Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Graft
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Having failed to force the door open Graft stopped, slowly raising his hands in the air to show them to be empty. Of course that only made him more dangerous but the guards probably didn't know that and the gesture would hopefully serve to placate them. As he addressed the guards the patchwork construct kept his eyes on the door leading to the prison where the convicts would doubtlessly be escaping from soon.

"I am Graft from the Gulf Coast Guardians and your facility has been infiltrated by shapeshifters trying to pass as AEGIS agents. I understand if you are skeptic, but tell me, if there's no problems with your security, why can't you enter your own guardtowers?"

Base Charisma (1d20+2=16). Either way, Graft's defending instead of taking any aggressive actions.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Lullaby

...out of the frying pan and into the fire...not their fault...and I'm not gonna blame them...Wraith thinks as he quickly glides around the tower and gets as close to the guards as he can, all while trying to keep out of the guards Line of Sight Gathering the darkness and shadows all about them, Wraith begins a soft whispering andwith a wave of his hands subtly twists the shadows into a soft mist that bursts outward at the last syllable.

OK...slightly different thing. Gonna Spell Improvise and cast: Nightwhispers[Burst Area Sleep 8, Burst Area Stun w/Sedation, 3/Rank DC18 vs Fortitude]. Nighty Nighty guys...using Spell Improvisation HP to Shake Fatigue afer Extra Effort.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Hardbody

The two guards open fire. The blasts sting a little but don't do any real damage.

The can't get past your Impervious this round.

Singularity

"We were warned about you, meta. You're not going to infect any one inside!" All six open fire.

Firing in groups of three, two aiding the third.
Group 1: First two aid rolls: 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=16
Third (w/+4 aid): 1d20+9=15
Group 2: First two aid rolls: 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=9
Third (w/+2 aid): 1d20+7=25
DC23 Toughness if that hits

Graft

"Because you and your friends shut it down!" They open fire, but the blasts only sting a bit.

Also can't get past your Impervious this round.

Wraith

The two guards avoid mostly of your misty tendrils and are able to avoid the effects. They return fire at you.

Reflex saves: 1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=19
Will Save: 1d20+1=18, 1d20+1=21
:shock:
Take an HP

Attack roll: 1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=14
DC23 Toughness if the 19 hits.

Everyone is up again.
Last edited by kenseido on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:30 am

Hardbody

Charli's jaw dropped as they opened fire. "Not even a threat? You...you just...shoot me?!" It really threw her off and as she grabbed for the two men, they pulled back faster than expected.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Wraith
HP: 3(0) Cnd: Frustrated

Slipping through the sky like an airborne shadow, Wraith grimaces under his scarf ...not going our way...not at all...The Nightwhispers failed upon the two guards. Clearly Ft Levinworth guards are more formidable than your run of the mill guards. Which was good for the local citizens, not so much for the Guardians. Shifting his tactics, tries to take his assailaints out via another non-violent method as he zooms in between the guards. Though, as he whispers another string of ancient origins, a deep internal growl begins to sound as his other begins to weary of these less than optimal solutions.

Defense of 22, 19 misses, just. Again...keeping close to the guards. Nightblind[Burst Area Visual Dazzle 8...DC18]
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby McGuffin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Graft

Graft kept his hands in the air as he continued talking to the guards. "Yes, because locking a door moments before I try to get in through it is all part of my evil master plan. I would ask you to lower your weapons but we all just saw how effective they were. Besides, you will need them when the first convict to realize your security has been compromised by the so called AEGIS agents reaches this door."

Charisma (1d20+2=10) I love you too IC :P

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 3
Cnd: -1 Tough

OOC wrote:Just bearly beat Total Defense of 24.

DC 23 Tough: 1d20+10=22 -1 Tough

Singularity wove through the air, whizzing and jerking about. As he did so he noticed his teammate naturally turning to defend themselves when they were attack. Understandable, but that was only going to hurt the prison's security, and lessen the chance that these guys would survive the breakout. While thinking about this Singularity spoke to the guards who were assaulting him.

"First. I'm not a meta. One hundred percent human with tech. You know, like Iron Man. But cooler. You can take a blood sample if you want. Second ... Ow ! ...Hey, stop that. I don't even want in the prison."

Singularity cried out when weapon fire eventually hit him. Anger crossed his face, but he stay his hand and didn't retaliate.

"Tell you what, we'll hang outside. You keep a couple guys watching the inside of the prison in case I'm not lying, and if you want help when all hell breaks loose my people will be over here."

Jerking his thump off into the distance, away from the prison, Singularity tossed a communicator to the floor. Something they could use to call on the Guardians. Then he zipped off while contacting the others via comlink.

"Lets pull back guys."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Psion

<Uhh... guys slight problem. The others are shapeshifting to look like prisoners so they can insight a more violent riot. I am even supposed to use my powers to help. So, 1, Don't wanna. And 2, and extremely important point here, I DON'T SHAPESHIFT!>

Obviously, Graft does not hear this.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
Cnd: -1 Tough

OOC wrote:Just some organizational dialog right now. Singularity's action may change.

Singulairty groaned in mid-flight when he heard Psion's warning. This just kept getting more and more grumpy-making. Right when he told the guard 'I don't want in the prison' too. Shaking his head he responded to Psion's mental warning.

"Yeah, that's kinda bad. We've got to get you out of the kill box. Can you make an excuse to get away from the Grue for a bit? Where can we meet you?"

Then SIngularity directed his thoughts to his teammates over Victoria's link. They were clued into his talk with Psion, but what he had to say next was directed specifically at them.

"Ok ... we need to get Psion out before his cover is blown. Wraith, do you think you can do some teleporting and arrange for get Tension to take Psion's place?"

A pause followed before Singularity added,

"Someone needs to pair up with Graft. He needs to be in the loop and we can't risk com-chatter."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Hardbody and Wraith have gone for this round. Still need actions for Graft and Singularity.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 am

Graft

"I have received orders to retreat for now. But I will be in the area in case you change your mind about needing help with the breakout." Graft calmly lowered his hands and double-timed it back out of there.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Wraith

Your shadowblind penetrates the clear windows of the tower, causing most of the guards inside and out to go blind.

One of the guards outside fires at you, but its hard to tell if the blind one is firing or not.

Reflex vs. area: 1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=9, 1d20+2=12, 1d20+2=15, 1d20+2=10, 1d20+2=16

One passed.

Reflex vs Dazzle (first is DC14, the rest are DC18): 1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=4, 1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=22

Two passed. One inside, and one out.

Attack roll: 1d20+5=10

Hardbody

The two guards continue firing, tyring to concentrate their fire.

Combined attack [PA 2]: 1d20+5-2=20, 1d20+5-2=20
Weird. If that hits, its DC27 Toughness.

Graft and Singularity

The guards keep their weapons trained on you as you retreat.

Everyone is up again.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:16 am

Hardbody
Condition: Bruise 1

"Hey, that actually stings," Charli said, her brows furrowing into a glare. "Guys, I'm just trying to help, but that's freaking annoying, so...."

She lurches forward and bonks both of their heads together.

Toughness (DC 27) (1d20+12=25) If it's Lethal, I'll add the Injured condition, too.

Attack (1d20+8=28)
She has Takedown, and if they're Minions, that's how the attack looks. If they're not Minions, then she'll slap the gun out of one of the guard's hands as a Disarm.
Last edited by badpenny on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Wraith
HP: 2(0) Cnd: Retreival Mode

Again, Wraith easily avoids the shots. While the guards are very vigilant, they are horrible shots. Flowing out and around, Wraith nods at Singularity's orders ...Psion, give me a veiw of you location...A frown causes Wraith's eyes to drop slighly...Hmmmm...further than I thought...Tension...change of plans. Switch you out for Psion...need your visual location...with a sudden dip, the Ghostly Guardian seems to fade into the prision wall.

OK...since the distance is too great, I must assume the same of Tension from my location. so, will Shadowstep to Tension,grab him and port both of us NEXT round into position...Once there, Tension and Psion can work out a switch...I hope....
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

Hardbody

You easily take out both guards.

Wraith

You teleport into the ship and grab Tension.

Prisoners hit the yard next round.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room