Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

New Freedom League [IC: 5]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 am

((bumping......))
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby ClassDunce » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 1 (-1) Condition: Fine

Marcus ducked behind another crate for cover as he reached the largest group of workers on the dock. After pausing to assess where everyone else in their tasks he slipped out of cover and silently attacked the group of men. His trident spinning around him and striking out at his enemies like a snake before pulling back again and again.

Initiative Check (1d20+7=9)
Since they’re probably mooks I’m just going to take ten and I’m going to spend a HP to pick up takedown attack again.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am

In the Docking Bay: Within seconds the three of you spring into action; Avatar targeting the hanging subs while Otakumon and Sea-King deal with Devil Ray's men respectively.

The petal-like blades of energy, directed by Avatar, easily sever the cables holding up the majority of the suspended subs, sending them crashing down. Some land in the water while others hit the floor of the docking bay, destroying dozens of crates as the armored men scatter for their lives.

Unfortunately that sends them right to Sea-King, who makes short work of them all in a dervish of punches, kicks and trident clubbings which leaves them all unconscious on the floor of the dock.

Meanwhile Otakumon expertly targets the four men on the catwalks with his anime blaster, it's four short blasts quickly silencing any possible alarm they might have raised.

Within only a few seconds it's all over, with the three of you standing tall over the broken bodies of Devil Ray's men.


OOC wrote:I'll say that Avatar hits 6 of the subs, 3 of them land in the water and only suffer minor damage (they still function but are in the water without an easy means of boarding them) while the other 3 are trashed when they hit the floor of the dock.

Otakumon will use Anime Beam (taking 10 and using the walking option of Autofire) to attack the 4 'supervisors' on the catwalks, which hits them.
Their saves are here, which they all fail and are out cold.

Sea-King wades into melee with the other minions (all 10 of them), their group save is here, they all failed as well.

There are 3 doors leading out of the bay, all accessible by the catwalks. Left to right their numbered 1, 2, 3.

Which way are you folks going?
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Kaisius » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Otakumon
HP: 4 LP: 0
Cond: normal

"Well....That wasn't such a chore, now was it?", Thomas says, as Marcus takes down the last Manta. Looking at the control panel he has landed next to on the catwalk, it doesn't appear that any alarm has been raised...yet. No flashing red lights or 'INTRUDER ALERT' sounds...we may have the initiative for a little longer, he mused hopefully. "Well, gentlemen, there are three doors and three of us. Which one do we cape-rush first?", he asks, eyeing door #2.
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
User avatar
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus
HP: 0 Luck: 2 Condition: Fine

Marcus made easy work of the Manta's. Only one put up any kind of a decent fight but even it was over in seconds when the Crown Prince of Atlantis feinted with an open left hand, forcing the man to pull his hands up high to protect his eyes, and then snatched two of the Manta's fingers causing them to break with a loud snap as he twisted the arm back forcing him to his knees where the heel of Marcus's boot found contact with the side of his face.

The entire fight was over far to quickly for his taste. As he rejoined the others he shook his head, "I'm starting to believe that Shemp was the best of them... I would wager all the treasure in Saturn's vaults that I could have bested this lot when I nine years old and bare ass naked."

Otakumon wrote:"Well, gentlemen, there are three doors and three of us. Which one do we cape-rush first?"


Marcus ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the three doors. "One is as good as the next if we don't know what's behind any of them." He shrugged. "Door number two is fine with me. What say we all?"
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony shrugged. "I say door number 3. But first, we have to finish destroying these subs. Don't want to risk Ray skipping out on us again."

With that, he turned back to the subs, using the Kido he had access to now to destroy the rest of them.

Its up to T-Man how long this takes, but between the three of us, we should be able the subs unusable fairly quickly.
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am

It doesn't take more than a few seconds worth of effort between Avatar and Otakumon to finish rendering the remaining subs unusable with the powers they have at their command. Then with the group favoring the second door the three of you make your way down a long hallway that opens up into what is clearly a lab of some kind, but nobody is in it at the moment.

There are only a few tables in it, and the majority of them are covered with a variaty of chemistry equipment as well as parts one would expect to find in an workshop that specialized in electronics. On the far end of one table is a device that is identical to the one Sea-King removed from Gigantasaur's head that looks to be in the process of being put together and is mostly done. There is another door on the far wall and towards the right of the lab is a short corridor that leads somewhere else.

As you walk about the lab looking everything over all of you hear a man's voice calling out, coming from the other part of the lab.

"We're not doing anything else for you bastards! Do you hear me? Not until you show us our son is safe!"

Following the sound of the voice you find a man and a woman being held in a improvised cell that has what looks to be a clear glass front. Both of them are wearing black and orange jumpsuit like outfits. The man is well built with dark hair that has a white streak covering the top of his head and a nasty looking old scar over his right eye, while the woman has solid white hair and the build of a person who looks to be in good physical condition.

The man is right at the glass wall, beating on it with a frustrated look on his face while the woman is sitting on one of the two beds that have been crammed into the space. Her eyes expertly watch the three of you while she remains quiet.

The man stops when he sees the three of you and takes a step back. "Who are you? Did Devil Ray send you in to force us to keep working?"


the man & woman wrote:It'd be a Knowledge [Pop Culture] DC 10 to recognize the two of them.
---
Image

Image
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby ClassDunce » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Sea-King II - Marcus

Mystery Man wrote:"Who are you? Did Devil Ray send you in to force us to keep working?"


"I'm Marcus Son of Theseus and the Crown Prince of Atlantis. I bully for no man." He answered as approached the cages and looked the two of them over with a friendly smile and a wink for the lady. "These are my brothers. Otakumon and Avatar. We're with the Freedom League."

He looked the jails over and then over to Avatar and Otakumon, it was clear that he though they should let them out but it wasn't in his wheelhouse. "I plan to grind Devil Ray beneath my boot. Would this be something you would approve of?"
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Kaisius » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Otakumon
HP: 4 LP: 0
Cond: Normal

"Drs. Solomon and Drew Saturday, the world's foremost cryptozoologists. A number of things suddenly make a lot more sense. Step back a bit, Doctor, we'll have you out in a minute.", Thomas says, bringing his beam rifle to his shoulder. Aiming carefully, he uses it like a cutting torch on the cell door. "We'll have you two and Zack back together shortly."

OoC wrote: Is that check for our characters or for us? :D
Jack of All Trades let me roll Kn: Pop Culture at INT which is 1d20+4=15
Anime Beam on the door has a Toughness DC 25, unless Autofire plays a role. (I'm not sure, since I'm assuming I don't need to roll to hit.)
"I am not a big, fat panda....I am THE big, fat panda."-Po, Kung Fu Panda
Otakumon in New Freedom League.
Jackson Wright in Valor Unlimited.
User avatar
Kaisius
Partisan
Partisan
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 am

Sea-King II wrote:
Mystery Man wrote:"Who are you? Did Devil Ray send you in to force us to keep working?"


"I'm Marcus Son of Theseus and the Crown Prince of Atlantis. I bully for no man." He answered as approached the cages and looked the two of them over with a friendly smile and a wink for the lady. "These are my brothers. Otakumon and Avatar. We're with the Freedom League."


The man looks to the woman for a moment and they share a quick smile.

Sea-King wrote:He looked the jails over and then over to Avatar and Otakumon, it was clear that he though they should let them out but it wasn't in his wheelhouse. "I plan to grind Devil Ray beneath my boot. Would this be something you would approve of?"


The man turns back to face you and nods. "You have no idea just how much I would approve of such an action Prince Marcus."

The woman rises up from her seat. "Right after we find Zak that is."

The man glances over. "Of course."

The women clenches her fists. "Then I knock several of Devil Ray's teeth out of his head."

"Through his ear."

The man puts a reassuring hand on the woman's shoulder. "Komodo wouldn't let anything bad happen to Zak, I'm sure he's fine."

The woman briefly touches the man's hand. "Devil Ray won't be able to say the same when I'm done with him."

Otakumon wrote:"Drs. Solomon and Drew Saturday, the world's foremost cryptozoologists. A number of things suddenly make a lot more sense. Step back a bit, Doctor, we'll have you out in a minute.", Thomas says, bringing his beam rifle to his shoulder. Aiming carefully, he uses it like a cutting torch on the cell door. "We'll have you two and Zack back together shortly."



Doc Saturday and Drew both step back several steps as you set to work and within a few moments time you've cut the door open, which Drew propmtly kicks open and hurries out followed closely by her husband. "Thanks. We need to grab our gear, Devil Ray is probably keeping it in his armory." He says.

"One of the Mantas said that they were keeping Zak at our camp." Drew says coolly

"They've got their hands full then." Doc answers back with a smirk before looking at the three of you.


OOC wrote:Yeah, that check was for your characters. :wink:
And no roll needed, the Anime cuts through the door with no trouble.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:51 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Now he'd remembered where he'd seen their faces before. Some boring academic journal that occassionaly had interesting chemistry pieces had done a piece on them. He'd only skimmed it, though.

"You mentioned someone called 'Komodo.' Who's that?" He asked Drew before he motioned to Solomon. "Point us to the armory, then, and stay behind us, if you wouldn't mind."
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 am

"Komodo is a 250-pound genetically altered Komodo Dragon we encountered a couple of years ago in Mexico that we adopted, he became protective of Zak after he was born." Drew answers.

Doc answers Avatar's other question. "I think we can get to the armory through the hall to our left.


OOC wrote:Doc's talking about the hall behind door #1 from the docking bay.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 am

Tony MacKenzie/Avatar

Tony moved to head in that direction, motioning to the others to follow him. "So, do you mind giving us the full story on how you came to be here? You must have seen and heard some important things."
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am

Both the Saturdays follow after Avatar, as they answer his question. "We'd come to Kaiju Island to study how the different cryptids co-exist in this contained environment." Doc says.

"It was a long term study, we'd been here for three months already when Devil Ray and his goon squad showed up the first time." Drew adds. "They disabled our ship so we couldn't get off the island and after two days in the wild they finally caught us."

"They caught Zak specifically after seperating us during a chase." Doc interjects, his tone of voice makes it clear this isn't a pleasant memory and Drew's face mirrors the sentiment as she continues.

"After that Devil Ray used the data we'd already gathered on different cryptids to find certain ones and then used some of our equipment to capture them."

By this time you arrive at the armory. It's a heavy built door that has a computer keypad lock.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: New Freedom League [IC: 3]: Devil-A-Saurus

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:27 am

((bumping.........))
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests