The Legendary Disciples 2e [Hiatus]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Corin
Henchman
Henchman

Re: The Legendary Disciples 2e [Recruiting 3-5]

Postby Corin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:26 am

heh, all of the above. Except, let's not delve into the Holding Back drawback, that got a little nasty recently in one of my Tabletop games.

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

I am all about this..>Avatar...Rurouni Kenshin...all are awesome. As for Avatar.....all I have to say is....MY CABBAGES! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm probably doing a blade master...much like my Anime Hero....Saitō Hajime

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Crap...I just noticied it is 2e....man....I have to bow out..I'm sorry I didn't notice it was 2e till it was too late.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am

I'm thinking of making a street fighter, who gets owned by either an advanced martial artists or possibly one of the mentor's themselves. He seeks out the mentor of the Tao of the Fist to learn to fight better. The mentor sees potential (both spiritually and physically) and accepts him. Mentor helps him find more discipline and balance in life, but some of that brash impulsiveness still lies under the surface. I'll continue fleshing out the details and work on the builds as well, but tell me what you think of the basic concept.

Corin
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Corin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:00 am

I like the basic concept and it gives me a good idea for a prelude. So basic concept approved look forward to the build.

Spazzy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Spazzy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:57 pm

. Takehiko Koga knows little of his past, other than that he's been cursed since birth. This curse would kill his father and leave his village a smoking ruin. Perhaps to compensate for his misfortune or perhaps pity, the spirits have led him to reclaim his father's secret treasure; a razor-sharp sword made from the bone of a noble dragon, now blackened by the village's ruin. This weapon would be his only shield in the months to come, as he is targeted by mysterious assassins that seem to be drawn to the blade. By the time Koga finds shelter with the masters, he was forced to learn the Flowing Iron Shield technique even before learning the basics, his angerous path his master. It was this that caught Master Kunai's attention, and made Takehiko a student, completely unaware of Koga's hidden strength...

The Wandering Swordsman who is Death's Companion - Koga, Takehiko
PL 4
- 60pp

Str 13
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 13
Cha 12
18/60pp

Combat 12/60pp
attack 0 (+2 demon blade (corruption) DC16, (strike) DC 21)
defense 0 (DC 16, DC 10 flat-footed, Toughness +2)
saves 4 (Reflex +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5)

Skills and Feats 11/60pp
Acrobatics 6 (+7)
Disguise 6 (+7)
Sense Motive 9 (+10)
Notice 6 (+7)
Knowldge: arcane 5 (+7)
Acessment
Accurate Attack
Deep Ties (secret)

Powers 24/60pp
Nameless Demon Blade
Device +3 (indestructable, restricted- bloodline of Akira, Accurate) [9/3+3pp]
>Corrosion 5 (pf: mighty, alternate power, fl: Tiring) [10/2+2]/15pp
>>AP: Strike 5 (ex: penetrating, pf: mighty) [10/2+1]/11pp
>Enhanced Trait: Luck 3 [3]/15pp
This mysterious heirloom, while Koga uses as a defense, is obviously intended only for destruction.

Flowing Iron Shield
Stance +2 (fl: sword dependent) [8/2]
>Shield +6 [6/1]/10pp
>Feats: Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Elusive Target [4]/10pp
Without realizing it, the skills he learns to block and avoid blows while fighting becomes a fighting technique in and of itself, if one devoted only to defense.

Chi Sense (Me&Ma) +4 (Basic Chi Sense, Innate Chi Sense, Danger Sense) [4/1]
Since he was a child, the magic in his blood was evident, as Koga is always aware of the energy inherent in all things around him.

Drawbacks and Complications -5/60pp
AKira Blood Curse [-5]
Secret Complication - The Akira Heir [0]
Reputation Complication - The mysterious swordsman that brings death with him. [0]

. Takehiko Koga spent time studying under Master Kunai learning the basics of weapon fighting and honing his technique to not be limited to solely defense. Koga also studied under Master Tenzen to better understand his past and his curse and what he discovered shocked him. Takehiko Koga's father was the purest of the Akira bloodline, and so destined to be the next Emperor. It was not so, as Koga's father was slain to remove him from the path of a would-be pretender to the throne, who was himself soon later slain by the current Emperor. As the new most-pure Akira, the kami led Koga to discover a Demon Blade, a powerful Akira heirloom. The very blade that he relied on to protect him was what drew the assassins to him. This discovery meant that his curse was a side effect of the divine power of the emperor that flows through him. Knowing this, with Master Tenzen's assistance, Koga names his demon blade Ghosts of the Pit of Ash and Sorrow to make it less recognizable and to make it his. While initial trainingwith void chi magic failed utterly, Koga used meditation techniques of Master Tenzen to create a new form under Master Kunai's guidance. In this form, Ghosts of The Pit of Ash and Sorrow becomes splinters and is absorbed into Koga's arms. In this form, Koga's chi magic is unlocked.

The Mysterous Swordsman Cloaked in Magic - Koga, Takehiko
PL 8
- 120pp

Str 13
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 14
Wis 13
Cha 12
20/120pp

Combat 44/120pp
attack 5
defense 5
Demon Sword (sword form) and Flowing Iron Stance
. (melee attack +9 demon blade (drain) Fort DC 17/ (strike) Tough DC 22)
. (melee attack +7 unarmed Tough DC 16)
. (defense DC 23/DC 12 flat-footed, Toughness +3)
Demon Sword (soul form) and Channel the Ash Demon Stance
. (melee attack +7 strike Tough DC 21 or (Divine Might) DC 24)
. (ranged attack +7 telekinesis / grapple +14 telekinesis)
. (ranged attack +7 blast Tough DC 24)
. (defense DC 15/DC 12 flat-footed, Toughness +3 or (force field) Toughness +11)

saves 8 (Reflex +9, Fortitude +11, Will +9)

Skills and Feats 17/120pp
Acrobatics 6 (+7)
Disguise 6 (+7)
Sense Motive 13 (+14)
Notice 6 (+7)
Knowldge: arcane 13 (+15)
Acessment
Artifacer
Deep Ties (secret)
Attack Focus (melee) 2
Accurate Attack

Powers 33/120pp
Ghosts of The Pit of Ash and Sorrow
Device +5 (pf: indestructable, restricted- bloodline of Akira, accurate, alternate power) [15/3+4pp]
>Corrosion +6 (pf: mighty, ex: penetrating) [24/4+1]/25pp
>AP: Wield the Soul (AP of Device power)
>>Telekinesis +6 [12/2]/18pp
>>Strike +5 (pf: mighty) [5/1+1]/18pp
Now that Koga's heirloom Demon Blade has been named and bonded to his soul, it is a stronger embodiment of the AKira curse and a more efficient tool of destruction. it can physically merge with Koga, transforming his arms into having physical properties of the physical form of the sword, and his soul the spiritual properties of the sword. While merged, Koga's hands cut like blades and he can harness the divine magic inherant in his cursed blood to impose his will through his chi.

Teleport +5 (fl: short-range, pf: change direction, change velocity, turnabout) [5/1+3]
Koga's learning under Master Tenzen has produced only one fruit; The Movement of No Movement. While impressive to witness, his lack of progress under only Master Tenzen is what inspired Koga to study under a combination approach.

Flowing Iron
Stance +3 (fl: limited- sword dependent, pf: alternate power) [12/4+1]
>Shield +8 [8/1]/15pp
>Feats: Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Defensive Strike (W&W), Elusive Target, Improved Critical (sword), Improved Sunder [7]/15pp
>AP: Channel the Ash Demon (AP of Stance Power)
>>Stance +3 (fl: limited- Wield the Soul dependant) [12/4]/12pp
>>>Telekinesis +3 (pf: alternate power 4) [6/2+4]/15pp (Improvmenet of Telekinesis power within Wield the Soul)
>>>>AP: Divine Might (first AP under Telekinesis increase...)
>>>>>Enhanced Str 6 [6]/18pp
>>>>>Leaping +2 [2/1]/18pp
>>>>>Immovable +10 [10/1]/18pp
>>>>AP: Blast +9 [18/2]/18pp
>>>>AP: Create Objects +9 [18/2]/18pp
>>>>AP: Nullify (Chi) +9 (one at a time, ex: durration) [18/2]/18pp] (...last AP under Telekinesis increase)
>>>Feats: Trance, Withstand Damage (Me&Ma), Attack Focus (ranged) 2 [4]/15pp (The rest of the alternate Stance power)
>>>Teleport +0 [0/1+1]/15 (Improvement of Teleport power)
>>>>AP: Force Field +8 (AP under Teleport increase)
Koga's Flowing Iron Shield technique as improved with the understanding that a sword is not a shield. Unlike the Flowing Iron Shield technique, the Flowing Iron technique takes advantage of the Ghosts of the Pit of Ash and Sorrow's destructive capabilities.
. Learning void magic as a fighting style has proved to be effective for Koga. While wielding Ghosts of The Pit of Ash and Sorrow as a seccond soul instead of a sword, he can use his Channel the Ash Demon technique for even greater power over his and his ancestor's chi.

Chi Sense (Me&Ma) +4 (Basic Chi Sense, Innate Chi Sense, Danger Sense) [4/1]
He heavily relies upon his ability to sense Chi, and so he often forgets that most people do not.

Drawbacks and Complications -5/120pp
Akira Blood Curse [-5]
Secret Complication: The Akira Heir [0]
Reputation Complication: The mysterious swordsman that brings death with him. [0]

EDIT: I removed the Dragon Monk character... as this post is getting long and difficult to work with. I may submit that character later. I made some changes to his structure and added descriptions to all his powers. Anyway, this is my solution to make his structure less awkward. Hopefully his stances are readable (I'm having issues with this stupid forum indentation nonsense); I've attempted to clarify the stat block as much as possible.
Last edited by Spazzy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:17 am, edited 8 times in total.

Raksha
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Raksha » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Ooh, this looks tempting. I've been looking for a good PbP game that's not yet underway, and this is the first I've found.

One question, though. Do all characters have to be humans? Well, human humans, not like cat-people or anything?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Niú

Power Level: 4; Power Points Spent: 60/60

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +3 (16), INT: -1 (8), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +3/+5, Fort: +3, Ref: +0, Will: +3

Skills: Bluff 6 (+5), Disable Device 4 (+3), Gather Information 6 (+5), Notice 8 (+11), Ride 4 (+4), Search 4 (+3), Sense Motive 8 (+11), Stealth 4 (+4)

Feats: Assessment, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization 2 (Grapple), Defensive Roll 2, Endurance (+4), Equipment 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Luck, Well-Informed

Powers:
Snare 5 (DC 15; Range (touch); Custom (Hard-to-Lose), Extended Reach (5 ft.), Tether (500 ft.))
Super-Senses 12 (tracking: Sight 2 (normal speed), true sight)
Super-Strength 1 (+5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 350 lbs; +1 STR to some checks)

Equipment: Brass Knuckles, Lengths of Rope [Snare 5, DC 15; Range (touch); Custom (Hard-to-Lose), Extended Reach (5 ft.), Tether (500 ft.)]

Attack Bonus: +1 (Ranged: +1, Melee: +3, Grapple: +9/+10)

Attacks: Brass Knuckles, +3 (DC 18), Snare 5, +3 (DC Ref/Staged 15), Unarmed Attack, +3 (DC 17)

Defense: +3 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +0

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 14 + Combat 8 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 60

Complications:
* Can't turn off true sight, often forgets that he might see (or not see) things others don't (or do)
* The Man with Odd Eyes - Niú has never seen him since that day, but he's heard of similarly deserted villages preceded by a man dressed in archaic formal clothing.
* Stubborn as a mule - Niú refuses to admit failure when he really ought to. This has led to him getting in over his head many times.
* Dumber than he thinks - Niú knows that he's slow, but the fact that he sees the world so radically differently makes him often think he knows more than anyone else.

History
Niú was a peasant, a man who had two talents in life. First, he could see clearly to the bottom of most matters and had an uncanny ability to be able to find things that were hidden or lost. Secondly, he was strong of arm and back, and quickly learned the art of being ability to wrestle down and hogtie animals, a skill he found continued to work on his fellow workers when he would get into fights. He got into many such fights due to an uncanny ability to find the exact wrong thing to say. One day, a strange man in archaic garments visited the farm that he worked on, and offered to buy the farm for a pittance. Niú found the man's appearance to be unsettling and used a lost ram as an excuse to leave. When he returned, the farm was deserted as if no one had lived there for years. Niú left this cursed ground and soon found that his two talents made him uniquely suited to the task of hunting down and subduing men. He has since roamed from town to town, pursuing contracts for the local law enforcement and honing his skills.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

^_^ Originally a cowhand for a Weird West game. Hopefully he translates alright for your setting.

Niú (PL 8)

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +5 (20), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +7 (24), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +7/+10, Fort: +7, Ref: +3, Will: +5

Skills: Bluff 6 (+5), Concentration 2 (+5), Diplomacy 6 (+5), Disable Device 4 (+4), Escape Artist 6 (+7), Gather Information 10 (+9), Notice 12 (+15), Ride 4 (+5), Search 4 (+4), Sense Motive 12 (+15), Stealth 4 (+5)

Feats: Assessment, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attack Specialization 4 (Grapple), Chokehold, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 3, Elusive Target, Endurance (+4), Equipment 1, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Luck, Power Attack, Second Chance (Notice skill), Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Well-Informed

Powers:
Snare 10 (DC 20; Range (touch); Power Loss (must have rope-like material handy); Extended Reach (5 ft.), Tether (1000 ft.))
. . Whip Strike (Alternate)
. . . . Elongation 3 (Elongation: 25 ft., range incr 30 ft., +3 Escape & Grapple; Projection)
. . . . Strike 4 (DC 24; Mighty, Precise)
. . Trip 8 (Alternate; Knockback; Range (touch); Accurate (+2), Extended Reach 2 (10 ft.), Improved Throw)
. . Whip tricks (Elongation 4) (Alternate; Elongation: 50 ft., range incr 40 ft., +4 Escape & Grapple; Action (free), Projection)
Super-Senses 12 (tracking: Sight 2 (normal speed), true sight)
Super-Strength 2 (+10 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 1.6k lbs; +2 STR to some checks)

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +6, Grapple: +19/+21)

Attacks: Snare 10, +6 (DC Ref/Staged 20), Strike 4, +6 (DC 24), Trip 8, +8 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 20)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -5

Initiative: +1

Equipment:
* Copious amounts of rope about his person [1 EP]
4 EP not spent.

Totals: Abilities 30 + Skills 18 (70 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 30 + Combat 10 + Saves 4 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

After years of training, Niú has grown stronger if not necessarily wiser. He has improved his use of rope to perform more tricks such as snagging and throwing his opponent, or using it to grab objects far from him. Despite his master's best efforts, he has largely failed to learn the art of diplomacy, and is as unpleasant as ever.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Corin
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Corin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Raksha wrote:One question, though. Do all characters have to be humans? Well, human humans, not like cat-people or anything?

Short answer is no, you're welcome to submit a cat person, a half demon, or even a Kitsune (fox spirit, please no parodys of Shou from Inuyasha I beg you!). Just keep in mind if you submit a cat person most people consider them to be demons or half demons, so you'd probably want to take the prejudice complication.

*Looks over the builds submitted*
Looks good so far, I see a few minor issues that I'll PM you both about.

@Spazzy: Interesting concepts, I still need to see a background and the PL 8 build.

@Fuzzyboots: Good old wrestler huh? I like, PL 8 build please.

Everyone, remember the PL 4 build is just for the prelude, which won't last long. So I'd like to see PL 4 & PL 8 builds with each character. PL 4 should be the foundation of what you want for your character, PL 8 is moving closer to the finished product (this is manga based so progression will be faster than most M&M games).

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

First draft of background. Builds on the way.

Background:

Keiji Tanaka

Keiji was orphaned at a young age and was forced to grow up on the streets of the big city. It was a rough life for a kid, dodging both heartless thugs and local law enforcement, all while trying to beg, scavenge, or steal enough to survive. As he grew older, however, the dynamic changed. He discovered the his struggle to survive had made him quick on his feet and with his wits, and that if he made use of that in a fight he could take down opponents of much greater size and strength than him. He enjoyed the challenge. He enjoyed it so much that he started actively seeking fights. Barfights, back-alley brawls, underground tournaments, whatever he could find to challenge him and give the rush and excitement of a fight. That's not to say he just began picking fights with random people on the street. Keiji had standards. It was just no fun at all if the other person was obviously weaker or lacked a fighting spirit. Most common folk (but definitely not all) respected Keiji, as he had usually defended them or a family member from harm at one point or another. Store owners, law enforcement, and various criminal organizations (sometimes all one and the same,) tended to dislike Keiji a great deal, as his fight would often damage property and interfere with their business. Plus he still stole from them from time to time. It was a tough life, but he was able to find enjoyment in it, which is more than many could say.

Raksha
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Raksha » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Koma Kagutsuchi (PL4/60PP)

STR: -1 (8), DEX: +1 (12), CON: -1 (8), INT: -1 (8), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: -1/+2, Fort: -1, Ref: +9, Will: +1

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+6), Bluff 2 (+5, +9 with Attractive), Diplomacy 2 (+5, +9 with Attractive), Gather Information 4 (+7), Notice 7 (+7)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 6, Attractive, Bishoujo (Me&Ma), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 2, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion, Grappling Finesse, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers:
Additional Limbs 2 (Twin-tails; +4 vs. trip; Improved Grapple or +2 to Grapple; Innate)
Damage 1 (Claws; Innate)
Leaping 1 (x2 jump distance; 16ft-8ft-4ft running-standing-vertical)
Quickness 2 (x5 rate; Limited (One Type (Physical)))
Speed 1 (10 MPH, 100ft per round)
Super-Movement 1 (Slow Fall)
Super-Senses 4 (accurate hearing, low-light vision, scent; Innate)

Equipment:
Kitty Sword (Damage 3; Mighty; Critical Threat Range 17-20; slashing descriptor; Medium size; 7 EP)
Kitty Robes (Protection 3; 3 EP)

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +6, Grapple: +7/+9)

Attacks: Kitty Sword, +6 (DC 17), Claws, +6 (DC 16), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 14)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: +1/-1

Initiative: +1

Totals: Abilities 2 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 16 + Combat 8 + Saves 9 + Drawbacks 0 = 60

Complications:
Prejudice - As a nekomata, Koma suffers from the 'demon' label, which has a habit of interfering with her activities, which includes...
Reputation - ...rumors floating around about her being 'loose', 'easy', or 'desperate', if you know what I mean. These rumors are exaggerated, but she still tends to be more flirtatious than she really should be.

History:
As a nekomata - a cat-demon, cat-goblin, what have you - life was never dull growing up. From playing with the other youngsters as a child, to learning the various arts of her kind as a preteen (though she still hasn't quite caught on when it comes to transformation), to going through the many things involved with maturing as a teenager (alongside a growing tendency to be a bit rebellious and rather impulsive in more ways than one), to eventually becoming an adult, life among her fellow nekomata has been a journey for Koma.

Now, at the age of 20, she is on a journey of another sort, traveling in search of the legendary masters, hoping to refine her skills further. Her impulsive tendencies from her teenage years have not worn off, though, so this tends to result in her crossing paths with the humans, with varying degrees of success. Sometimes things will go smoothly, sometimes she'll be chased out of the house, the inn, the town, or wherever else she happens to be. In any case, whatever happens to Koma next is sure to be... interesting.

Koma Kagutsuchi (PL8/123PP)

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +1 (12), INT: -1 (8), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +1/+4, Fort: +4, Ref: +13, Will: +5

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Bluff 5 (+8, +16 with Attractive), Diplomacy 5 (+8, +16 with Attractive), Gather Information 6 (+9), Notice 7 (+7)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 12, Attractive 2, Bishoujo (Me&Ma), Defensive Attack, Distracting Looks 5 (Me&Ma), Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Pin, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Quick Draw (Draw), Power Attack

Powers:
Additional Limbs 2 (Twin-tails; +4 vs. trip; Improved Grapple or +2 to Grapple; Innate)
Damage 1 (Claws; Innate)
Leaping 2 (x5 jump distance; 60ft-30ft-15ft running-standing-vertical)
Quickness 4 (x25 rate; Limited (One Type (Physical)))
Speed 2 (25 MPH, 250ft per round)
Super-Movement 1 (Slow Fall)
Super-Senses 4 (accurate hearing, low-light vision, scent; Innate)

Infinite Tempest Stance [Rank 2 Martial Arts Stance; Sword-Dependent; Unreadable; Fixed Stance (+5 Save DC, -5 Defense)]
Enhanced Feats 3 (Takedown Attack 2, Subtle)
Flash Step (Me&Ma; Teleport 1 + Turnabout)
Enhanced Autofire 1

Equipment:
Kitty Sword (Damage 3; Mighty; Critical Threat Range 17-20; slashing descriptor; Medium size; 7 EP)
Kitty Robes (Protection 3; 3 EP)

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +12, Grapple: +17)

Attacks: Kitty Sword, +12 (DC 19), Claws, +12 (DC 16), Unarmed Attack, +12 (DC 16)

Defense: +12 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: +0/-2

Initiative: +13

Totals: Abilities 18 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 40 + Powers 26 + Combat 16 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 123

Considering how, aside from basic offensive and defensive training and some work on her physical attributes (heh, physical 'attributes') and reflexes, the majority of the change is in Attractive, Distracting Looks, and quite a bit of help with her grappling (especially in 'pinning'), one has to wonder what exactly the master/masters were intending to teach her...

On another note, while the Infinite Tempest Stance is currently lacking in points, the idea behind it is a berserker stance. It plays off her natural speed with Takedown Attack and Flash Step, and the fixed maximized All-Out Power Attack gives it a heavy shove in the direction of offensive PLs. Two and a half PLs of shoving, actually.

Apologies if the history isn't good enough; tell me and I'll try and make it better. And yes, I'm playing a social character with combat skills. Is there a problem with that?
Last edited by Raksha on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Spazzy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Spazzy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:51 am

Okay... wow this is becoming time-consuming.
I've included some changes to my PL 4 builds and added a PL 8 build for my void swordsman.
I've also added a summary of his background and his training under two of the three masters.
I still intend to create a PL 8 build of the dragon monk, add a summary of the dragon monk's background and training, add more detail to the background information, and write up a physical description (maybe a sketch?) of both builds.

Please let me know what you think about the dragon monk's drawbacks in regard to his pearl before I work on the PL 8 build for him? Thanks...

speeddemon
Champion
Champion

Postby speeddemon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm

This sounds like a really cool game, I'm intereasted in joining. I think i'd like to make either a toa of the fist or of the blade, leaning towards fist, but I could go either way. I'll try to decide and get a build up with backstory posted soon.

Spazzy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Spazzy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 pm

OK, I made adjustments to both characters. Everything is mostly final, holding suggestions from the DM. I have one question per character, however.

Void Swordsman: I'm considering changing the APs under his "magic" stance since some of them are very similar. Also, is what I did with the absorption of his device for a return on pp ok? I'm willing to restructure the stance completely if it's too strange... though I do really like the sword being absorbed into his body for the stance.

Dragon Monk: I want to make sure that the drawbacks I attached to his (lack of) his dragon pearl device is ok. This is supposed to represent the traditional, well, Asian dragon's pearl; the same concept used in the Dragon Ball Z series... except because he's only a half-dragon his life-force depends on it.

I would very much like feedback on these two items, thanks.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Here are my PL 4 and PL 8 builds for Keiji, let me know if there are any errors or anything you aren't comfortable with.

Keiji Tanaka
PL 4 60pp

Abilities:8pp
Str-10 (+0)
Dex-14 (+2)
Con-12 (+1)
Int- 10 (+0)
Wis- 12 (+1)
Cha-10 (+0)

Combat: 12pp
Attack: +4
Defense: +2 (+4 with Dodge Focus)
Initiative: +5

Saves: (6pp)
Tough: +1 (+2 with Defensive Roll)
Fort: +3
Ref: +4
Will: +3

Skills: (12pp)
Acrobatics: (4 + 2 dex) =+6
Bluff: +8
Climb: +2
Escape Artist: (6 + 2 dex) = 8
Gather Info: +2
Knowledge: Streetwise +6
Notice: (6 + 2 wis) = +8
Search: +2
Sense Motive: (2 + 1 wis) = +3
Sleight of Hand: (6 + 2 dex) = +8
Stealth: (4 + 2 dex) = +6

Feats: (10pp)
Dodge Focus 2
Defensive Roll 1
Evasion 2
Improved Initiative
Move by action
Prone Fighting
Redirect
Taunt

Powers: (12pp)
Dirty Fighting Array 3 (6pp + 2pp = 8pp)
Low Blow (Nauseate) 3
Throwing Dirt (Touch Range Visual Area[Cone] Dazzle) 3

Basic Brawling (Strike) 4 (4pp)
Last edited by Weyrd on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “M&M Game Room”