Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

New Freedom League [IC: 5]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony nodded, running one hand through his hair. It had been a long day, and he was tired. But they were close to apprehending Devil Ray now, he knew it.

"Stand back, please." He said before pointing his hand at the door.

"Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." There were perhaps more subtle approaches to getting through the door, but Tony wasn't about to waste his time on any of them. His multitude of blades rained down, tearing the structure to pieces like a swarm of ravenous insects.

Figure it shouldn't take too long to get the door down.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 am

Avatar easily cuts the door to the armory down and Doc and Drew waste no time in locating their gear; which turns out to be a armored gauntlet, that Doc puts on with a familar practice, and a golden sword, which Drew gives a few practice swings of before securing it's scabbard in place across her back.

"Now I'm ready to get my son." Drew says.

Doc looks to the three of you. "We'll get Zak and Komodo while you handle Devil Ray and his people?"
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

((...................bumping....................))

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 am

Sea-King II - Marcus

Tattooedman wrote:Doc looks to the three of you. "We'll get Zak and Komodo while you handle Devil Ray and his people?"

Marcus admires Drew's swordsmanship as he replies. "If you believe that you can handle it alone then I have no issue with that plan."

He stepped closer to Drew. "If you find yourself fighting in the water, with the sword, try to remember that thrusts and stabs are more powerful. Slashing and cutting strikes are weakened by the water stealing your momentum." He smiled slightly, "I've found that a lot of surface dwellers never consider that. It slows them and makes their attacks easier to counter."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Otakumon
HP: 4 LP: 0
Cond: Normal

"The rest of the League is out on the island, trying to set up a counter-measure to the control boxes.", Thomas says as the two groups prepare to separate. "If 'Ray hasn't already pressed his 'Calling All Monsters' button, he will when Marcus starts tap dancing on his bridgework. Once you get Zack back, if you could help with the kaiju, we'd appreciate it."

"Certainly.", Dr. Saturday says. "...ah, I'm sorry, but...you seem to know a fair bit about us..."
"And our son...", adds Drew.
"Yes...do we know you?", Soloman finishes.

"Oh, we met once at Comic-Con, several years ago.", Thomas explains, sheepishly, "I was an inbetweener on your cartoon show, The Secret Saturdays. No reason for you to remember. I apologize for being quite so familiar."
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony's eyes were heavy behind his mask. "I wish you the best of luck." He said with a small smile.

Then he turned to his fellow Leaguers. "Right then, let's do this. The monsters will be highly dangerous, to be sure, but if we can subdue Devil Ray, we should be able to either free them from his hold, or at least hightail it out of here with him before we get squished."
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am

CSea-King wrote:Marcus admires Drew's swordsmanship as he replies. "If you believe that you can handle it alone then I have no issue with that plan."

He stepped closer to Drew. "If you find yourself fighting in the water, with the sword, try to remember that thrusts and stabs are more powerful. Slashing and cutting strikes are weakened by the water stealing your momentum." He smiled slightly, "I've found that a lot of surface dwellers never consider that. It slows them and makes their attacks easier to counter."

Drew nods. "Good point your highness, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you."

Otakumon wrote:"The rest of the League is out on the island, trying to set up a counter-measure to the control boxes.", Thomas says as the two groups prepare to separate. "If 'Ray hasn't already pressed his 'Calling All Monsters' button, he will when Marcus starts tap dancing on his bridgework. Once you get Zack back, if you could help with the kaiju, we'd appreciate it."

"Certainly.", Dr. Saturday says. "...ah, I'm sorry, but...you seem to know a fair bit about us..."
"And our son...", adds Drew.
"Yes...do we know you?", Soloman finishes.

"Oh, we met once at Comic-Con, several years ago.", Thomas explains, sheepishly, "I was an inbetweener on your cartoon show, The Secret Saturdays. No reason for you to remember. I apologize for being quite so familiar."

Doc nods. "Ah, I see."

Drew steps back a few steps from Sea-King. "It was just odd given the situation, but you're fine."

Avatar wrote:Tony's eyes were heavy behind his mask. "I wish you the best of luck." He said with a small smile.

"Good luck to you three as well." Drew answers back. "The quickest way out for us is down this hall, but Devil Ray's got a room he's been using to monitor the cryptids and put those damn machines on them that's accessible from the other hall."

Doc shakes hands with Avatar as he speaks. "We both want to thank all of you for breaking us out, if the League ever needs our help don't hesitate to call."

With that the Saturdays look at each other for a moment, a silent confirmation that they're both ready and they head on down the hallway and out of sight quickly as they move with purpose.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 am

((.............bumping............))

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Otakumon
HP 4 LP 0
Cond : Normal

"This is all proceeding waaay too smoothly...", Thomas says, as the Leaguers turn toward door #3. "'Ray's got to know something's up by now. We need to be ready for anything. Avatar, as soon as you see whatever control mechanism 'Ray's using, disable it, ASAP. Marcus and I will tag-team 'Ray and his men in the meantime."
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Tony MacKenzie/Avtar

Tony scoffed. "Easy? Did you miss the part where Gigantosaur rampaged in Freedom City, caused all kinds of destruction, and then Devil Ray made off with an enormous sum of government money?" He made a fist until his knuckles popped.

"We take down Ray, disrupt his control, and get out of here-with his men. Otherwise they're likely to get killed by the monsters if left on their own."
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus

Avatar wrote:"Easy? Did you miss the part where Gigantosaur rampaged in Freedom City, caused all kinds of destruction, and then Devil Ray made off with an enormous sum of government money?"

"How could anyone miss that?!" Marcus asked as he started to move towards the door. With Perun being with the others he was the one who had the best instincts to be at point. "The rampaging was the best part! Oh the songs that will be sang of that battle..."

Marcus slowly stepped to the side of door number three, being sure to be clear of the doorway so as not to face an attack right away, before he reached over and opened it.
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Otakumon
HP 4 LP 0
Cond : Normal
Tony MacKenzie/Avtar wrote:Tony scoffed. "Easy? Did you miss the part where Gigantosaur rampaged in Freedom City, caused all kinds of destruction, and then Devil Ray made off with an enormous sum of government money?" He made a fist until his knuckles popped.

"We held Gigantosuar at the Narrows, don't forget.", Thomas replied in a low voice. "And push comes to shove, I can make a couple of basketball-sized diamonds to cover the ransom. Come on, we've got a trap to walk into...." Taking a position opposite Sea-King, with his Anime Beam readied, he says, "At your leisure, your Highness."
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 am

Door #3: Opening the door reveals a third hallway that is empty, further proof that perhaps Otakumon might be correct about things going a bit too smoothly.

After carefully making your way down the hall the three of you find a large room with an pair of massive doors at the far end, large enough to allow the likes of Gigantosaur or any of the other larger creatures that live on the island into the space. Catwalks hang suspended from the ceiling, furthering the idea that this was the place Devil Ray used to attach his control units onto the monsters.

At least two dozen of Devil Ray's men are working on breaking down machines that were set up on the floor and along the walls while others are moving three cages holding large creatures under Devil Ray's watching eye. "Hurry the hell up!" He bellows. "Those damn Leaguers have already managed to trash the units on Gigantosaur and the others, the tracking beacons show they're on their way here now! That means we've got a couple minutes tops before this place is their personal Tokoyo playground!"

Then he turns to check on his men working over his head and sees the three of you.

"Son of a bitch."

Without missing a beat he raises his arm, readying to attack as he rallies his men. "Kill them!"

Several of the Mantas immediately move to carry out the order, pulling blasters and knives as they draw closer.

OOC wrote:Image
--
The three of you entered at T14.
The wedge is the large outer doors.
The grey rectangles are the catwalks, which are connected to one another (even though it doesn't look like it), and there are a dozen (12) of the Mantas on them.
The other dozen (12) Mantas are on the floor around Devil Ray (the X) moving the caged creatures.

So that'll be Initiative for everyone.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kaisius » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Otakumon
HP 4 LP 0
Cond: Normal

Waitaminute..he didn't know we were here?, Thomas thought as the battle began. We managed to sneak in, trash the sub pen, and free the Saturdays, without them knowing? "Holy Crap! The plan worked! Freedom League, Advance!", he called out, raking fire amongst the Mantas on the far catwalk.

OoC wrote:Initiative 1d20+4=21
Next, I'll pick three Mantas on row 5 within 5 squares of one another and autofire on multiple targets.
1d20+(12-5)7=19 :) 1d20+(12-5)7=8 :x 1d20+(12-5)7=9 :|
Toughness DC 25 for the one (two?) I hit.
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 0 Luck: 2 Condition: Fine

Initiative Check (1d20+7=19)

Marcus quickly leaped from the railing to the floor beneath, landing with a tumble before he popped up in the middle of the largest group of Manta's men and went to work.

If I'm allowed to act, Marcus is going to spend a luck point to pick Takedown and then take ten on attacking the mooks.
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room