Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

New Freedom League [IC: 5]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Kaisius » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Otakumon
HP 3
Cond : Normal

"Hey now! Just because we're eating your lunch and looking good doing it, that's no excuse for hurtful language.", Thomas quipped to the pinned villain. "Is he usually this whiney?", he asks the Mantas as he again strafes their line.

OoC wrote:Sorry for the late post. 5 more shots at 5 more Mantas. 1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=22, 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=17.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

Otakumon: The Mantas don't bother answering your question as they're too busy trying to avoid your latest barrage of shots, which four of them fail to do
and their bodies are added to the growing pile on the catwalk.

OOC wrote:You hit 4 out of the 5 and they're out of the fight.
There are 4 Mantas left.

>>>
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony scoffed as he waved a hand, summoning a swarm of blades. "Did you really think a few monsters and your hired guns would put you on a level with us?"

He points with his arm, sending the blades at the bound supervillain. "Senbonzakura Kageyoshi."

Blast 12 1d20+9=20 DC 27 to start, plus Autofire.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 am

Avatar:"Nope, they were supposed to buy me enough time to get the hell out of here." Devil Ray answers back over the sound of his suit's electrical discharge before being engulfed in the effect of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi as Rikujyoukourou continued to hold him in place.

When the storm of tiny, flying blades finishes Devil Ray is still trying to fight his way free of Rikujyoukourou he does show signs of some minor damage (his electrical field probably helped to deflect the brunt of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's attack) he's mostly focuing on trying to free himself as the electrical field continues to snap and crack and tiny fractures start to form all over the six beams of light that make up Rikujyoukourou.

But the effect continue to holds Devil Ray in place.

OOC wrote:That's a hit no problem & with Autofire that's a Toughness DC 32.
First roll for Devil Ray was a +3, which sucks so HP for Avatar for the re-roll.
Toughness Save: (1d20+12=21) with the +10 that's a 31 total and a Bruise for him.

He's maintaining the electrical aura trying to get free of Rikujyoukourou.
It has a Toughness 22 against his damage DC 24, which is another Injured Condition and another -1 penalty on it's future Toughness Saves.

But it still holds.

>>>
Sea-King's turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 1 (-1) Luck: 2

As Marcus, easily, sidesteps the clumsy attack from the uninjured monster a net falls into his hand. The net spins in his hand as it lunges forward to wrap around the beast, he uses the sudden tightening of the net to throw himself behind and above the beast where he lunges downward into it's back with the points of his trident.

He calls out an unintelligible warcry that's something between "Huzzah!" and "C&^%sucker!"

I'm going to surge to perform to standard actions this turn.
Snare Attack (1d20+11=28)
Melee Attack (1d20+11=20)
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am

Sea-King: Your use of the net caster to suddenly trap the creature focuses all of it's attention on regaining it's newly taken freedom, which leaves it open to your follow up attack that leaves it momentairly unable to do much to free itself from your net.

OOC wrote:The snare hits, it's a Reflex DC 21.
Monster #2's Reflex Save: (1d20+8=14), it's is bound and helpless (it loses any dodge bonus and takes a –9 penalty to Defense against attacks from adjacent opponents, and a –5 penalty to Defense against ranged attacks).
So Sea-King's 2nd attack hits with no trouble & that's a Toughness DC 26.
Toughness Save: (1d20+10=20), which earns it a Stunned & Bruised condition.

>>>
That ends the 3rd round & brings us to the top of the 4th round, & it's Otakumon's turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Otakumon
HP 3 (2 at end of turn)
Cond : Normal

Note to self: Come up with new way of dealing with mooks, Thomas chided himself as he fired at the remaining Mantas. Seeing that Devil Ray is beginning to work his way free of Avatar's Rikujyoukourou, he turns to fire one more blast at the 'mastermind'."Oh, no you don't, Captain Sushi! You've still got a play date with our fair prince and Super-Barney!"

OoC wrote:This is getting to be like work :roll: :) ....4 more shots: 1d20+8=16, 21, 15, 13
HP to surge and fire on Devil Ray 1d20+12=16 DC 25 Autofire 2 (1/+5 max) (hope spring eternal...)
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:45 am

Otakumon: After putting down the remaining Mantas with another set of well placed shots you turn and let fly a quick shot at Devil Ray that hits the aquatic villain squarely in the head which leaves him hanging somewhat limply in the air as Avatar's light-like trap holds him up in the air still locked in place.

OOC wrote:You hit 3 out of the 4 with that latest set of rolls & at this point I'm willing to handwave the last one so that'll end all of the Mantas.

As for the shot at Devil Ray, you do hit thanks to the penalties to his defense, but it's dead on the nose so no Autofire bonus.
Devil Ray's Toughness Save: (1d20+11=19), which leaves his Stunned & Bruised (x2 total).
>>>

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:56 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony smiled at Otakumon. "Thanks for the assistance, my friend."

He glowered at Devil Ray. "Now to deal with you." He raised his hand again, summoning another swarm of blades.

Blast 12 1d20+9=23 DC 27, plus Autofire.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 am

Avatar: Between his being held in place by Rikujyoukourou, the shot Otakumon just hit him with and another dose of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, Devil Ray is turned from a caged threat to an unconscious capture.

As the last bits of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi fade away, the electrical aura Devil Ray had been using against Rikujyoukourou shuts down and his head hangs down making it clear he's out cold from the set of attacks.

OOC wrote:That's a hit & the Autofire bonus is +3 for a total Toughness DC 30.
Devil Ray's Toughness Save: (1d20+10=15), and that will put him out of the fight.

>>>
So that makes it Sea-King's turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 0 Luck 2 (-1)

With a kick and a high back flip Marcus tore his trident from the back of the wrapped up monster to land in front of the one still recovering from his first attack. Around him Marcus was keeping aware of the progress of the overall fight. Avatar had delivered the knockout punch to Devil Ray which was a good thing since a lot of the fight should go out of the goons that Otakumon was fighting.

Holding his Trident low towards the monster he feinted to the right with his weapon while his body went left, sliding to the side of the beast before he flipped his weapon up side down and with all the strength he could muster he stabbed at the side of the monster while in a wide stance.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am

Sea-King: Now that'd you could focus your attention on the first monster once again you manage to feint it into a position that leaves it vulnerable and your attack leaves the creature out cold on the floor, no longer a threat to you or anyone else anytime soon.

While all around you the other members of the League wrap up their fights you realize that you're the only one with an opponent still left standing and you intend to remedy this fact as quickly as possible - you move with purpose towards the other creature you'd captured in a net and swiftly and deftly deliver a knockout blow with the blunt end of your trident to the side of the creature's head with enough force to have it join it's mate in unconsciousness.

OOC wrote:Alright, that's another Toughness DC 26.
Monster #1's Toughness Save: (1d20+10=14)...(and at this point I really just don't like IC anymore. It's off my X-Mas list....forever) so that's another Staggered condition which is this monster's second one and will put it out of the fight.

>>>
At this point I'm going to wrap up the fight so we can get to the last bit of wrapping up this adventure. So an HP to CD for me exercising a bit of GM editing/direction on his character that will carry over to the next adventure.

Everyone:
And with that the fight is over and the three of you set to the task of making sure that Devil Ray, his men, and the remaining monsters that haven't been loaded for transport yet are secured and contact AEGIS so that they can come and take custody of the criminals and secure Devil Ray's island base.

It doesn't take AEGIS too long to arrive on the scene, led by Special Agent Alex Vezini, since they'd been on alert since Gigantosaur had come so close to invading Freedom City and had been acting as back up to the League when you made the ransom drop, and soon all of you (including Joan Arcanum, Perun, White Lantern and the Saturdays, including Zak and Komodo) are answering various questions, helping out when and where you are able and putting the finishing touches on securing the island base.

At some point as things begin to settle down the Saturdays, Doc, Drew along with their son Zak and a giant komodo dragon that has a look to it's eyes that hint at a deeper intellect than one might suspect from such an animal, approach you. "We'd like to give you our thanks again for breaking us out of that cell Devil Ray had crammed us in." Drew says.

"Not that we couldn't have gotten out." Doc adds, for which he gets a quick elbow to his side from his wife and he gives a soft, pained grunt. "But it would have taken longer than we'd liked. And our offer still stands; anytime you need help from us just call, day or night."

Zak on the other hand is practically bursting at the seems trying to contain himself while meeting the Freedom League in person and finally gives in to his impulse. "Can I have your autographs?!"

OOC wrote:Also during the clean up, let's have Notice checks from everyone. Once I get results I'll let you know what (if anything you might have found).

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Ton MacKenzie/Avatar

The thin man sighed a bit, before speaking the words "Mycroft Holmes,", helping the AEGIS agents bag and tag the equipment in Devil Ray's lair. He was tired, but there was a small smile on his face. They had done good today-defended the hero from a giant monster, tracked down and apprehended the architect of the monster attack, and struck a blow against the Crime League.

He shook hands with the Saturday's politely, eyes joyful under his mask. "Well, you can count on the same from us. The Freedom League would be only too happy to assist you in any way we might."

Tony's eyes roved around the area, wondering just what kind of money and labor went into work building a place like this-in this kind of area, as well-and who was responsible. He chuckled at Zak's request. "I don't think anyone's ever asked my that before. I'm glad to oblige, Zac."

Using Tony's Analytical Genius form (which I think I've used maybe only once or twice before), which gives him a Notice check of +17.
1d20+17=22 I kinda figured that would happen.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus

As AEGIS cleaned up the mess Marcus quite happily gave Zac that autograph, in fact he did one better signing one of the weights on a net and giving that to the young boy. He was obviously more comfortable with the attention than Avatar as he recounted his duel with the two monsters.

"I deftly slipped beneath the claws of the first beast while I struck at it's companion! As my trident bit into it's flesh..." He continued to tell about the fight while miming it out for the young man.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Otakumon

Dr. Saturday wrote:And our offer still stands; anytime you need help from us just call, day or night.

"Thank you, Doctor. That works both ways, you know: Say the word, the Freedom League will be there.", Thomas answered, shaking Soloman and Drew's hands.
Zak Saturday wrote:"Can I have your autographs?!"

Thomas chuckled. I don't know if I'll ever get used to being on this side of that question, he thought as pulled out the sketch pad and markers he uses to draw on the fly. "Only if we can have yours, Zak." Knowing his friends would agree as well, he offers Avatar and Sea-King purple and orange markers to sign with. Thomas takes a few moments, while Marcus regales the young Saturday with the story of his fight, to draw a quick sketch of Zak and Kimodo, signing it, To Zak: For Great Justice....Otakumon! As he hands the drawing to Zak, Thomas' eyes snap up, looking around for...something, what he doesn't know. What the hell?..., he thinks to himself. Seeing the looks on everyone's face, he shakes his head, chuckling. "Sorry. Felt someone taking my photograph."
OoC wrote:Notice check 1d20+8=15
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room