Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Psion

<Scanning their minds for the bomb's exact locations would be very risky. They would probably know they have been scanned. I can tell you the three bombs are positioned to do the most damage to the power and security systems.>
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Wraith
HP:0(0) Cnd: Eye in the sky

Listening to the banter, Stephyn couldn't help it...couldn't help but feel pride. Every day he and the others put their lives on the line to protect the world. With no regards to their own safety. He was a Guardian. Looking over at Psion, he nods just once as he fades slightly and flows up and out of the Vigilance. His trust earlier wasn't misplaced. He shouldn't have doubted that...shouldn't have doubted himself. With that, Wraith soars high into the sky.

Simple enough, going Umbrial to phase through the Vigilance and back into the sky to be ready for the next threat.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

After the mental discourse Singularity repeated it aloud for Graft's benefit. It felt a little weird, but there were a lot weirder things going down lately.

"Geeze. Alright. If we had schematics of the place I could narrow the area down. Tension tried to get them earlier, but we wound up with nill. Any chance of reading a guard's mind, or something? We need a layout of the place, to narrow the search area."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Tension

<I couldn't get them from outside. With all the chaos going on, should be no problem getting them from an inside terminal, but it may blow my cover. You may have to do it.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Singularity didn't have to mull that over too long. A nod was given, and he looked between Hardbody and Graft, as if to make sure they were ready to enter the breach again.

"Wraith, you want to find us a way in? Some place without too many eyes on it. I should be able to make a door anywhere."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Hardbody

Charli shrugged. "I'd rather be getting a mani and a pedi, but since I'm here...."

She had to wonder what kind of mischief all the escapees were going to get up to. She rolled her eyes. The Grue. What a PITA they were. She could just punch their dumb faces in.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 am

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Graft nodded to Singularity to signal his readiness, before confiding in Charli in a lowered voice. "I also know little about disarming explosives, which is why our job will be to cover Singularity while he deals with the problem. It's all part of working as a team."
Last edited by McGuffin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:51 am

Hardbody

"Oh, I'm with ya, Graft. The sooner we beat these fools down and defeat their 'nefarious plan'," she said making air quotes, "the sooner I find my boyfriend and slap him around for making me worry about him so much."

"So, yeah, let's make with the guarding and the bomb defusing."

And the punching. She was really hoping someone needed to be punched.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Prison Yard

As you watch, you notice the prisoners seem to be disengaging from the guards and leaving. In fact, one prisoner looks like he is about to finish a guard off, suddenly stops and heads for the exit.

After a minute, you notice several forms getting on the Marvels disguised aircraft.

<Looks like we're out of here, team. Catch you on the flipside,> you "hear" from Tension.

The ship begins to take off.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:39 pm

"Try not to have too much fun without us."

Singularity gave a mental call to their departing comrade. Then, with Graft and Hardbody letting him know they were ready to move out he reform his flight disk under their feet. The disk rose the three of them a few inches off the ground and hovered in place. Silver eyes moved away from his comrades to the prison scene. Once the escapees were gone, his focus was on the Marvel's craft as he waited for them to depart.

"Ok, searching for a way it probably won't be needed. We'll let them leave, then move out with Wraith on point."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Wraith
HP:0(0) Cnd: Grim Resolve

Floating in the sky, Stephyn watches as the Grue-Marvel ship take off...Take care my friend...take care...Turning back to the ground, Stephyn scouts about the prison with an intense focus. Shadows and hideaways were something he was good at. Finding a place to enter unseen, Wraith finds exactly what Singularity needs...Here...here is the easiest way in...even as he provides the location for the entrance, Wraith reaches out and gathers the darkness about the area...covering it in a pall.

OK...providing a notice check and then using Gloom to assist in our not being seen. Makes Notice checks on us harder. Notice (1d20+12=26)...then: Gloom(Environmental Control 4, Dual Conditions: Cold, Visibility/ 50 ft Radius)
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 pm

"Cheer up Hardbody. There have to be one or two loiterers fo ryou to pound on."

Once Wraith supplied them with an entry point Singularity's flight disk sped forwards. Following the warlock's directions he swooped down into the yard. Nearing Wraith's location he slowed, giving Graft and Hardbody an opportunity to jump off as they pleased. As long as Wraith's gloomy pall wasn't too dense to see through Singularity proceeded on, gliding into the building.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 am

Inside the prison

The group makes its way to the security center, the most likely place that Singularity will be able to access the prison layout to determine the location of the bombs.

Most of the activity has died down now, with all the prisoners having left and the guards trying to deal with them. However, when you do reach the security command center, the four operators there are waking up.

"It's the infected heroes that caused this," one says as another reaches for his radio.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 am

Hardbody

"Hey, idiot," Charli barked to the guard, "we're here to help!" She swore angrily and threw up her arms. "Don't you guys know me? I'm not freakin' infected!" :roll:
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Wraith
HP:0(0) Cnd: Grim

REaching out, Wraith sends a tenebrous tendril out and crushes the radio before the guard could use it. "You guys go ahead....disarm the bombs. I'll get their attention and keep it. I'll give them something to fight...I can take most of what they can do. And even if they subdue me....well, I doubt they could hold me. Go...fix things," Wraith then turns on the gurads and glares at them as he walks toward the guardshack.

Shadowgrasp the Radio (1d20+8=14)...well, let's hope he is too distracted to beat the shadow. Crush the Phone.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room