Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

New Freedom League [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: New Freedom League [OOC-Recruiting Closed]

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 am

TM paces himself. I'd rather have someone who posts intermittently with quality and consistency, rather than your typical flurry of initial posts and then...burnout.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 am

No, I'm talking about the players, not TM. GM TM is good from what I've seen.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

LOL at IC. Just as a note, it's always better to live with a bad Reflex save and save your reroll for the Toughness save unless you have Evasion and can eliminate the Toughness save with a good roll.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:No, I'm talking about the players, not TM. GM TM is good from what I've seen.

So it's just the players who are doing bad. Thanks for clearing that up we appreciate the criticism.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am

Shock wrote:LOL at IC. Just as a note, it's always better to live with a bad Reflex save and save your reroll for the Toughness save unless you have Evasion and can eliminate the Toughness save with a good roll.

Eh..... ~shrug~ At least as the GM I still have the option to Fiat as needed.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

ClassDunce wrote:
EnigmaticOne wrote:No, I'm talking about the players, not TM. GM TM is good from what I've seen.

So it's just the players who are doing bad. Thanks for clearing that up we appreciate the criticism.

It's just that I'm a bit excited and impatient, and there's been quite a wait, as AFAIK, it's been TM bumping you guys. If you've had legit reasons for the delay, I apologize and understand. All of the writing looks good, just the wait that gets me. :)
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 am

Not to sound toooo stalkerish :shock:

But I've been really enjoying reading all of TM's other series, up to date on Albright, about p 100 (as of last night) in FORCEops.

Its a good way to enjoy the TM experience while waiting on the sidelines, frothing with anticipation.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:56 am

Spectrum wrote:Not to sound toooo stalkerish :shock:

But I've been really enjoying reading all of TM's other series, up to date on Albright, about p 100 (as of last night) in FORCEops.

Its a good way to enjoy the TM experience while waiting on the sidelines, frothing with anticipation.

I should do that too. :D
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

As we're in the middle of the big fight & the end coming pretty quick (based on how my rolls are going that is) I thought I'd throw out an reminder to the current players;

The 3e versions of your characters need to be worked up still. I don't know if you've got them done and have just been sitting on them or RL has been busy for you 3 (as I know it can get from time to time) but now would be a good point to get those posted and any kinks worked out before we start the next adventure.

Thanks.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am

I'll be getting a post up for Avatar soon (I was kind of hoping one of his teammates would take the opportunity to attack the bound Devil Ray), and after that, I'll whip up his 3E version. Since I'm just going to be using Variable, it shouldn't take too long.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Sea-King II 3e - PL 11

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 11, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 5

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Attractive 2, Benefit (Crown Prince of Atlantis), Evasion, Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Environment (Underwater), Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Trident: Strength-based Damage 5), Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Languages 1, Leadership, Luck 2, Power Attack, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 11 (+14), Athletics 4 (+10), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise (Earth Sciences) 2 (+2), Expertise (Tactics) 8 (+8), Expertise (Theoligy and Philosiphy) 6 (+6), Insight 9 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+10), Perception 7 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+12), Stealth 5 (+8)

Powers
Atlantean Physioligy: Immunity 3 (Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Pressure, Suffocation: Drowning)
Movement: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Underwater)
Net-Caster (Removable)
. . Affliction: Affliction 11 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Extra Condition, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Reach (melee) 3 (15 ft.); Limited Degree)
Orichalcum Armor (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious)
Senses: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Ultra-hearing)
Swimming: Swimming 4 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Leaping: Leaping 2 (Alternate; Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
. . Speed: Speed 3 (Alternate; Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Trident of Atlantis (Easily Removable)
. . Trident: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Reach (melee) (5 ft.))

Offense
Initiative +7
Affliction: Affliction 11, +11 (DC Dog/Fort 21)
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Trident: Strength-based Damage 5, +11 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 21)

Languages
Atlantean, English

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 36 + Advantages 21 + Skills 22 (66 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 166

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Complications:

The Crown Prince of Atlantis (Responsibility): Marcus is the crowned prince of Atlantis and the next in line for the throne. His primary duty is to this people and his nation and to do what is right for them.

Are You Not Entertained! (Recognition): The primary reason that Marcus is on the Surface world and a member of the Freedom League is to build a legend for himself in order to win the hearts and imaginations of the people of Atlantis. In order to do this he has to be noticed, he has to perform deeds that will be placed in the songs and poems of his people.
Last edited by ClassDunce on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: New Freedom League Game 2e [Interest/Recruitment]

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 am

PL 11 170pp

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9/5, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Powers
Chosen Champion Enhanced Fighting 4, Enhanced Dodge 4 12
Tapping the Collective Unconscious Variable 12, Quirk-must be able to speak 83

Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Improved Initiative, Luck, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 4

Skills: Deception 4 (+6), Expertise (science) 8 (+10), Expertise (current events) 4 (+6), Perception 7 (+8), Insight 7 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +9 Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 10/6 (4), Parry 10/6 (1)
Toughness 6/4, Fortitude 7 (3), Will 10 (9)

Abilities 40+Powers 95+Advantages 10+Skills 13+Defenses 17=173

Complications
D.I.D. From time to time, the personalities of the archetypes Tony calls upon can influence his mind, causing him to act in an uncharacteristic fashion.
No instruction manual Certain manifestations of Tony's powers are difficult to control, especially when he calls upon someone's powers for the first time. This can range from shorting out nearby electrical devices when he channeled Static's powers, or the massive headaches that using psionic powers tends to bring out in him.

So here's 3E Avatar. His forms will be built on less forms this time (60 instead of 70) but he's more versatile. Other than that, he's basically the same guy.

Powersets wrote:Analytical Genius-Enhanced Active Defenses 4-Quirk only against targeted attacks, Enhanced Advantages 4: Skill Mastery 2 (Perception, Investigation), Eidetic Memory, Ultimate Investigation, Enhanced Intellect 5, Enhanced Awareness 5, Enhanced Skills-Investigation 13, Perception 8, Technology 9, Insight 9

Byaukuya Kuchiki Enhanced Stamina 2, Shunpo-Enhanced Active Defenses 3 , Enhanced Defensive Roll 2
, Snare 13, AE: Blast 13, Mutlattack, AE: Cone Damage 11, Speed 3, Leaping 4

Lady Liberty-Enhanced Strength 9, DAE: Flight 7, Enhanced Skills 9: Close Combat (unarmed) 2, Persuasion 7, , Environment 11 (Light 2, Healing 11, Nullify 11 (binding/imprisoning effects, Simultaneous)), Protection 7, Enhanced Advantages-Defensive Attack, Teamwork

EDIT--upped ranged attack by 1, same with Defensive roll and bumped Insight and Perception up one notch each.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Huzzahsucker?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 am

Shock wrote:Huzzahsucker?

Sounds about right to me.

CD - Sea-King looks good but he doesn't quite match up to the Atlanteans Template I worked up a while ago. Just a couple of minor things really; a couple ranks of power lifting (a couple ranks of Enhanced Strength [Limited to Lifting], Movement 2 [Environmental Adaptation (Underwater)], and a rank of Senses [Ultrahearing]). Adding those in would only cost around 5 pp (I think off the top of my head, if you go with 2 ranks of Enhanced Strength that is). Otherwise I've got no other issues with him.

Arthur - Avatar came out alright looking I'd just ask that as you throw in some pre-built stats for his channeled forms (Lady Liberty, White Knight & such). Like at the end of his build for me to be able to have for reference, that would help. Otherwise I don't see anything that jumps out at me as in need of altering.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 am

Make his speed and leaping a single alt power to save 1 pp.

then use that 1 pp for Powerlifitng add Supermovement 2pp and thats 165 even
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room