Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 am

Hardbody

Charli watched the two guards slump to the ground with a sigh. "Now, see, that's now how I wanted this to go," she said to no one.

She turned and placed her hands on the railing as she looked out over the yard. "This is going to get ugly."

She clicked her comm. "Well, now that the cat's out of the bag...what next?"
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Graft turned expectantly to Singularity. They were running out of time and the breakout would happen sooner or later.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: Healthy

Outside the prison Singularity frowned once more when he saw Charli take out two guards but made no comment. Couldn't she have just ... walked away? It wasn't like they were able to really hurt her. Pushing the frown off of his face Singularity poked at the device on his wrist, and a black cloud quickly washed over him. The nanites it was composed of repaired the minor damage he'd sustained before retreating to the nanite hive. While they worked he talked over the mental link.

"Stay off the comms unless you need to contact Graft. They're probably being monitored by the Grue."

Then looking over at Graft he explained what was going on.

"Psion gave us a shout. They want him to shapeshift into one of the prisoners and then use his mojo to get them extra-mean. He can't shapeshift though ... and we don't want these guys any more violent. So we're going to try and swap him for Tension to keep his cover from being blown."

Back over the mental link, Singularity went on, before repeating what he had said aloud.

"Don't worry about the prisoners escaping. Stop a few baddies, especially the worst. It'll help sell our pressance here. But the Grue have to perceive this as a success. We need to keep people from dying ... and come up with a plausible reason why Psion can't make the convicts even more violent."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Wraith
HP:2(0) Cnd: Dark Mass Transit

Brief moment of darkness that parts inside the Marvel's ship, Stephyn almost plows through the other side.Only a quick reversal followed by a feet plant on the ship's ceiling and a acrobatic flip keep him from bashing himself unconcious. Landing in a crouch, the Umbral Walock's eyes scan the interior. And see nothing. That is until Tension unfolds from a small compartment that Stephyn had simply gazed over. Eyebrow raising...We port in, you and Psion have got to somehow make the switch. I'll get him out... Stephyn replies with a quick thought. Then with an equally quick step, Wraith reaches out grabs onto Tension's malleable mitt as they both step through a dark shadow near the back o the ship.

OK....felt like using a lesser used skill just for cinematics Acrobatics (1d20+12=27). Full Round Teleport to get into location near Psion. Once there, gonna go stealth mode...Stealth (1d20+13=19)...hope they aren't looking. Teleport Full round to location. Interesting thing...rules say that he can take 100lbs. of Additional Mass. Unwilling passengers get a save to avoid being taken. IF I need to add addtional mass, I will burn an HP to do so....note, Shadowstep has Subtle 2....so we be ghostin'
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Hardbody
Condition: Bruise 1

Charli sighed. Loudly. She leaned against the railing and looked out over the yard. More guards. Prisoners about to escape. Henry, you're going to make this up to me in some very inventive ways, she mused.

"I hope you guys can get the show on the road," she said into the comm, "while I'm used to being the popular girl, I have a feeling this is not going to be my usual type of soiree."
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Fort Leavenworth

Wraith teleports Tension into the security command center, and the two heroes see the place is mostly deserted. Psion is alone in there while all the screens are going crazy. The prison staff in there are all unconscious.

Meanwhile, outside the the first prisoners come out into the yard. One turns into a black bird and flies away while two others charge the guards.

No initiative, you go first.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Singularity remained stationary after tending to his wounds. Silver eyes lingered on the wall seperating the prisoners from the outside world. They closed half way when a bird flew out of the complex, then moved over to where hardbody was stationed. Patient as he was, he didn't seem ready to make a move yet. When he responded, it was ovr Veronica's mental link rather than the comms

"Don't take any big risks Hardbody. Not yet. We'll let the guards deal with the prisoners for a bit. Let them realize they need help. Then I'll taxi Graft in."

Then he loked over at Graft again and spoke aloud.

"We'll let the guards realize they need help. Then I'll carry you forward, alright?"
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 am

Wraith
HP:1 (0) Cnd: Lay Over

Emerging from the shadows, Wraith takes one look at the carnage on the screens already wrought and bows his head a little...Psion...ready for the trip back?....before the Grue traitor can answer...Tension...my friend...remember, it is the battle within that makes us who we are...not the battle out here...I Will be bck for you...when you are ready...you will not be alone...With that, Wraith reaches out for Psion and pulls him into the darkness
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:11 am

Hardbody
Condition: Bruise 1

Yeah, yeah, pace myself, I get it, she thought as she watched the prisoners emerge into the yard. She absently rubbed the spot where she'd just been shot. Man, what kind of hardware are these guys packing? she wondered.

Still she waited, gripping the steel railing. Kinda hard. She looked down. Whew, she thought she'd crumpled it.

Come on, boys, give me a sign you need some help already....
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Okay, moving on. McGuffin can post when he has a chance.

Fort Leavenworth

As the black bird flies off into the distance, the two men start to engage the guards. One seems to start glowing green and he touches one of the guards causing his skin to turn faint green and collapse. The other one's skin seems to sprout small one inch spikes all over it. He takes a swing at one of the guards but misses.

The guard begin to return fire. The glowing man takes a hit and staggeres back, the glow fades. The other man gets shot several times, and his skin seems to get blown off showing a black, rough skin underneath. The shots do not seem to affect the second man.

Out of the doors, six more prisons move out. Two of them are moving towards the guards, the other four seem to be heading towards the fence.

Inside, Wraith makes the swap and Tension shapechanges to appear as a prisoner and heads out towards the Grue that was with Psion. <Don't worry, my friend, I am a Guardian true and through.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Hardbody

"Aw, hell no," Charli muttered. She leaped off the guard tower and landed in a forward tumble. In one fluid motion she was up and sprinting toward the prisoners heading for the fence with a big grin on her face.

Standing leap of 110 ft, then 440 ft sprint. She's staying outside the fence as she runs.

Acrobatics (1d20+7=21) for the transition from leaping to running.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Singularity might have waited a little longer, but when he noticed Hardbody spring into action. Ready to intercept escapees. While he spoke over the mental ink to her and Wraith glowing veins of circuitry started to crawl under his fair skin.

"Let the runners go. Engage the violent criminals ... and remember, the Grue are going to look like prisoners. Psion, do you know what their new forms look like?"

He motions for Graft to step onto his flight disk, then took off for the tower Hardbody had abandoned. There he set down his comrade, and allowed the construct to act as he thought best while observing the flow of on rushing prisoners. Behind the silver lenses that covered his eyes Singularity read a stream of data that came up as each new convict came within his line of sight. After seeing what he needed to Singularity looked to the guards trapped inside the tower.

"If I let you out, are you going to attack me?"
OOC wrote:Using Eidetic Memory to make a Tactics check. I'd like to know if the prisoner's actions appear organized or coordinated.

Knowledge[Tacitics]: 1d20+5=23

He'll also use "Detect Weakness" to see if he can pin down any weaknesses on the prisoners that are sticking around to fight rather than looking to run. Do you want me to roll for those, or would you like to do them in seceret?

Singularity is also going to use the Super Strength portion of his Musculature Mods so he can easily carry Graft.
Power Descriptions wrote:"Optical Tactical Display", Super Senses 4 [Analytical Vision (2 PP) ; Visual Ranged Detect Weakness (2 PP)]

"Nano-Tube Musculature Mods", Corrosion 13 [[Power Feats: Incurable (+1 pp), Reversable (+1 pp) ; Melee Attack Focus 2 (+2 pp)], Super-Strength 13
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 am

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Graft hitched a ride with Singularity to the tower, jumping off as the disc lowered to the ground. He didn't slow down, instead leaping down into the yard the engage the escaping prisoners. The construct came to a stop between the guard and the spike-covered man. "You two aren't going anywhere."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shadowbourne » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:49 am

Wraith
HP:1(0) Cnd: Paranoia

In a blink, Wraith and Psion move out of a shadow on the other side of the prison, opposite of the Vigilance. Looking back at the sstarting chaos, Wraith had an idea, "Psion?...could you do theopposite of what was asked of you by the Grue? Could you cast...fear and keep the convicts from coming this way?"
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 am

Wraith

Psion looks around the area. "Not from here. I need to be able to see them. Of course, if I can see them, they can see me. That is why you brought me over here instead of close to the fight, right? So my former teammates couldn't see me. It's not because you don't trust me, is it? After all I've done for you."

Graft

The man with spikes takes a swing at you but misses. The ma with the glow tries to shake his head clear. The guards open fire on all three of you. The guy with spikes takes a few hits but doesn't seem bothered, the man with the glow takes several hits and drops.

Spike's Attack roll: 1d20+8=17
Two guards, combined attack: 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=17
Even if the 17 hits, its only DC23, so it doesn't get past your Impervious.

Hardbody

As the four approach the fence, one just smiles at you. He lets loose with a sour smelling stray that dissolves a 10 foor circle in the first of three fences. The others wait for him to finish.

Singularity

The actions seem pretty unorganized. They seem to be responding to their natural instincts, some are fighting and are attmepting flight. Nothing stands out as far as weaknesses go.

As you approach the guard tower, the guards inside can't seem to hear you, but they do point their weapons in your direction.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room