Alt Powers: Blast 10 [Full round, Explosion]. Blast 8 [Autofire], Blast 10 {Area, trail, Range Personal), Flight 6, Space Travel 2, Super Sense 12 (Analytical Sight, Darkvision, Extended Sight 3, Radio), Super Strength 10 (Countering Punch, Groundstrike)

Headquarters: The House on the Edge of Time: Size Large, Isolated (Outside space/time), Living Quarters, Hanger.
Abilities 8+ Skills 10+ feats 9 + Powers 73 + Combat 32 + Saves 18 = 150 Points

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 pm

hero4hire wrote:
Crinos wrote:Please don't withdraw Hero4Hire, I like your concept.

Also, Silvercat your set up is fine. I use the same power build for XJ9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot.
Just did not want to cause waves.

It really doesn't. The overall powersets are largely removed from each other, only Morph is the same. It's not any closer than out technopath or Omni are to Charli in the way that they both use or are Mecha.

And, heck, like I said, Half Grue and rogue Grue-hunting robot on the same team is totally the kind of thing old-school Avengers would have done. It pretty much comes in built with role-playing options.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 pm

just as Xiao would know Omni from Claremont, and may have memories not his own of Big Charlie during the First Age.

I also look forward to an interlude where somebody finally gets Xiao drunk
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:just as Xiao would know Omni from Claremont, and may have memories not his own of Big Charlie during the First Age.

I suspect Tenacious would. I realized that Relentless the Alterniteen exists, and so I am changing my character's name to Tenacious to prevent conflicts. (It wasn't an issue in the other game.)
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:just as Xiao would know Omni from Claremont, and may have memories not his own of Big Charlie during the First Age.

I suspect Tenacious would. I realized that Relentless the Alterniteen exists, and so I am changing my character's name to Tenacious to prevent conflicts. (It wasn't an issue in the other game.)
(Well its not like there aren't already guys with multiple names. I think there's like six Valkyries running around, nevermind all the guys named Patriot. And Hell the whole reason I came up with the idea of franchising the Sentinels is because of how many teams had that name.)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

And I just went through and changed everything.... well, I'll change it back. :wink:
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:

just make sure its daytime drunk. :twisted:

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Okay, if everyone is ready, we can begin tomorrow (which is when I expect the heroes handbook to get here anyways.)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Crinos wrote:Okay, if everyone is ready, we can begin tomorrow (which is when I expect the heroes handbook to get here anyways.)
Readyreadyreadyreadyreadyreadyready. :D
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:04 pm

and if it helps, the first part of this PDF has some helpful info regarding Emerald City

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Sounds like fun.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Crinos wrote:(which is when I expect the heroes handbook to get here anyways.)
Why would that matter? Does the 3E HH have Emerald City info in it?

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 pm

well 3e is the gen where this setting is introduced, so I kind of hope so.

If not though, I can always just wing it like I did with Los Dios.