[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Re: [3E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:54 pm

L'Ombre Noire
HP: 3 Condition: Bruised (x1), But otherwise fine

Annette spots the Illusory woman among a couple cameramen. She didn't know why they were there, but she guessed that the the woman was a mentalist, and the cameramen weren't just there to film the evening news. She sidesteps the other fighters, and makes a Bee-line to the trio. In other situations, she'd use her stealth, but she is fairly sure that if the foe is a mentalist, she wouldn't be able to hide from the foe's psychic senses. She performed a couple presicion strikes on the cameramen, just in case they'd try to run off, before swinging wildly, at least for her standards, at the woman's head, before sliding her arm around the woman's neck, her own knee on her back, just to try to keep her from escaping.

Taking the Favored Environment to Defense, this round, so I'm +16 Parry and Dodge (so DC 26) for this round.
Using an HP to recover Fatigue. Down to 3
Move towards them. If needed Athletics check (1d20+13=32) to move at Movement speed +1
I assume that the cameramen are minions, so I take 10 on attacking the first one, and use Takedown to attack the second one taking 10 as before. Power attacking for 5 on both means 22 vs their parrys, and DC 23 Damage.
Extra effort to attack the woman Power Attack for 5, DC 23 (1d20+12=24) If she hits, she'll initiate a grab, DC 15 (or 20, if you rule that power attack affects grab resistance too), against the better of strength or Dodge.
Last edited by ScourgeXLVII on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Scourge, I should have posted this earlier. You can change L'ombre's action.

With your Perception roll you see exactly where the attack came from. A woman, who looks similar to the illusion, wearing a Press ID lying on the ground, holding a microphone. Lying next to her is a camera man, with a camera pointed directly at you and the villians. Another camera man is on the ground perfectly setup on the stage. They look completely unaffected by the Crag's stomp, as if they were already on the ground and ready for it.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:59 pm

I edited the post. I assumed that the Cameramen were minions, but if not, then disregard the extra effort, and make the attack on Esper the first attack
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 pm

L'ombre moves like lightning. The two camera men fall under precision strikes from the heroine.
The final blows lands hard against the woman, and L'ombre easily turn the blow into a grab, pinning the woman.

A scream erupts from the crowd. "The heroes are attacking the reporters!" Cries a woman. L'ombre looks up to see several cameras pointed at her and the woman she pinned.

Though stunned by the attack, a small smile creeps on pinned reporter's face. "Thanks, you were perfect," she says softly.

Camera men don't even qualify as PL1. They both fail the save auomatically.
Esper Toughness save: 18 Two degrees of failure. -1 Toughness saves and Dazed for 1 round.
L'ombre gets an HP for the complication.

Tank

The Armored foes calls out to Savant. "I guess your girlfriend is afraid to fight us and has to resort to picking on innocent civilians. Guess we can play." He throws a more than competent punch at the hero.

Tank makes an Accurate Attack (+2/-2) against Savant: 22, Toughness save DC25.
Savant can mimic Accurate Attack.

Savant is up, followed by Sun Eagle.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:06 am

Savant
HP: 2 Cnd: Cocky and Hopping

With a quick backflip, Savant bleeds off some of Tank's piston-like strike," She does what she can...unlike you who hide in a Tin Can!" Taking a moment, Savant begins to scan up and down Tank's armor...his penetrating gaze searching for anything he can use.

Toughness roll with Defensive Roll (1d20+5=23)Rolling with the impact. As his feet hit the ground, the master mimic will try and find a way to literally take the suit off of Tank. Barring that, he will try to find ANY weakspot/advantage he can: Assessment/Insight (1d20+10=15)....uggh: REROLL/HeroPoint Insight Reroll (1d20 +10=22)...slightly better. And finally Perception (1d20+9=25)
Last edited by Shadowbourne on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:28 am

We are not rolling for Dodge or Parry in this game. The standard 10+Defense bonus is in effect. Rolling for Defense takes to long in a PBP game. Tank's shot hit you. Please adjust your post.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Graft

The fast moving beast almost eludes your strike, but your secodn effort turns a miss into a hit. The blow lands solidly and the man-beast looks dazed by your blow.

Feral TOU save DC21: 16. Two degress of failure. -1 on Toughness saves and Dazed for 1 round.

Still waiting for Savant to roll his Toughness save, and possibly change his action.

After that, Sun Eagle is up.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Savant

Save the HP, Assessment allows you to compare the combat abilities of your opponent to yours.
From your roll, you can tell the armor enhances his combat skills to about equal to yours.
There is no obvious weakness in the armor.
With your Perception roll, you do see the Blast that hit L'ombre was fired by the reporter she is now pinned to the ground. Obviously, you notice the crowd reactions to it all.

Savant can still take an action, then up next is Sun Eagle.

veguto
Henchman
Henchman

Postby veguto » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Sun Eagle
HP: 1 Cnd: Angry
-1 Circumstance

After the last vicious attack Sun Eagle decides not to hold back on Feral. Talons bared he attacks the beast.

OOC
1d20+8+5=17
HP reroll - 1d20+8+5=15+10=25

DC23 save if I hit.
Read Pile
Invincible
Siege (aka Crossover Madness)
Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:49 am

Sun Eagle

Sun Eagle's blow lands, but the man-beast is able to twist just enough to keep his opponent's talons from breaking skin. He gives Sun Eagle a snarl for his troubles.

Toughness Save 24
How come I never roll this well when I am playing? Can IC detect when a GM is rolling vs a player?

Note, be a little more descriptive in your movements, and Feral may lose track of you and thus become flat-footed. Invisible foes who stand right there and "punch" it out are easy to keep track of.

Mr White is up.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Mr White HP 1 Cond: Fatigued (next turn)

White grimaced. There were too many civilians present. Which would likely get someone killed....and the cameras didn't help either. So the Mystery-Man dropped his mental invisibility and concentrated on moving the civilians he saw away from the battle in an orderly and telekinetic fashion. As White strained a trickle of blood began to come from his nose.
OOC:
Free: Extra Effort to Power Stunt off of Psionic Blast to get
Move Object 8 [Area-Cone. Reduced Range-Close, Selective]
Std: Use Move on Large congregation of civilians to move up to 6 tons of them gently away from the battle.
Mov: Nope
Last edited by hero4hire on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 pm

You are outside of the building, in front of it in fact. This all happened at end of the speech. You are still up on stage with Sun Eagle, Graft, and Feral

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Mr White

Many of the reporters and guests start panicking and screaming as you lift them out of the way. As you move them away from the conflict, many of them calm down but some are still behaving hysterically.

Crag

Nods his head, "Right." Using the opening in the crowd, he charges forward towards the stage. Quickly, the heroes realize that he is not heading for them, but to the members of the council sitting at the front row. He charges right towards Allison Winters and Jamey Roberts in his newely uprighted wheelchair.

An angry glare forms on Allison's face, she looks down at her palm. A ball of blue-white flame forms in her hand and she tosses it at the large man-mountain. The flame strike him square in the chest, erupting flame across his chest and head. It is unclear of the fire damaged the stone form but it did cause him to stop in his tracks.

Esper

"Oh my god! Help me! Please, I didn't do anything! Don't hurt me, please!" The woman's shrieks draw the attention of many more cameras and reporters. She doesn't show any sign of resisting your hold or making any other aggressive movement.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 pm

End of Round 2

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Mr White
kenseido wrote:

Many of the reporters and guests start panicking and screaming as you lift them out of the way. As you move them away from the conflict, many of them calm down but some are still behaving hysterically.

White pawed at his nosebleed and clucked his tongue. I knew I should've just controlled their minds.

Return to “M&M Game Room”