[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [3E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]

Postby kenseido » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Feral

The man-beast, still reeling from Graft's attack, targets the newly visible Sun Eagle again with another viscous claw attack.

Feral Power Attacks (-5/+5) Sun Eagle 29
Thats a critical. Increased effect is chosen. Toughness save is DC30.

Graft and L'ombre and up next.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Postby veguto » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 am

Sun Eagle
HP: 0 Cnd: Angry
-1 Circumstance

Feral Power Attacks (-5/+5) Sun Eagle 29
Thats a critical. Increased effect is chosen. Toughness save is DC30.

OOC
1d20+8-1=14
That's four degrees of failure right? Incapacitated.

Ferals claws dig deep leaving Sun Eagle back pedaling. He raises his fists to counter attack, but the strength quickly flees his body.

Beast! I'll finish you yet... just neeeeed... to catch myyyy breath...
Last edited by veguto on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read Pile
Invincible
Siege (aka Crossover Madness)
Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 am

Sun Eagle

Feral roars in delight as his foe falls backwards to the ground from his violent attack. The blood on the beast's face and claws only serves to fuel his rage.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:36 am

Graft
HP: 2 (0) Cnd: Fine

"You would do better to focus your attention on me." As he spoke, Graft circled around Feral, launching a flurry of blows at the werebeast. "Before I put you down like the mad dog you are." The punches were a diversion, however, for the powerful kick Graft directed at his opponents abdomen.

Move: Feint as move (1d20+9=12)
HP to re-roll (1d20+9=24)
Std: HP for Power Attack +5/-5 (1d20+9=28)
Increased effect chosen on the critical, Tou DC 31
Last edited by McGuffin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Your flury of blows hide your kick perfectly. The poweful blow lands on the back of the man-beast's head sending him reeling. Still conscious, he is defintiely moving much slower.

Insight roll: 16
He is flat-footed, not that it matters.
Toughness Save: 19 3rd degree failure.

L'ombre is up.

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:53 pm

L'ombre Noire
HP: 2 Cnd: -1 to future toughness saves

Dammit, White! Not only can't I remedy the situation, with the reporters way over there, but if anything, you've made us look even more guilty! Annette snarls internally. Whatever, I'll do what I can. Turning to the crowd still around her, she tries her best, calmest voice, to talk them down "Don't worry. I'm not out to harm anybody. This woman, she's the leader of the group that attacked here. I'm merely trying to keep her from getting away."

Favored environment to Defense, this round
HP for beginner's Luck, to gain Persuasion (+5) (down to 3)
1d20+5=25 Persuasion Roll to convince the crowd, still around, that I'm nonhostile. Nat 20, if that makes a difference.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

L'ombre Noire

The some of the crowd around you seem to stop, confused by your words and the actions that oppose them. Others continue to scream in hysterics. A few have actually taken up angry threats towards you regarding attacking the helpless reporter.

The woman you pinned continues to sob for mercy and plead for her life.

Nice roll, but circumstance penalties and other unknown factors continue to hamper you. Take an HP for blowing the 20.

Tank

Smiling at Savant, Tank swings another armored guantlet at him. Savant is able to just dodge out of the way of the armored ones blow.

Attack Roll: 17

Savant is up, then Sun Eagle.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:12 am

Savant
HP: 3 Cnd: Scheming and Dreaming

Dancing about the Armored Assaultant, Savant's eye's flow across the field of combat when they see anamolies. Oblivivious to the chaos around him, a tech with a local news team was still hunched over a soundboard with headphones on...he sees another man simply blend into the chaos and move with it till he disappears....a woman that, a messenger of some sort that runs through the crowd and eventually sprints ahead of the mass

Like a rush, the idea forms in Jon's head. Boradcast sound....tightwave sounds....rigging the equioment for more power...tight casting the signal....then with a grin that would do a crocodile proud, Savant dances in under Tank again moving through the crowd and sifting through them....blending with them...vanishing amoung them, all the while moving towards the tech with the soundboard.

OK...using HP to "EDIT" the scene. Savant is looking for solutions to equalize the playing field abit. It's a strtech what I want to try and "COPY"...but a Sound Tech's skills, maybe he is an idiot savant(he he) when it comes to electronics and sound equipment, able to do more with less? Anyways...use his skills to try and override Tank's sound system in his power armor. Tight beam blaring noise into his helmet. LOOOONNGG stretch....but something. Rearrange skills to match what I need too...

OK Drop Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold and Takedown....Add skills Technology 8(+9), Expertise: Radiowave Transmission 6(+7), Stealth 10(+11)(From L'Sombre from before), Skill Mastery: Technology, Hide in Plain Sight and hoping for the tech to BE a master of invention? Inventor advantage? What ever I can get from them, anything. That would BLOW all of the remaining points in Reflex Memory. Assuming that it is possible here are the rolls...Stealth Roll (1d20+11=20), Technology Roll for changing the broadcast (1d20+9=29) CRIT SKILL....woohoo. Burn another HP to REROLL Stealth skill:Stealth again (1d20+11=30)...MUCH better. Now...if it is all feasible? Let's PUMP UP THE SOUND!

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Savant

While the armor's systems are sophisticated, the comm systems aren't the most well protected. Pulling wires from the back of his helmet, two wires stand out. Crossing the helmet microphone line with the radio lines creates feedback like holding a mic next to a speaker. Tank's jerks his head and staggers forward.

All three villians, plus the reporter L'ombre has pinned, her two camerman, and some people in the crowd screaming threats at L'ombre all react as if something loud was shouted into their ear.

One of the more unusal uses of an HP, but I will let it fly.
Tank rolls Technology (Engineering) for countermeasures in the armor: 14.
You won by 15, so I'll turn that into a Rank 7 Dazzle. FORT save 14. Hearing impaired.
I'll throw in an added bonus for good measure.

Sun Eagle is Incapacitated. Mr White is up.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Mr White hp 2 cond-fatigued

White sighed when he saw his ally go down at the deadly claws of Feral. "Bad Dog!" he yelled to the villain as if scolding a pet. Concentrating, he tried to fling Fido against something high and hard.
OOC:
Since Move Object has a duration of concentration White still has it.

Free: Keep Move Object 10 Cone Area
Mov: Give Move Object a +1 str making it Strength 11
Std: Move Object 10 to fling Feral
Grab Check 1d20+11=31
So Feral has to make a Dodge vs Area DC 20. If he Fails the area save he needs to Make a Dodge or Str DC 31 if he makes the area save then the DC is 26?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Mr White

Despite moving slower from injuries, the beastman is able to dodge your telekinetic grab.

Dodge vs Area Effect: 22
Dodge vs Grab: 32

Feral and Graft make Perception checks.

Crag

Crag charges the woman as another white-blue ball of flame impacts him. This time, the attack has no effect. Crag backhands the woman sending her flying into the stage. Her unconscious form collapses to the ground. The large stone figure glares down menacingly at the wheelchair bound ex-hero.

Esper

The woman continue to cry and plead for mercy as some more of the crowd begin yelling threats at L'ombre.

Bad PCs, nobody went to save the NPCs.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 am

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Graft looked up from his injured opponent to see the stony behemoth backhand Miss Winters into the stage. Leaving a wounded enemy standing at his rear was tactically unsound but Impact had taught him that being a hero sometimes meant making tactically unwise decisions to 'do the right thing'. Regardless of their former status, Miss Winters and Mister Roberts were definitely civilians in this situation. "Mister White, I believe I requested you leave the dog to me and focus on the mountain, his mind should prove no difficulty to you."

Graft's momentary distraction proved costly as Feral raked his claws across the golem's side. Graft gritted his teet against the pain and swung for Feral. Apparently he couldn't afford to count his opponent out until the beast-man was down for the count.

Last edited by McGuffin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 am

Mr. White
McGuffin wrote:Graft
[color=#BF0000]"Mister White, I believe I requested you leave the dog to me and focus on the mountain, his mind should prove no difficulty to you."

"What can I say? I enjoy a challenge." quipped back to his Pacthworked ally. He had qualms about joining the group as it was. The results of his performance and his allies' grating tendencies to tell him what he was doing wrong only served to cement his initial worries.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 am

Graft

This was perhaps the strongest semblance to emotions the team had seen from Graft. He was, simply put, annoyed. "Our team is already functioning sub-optimally because of lack of experience working together. The opposite is true for our adversaries. Your boredom may very well risk further lives."

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 am

MR WHITE
McGuffin wrote:Graft

This was perhaps the strongest semblance to emotions the team had seen from Graft. He was, simply put, annoyed. "Our team is already functioning sub-optimally because of lack of experience working together. The opposite is true for our adversaries. Your boredom may very well risk further lives."

Trust me Graft I am a telepath. I...get...it.... Mr. White replied in the construct's head.
OOC:

Sorry IC was squirrelly earlier. The "frames" wouldn't load properly?
Perception (1d20+14=30)

Return to “M&M Game Room”