[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Magic Wars

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:48 am

Dash
Condition: Normal > Stunned, Bruised / HP: 1+2 = 3 / Free Surge: 1

The robots are remarkably powerful and well-built for killer bot minions. Dash nimbly ducks, leaps and jinks through the flurry of attacks, rolling away from a laser blast and just barely avoiding a blowtorch and cannon shell that whistles past her cheek. "Not good enough, you cheap tin --"

The rest of her taunt dies in a scream as a fourth robot ducks in under her guard, and slices her from right shoulder to left thigh with a circular saw. If she had been a normal girl she would be on the ground in halves by now. But whatever mutation gave her her powers also gave her her body the strength needed to withstand the forces it could produce. Dash crumples to the ground, bleeding heavily and her clothing in tatters, but otherwise still largely intact and very ticked off.

Toughness DC 25 (1d20+10=20) Failed by 5, Stunned and Bruised
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Gholam
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

Postby Gholam » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Flux
HP: 2
Cond: Ready to do a little recycling

Flux was ready to eat his earlier words as the killer robots were on him far faster than he had expected. Displaying an agility the belied his size he darted out of the line of fire from an autocannon blast, ducked under a slash from a blade-wielding 'bot, and slapped aside a literal hammerblow from a third 'bot. That last maneuver only served to place Flux in the path of a missile from the fourth 'bot, however, which took him solidly in the chest.

Flux staggered back a step from the blast, seemingly stunned, yet with a sudden roar he surged forward and slammed a fist harder than steel into the hammerbot, delivering a punishing blow.

All of those hit... 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27, 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28, 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27, 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17, failed that one by 8, bruised and stunned; burning a HP to shake the stun, maxing density, then punching the closest robot (hammerbot): 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29 Crit, DC 33 Toughness save. (Pretty sure I just used up every last bit of good rolling luck the RNG gods are going to grant me for the rest of this mission.)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:02 am

Flux

The robot explodes into a million pieces from your punch

Can't pass that save.

Init
Dash
Singularity
Wraith
Robots
Flux
*Red Hat
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 am

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Winged/Bruised

Stephyn's Shadowlance is scarcely flung when the oncoming horde washes over him. In a fit of arrogance, the Umbral Warlock had failed to consider that the robots could get to them before the Guardians could lay waste to them. As a result of this, he hadn't gained any altitude...hadn't separated himself from the ground assault. Twisting and turning, Wraith flowed through the a barrage of spiked fists and razor sharp implements as he climbed skyward. All this did though was to present himself a much cleaner target. First one scarlet laser sliced across his Shadowshunt, vaporizing a section of shadows. With a barrel roll and stall, Wraith lined himself back up with the onslaught...ready to repay their hurt with even greater pain...only to take a stitching of high impact rounds slamming directly into Wraith's chest

Wind knocked from him, Wraith is stunned for a heartbeat before his outrage kicks in and pulls him out of the haze. Lesson learned, Wraith settles into a slightly elevated ceiling without too much exposure.

Toughness vs DC25 (1d20+11=29)...Toughness vs DC25 (1d20+11=18)...That one is Stunned and Bruised. Will Immediately spend an HP to shake off stun.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: The Return

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 am

Red Hat
HP: 2+6 Cnd: Standard

"Robots. Of course it had to be robots." Red Hat growled. She deftly dodged a saw blade, but another cut her in the side. She just-as-deftly avoided a shot, but another one clipped her shoulder. She gritted her teeth, seeing the Guardians being hit with similar attacks.

"I don't think a sword is going to do much." She grumbled. Still, she tucked the blade in her belt.

As Impact fell, and the robots moved in for the kill, Red Hat realized she could at least deny them their prize. She charged to scoop him up and get him out of there.
Last edited by Crazyivan777 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 5 - 1 re-roll = 4
Cnd: Healthy

OOC wrote:DC 25 Tough.: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31 ; 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19 First passes. Second is Three degrees of failure. I'll use an HP to re-roll it.

DC 25 tough: 1D20+11 = [6]+11 = 17 +10 = 27. Pass.

Under the mechanical onslaught Singularity nimbly wove to the side avoiding the a charging bladed robot's attack. He turn to face a energy blast from a cannon armed assailant. It was dead on target and Singularity had no time to dodge. So he didn't try. Instead he brought up a hand and in from of it formed a polished silver disk that deflected the energy bolt skywards before disintegrating.

This bought him time to duck under a shot from a second robot only second before hammer came crashing down on his shoulder. Singularity cried out as his armored costume crumpled and his bone broke giving him a warped slumping figure. Gritting his teeth he straightened up as cracking sounds could be dimly heard amidst the battle. With the help of internal nanites his bones moved back into position. Breaks were mended, and his suit repaired in seconds.

Silver eyes darted to Wraith and Dash. So that wasn't just a lucky hit he took. Not only were the machines plentiful, they hit hard. Making a fast turn around Singularity bolted to Dash's defense. Standing as a barrier between the reeling speedster and their attackers Singularity glared as he called out to his teammates.

"Try to group them together for nuke attacks. There are too many to take down one at a time."

OOC wrote:Singularity will move to Dash, and then Ready an Action to bring up a dome barrier around Dash and himself when one of them are attacked by the robots. I want to try to buy her a turn to recover from Stun unmolested.

Power Description wrote:"Constructor Swarm", Create Object 11 [Extras: Innate (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Impervius (+1/r), Continuious Duration (+1/r)]
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Red Hat

You run past the two robots and scoop up Impact, hauling him over next to Singularity.

With Dash stunned and Singularity readying an action, that brings us back to Wraith.

Init
Dash
Singularity
*Wraith
Robots
Flux
Red Hat

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 am

Wraith
HP:1(1) Cnd: Metal Allergy

From his new vantage point, Wraith watched as Red Hat, carrying an unconscious Impact, began to move towards Singularity and the downed Dash.

"Try to group them together for nuke attacks. There are too many to take down one at a time."

With a grim nod, Wraith flew down to hover just above Singularity and Red Hat. Guttural, Abyssal syllables begin to pour out of the Master Mage's mouth pulling the shadows and darkness from around the Guardians. The sounds grow from a harsh whispering to a howling growl in a few heartbeats. Then, with a fierce suddenness, Wraith drops from the sky with a harsh scream "Fall!", his longcoat fluttering out like the wings of a great raptor. Hand and fingers spread, Stephyn slams his hand into the ground at his feet, sending seeking, shadowy tendrils racing outward along the ground...each seeking a metallic foe.

HP for a Powerstunt: Umbral Ruin[Shapeable Burst Area Damage 9]...Extra Effort to use Untapped Potential to push the damage up to PL12. Damage is DC27 to any robot caught in the blast radius.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 am

Wraith

Seeing Singularity's plans was drawing the robots towards them, the shadow mage positions himself above the silver hero and waits for more of the robots to close before unleashing his blast.

As the robots approach, Singularity forms a dome around himself, Red Hat, Dash, and Impact while Wraith releases Umbral Ruin on the approaching robots.

Last edited by kenseido on Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 am

Graft

Robot X returns to the room.

"No! You can't do that."

His arm forms a blade again. He is about to thrust it at your head. Dr Death gets in the way and the blade enters underneath his chin.

"Fine! Then I'll take it from you." You here a robotic voice snarl in your head.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Robots

Ten of the robots denied their targets blast and chip away at the dome protecting the Singularity, Dash, Impact, and Red Hat.

Two more fire rockets at Wraith, and the remaining move in and use blow torches, buzz saw blades, and vibro-blades to try and cut up Flux.

Singulairty is welcome to make 10 DC30 Toughness saves or just say the dome is destroyed.

Next round, they will stagger their attacks so some will get through the dome if you just recreate it.

PA [5] vs Wraith: 1D20+10-5 = [15]+10-5 = 20; 1D20+10-5 = [4]+10-5 = 9
PA [5] vs Flux: 1D20+10-5 = [1]+10-5 = 6; 1D20+10-5 = [10]+10-5 = 15; 1D20+10-5 = [16]+10-5 = 21
DC30 Toughness for any hits

Init
Dash
Singularity
Wraith
Robots
*Flux
Red Hat

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 am

At the end of this round, I will move the IC thread to the new forum. Everyone make sure your character is posted there.

Gholam
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Gholam » Fri May 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Flux
HP: 1
Cond: Bruised x1

Despite the sudden destruction of so many of their numbers the robots continue their relentless pursuit of the heroes. Flux is easily able to deflect a swipe from the vibro-blade bot, then ducks around it to spoil an attack from the buzz-saw bot. Just as he leaps up to take to the sky a boiling cloud of fire engulf him from the blowtorch bot, but the speed of his ascent carries him through the flames without harm. Once aloft, Flux moves into position then slams his hands together with massive concussive force, sending a super-dense wall of pressurized air slamming into the remaining bots below.

Only one attack hit; Toughness save: 1d20+13=33. Going airborne, then moving into position to catch as many bots as he can in the shockwave, including the ones chipping away at Singularity's dome if possible. DC 28 Toughness save, DC 23 Reflex save to halve the damage.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 pm

The robots attacking the dome were all around it, so hitting them would require you to hit the team there, since the dome has been destroyed.

Return to “M&M Game Room”