Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

New Freedom League [IC: 5]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony scoffed. "Kill us?" Don't be stupid. You and your men should surrender while you have the chance. You may have us outnumbered," He smiled a little, petal-like blades flowing around his body.

"But we certainly have you outgunned."

Initiative for Avatar 1d20+6=21
I think Otakumon goes first, if he has higher DEX.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:07 am

And the FIGHT begins!: Otakumon opens the fight with words and deed, letting loose a volley of blasts that target some of Devil Ray's men on the far catwalk but most of them manage to duck clear of the hurried shots.

Devil Ray yells another order at his men. "Let the beasts go!" And the men who'd been moving the three caged creatures move to comply.

OOC wrote:The Mantas Group Initiative: (1d20+1=14).
Devil Ray's Initiative: (1d20+1=21) (and now that he's gotten the best roll he'll get for the fight....)
Initiative Order:
Otakumon -21 (higher Dex mod)
Devil Ray - 21 (heroes before villains)
Sea-King -19
Mantas - 14
---
Otakumon's attack only hits one of the Mantas (defense 15) but there's no way in hell he can make that save so I'm ruling that as long as you can hit them they're going down (since all of you pretty much cause a Toughness DC 25 they couldn't hope to beat with a natural 20).

So that's 1 Manta down, 24 left to go (of course I'm sure Sea-King will lower that number....by a lot on his turn!)
>>>
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 am

((.....................bumping..................))

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony blurred with Shunpo, appearing just behind Devil Ray. "I will say, this was a heck of a scheme. Not bad for just you by yourself. But then again, you had help from your League buddies, right?"

Not waiting for an answer, Tony raised one hand, channeling energy through his body. "Hado 33: Sokatsui!" The nergy burst from his palm, engulfying Devil Ray's form.

Avatar will move in front of DR and hit him with Cone Strike 11. That's DC 21 Reflex for half damage, and DC 26 toughness.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am

Avatar: As you release the energy Devil Ray immediately takes to the air where he is able to twist and move his body enough that his armor easily absorbs the brunt of your attack.

"Help?" He scoffs. "All Piper did was pay me back a favor he owed, otherwise this is all my deal that you capes are screwing up for me."

OOC wrote:Devil Ray's 1st roll was a '2', so spending his VP (for you guys showing up) to re-roll.
Reflex Save: (1d20+5=6), and I hate you too IC, that's a 16 total which is still a fail.
Devil Ray's Toughness Save: (1d20+12=28), (gotta love IC & it's up/down style) no damage.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am

Sea-King: You hit the floor of the room and never stop moving; a dervish of hands, feet and trident lashing out at the armored men in the employ of Devil Ray.

However some of the the men that were moving the three caged creatures manage to get two of the three opened before you can stop them and the creatures held withing roar with purpose as they escape their prisons and move to surround you, the only precieved threat to their escape.

OOC wrote:With an attack DC 21 that'll hit them and there is no way they can beat the Toughness DC 26 you're invoking, so you put them all down (which leaves only 11 Mantas left & those are on the catwalks). But the Mantas on the ground manage to get the cages open so you can have a bit more of a challenge, have an HP.
The creatures will go last starting the next round.
>>
and just to give you an idea of what has been let loose....

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 am

Otakumon: As the fight below you on the floor gets going, the remaining Mantas try to carry out Devil Ray's order and open fire at you and thanks to the limited space you're currently in, two of them manage to tag you with blaster fire.

OOC wrote:Here's their Group Attack Roll: (1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=21), and only two manage to hit you.

That'll be a pair of Toughness DC 20.
>>>
That'll end the 1st round & start the 2nd.
So that makes it Otakumon's turn (provided he makes those 2 saves that is). :wink:

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Otakumon
HP 4(3 at end of turn) LP 0
Cond : Normal

Damn it!, Thomas cursed inwardly, seeing that he only hit (and drop) one of the Mantas he'd fired at. He then realized that he was suddenly alone on the catwalk with the remaining minions.

"aw, crap....", he whispered as they began to fire.

Reliving middle school Dodgeball traumas, Thomas hugs close to what little cover there is. Two shots tag him in the chest, and even though his Strikersuit takes the worst of it, it still feels like he'd been kicked by a horse. ooowwww. Imperial marksmanship notwithstanding, these odds are in their favor. Need some more cover. Reaching to his belt with his off hand, he draws out a card. Not my first choice, but it'll do. Setting his mind upon the drawing, it grows and splits into two identical squat, super deformed robots. With the the two 4 foot 'bots to provide more cover, Otakumon returns fire, spraying blasts at five more Mantas.

OoC wrote:Thoughness saves 1d20+11=26 and 1d20+11=...26 :| Ooookay...
Anime Jutsu to create the robots to use as cover, then an HP to surge and Multiattack five of the remaining Mantas. Celt pointed out to me that it is a -1 per target as opposed to per square, as I had it last time. So five attack rolls at -5 results in 1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=20, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=10, and 1d20+7= 25.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 am

Otakumon: With your improvised cover giving you a better position, you're able to line up your attack much better this time as you let loose several quick shots that takes out three of the remaining mooks who're busy trying to blast their way through your squat, twin robots.

OOC wrote:That'll be three hit this time around and all three go down as well (since they still can't save against the DC for spit). 8 Mantas left total.
>>>

and funny side note: I just realized I skipped Devil Ray's turn last round.....a no prize for the GM :roll:

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony brushed a hand through his hair. "Paying back a favor, performing under duress, offered freely-help is still help."

He pointed, muttering. "Bakudo #61 Rikujyoukourou." Before columns of light appeared to trap Devil Ray between them.

Snare 12 1d20+9=21 Assuming that hits, its DC 23 Reflex.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 am

Avatar: The six thin, wide beams of light you summon slam into Devil Ray's midsection, holding him in place where they connected with him in mid-air.

"What the hell?!" He yells as he struggles for a moment to get free. "Damn capes and their freaky powers." Devil Ray mutters under his breath just before his suit discharges an electrified field all around his body, which arcs all over the beams of light holding him in place. Despite the fierce discharge of energy, Rikujyoukourou withstands the damage and continues to do it's job of holding Devil Ray in place.

OOC wrote:That hits.
Devil Ray's Reflex Save: (1d20+5=20), he fails it. So that leaves him Entangled (suffering a –2 penalty on attack rolls and Defense, and a –4 penalty to his Dexterity).
That makes it Devil Ray's turn, and he's going to Power Stunt to try and free himself.

Electrical Aura: Energy Aura 9

The Snare has a Toughness 23 (10+ it's rank) against a Damage DC 24, so it takes an Injured Condition and suffers a -1 on it's Toughness but it holds him.

>>>
Sea-King's turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: Fine

Upon seeing the two large monsters released from their cages Marcus couldn't help but let a little smile smile escape. "Fantastic..." He muttered excitedly as he held his trident in both hands with a wide grip pointing towards the nearby monsters.

With a roar that at one point sounded a bit like an excited laugh he leaped forward and landed right in a roll before he popped up at the side of one of the beasts, using it's body to block an attack from the other, and then lunged forward with the tip of his trident.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 am

Sea-King: The creature rushes forward to meet your coming attack only for you to roll to it's side at the last moment and score a hit, which draws a roar of pain from the creature and grants you first blood.

From what you can tell of it's reaction of pulling back away from you, these creatures aren't used to prey that fights back so aggressively.

OOC wrote:That hits, it's a Toughness DC 26.
Monster 1's Toughness Save: (1d20+10=15), wow...thanks IC. That'll leave it Staggered & Stunned.

>>
Now for the remaining Mantas turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am

Otakumon: The remains of Devil Ray's men keep firing away at your position but your two squat robots do as you'd hoped: taking the majority of the shots that would have been dangerously close to connecting with you.

For now your twin 'bots are weathering the storm of blasts but you know that won't last for too long.

OOC wrote:Just wanted to note that with the two robots Otakumon made is granting him a +4 cover bonus.
The 8 remaining Mantas keep firing away;
Blaster Attacks: (1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=17). None of them come close to hitting.

>>
Back to the Monsters fighting Sea-King.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 am

Sea-King: The second creature roars in obvious anger as you injure what you can only assume must be it's mate (though it is difficult to tell since they look so much alike) and it rushes you in a frenzied manner with it's claws outstretched but it's anger distracts it too much and it's attack is almost clumsy as you easily stay out of harm's way.

OOC wrote:Monster 2's Claw Attack: (1d20+8=14), is a big miss.

>>
That'll end the 2nd round & start the 3rd, making it Otakumon's turn.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room