Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Where has my Golem Gone

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Armageddon Part 1

Postby hero4hire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 am

Tension HP: 1 Condition: Healthy

Tension's sour expression did not change. "I hope you know what you are doing. Because it's just not our @$$es on the line. It's everyone's...everywhere..." But despite his reservations he nodded towards Psion. A slight, if begrudging, gesture of approval or appreciation.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Hardbody

"No one else is concerned about how this is going down?" Charli watched as Psion headed back toward the Marvel's base. "Doesn't anyone remember the old saw, 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer'?"

She rotated her shoulders and clenched her fists. "Okay...." She focused intently on the base as if waiting for it to explode or something.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Graft

Graft you notice (at the same time) both Tower and MAC grab their heads and collapse. A quick check inside of the three watching the game indicate they are unconscious as well.

This lasts about three minutes. They wake up and look at each other without a word. They make their way to the barn and pull out a small v-tol. Psion arrives and worlessly, they all board the craft and take off in the direction of Fort Leavenworth.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Singularity (Vincent Irons)
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Once Psion was on his way and Charli voiced her concern Singularity thought briefly before responding.

"I prefer: ' Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.' "

Then, holding out his hands, a fine dark gray mist formed between them. Strands, like webbing, began to connect between his palms, an outline formed first, then the center. Eventually a rectangle materialized. Then images began to take shape on the rectangle. It was a map of the area around Fort Leavenworth

"Graft has them heading for the prison ... so we need to get into position. Wraith and I can act as a sort of cavalry and even ferry teammates around to a degree."

After a thoughtful inspection of the map he looked over his comrades.

"Any precautions we should take before moving into the field? Maybe we could set up some obstacles that would be perceived as coincidental. You know, things that would discourage escapees from taking certain routes so they're more likely to go where we want them to."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Unsure

"I can fly the south quandrant...as far as putting up blocks? Not sure what I can do. If it was night, it would be simple, just make the area so dark, they can't go through," offers Stephyn.

Not sure what we can do...too many variables without any idea what it looks like.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Keep it simple, big rectangular building with triple fences, and a dozen towers around it. The superhuman wing in on one side - doesn't matter which.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

"We know where they're headed, getting there before them is integral to following them. After the breakout we need someone following them to the beachhead while leaving the rest behind to contain the escapees. Although, if we assume there might be a Grue infiltrator among the security personnel to confirm the mission's success, possibly temporarily detaining the escaped convicts somewhere else might be a good idea." Graft looked to Stephyn at the last part.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby badpenny » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Hardbody

Charli looked around. "I could move cars around," she offered weakly. "Not that they would stop, well, practically anyone. Too bad we're not near a dock. Shipping containers would come in handy right about now." She shrugged.

"Pile the cars in front of the doors?" She rolled her eyes. Lame.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Sakuro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:33 pm

He was fishing for ideas ... that was it. He didn't expect a grand plan and when one didn't arise he wasn't surprised. Singularity nodded in response to the general consensus 'we don't have a lot of options'. Though Charli's idea about piling up cars made his eyebrows rise. At least she was trying.

"We'll keep it simple then. I'll call up a bunch of emergencies in the area to get police, fire fighters, and paramedics nearby while we're on the move. Graft, go on and try to fly us there ahead of them. Park the Vigilance somewhere out of the way and we'll set up watch on the meta-wing side of the prison. But ... you know ... outside of the prison and out of view."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby kenseido » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Outside of Fort Leavenworth

You land outside the Army post, closest to the meta-human wing. Based on reports from Psion, they are stopping somewhere to pick up some "items" (he isn't sure what, he can't risk reading to deeply or he will be exposed and possibly woken up) and should be there in 5 minutes.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Tension HP: 1, Condition: Uninjured

Tension drummed elongated fingers impatiently. "Howsabout I sneak onto thier ride when they are busy busting up the place? Just in case! I can squeeze into just about anywhere."
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2E] Gulf Coast Guardians [IC]: Interludes

Postby McGuffin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 am

Graft
HP: 0 Cnd: Fine

Graft produced a miniature tracking device from a coatpocket. "Here, I asked Singularity to make these for me a while back. Plant one if you get the chance. The 'items' they're picking up are probably explosives or whatever they plan to use to create the breakout."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby kenseido » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 am

Outside Fort Leavenworth

You receive a telepathic message from Psion.

<We're here picking up AEGIS uniforms and gear, and something to make our craft look like an AEGIS vehicle.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

While eyeballing the prison's layout, searching for the most likely escape routes, he listened to his teammate's ideas and comments. Towards the tail end of Graft and Tension's dialog he looked to the pair before speaking.

"Lets go with planting Graft's tracer. They can sense you if you're too close, remember?"

At hearing the telepathic message from Psion he mused over the information provided. It didn't change their plan. But they at least knew what to look out for.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowbourne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Wraith
HP:2(1) Cnd: Ready

"Do you want me to fly in stealth mode and follow them from a distance....like I did with Factor Four?" Stephyn offers.
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room