Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

On receiving Graft's update Singularity was quick to chime on the team comlink. He didn't want to say too much though. The Grue had hacked it before.

"Acknowledged."

The simple statement was mostly for Graft. because over Victoria's mental-link Singularity urged Tension into action.

"Security is down. The guards look occupied. Now is the time to move in Tension."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby hero4hire » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Tension hp 1 cond-fine

Tension silently moved towards the shuttle attempting to take advantage of the distraction and find a good hiding spot to stow away.

ooc
Ken..please roll whatever you need for me :|
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Okay, IC either really doesn't like you or is still really angry at me. Got back-to-back ones. Nobody deserves that.
Stealth: 1d20+10=19
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Tension

You sneak in through the fence and easily bypass the distracted guards, who aren't looking for an invading snake. You come up to the V-TOL the Marvels used. It is smaller than the Vigilance and is pretty cramped for six people, the seats being pretty small. Finding a hiding spot may be tricky.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Tension hp 1 cond-fine

"hmmm.." The elastic hero surveyed the interior. Definitely will have to get into one of the panels or something.

ooc
Insubstantial and Environmental Adaptation Confined Spaces. Also have Hide in Plain Sight. But I want enough between me and the grue so sensing Tension would be problematic but close enough to maybe listen in? If I have enough time Tension will take to get I nice fat circumstance modifier on his check. Don't think "Take 20" exists in M&M right?
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: well...Wraith

Upon hearing of the guard's distraction, Wraith simply let his body go Umbrial as he slides down through the Vigilance. Once out...the Ghostly Guardian glides silently in the sky like a night-cloaked hawk.

Since I assume that there is nothing to actually do on Wraith's turn, Wraith will simply float out of the Vigilance and begin to scan for the first breakouts...Notice (1d20+12=13). Nope...Gonna reroll:Notice (1d20+12=28)....much better
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:20 am

Hardbody

Charli exited the Vigilance and stood around with her arms akimbo. She peered closely at the facility looking for anything that jumped out at her.

"So I'm assuming," she said over the comm, "that I hit anyone who tries to break out?"

Notice (1d20+13=26)
Extended vision
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 am

Fort Leavenworth

As Tension makes his way past distracted guards onto the ship, the other heroes notice some of the guards are trying to force the doors to the guard towers open, while the rest are focused entirely outside the fences. None of them appear to be focusing behind them where the prisoners will be coming from.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:08 pm

HP: 2

As Singularity looked on, it appeared as though half the guards were going to get attacked with their backs to the threat, while the people who realized something was going down here locked up. Frowning he made use of Victoria's mental link to contact Stephyn and Charli. When as he gave directions the silver glad hero flew towards the prison on his flight disk.

"Wraith, Hardbody, take a look at the guard towers. Looks like the guys inside have figured something is wrong but can't get out. If you can get to them, bust 'em out. But expect some flack from the other guards."

Graft was closer, but he couldn't have heard him across the mental link. A minor disadvantage to being synthetic. Singularity was still leery of their lines of communication being monitored by the Grue so he kept his talk with Graft brief and vague. Just enough to let him know he'd be needed, and that something was going down. The synthetic was a team player though, and Vincent trusted him to pick up on the que quickly.

"Graft, the comms might be monitored, so follow our lead."
OOC wrote:If Singularity can get close enough, he'll use "Targetted Disassembly" to attack the nearest tower door's lock so the guards can get out.

Power Description wrote:"Targetted Disassembly", Disintegration 13 [Power Feats: Incurable (+1 pp), Reversable (+1 pp), Accurate (+1 pp) ; Feats: Ranged Attack Focus (+1 pp)]*
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 am

Hardbody

Charli picked her target--the closest guard tower--said, "Gotcha," into the comm and took off in a dash toward it.

If she can reach it in a round (440 ft/rnd), then she'll leap in front of the guard who's trying to force the door and introduce herself with a friendly, "Hi!" otherwise she's booking for the tower.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 am

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Graft didn't like this, it went against their stated goal of fooling the Marvel-Grues into thinking their mission complete and following them to the beachhead. Still, he knew Singularity had risked blowing their cover by contacting him via their comms because he was 'telepathically deaf'. Arguing the orders, if he'd really wanted to do it, would have further endangered their situation so instead he complied.

Seeing the others throw caution to the wind, Graft leaped and tumbled to cover as much ground as possible. "The prison has been infiltrated." was all he offered to the guards without pausing before hitting the locked door shoulder first.

Acrobatics (1d20+6=14) vs DC 15 to increase jump distance, fail, 80 feet per Move with Leaping 2.
Last edited by McGuffin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Wraith
HP:1(1) Cnd: Silent

...Dammit...They were supposed to let it happen, then clean it up. Not be in the thick of it. Flying silently up and over the remaining guard tower, Wraith positioned himself so he remained hidden from the guards. As he did, great arms of shadow slid down the walls and ripped the tower doors open. Maybe, just maybe if he reduced his presence in the situation, he could follow the Marvel Grue and Tension like originally planned...unnoticed, unrealized.

Stealth (1d20+13=30)...Shadowglide(Fligt w/Subtle), then Shadowgrasp th doors(Damaging Move Object 8 ): Shadowgrasp DC23 (1d20+8=17)...effective Strength of Shadowgrasp is 40.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Singularity

Your nanite swarm easily dissolves the door opening the tower and freeing the guards stuck inside. You are also keenly aware that all of the guards have pointed their weapons at you.

Hardbody

You easily leap up to the top of the guard tower and intorduce yourself. The guards outside don't appear all to friendly as they turn their guns on you.

Graft

You push past a few guards and slam into the door which doesn't budge under your force. You look to see the guards outside the tower door have pulled their weapons and are aiming at you.

Wraith

Your shadow talons are unable to pry the door open, but you have drawn the attention of the guards outside the tower door.

Everyone take an HP for putting yourself in the line of fire to try and keep the guards from getting blindsided.
Door are Impervious 10, so Graft and Wraith fail to penetrate.

You are all considered in combat with regards to Diplomacy.
Wraith and Graft each have two armed guards to contend with, whiel Singularity and Hardbody have six each (two outside and four inside the tower).

You all have initiative.

Edit: Adjusted Hardbody's section after realizing I misread Penny's post.
Last edited by kenseido on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Hardbody
Condition: normal
HP: 3

"Hi, boys!" Charli said with a smile. She looked down at their guns. "What's this? It's me, Hardbody. You know, one of the good girls?" She chuckled. "Well, not that good, if you know what I mean." She thought she was being cute and flirtatious but these guys were having none of it. It always works in New York, she mused.

"Boys, I'm just trying to help. Put down those guns before someone gets hurt."
Last edited by badpenny on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm

HP: 3

Once the guns were brought to bear on his Singularity held up his hands in a plea for peace. Looking over at his comrades attempting to help, and the expected reaction from the guards, his lips pursed together. Then his attention returned to the guards and his frown persisted.

"Hey, now ... I just helped you out of a tight spot. Where's the trust? You know there's something weird going on, right? 'AGEIS' agents... " Singularity supplied quotations in the air with his fingers as he mentioned the fake AGEIS agents, "... showing up with a weird story. Security funking up ... the power is going to go too. Guess who did it? I'll give you a hint: not us. So, you want to shoot me, or are you going to let me get the rest of your boys out of the guard towers they're locked up in?."

OOC wrote:Aid action to support Hardbody's Diplomacy: 1d20+10=26

EDIT:
Subtract 8 from the Diplomacy roll and it becomes straight Charisma(result of 18) check for the guards around him, if you'd like to play it that way. Otherwise he's taking a Defend action while he talks.
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room