Crinoverse: The Avengers (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Crinoverse: The Avengers (OOC)

Postby Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:55 am

Okay, since the final adventure of my first campaign just began, its time to begin recruiting for my next big campaign (Hopefully this one will have a longer shelf life than my other two).

This time, I'm forming The Avengers

No real major set up for this campaign: The six PC's are heroes who banded together to fight a major evil, and decided to stay together. The setting is Emerald City, and I'll be using villains from various different sources (Needless to say you wont be disappointed.)

Basics of the campaign:

*Second edition rules. PL 10/150

*Looking for upwards of six people, minimum of four. Yeoman and Kreuzitter have reserved spots.

*I require at least active posting. As you've noticed, I've cut down on the amount of posting I do on this, usually posting once every few days. So this time everyone should have enough time to get a word in edgewise before I move on. But I don't want to hear complaining about spotlight stealing or the like. If you want to be more active in the game, post more.

*I'm also going to be more stingy with the exp than the last game. Since everyone got way too powerful way too fast last time.

*I will attempt to do small interludes in between the major adventures which focus on you guys independantly, like your own personal adventures and private lives. You will get exp for this.

So anyways, can't wait to see you characters!
Last edited by Crinos on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: The Avengers (Recruiting)

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 am

How would you feel about canon characters? I've always wanted to play one of the Sentinels, myself.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:23 am

Arthur Eld wrote:How would you feel about canon characters? I've always wanted to play one of the Sentinels, myself.

Well, I already have plans for the Emerald city Sentinels, so I'd prefer you make new characters.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

I am interested, and I decided to port a 3e Emerald City character of mine to 2e here for submission. That's why I was able to get this up so fast. :D
--

Relentless

Weight: 200 lb.
Height: 5'8
Age (apparent age): early 40s
Ethnic Background: Caucasian
Nationality (place of origin): American
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Red
Handedness: Right

Appearance: Mel is 5'8, 200 lbs. His muscles are definitely powerful, but belie the incredible speed also part of the package. His ruddy skin, short red hair and menacing brown eyes combine to give off the look of steely born survivor. In costume, Relentless is dressed in a full-body suit and a full mask covering everything from the neck up-except slots for the eyes- in colors of dark blue and gold.

History:

Somewhere in the early 1970's, Matthew Grimson and Melicia Grimson had a child, Mel, in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, then an impoverished location. Mel's childhood, perforce, was not easy. Matthew was a local mob enforcer, anti-Semitic, a rabid Daley and Democratic supporter. Furthermore being quick and harsh with his hand and words at times, but despite his harsh discipline the family held close together. His maxim of fortitude and ruthlessness that Mel has always remembered: "It's a damn hard world. Do whatever you gotta do to survive and smash the bastards." Mel took to it and soon started out smashing doors and shaking up the stingy with his father.

Ironically, he originally was a member of the Order of the Stick, a rag-tag fantasy themed street heroes group, posing as Belkar, but after the death of their leader Roy Green (Roy Greenhilt) in a long-running war against the empire of the crimelord and Atomic Lich Elrond Carver, the group disbanded, and Mel's spirit was broken to the point where he accepted his father's gospel.

Eventually Grimson graduated from enforcer to a mob trouble-shooter, traveling the US as work took him. However a few years ago, Mel met an older woman, widowed Cecilia Janet, and the two fell in love, and they soon lived together. Cecilia put up with Mel's criminal background, despite her being a white-collar media worker, but eventually she demanded to a reticent Mel that he quit the criminal life and they move to Emerald City.

Then, several months ago, two thugs whose friend was killed by Mel went for him, vengeance on their minds. They discovered his home and turned their wrath on Cecilia. Though badly hurt, she recovered, but the pain it caused Mel changed his stance. Quietly watching her in the hospital, he disavowed his father's advice and chose to use his abilities for the better.

They moved to Emerald City and married there, but Mel wasn't settled. It was soon afterwards that a costumed and masked vigilante began roaming the streets and dishing out some swift and hard-hitting justice.

Since, before joining the Avengers, two certain foes Relentless had run up against were the Gun Fu killer Kid Karma, and the notorious drug lord Cortex. After the assembly of the the Avengers, Relentless' initial period was stormy. Though Cortex was eventually imprisoned when the Jagged Crescent confrontation provoked the Avengers' intervention, his (eventually proved) suspicions that Farah Tomah was a high-ranking member of the Crescent caused great friction with Troy. Also, personality clashes with Charli and Omni, the controversy over Troy's destruction of a Yeerk ship under Relentless' orders and his bad attitude made things difficult, until a lecture by Elasto convinced him to improve.

More recently, Relentless has dealt with the rescue of the young River Song (who he considers a daughter), mysterious uncontrolled time trips to WW2, and even forged a friendship with the Cosmic Eternal Loki. However, another time warp stranded him for a year with the Sixth Doctor, and aside from retaining translation powers from the TARDIS, he got a sidekick Katniss, an archer girl from a post-apocalyptic future where the Labyrinth won and rules the remnant of humanity behind the scenes. Things remain interesting... in the Chinese sense.

Powers, Skills, and Personality:
Known Powers:
None. For all his speed and skill, he is still a normal human being.

Abilities/Special Skills:
Drawn from his life experiences and decades as a career criminal, Relentless has an extensive array of skills and knowledge, including rather impressive acrobatic and athletic talents, observation and a network of contacts and information.

However, it is combat in which he truly comes into his own. At peak of human speed, he is naturally gifted at all forms of fighting, but melee combat, especially his personal style mixing boxing, street fighting, wrestling and the like, is his forte. Generally he puts little effort into defense, as blocking and dodging foes come as second nature to him, and he can strike reasonably powerful attacks at a relatively low cost of accuracy if need be.

Personality:
Mel is a man who has been many places, seen a tremendous amount of terrible things- and committed plenty of them. Nevertheless, he is ashamed of his life and seeks to make it up with an iron determination. Beneath the tough and gruff exterior is a man who has changed for the better, and hopes for redemption.

Sheet

Abilities
Strength 24 (+7), Dexterity 24 (+7), Constitution 24 (+7), Intelligence 13 (+1), Wisdom 20 (+5), Charisma 10 (+0)

Combat
Initiative +19
Attack +10 (+14 Melee, +16 Unarmed)
Defense +14 (w/Dodge Focus)
Grappling +21

Saves:
Toughness +10, Will +17, Reflex +17, Fortitude +17

Skills
Acrobatics 17 (+24), Climb 12 (+19), Swim 8 (+15), Knowledge: Streetwise 17 (+18), Sense Motive 17 (+22), Intimidation 17 (+17), Gather Information 17 (+17), Notice 17 (+22), Knowledge: Tactics 8 (+9), Stealth 17 (+24), Drive 5 (+12), Escape Artist 12 (+19), Sleight of Hand 12 (+19), Investigate 17 (+18), Search 17 (+18)

Feats
Contacts, Well-Informed, Improved Initiative 3, Power Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Diehard, Fearless, Assessment, Evasion 2, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 4, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery 2 (Acrobatics, Climb, Stealth, Knowledge: Streetwise, Intimidation, Notice, Sense Motive, Gather Information), Distract (Intimidation), Equipment 4, Counterattack, Defensive Strike, Improved Trip, Improvised Grapple, Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization: (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Defensive Throw, Dodge Focus 4, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Hide in Plain Sight, Jack of Trades, Improved Pin, Prone Fighting, Ultimate Effort: Will, Set-Up 5

Powers
Martial Arts Array
- Eye Box: Visual Dazzle 10 (Touch Range -1) Linked to Strength Damage
- Eagle Eye Aim: Penetrating 2 and Autofire on Strength Damage
- Muscle-Wrencher: Drain Strength 10 Linked to Strength Damage
- Launch Kick: Trip 10 (Touch Range -1, Knockback +1) Linked to Strength Damage

Retained TARDIS Translation Capacity
Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak and Understand all Languages)

Equipment
Motorcycle, Armored Jumpsuit, Brass Knuckles, 5 EP of HQ Features

Complications
Motivation- Responsibility: Relentless has decided to make up for his misdeeds and better things for others.
Relationship: His wife Cecilia Janet Grimson. He is also friends now with Loki, thanks to their initial common bond of dealing with bad fathers.
Secret: Relentless has made efforts to conceal and hide his criminal past.
Identity: Mel Grimson.
Enemies: Relentless has crossed swords with Kid Karma and Cortex in the past. There is also Cerberus Rex, Warden and others gained as foes of late, such as Atrocitus. Allying with Loki means Wotan is a definite foe.
Responsibility: Katniss, aka Artemis, has become Relentless' sidekick while enrolled in Hope Prep, and the older man has to take on the burden of actually teaching as well as doing.

[Abilities 55 + Skills 52 Powers 19 + Saves 32 + Combat 40 + Feats 53 = Total 250]
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 am

Xiao the Fearless

PL: 12 (253)

abilities (58)
STR 20 DEX 24 CON 30 INT 10 WIS 20 CHA 14

Combat (52)
+15 init, +12 ATK, +14 DEF (+7 flat-footed)
+5/12 DMG (unarmed/Essence Blade)

saves (20)
TOU +10 FORT +13 REF +17 WILL +12

Skills (19/76)
acrobatics +8
concentration +4
diplomacy +8
Gather info +8
intimidate +8
knowledge: Arcane +8
notice +12
search +8
sense motive +12

feats (32)
all-out attack, attack focus: range 2, benefit 3 (wealth, status: pantheon, Exalted), bishonen, cult hero (LGBT community) cunning fighter, diehard, defensive attack, elusive target, equipment, evasion 2, eyes in the back of the head, improved demoralize, improved disarm, improved feint, improved initiative 2, interpose, fearless, move-by action, overwhelming prescence (DC 30), power attack, redirect, ritualist, takedown attack 2, uncanny dodge, well-informed

Powers (72)
Variable "Exalted Charms" +6 (holy/elemental descriptor, flaw: duration-sutained -1, drawback: noticable [golden glow]) (41)
Sample charms:
- strike "Essence blade" +12 (feats: improved crit 5, affects insubstantial 2) [19]
- air/earth/fire/water control "bending" +12 [24]
- blast "Lightning" +10 (extra: range +1) [30]
- Enhanced STR "Divine Strength" +14 (extras: linked Superstrength +5, impervious TOU +6) [30]
- flight "clouds dancing" +2 [4]
- Healing "Righteous Solar Benediction +8 (feats: persistant, regrowth, extras: Restorative +1, Total +1) [29]
- trip "wind storm" +10 (extras: area-cone +0, knockback +1) [30]
- AP: shrinking "Lunar Mate's Masque" +8 (feat: innate, extras: continuous +1, full strength +1, full movement +1, linked-Morph-Vorpal Bunny +2 [feat: innate, extra: continuous +1, drawbacks: no hands -4, mute -4, full power -1], Drawback: full power -1) [29]

immunity +2 (disease, poison) (2)
Mirror Image "Illusion dance" +1 (4)
morph "Twin-faced hero" +1 (female form, extra: continuous +1, flaw: uncontrolled) (1)
Teleport "flash step" +6 (feats: change direction, change velocity, easy, moving feint, turnabout) (16)
supersenses +8 (innate/accurate Essence sense, mental link-usako, see through disguise/illusion) (8)

equipment
5 points towards avengers Mansion

Complications
---
Dreams of the First Age, dawn of the new age - Xiao is learning the truth behind Creation's First Age here on earth, and He has also taken it upon himself to teach the Exalted of Earth-409 and Xeron about what they have become.
Enemies - Dr. Azoth, Eneru, First & Forsaken Lion, Hades, Mansbane, Wotan, Mr Matthews, Amon
Nemesis - The Ice King (one of faerie's Lords of Winter) has vowed to make Xiao his bride (ditto Xiao's wives), and despite his comedic incompetance, can cause a lot of trouble. Xiao has also earned the wrath of Reverend Gil Perdue and Media Pundit G. Gordon Godfrey
Lawgiver of the Unconquered Sun - Xiao is a solar exalt, one of the chosen champions of Creations Gods. although far from home, he has his duties to perform, and enemies even here with memories of the First Age. also, Solars don't really do "Subtle".
Phenom & Usako - Xiao is in a three way marriage with these two women whom he loves with all his heart, even if he's the one who has to deal with the wake of their own petty schemes
Red Rage of Compassion - as an exalt, Xiao suffers from the great curse. in his case, he is moved to great anger when he sees innocents suffer and cannot effectively intervene. and when he gives into that rage, he lashes out at the most direct cause with no regard for his own safety, or that of his freinds.
Fish out of Water - Xiao has an understanding of earth, but some of our ways are still confusing, and is easily flustered when it comes to sex.
God of the Pantheon - Xiao is a highly visible member of this contraversial and sometimes supervillainous cult, to help them understand the responsibilities of their 'godhood'. for their part, they like dropping problems in the lap of their 'sherrif', such as dealing with 'Problem gods'
Sapphire Guard - Xiao's former freinds and comrades (and long lost half-brother) from Creation, who had rejected Xiao as Anathema, and while some of them are starting to be convinced otherwise, they remain a thorn in his side, especially Miko Miyazaki, their leader
The Spartacorp Avengers - have been set by Spartacorp to be the team's rivals

costs
abilities 58 + combat 52 + saves 20 + skills 19/76 + feats 32 + powers 72 = 253 pts

:arrow: Hailing from the otherdimensional fantasy world known as Creation, Xiao was a member of his homeland's aristocracy, until the day he was ready to lay his powerless life down for that of Usako, a beastgirl in a back alley against 5 mystic warriors. and in that instant, he achieved Solar Exaltation, blessed by the gods themselves to be their champion and weild their power, but cursed with an unstppable ragem, and the beleif that he was damned for all eternity. And soon after, he lost even creation itself, when he [url=[url=http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=557317#p557317]sent away to Earth[/url] and the Claremont academy. but even as he bemoaned his fate, Xiao accepted it, having found true love in the arms of Usako, herself a Lunar Exalted, the moon to his Sun.

Unfortunately, Usako was unready to return Xiao's love, while her own plots and schemes backfired horribly, casting her from Claremont and into the arms of the Pantheon cult. Naturally, Xiao followed after her, and their Path brought them to Emerald City

there, Xiao became not only the hero he'd dreamed of being, but an Avenger. he has saved lives, thwarted evils, has had his love returned not only by Usako, but the superlebrity Phenom, the three of them recently entering a threewat marriage. he has begun to learn the truth about Creations past, having made an enemy of the First & Forsaken Lion, the ghost of his life in Creation's First Age. he has freed the Celestial Exaltations of this universe, in the process understanding his true nature, and has joined the Pantheon himself to teach himself godhood. he has even made peace with his former freins from creatin, begun to convice them that he is not the monster they think him to be

And yet through it all Xiao remains cursed with rage. . to save Usako from Madness and Mutation, he entered into a contract with Mr. Hoppy himself, such that while Usako herself has since been freed from her Great Curse, Xiao cannot yet escape his own, a great and terrible Rage at the suffering of the world, rage to shake the heavens themselves, that shall surely drive Xiao mad

:arrow: regarding the benefit, i'm not really sure what it does, other than that mystical beings and creatures treat Xiao with some respect.

oh, and this is Usako:

:arrow: EDIT 1: so, with Crinos' blessing, I went back and overhauled Xiao. of particular note is the Overwhelming prescence feat. basicly, Xiao's anima banner is such that when he turns it on, anybody within 75 feet has to mace a DC 23 will save or suffer a -1 to interaction checks vs him for every 2 points they fail by (up to a maximum penalty of -6)

:arrow: EDIT 2: changed some points around, added improved demoralize, upped the teleport to +5, and added a flurry attack for the solar sabre

:arrow: EDIT 3: rebuilt the Solar Sabre, added The AP of "god spear". Other AP's will follow as I build up the Solar Sabre, and adjust Xiao's combat ability

:arrow: EDIT 4: traded in the attack specialization so i can get 4 ranks of melee,. Xiao can now use his Melee-based APs without incident, such as his shiny new Megaton Hammer

:arrow: EDIT 5: it may be my taking advantage of the situation, but really, i've described xiao lighting up often enough that he should have it anyway. also added phenom to his complications.

:arrow: EDIT 6: okay, some extensive revisions yet again, such as getting penetrating on his main attack, olding his other movement powers into an AP of flash step, his anima effect is now a move action (and uncontrolled, since it's supposed to go off once he starts using his powers or getting emotional), and upping his con to 26. as for Xiao's healing, i'm not sure if i should leave it at +10 as written, bring it down to +6 afford another extra (plus 2 feats), +5 for two extras, or get my various extras as AP's

:arrow: EDIT 7: decided to spend that point on a second rank of evasion, and remembered to include my expenditure towards the Base

:arrow: Edit 8: Xiao's anima banner is now a free action (goes off whenever he uses his powers, overwhelming prescence, or he gets particularly emotional), he can now use moving feint with his teleport, and that superstrength stunt i did in the Phenom adventure is now part of his power array, as Xiao defaults to that once in the red rage

:arrow: edit 9: moved a point around to add 2 ranks to the solar sabre's penetrating, and added an AP to fit my description of some of xiao's strikes as a semi-psionic attack (IE: they feel the blow, but it does no physical damage)

:arrow: edit 10. the solar sabre is now penetrating as originally intended, and I fixed an error in my math

:arrow: edit 11: edit 11. banking the point for now, and updated xiao's complications as hades and psimon are now recognized, and Xiao is starting to accept the rights and responsibilities that come with being a solar

:arrow: edit 12: added 4 ranks gather info and well-informed, and a mental link to Usako (who gains the contacts & well-informed feats plus the mental link)to represent having had her memories added to his.

:arrow: edit 13: Xiao now has well-informed

:arrow: Edit 14: added Xiao ability to sense Essence/mana/chi/etc., as per the Chi sense power on page 10 of Mecha & manga

:arrow: edit 15: added the invincible iron whilwind attack Xiao used vs PSI's combined roster, and tweaked the healing charm down to +7 so xiao can heal with a standard action instead of full

:arrow: edit 16: upped Xiao's DEF by 2 points, making him PL 11 on defense

:arrow: Edit 17: okay, so, first i brought xiao's offense to +11, and added the lunar rabbit form. then, i took out an adavance on the involuntary transformation drawback to pay for upgrading Xiao's attacks to +11. future XP will go to buying off the drawback.

:arrow: Edit 18: upped will save by 2

:arrow: Edit 19: first, i used the 3 xp and with my old attack focus feats to raise my base attack bonus to +10. then, realizing I had the points to do it, I folded most of Xiao's attack powers into the weapon summoning variable power, which lets me conjure any weapon-based power with a cost of 3 pp or less, with a PL cap of 11 melee, 12 ranged.

:arrow: edit 20: bought ritualist

:arrow: Edit 21: did some points swapping, trading out the 'immunity to summoned weapons' and 'solar might' feats to buy two ranks teleport. the speed/leaping ap and up the wall feat were traded to buy a rank of flight. with the new xp, i raised the will save to +10, raised attack to a flat +11, and traded in the point of attack focus to give Xiao the benefit of being part of the Pantheon

:arrow: edit 22: sacrificed flight, two ranks of teleport and the unused moving feint feat to buy off the limits on my teleport, enabling Xiao to travel 5 miles in a full round action. with my two xp, i bought the change velocity feat for the teleport, and acrobatic bluff

:arrow: edit 24:upped the teleport to +6, added moving feint and defensive attack

:arrow: edit 25: apparently my points hve been off at some point, so i can only afford the Warstrider AP this go around. removed Ozai and snowfklame from complications, replaced them with Eneru and Wotan due to actually being in-game problems xiao now has to deal with.

:arrow: edit 26: decided to cash in those points after all, with 6 points and dodge going towards a proper combat value of 14. the other 3 points going towards wisdom, with 1 point from the will save going to wis to make it an even 20. i'm keeping the will save at +10, so that equals... 6 points to bank

:arrow: edit 27: removed warstrider as its been destroyed, added the means to see through disguises (this includes morph/shapeshift). also corrected some more accounting errors, leaving me with 12 points in the bank

:arrow: Edit 28: upped the CON by 4, giving xiao a +2/-2 Tradeoff on defense/toughness, mostly because Xiao's been consistently tagged by things that can one-shot his prior +8 toughness. Upped ATK by 1, and reworked his weapon summoning into a more comprehensive for almost all of his solar charms, meaning xiao can finally heal himself. I've also added redirect, wealth and a rank of morph (xiao can now change his gender at will). complications-wise i did some housecleaning, bringing phenom and usako together, and adding the pantheon, exalted of earth and sapphire guard to the list

:arrow: edit 30: upped xiao's ref save by 2, made his morph continuous at the cost of uncontrolled (no change in price). also added Ice King to the complications

:arrow: edit 31: added cult hero (LGBT), gil perdue, G Gordon Godfrey & Spartacorp avengers to complications as well as two yet undetermined supervillain enemies

:arrow: Edit 32: added 2 ranks of attack focus to compensate for some errors in my math regarding the Essence charms (turns out i only have 30 points... for now), to which I added noticible (Xiao starts glowing when he has those charms active, may upgrade to obvious), and folded Lunar mate's masque into its tree, giving me a point to buy 1 rank of equipment, the 5 EP of which go towards the mansion. the other point goes into the Bank

:arrow: Edit 33: using the new xp, I trade in the environmental control to afford Mirror Image outside of the array, the anima banner is now his array's noticible flaw. also added Mr Matthews to the enemies list

:arrow: Edit 34: added Amon to enemies list, now banking 3 xp

:arrow: Edit 35: upped the will save, and paid off the drawback that never really got used in game

:arrow: edit 36: raised the will save, ref save, notice and sense motive

:arrow: edit 37: raised the ref save by two, added seeing through illusions
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 58 times in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:50 am

Crinos wrote:
*I'm also going to be more stingy with the exp than the last game. Since everyone got way too powerful way too fast last time.

The other alternative is to hand out higher xp, but not automatically raise the PL every 15 points. It's fine to be a PL 10 character with way more than 165 points. Just raise the PL when you feel comfortable that the PC's have the in game experience to have grown in power.

Edit: As for character, I'm not sure yet if I'll bring back Charli, since I had a few things I wanted to do with her, or come up with something else. Should have it up by end of today, tomarrow at latest.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote:

The other alternative is to hand out higher xp, but not automatically raise the PL every 15 points. It's fine to be a PL 10 character with way more than 165 points. Just raise the PL when you feel comfortable that the PC's have the in game experience to have grown in power.

Edit: As for character, I'm not sure yet if I'll bring back Charli, since I had a few things I wanted to do with her, or come up with something else. Should have it up by end of today, tomarrow at latest.

I wouldn't mind seeing Charli again. I had some plans for her character as well.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 am

Crinos wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Charli again. I had some plans for her character as well.

Probably Charli, I'll PM you later on a few background ideas I had for the giant robot. Just make sure the campaign tone can handle the equiveilent of Osaka on a sugar high in a giant robot.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am

Alright, Crinos, your knowledge of Freedom City is probably greater than mine, so I wanted to ask a question. Isn't there a group of rogue, magic-using Grue out there somewhere? I was thinking about building a character like that, but I couldn't find any mention of them in the Freedom City core book.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

The Arcane, in the Book of Magic.
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am

the arcane, M&M: book of Magic, pg 108-9. speelcasting offshoot of the grue who valued their individuality enough that they are quite happy to let the Meta-Mind thnk they're extinct

they also worship the Nameless Ones, and woul like to conquer earth
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 am

Edit: D'oh - 2e, not 3e. Withdrawn...
Last edited by Bombaatu on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

Uh, Bombatuu, this is 2E.

maybe not one of the Arcane then. Playing the one good guy of an evil group is too played out for me. I think I'll go for an absorbing type.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:26 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Alright, Crinos, your knowledge of Freedom City is probably greater than mine, so I wanted to ask a question. Isn't there a group of rogue, magic-using Grue out there somewhere? I was thinking about building a character like that, but I couldn't find any mention of them in the Freedom City core book.

They're referred to as the Arcane. They were basically banished by the Meta Mind for trying to subvert his power, and IIRC are even more depraved and evil than the grue (they're basically expies for the Dire Wraiths of Rom SpaceKnight fame.)

But if you want to play a good one, go ahead one.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah, sorry Bombatuu, I'm sticking with the old school.

Return to “M&M Game Room”