Mission 1. Young Justice: calling the recruits.

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Mission 1. Young Justice: calling the recruits.

Postby Waynetech » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Chracter List:
1. Superboy. Mentor:Superman (Veguto)
2. Red Hood (todd). Mentor:Batman (Shadow13)
3. Kid Flash. Mentor:The Flash (Mark Reuter)
4. Batwing. Mentor:Nightwing. (Mr. United)
5. Warlock. Mentor:Zatanna (Enigmatic One)
6. Hawkboy. Mentor:Hawkman. (CaptainChaos)
7. Wonder Girl. Mentor:Wonder Woman. (Shock)

Current Series: Mission 1. Young Justice: calling the recruits.

Game Status: Active

Recap. "Batman threw down his own investigation on the newest project of lexcorp, a cloning operation known as cadmus. During his investigation, Bats didnt find the man of steel, he did however find a super problem, a new superman clone, a boy, project super boy. the younger supeman was built to be faster, stronger, and better then superman in everyway, but the boy had two big problems, no control over his powers, and his super temper.

The flash on standby, jumped into the investigation as things began to get out of hand, that and the words oh no escaping batmans lips tend to mean big problems. The bat managed to shut down the security system long enough for the team including the clone to escape alive. The clone was brought to justice tower to learn about humanity, but to his own frustration, his super original was no where to be found.

Mean while, back in gotham a new villain began to hit up the streets bearing an old villains alter ego targeting drug lords and thugs promising them protection and finances in exchange for clean peddling to people old enough and smart enough to make the decisions themselves. it also turned out the red hood had another agenda, reunite with the bat, draw out joker, force bat to kill joker. Plan almost worked until one of bats new apprentices cropped up from the shadows. Batwing.

Batman was able to convince todd (red hood) to work for him, under Batmans Rules, in exchange todd could take on his own missions under the supervision of batwing. Inside of a year sidekicks everywhere were beginning to grow up and revolt against their heroes. The justice League decided to take an inspirational action, to declare those young and deserving an induction into the league itself. That induction begins now.

Each of you recieve coordinates to the hall of justice and are required to attend, except Batwing, batwing as a newer "sidekick" has been inducted as a decoy by Batman to keep a stealthy and watchful eye on jason todd, Batman does not trust todd and will assume he will break the nonlethal code of conduct.

Initiative to determine the order of arrival, you will not arrive with mentors..Here is a relationship tree to play off of.

Batwing and red hood know each other.
superboy and kid flash know one another.
Warlock and hawkboy are new additions knowing no one.

The young justice entrance and hall are as seen in episode one of young justice located Here 4:33

Good Luck Young Justice and Have fun!!!

WT
Last edited by Waynetech on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Young Justice GM, Spectrum Corp GM
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Mission 1. Young Justice: calling the recruits.

Postby Mark Reuter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 pm

deleted by author
Last edited by Mark Reuter on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Ian was busy for some time studying some occult books Zatanna had instructed him to read, but when he received the invitation and noted the time, he pulled on his occult symbol-covered cloak and hood. The hood in particular shrouded his face, as he preferred. Uttering a backwards incantation, he opened a portal and stepped through it to the Hall of Justice.

Impeach the peach!

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Postby veguto » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:34 am

Superboy
CND: Normal

With a leap Superboy took to the sky and for a second felt like he was in flight. Abruptly he reached the pinnacle of his jump though and began to arc towards Earth. Bracing for the landing he took it in stride before making another great bound.

He had set out as soon as he received his invitation, but Kid Flash was waiting for him. In fact he looked like he'd been there awhile. "Hey." He muttered taking a look around. "Hopefully this thing gets started soon."

Initiative 1d20+2=21
Read Pile
Invincible
Siege (aka Crossover Madness)
Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Hawkboy

Andar had been practicing with his mace when the invitation arrived. Setting the weapon aside for a moment, he opened the invitation.

"Yes!" he shouted excitedly.

Realizing he had just shouted, he glanced around to see if anyone had noticed. Hawkman was gone for the day on 'business'. Typical, he didn't even trust him enough to tell him where he was going.

Now though, it all made sense. Hawkman had been secretive this morning for a good reason. He must have known about the invitation that was coming. Andar decided to forgive the old man this time.

"I'm finally being invited to join the Justice League! It's about time. No more sidekick duty for me."

He glanced at the clock and noted he had plenty of time. He could wait for a little while before leaving for the Hall but decided to leave now. He wanted to be there early. Who else was invited? He had heard stories of other sidekicks of the Justice League but he had never met any of them. Maybe Hawkgirl would be there. That would be nice. She was really cute.

Andar grabbed his mace and tucked it into its holster on his belt. He then pushed the button on his belt buckle that opened the skylight and took to the air.

Initiative = 1d20+6=20

A little while later, he arrived at the headquarters of the Justice League. It was an impressive building with statues of the great heroes above the main entrance. It was, he had to admit, an excellent architectural design. As Adnar came in for a landing, he saw two other people waiting outside.

Landing lightly, he faced the two others. They looked about his age, perhaps even younger.One was wearing a costume similar to the Flash while the other had a white outfit with an 'S' on his chest, much like Superman. Superman had a son? He had never heard that before. Perhaps it was his nephew or something?

Perception = 1d20+13=31

"I'm Hawkboy. Who might you be?" he asked the others.

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 am

deleted by author
Last edited by Mark Reuter on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Jason

Postby Shadow13 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Jason Todd

Jason was in a dojo practicing taking down several armed practice dummies. With a blur of motion he was on the dummies throwing his blades to disarm them from thier weapons, taking them down hard an fast by dislocating an breaking limbs.

He had multiple targets around the room where he would throw blades to improve his accuracy and reflexes by simulating more enemies joining in the fight. After taking down the 30 dummies an he began to repostion, repair an retieve his spent throwing weapons.

His ear piece began to buzz. Jason activated the radio to his mentor.

"I am training right now an my shift don't start till later on. Since your calling you need me to do something. You know you can just come an see me in person Bruce, doing the secrect squriel agent games plays like a bad cartoon."

Jason pauses an listens to his instrctions.

"So let me get this straight, you want me to go join a group of people who are the sidekicks of the capes? An how will wearing tights an hanging out with some other kids who like to idolize the being the hero help me? So this will be like some sort of superpowered boy/girl scout club? What happens the first time one of these people gets seriously hurt or killed? Are they ready for that or am I supposed to be there to remind them that they need to be careful?

Jason listens on the radio.

"So you want me there watch over them an if things get bad its my job to get them to safety? You think I can show them how to be effective without thier powers? I agread to to work with you so looks like i don't have a choice really do I? Just send thier infomation to my pda so I can review it on the way."
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:33 am

Batwing

Andrew's alarm sounded, his most hated song screams through the clock. At first Andrew tries to ignore it. He knows he can't or he wouldn't of picked that song to play. On top of that, the alarm was on the other side of the room. Andrew cracks open his eyes as he mumbles something about how evil the sun is, the song slowly getting louder.(Song he's listening to...Warning...It's annoying)

Just as Andrew was about to get up, his eyes caught the gleam of a white paper attached to his Megan Fox poster. Andrew grumbles as he gets to his feet and walks over towards the poster. At the same time, he draws a batrang and flings it to the alarm, destorying it as he grabs the paper and carefully peels it from the poster.

Dick...He knew Andrew loved that poster and yet, he contiues to place letters on it. Andrew looked to the signed autograph, to make sure it didn't damage the markings before opening the letter. It merely stated a phrase that him and Dick created. It was to make sure if someone got to the letter first, they'd have no idea what they were looking at.

Andrew looked to the clock, it's last recorded time still flickered, "Late." he says as he jumps into the show of his small apartment. Doing his daily groomings, he then applied the leggings of his suit before hearing his communicator go off. Andrew turns his atention to it as he tries to loosen the muscles that tightened. His trainning with Nightwing last night was extra hard.

Andrew places the item on his ear and listens to the call. Jason had a call from Bruce. Seems this was going to be an easier to tracking him. Once Jason hung up, Andrew removed the earpiece, tossing it across his bedroom before opening the window. It was in the day and he asn't used to day runs, but today was going to be full of surprises.

Andrew's unique grapple launcher spun as he landed upon the building that was the meeting place. Below were the hero's that gathered. Andrew sighed as he hoped down, tumbling effortlessly to the ground as he stood up, standing right next to Jason. He looked to everyone but merely just nodded as he turned his attention to Jason.

"Odd seeing you here."

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Waynetech » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 am

"Not as odd as one may think." Batman begins to climb down the giant, white marble steps as he slinks out of the hall of justice flanked by Hawkman, Flash, and Zatanna. Each of the mentors break away to greet their respective partners as Nightwing jumps down into the fray from a rooftop.Just before more league members begin to show up Including Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Red Tornado whom stand on the top steps of the hall watching the meet and greets. Several newcasters begin to arrive snapping photos of heroes and sidekicks screaming amongst the forming swarm of citizen and hero alike vying for just one comment.

The Flash breaks into a superfast run filling the crowd with a red and yellow blur of movement unseeable to the normal eye. The Flash breaks through the crowd back up the steps to the podium then takes a position in front of it tapping the microphone. The rest of the League members take their place standing behind in formation once the talking has ceased and the attention is drawn to the Flash.

"Hello, beforeI goaheadandmakeasuperfastspeech..." The Flash begins to speed through his words as Batman presses his hand to his lips with a big "AHEM". The Flash stops abruptly Oh right sorry, too fast, Let me start again, Before I go ahead and give a moderately paced speech, I just wanted to take a moment and say how uncomfortable I was in taking the honor of making this speech today which should be reserved for a member that unfortunately is no longer with us."

It's been difficult to fill the shoes of a friend, collegue, and founder of the league, Superman, but as heroes I was so graciously reminded that criminals never take a vacation and as such neither do we. Which brings me to the reason why we're here, today marks a day that some of our mightiest heroes are also some of the youngest heroes. Today we Induct the following members into the Justice League of America. Those members are Superboy, Kid Flash, Batwing, Warlock, Hawkboy, and the reformed Red Hood.

May I remind each of our new members that you have been chosen because of hard work, dedication, and most of all perseverence. This is not the end of a hard road but a beginning to one that will become much more complicated then any you have yet to face.Without further delay, Let's get on with the tour Already!

The League members signal for you to follow them inside the Grand Hall of Justice at which point Batman leads the tour of the Hall, discussing each of the rooms and it's most important functions and features ending with the Halls Library. "...and This is the Library, here you'll be able to access need to know information based on the previous encounters with villains of the league, any questions?"
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Batwing

Batwing merely stayed silent, or it looked that way, inside the up to date mask of his was popup screen of text messages he was recieving and sending. Clicking his fingers upon his thumb in a specific order was how he was able to type. Outside of his cowl, it looked as if he was just nervous, but inside he was texting Stacy, a girl from his school about the up coming party. This orginally was ment to send messages to Nightwing when/if Batwing was ever in trouble. However, with a few mods, Batwing made it his custom texting device. Though Batwing was excited about joining the league, he hated speeches and just standing around and with Flash at the stand, he knew it was going to take forever. His left eye piece lit up with another text.

Stacytisfine012: So I'll see you there, right? :).
Drewmcawesomepants4u: If you're there, I'm there.
Stacytisfine012: Better not ditch like last time

Batwing's mind shifted back to the task at hand and turned off the device before proceeding into the Hall. When it came to Batman talking, Batwing paid attention. He knew Bat would catch him, espcially when he is talking. At the end when question time came, Batwing quickly spoke up. "If we don't happen to live in DC and we don't have the power of super-speed, how are we to get here?"

Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Waynetech » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 pm

"I'm sure most of you have your own way of getting around, hawkboy with flight, Warlock with magic, and even hood with his bike. I'll send lucious your information to get you connected with the right people." Batman throws off a cold glare at nightwing then returns to his more ominous and encaped self like a silouhette in broad day turning his attention back to the team.

While awaiting more qustions, Batwings screen flashes with a text, Batman: glad to see your taking your induction seriously, I was going to schedule you for a combat test tonight but Dick thinks you deserve a night off after your dealing with hood. I agree with him, so your test will begin now, there's a tracking device in your utility belt, it lands on hood, or you'll be spending your evening with me.
(=^=)
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Postby veguto » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am

Superboy

Supeboy was quiet on the tour. Indifferent to most of he features of the Hall he started to really zone out when one of the bat kids asked about how non-speedsters could get to the hall on short notice. He had figured out pretty quickly that most folks just had different needs than he did.

Its a wonder they don't go crazy from the stress of being so squishy... Maybe that's one of the reasons they had him locked away in an underground tube... The memory made him openly shiver, but he soon regained his composure. Crossing his arms in front of him he went back to half listening to Batman.
Read Pile
Invincible

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:12 am

Jason
Jason listened to the Flash’s welcome aboard speech an cocked his head to the side as he was introduced as reformed. What the hell? Thought Jason couldn’t he at least tell everyone he was Robin at some point? Or the fact he died an came back unnerves them some since they don’t understand how he came back. Jason just shakes his head knowing some people only see white an black an don’t understand the world is in shades of grey.

Then Batwing asks the question about transportation which of course gains the full attention of Batman. Jason just shakes his head as Bruce corrects him.

“Ok everyone before Batman cuts us loose an we go out we do need to set up some times for team building excerises. Now would be a great time since we are all used to working alone an we have our own way of dealing with problems. By ourselves we have dealt with a lot but since we have been selected to work as a team we can handle more.

The more we are used to working together the easier it will be for us to handle the missions we are given. An since we have access to this place might as well hit the training room an have some fun before the next crisis hits an we have to go out unprepaired.”

Jason looks over to Batman an awaits for him to dimiss the group so they can hit the training area.

Jason thinks, “You wanted me here Bruce, so I have no choice but work hard an make sure these people work just as hard. They really don’t know what they signed up for buy putting on a costume or the fact we are being trained as a team now”
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 am

deleted by author
Last edited by Mark Reuter on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Postby veguto » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Superboy

Stiffening a little bit as the attention turns his way. Don't look at me KF. I can barley leap tall building in a single bound. I certainly won't be taking anyone past the stratosphere.

Seeing confused looks on the faces of his new team mates Superboy decides to set the record straight. Look guys, even though I maybe a clone of Superman... maybe. I don't have all his powers. I can't fly, and no heat vision. Instead I've got some weird telekinetic abilities I'm still learning how to master. I'll hold my own, but don't assume I'm just like him.
Read Pile
Invincible

Return to “M&M Game Room”