New Freedom League [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: New Freedom League [OOC]

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:21 am

ClassDunce wrote:There's a huge difference between coming up short and coming up pathetic lol. I don't mind being the Worf everyonce and a while though.

Yeah, I was at a sci-fi convention once and Michael Dorn said he felt the official greeting for anyone who came aboard the Enterprise should have been; "Welcome to the Enterprise. Would you like to beat up Worf?"

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 am

ClassDunce wrote:Also that old battle axe wouldn't happen to have ranks in penetrating would it?

No, just a normal axe.

Nice try though.

I'm sure Marcus will have plenty of opportunity to lay hands on something that does here in a while..... :twisted:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Is it narcissism if one of your characters hits on another one of your characters? ;}

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 pm

If so, wouldn't that make every romance author ever a narcissist?

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Shock wrote:Is it narcissism if one of your characters hits on another one of your characters? ;}

Probably. It's already established, through fiction, that Dovetail is the kind of woman that Marcus want's to marry lol. He's a king but he's also a warrior and he admires that trait in her. Even though she would have no interest in him at all. Graham would very clumsily hit on Marcus in the most embarrassingly awkward way possible.

I don't know if it's narcissism but it makes sense for the characters to me *shrugs*. None of these characters, well maybe Graham just a little, are anything like me since I tend to avoid that. I don't think it says anything psychologically about me. Or it might. I honestly don't know. I'm a social worker not a Psychiatrist even though we had to take a lot of the same classes.

Arthur Eld wrote:If so, wouldn't that make every romance author ever a narcissist?

We're all a little bit narcissistic, just slightly. It can actually be endearing in some people. Look at CM Punk, it's made him semi-famous.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm not certain about narcissism, but it is one way to guarantee a particular interaction plays out the way you envision it. From the standpoint of story creation, it's much easier to achieve the desired result with a single author than a collaboration. Multiple POV's, while interesting can cause a scene to play out much differently than the initiator of said scene might intend.

That would be my personal assessment.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

It was suggested that a joined OOC Thread for the crossover be used, so there's a link to it gang.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri May 02, 2014 9:00 am

With the move to the new forum happening it's time for me to share something with all of you - after the crossover adventure with FORCE Ops the Freedom League game will be closing.

Unfortunately RL has become fairly demanding and is requiring more of my time, which leaves me less time than I'd like for running games. Some of you already knew this was going to happen but it was time to let everyone know.

I'd like to thank each of you for coming to play in this sandbox of mine and making this game a great load of fun for me to run.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:20 pm

awww darn and I wa shaving a balst with Stars and looking forward to some hinted at plots
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Don't worry, I still intend to use those plot points. Stars will just be a guest NPC instead, I figured you wouldn't mind doubling up when that time came. :wink:

-- Chiun

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri May 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Uhhhh....

I guess since Sally will soon cease to exist I need to come up with a good way to have her terminated.

If we're talking about a short enough time period, is it better to red shirt her and send her out to be destroyed now?

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Don't worry, I still intend to use those plot points. Stars will just be a guest NPC instead, I figured you wouldn't mind doubling up when that time came. :wink:

Oh heck yeah

Stars has some great plot points with Liz, and theres the Atlantean thing we discussed which I am super stoked for, add in Id still love a shot at playing Red in your universe.

Just so much fun and potential.

hell id love to see Panda come back :mrgreen:

Uhhhh....

I guess since Sally will soon cease to exist I need to come up with a good way to have her terminated.

If we're talking about a short enough time period, is it better to red shirt her and send her out to be destroyed now?

Heck no sallys awesome the games may not be played any more but that's nor reason toe xpect the worst.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am

catsi563 wrote:Oh heck yeah

Stars has some great plot points with Liz, ~snip~

Yep.

catsi563 wrote:~snip~ and theres the Atlantean thing we discussed which I am super stoked for,~snip~

Unfortunately that plot idea has basically died with CD's departure from the board. They can't all be salvaged apparently.... :cry:

catsi563 wrote:~snip~ add in Id still love a shot at playing Red in your universe.

Just so much fun and potential.

hell id love to see Panda come back :mrgreen:

Maybe once RL slows down a bit for me, I might try one of the other game ideas I have (of 5-6 total). So anything is possible. :wink:

Spectrum wrote:Uhhhh....

Let me be clear about this - Sally only has to pass on ONLY if that's what you want to happen. I'm of a mind that the League will continue on in the setting even if the game isn't still going. I planned on referencing them in the other 2 games from time to time.

If you want her to make that 'noble sacrifice' during this big fight, I'm fine with it. But if not that's totally fine by me as well.

-- Chiun

Return to “M&M Game Room”