Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Outside Fort Leavenworth

The security systems around such sensitive data is to hardened to get that level of detail.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Tension

"Dammit! Schematics on the place are on their own intranet system. Since they are on alert I can't hack the files from an outside terminal."
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sakuro » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Singularity's silver lips pressed together at Tension's exclimation about the inpenetrable security. At length he leaned back in his seat and offered his comrade a smile.

"We'll take it as it comes then. Maybe Psion can feed us some information if it comes to that ... or we could ask a guard. If we're talking physical damage, the Swarm should be able to do repairs. I'd just need the location."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Fort Leavenworth

The Marvels craft flies inside the fence of the prison with the Warden and a dozen guards and other prison workers waiting. Psion broadcasts the conversation to you.

"We're glad you're here. I can't believe what is going on," the Warden says.

"Not to worry, our upgrades to your power grid and security system will be quick. Just keep your men at the ready. The infected metas will seek out this place to inhect the prisoners."

"Do we know the nature of the infection?"

"We have our best eggheads working on it, but it seems to only infect metas - thus the worldwide attacks. Just remember, don't trust any metas."

"Don't worry, my men are ready."

The workers help the Grue take in the boxes they brought.

<My job is to go with the one impersonating MAC to help upload a virus to the main security system.> Psion sends telepathically. <Two others are going to sabotage the main power grid and the last two are headed for auxillary security control and the generator backups.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:55 pm

"Right on que."

Singularity quipped, the right corner of his lips spiking upwards. He fell silent after that initial remark, listening to the voices in his head. When Psion gave them a summary of the Grue plan, and his role in it, Singularity responded, intent on seizing any advantage they could garner before the chaos ensued.

"You're doing good Psion. Is there any chance you could send us the location of either the power grid or it's auxiliary? Some information on that virus would help too.."

"We may be able to create and anti-virus, and get the power online after the break out is under way to keep at least some of the baddies from getting out. Or at least keep the worst of the worst locked up while the nobodies run loose."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Fort Leavenworth

<I'm afraid I don't know either of those things. If I try and read their minds that deeply, I risk them finding out the truth or worse.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shadowbourne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 am

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Still Thinking

"If they are making sure the prison guards are targeting Metas, maybe we should steal from their playbook and get guard uniorms ourselves?" Stephyn offers. Looking at Tension," You could even use this as an opportunity to sneak onto their aircraft by looking like an AEGIS agent yourself. Their constructed chaos should help us also in that respect. On that topic...they are expecting Meta interferance since they have planned for it. That means that one of us at least should make a spectacle of themselves...trying to stop the prison break an all. I think I can do that part quite well...what do you think?"
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby badpenny » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Hardbody

Charli grinned. "Spectacle? I can do that!" Then she shrugged, just in case the idea was shot down. She wore a just let me know how I can help expression on her face.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Tension HP: 1, Condition: Uninjured

Tension's grin was evident; even past the ninja-style facemask that concealed his visage. "Yeah...I can do that." he said happily. His form began to shift and his features melted into the spitting image of an AEGIS agent.

ooc
Morph (Humanoids)
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Wraith's suggestion of spectacles and exploiting Tension using the confusion to board the Grue craft garnered a nod of support from Singularity. He didn't know if the spectacles were needed, but they likely wouldn't hurt.

"Things are going to start moving pretty fast once the power and security systems go down. Tension, you might want to get into position to make a move on the Marvel's V-TOL so you're closer when the chaos starts. Let Psion know that you're hitching a ride too, so he doesn't freak out or somehting."

EDIT:
That part about the guard uniforms, however, Singularity rose a hand a gave a side to side wobbly gesture. Mimicing a vessel that wouldn't hold water.

"As for grabbing uniforms for the rest of us ... I don't see how it is worth it at this point. We wouldn't know where to go, and we wouldn't have the time to do anything useful on the inside. As I see it, we're just going to have to run damage control."
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Outside Fort Leavenworth

<We're setting up now. Everything goes down in 60 seconds.>
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Unclear...

Listening to Singularity, Wraith tilts his head slightly,"So...where do you want to set up? We don't know exactly what areas the prisioners are going to funnel through...at this point, all four sides are potential problems. With Tension infiltrating, that leaves one of us for each side...not counting escaping under and over. But I think we can eliminate those two as I don't remember anyhing about an exceptionally large sewer system and above requires aerial assistance. Point two...with the guards against us as well as the prisoners, we will need a secondary holding area for captured. Any ideas there?"
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:50 pm

With a few keystrokes on his computer console Singularity brings up a map of the prison and points to one section.

"The meta-wing is only on one side of the prison. They're likely to go out the nearest exits, or make their own, rather than run all the way across the complex. So we're good setting up on that side. Otherwise our fast movers, that being you Wraith, go to intercept people."

"The guards will also see us fighting the escapees. They might be smart enough to figure out we're not the bad guys. If so, they may let me in to help fix things. Otherwise, I can improvise some holding cells. The prison won't be much better of an option with it's power and security down."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd:Ready but leary

Even though Stephyn had a nagging feeling that they were missing something, he simply nodded his head and prepared for the coming conflict.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Outside Fort Leavenworth

<10 seconds>

Last chance to do anything before mass chaos begins.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room