Teen Titans NEXT - IC. Episode 3 - Past-Present

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

Teen Titans NEXT - IC. Episode 3 - Past-Present

Post by RobinShirewood » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:10 pm

*Prologue*

-The Watchtower Mark 5-
- April 1st, 4am, Metropolis Time Standard-

Dick Grayson watched the world below them from his Watchtower Quarters Window. The Lights of North America creating a shimmering and beautiful effect to outline the continent as he took this moment to appreciate what they spent so long fighting for.
His most recent mission had been exhausting and now that it was over, part of him wanted to hit the showers and move to join the tamaranian shaped lump he had found under the covers of his bed when he had come in.
But as Nightwing had learned long ago, there were responsibilities that always came before personal preferences, responsibilities that had more than doubled in number between his accepting Batman’s Role in the Justice League and his insistence at personally overseeing the Titan’s Next Initiative. Compromising with himself, he turned away from the view port and closed it with the push of a button, removing his mask and sitting down at the console desk with his eyes fixed on the scanner mounted on the computer.

‘ Identification- Nightwing == Confirmed - Level 1 Clearance Granted ’
*click*
‘ Titans Next Project File Opened- Select Chapter’
*click*
“Chapter One- Teen Titans: Jump City. United States of America.

Current Roster TT-O1 : Team Leader : Wonder-Girl-01,
Members: Super-boy-02, Miss. Martian 02, Alter 04, Artimis05
Nightwing could hardly believe it had been almost six years since he had first set up this file. Since the ball had started rolling on the Titan’s Next and had at this point grown into something spectacular. And here, four out of five of those original ‘new’ titans were… having conquered all foes and garnering the respect of everybody on the Watchtower.
It was the end of an era, and with a heavy heart that reminded him of when he himself had left the Titans for the responsibilities of the Justice League, he his hands moved across the holographic keyboard.

Everybody had known it was so for months, the Titans had already left the ’ruins’ of Titan’s Tower (devastated in their last battle with the Cult of Hades) behind and all of the ceremony was out of the way. The only thing they had been waiting for was the date to make it official. And with Wonder-Girl’s Twentieth Birthday officially making her eligible, the rest of the team that refused to move on without her would do what they had spent the last five months preparing for.
‘Status Change’

Wonder Girl : Age 20 -Justice League Level 4 Clearance : Granted
Superboy : - Age 20-Justice League Level 5 Clearance : Granted
Miss Martian : - Age 21-Justice League Level 3 Clearance : Granted
Artimis :- Age 20 -Justice League Level 5 Clearance : Granted
Alter ( Kai Shu-Ran) Age 17 - New Assignment, Team Leader: Titan’s Orient ‘
With a moment to look it over, Nightwing Confirmed. Changing the Status of Chapter One to ‘Inactive’
It would take a month to rebuild Titans Tower to be back to 100% Operation, Nightwing knew. But by morning, every Side-Kick, every Titan, every single young hero who wanted to join the Justice League would know that for the second time since it’s founding, the Original Teen Titans had an empty Roster waiting to be filled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Titan‘s Tower, Jump City Bay-
- May 5th , 8pm, Pacific Time -

“It’s finally Finished, Nightwing.”
Meegan smiled, looking out the common room window next to the elder hero, who had spared the time to oversee the last systems of the Tower coming online and ensuring that it had been completed exactly as Cyborg had designed it. “It’s even better than before… I almost regret that I won’t be living here anymore.”

Nightwing smirked a bit, not turning to look at the green skinned ’Miss Martian’ as she joined him in watching the spectacular sunset to the west over the oceans horizon.
“There are a lot of memories in this place…”

“Feeling Nostalgic, Nightwing?”

“Maybe a little…and how many times to I have to tell you, Meegan, we’re both Leaguer’s now. Call me Dick.”

“I can’t… too many years listening to Conner call you that behind your back.”
Meegan said apologetically, closing her eyes and rubbing the back of her head a bit as she felt a sweat drop along the side of her face.
Nightwing didn’t say anything, trying to calm the vein throb that at his temple and keep from gritting his teeth.

Quickly thinking the best idea was to change the subject, Nightwing let all of his anger at the comment go in a short breath.

“You know, someone else could keep an eye on this place. What with Conner and Cassie throwing themselves into League Work, you don’t have to stay behind.”

“No, this is something I want to do. This place has given me so much, I just want to make sure that the new team has every opportunity that you and Starfire gave me. Any idea who we’re going to get in here yet?”

“No, although we certainly have plenty of recommendations and applications. I still have to finish sorting though them all. I knew Chapters 11 and 12 would all come to call, but I didn’t think that the whole league would start jumping on this and asking me to ’consider’ their various finds and protégés. I’ve got the next few hours off, So I’ll try to narrow it down. Figure out who will gain the most and work out best here.”

Meegan nodded, having several recommendations of her own, but not wanting to try to put any more ’influence’ than was already being exerted on Nightwing for who would take the place on the coveted team. If somebody had told her Seven years ago that she was going to be where she was now, she would have never believed them.

“So… How’s Star?”
Meegan found herself asking, a grin that reached her voice failing to impact the normally perceptive Superhero.

“ Kori? Oh, She’s been fine, Her eating habits have been a little off lately though. Tobasco yogurt was bad enough, but now she’s mixing it up with things like lemon-scented lotion and fudge pudding pops. I honestly thought she was over those cravings.”

At the word ‘Cravings’, Meegan smiled a bit wider, growing quiet as they watched the sun set behind the horizon. While his mind was on the long list of possible applicants and interrupted by memories of Beastboy and Cyborg chasing one another with the Stankball, Raven screaming at them to keep the noise down, and Starfire going though another Jar of Mustard as if it were soda, Meegan was wondering how such a great detective could be so blind to what was staring him in the face in his present personal life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Watchtower Mark 5-
- May 7th, 1am, Metropolis Time Standard-

Another Emergency confronted and defeated, again Nightwing sat at his computer terminal, his eyes burning as he tried to go over the selection process, striving as much as he could to avoid showing favoritism while he considered the remarks of Meegan and the other members of the Justice League in various titan profiles, trying to put his finger on what it was that made a Team.

And having been at it for nearly three hours now, he found himself half-wishing he was still engaged with Clayface’s Protomorph army rather than trying to pick and choose.

It shouldn’t have been this hard.

He had his own preferences of course, and as much as he hated to say it, he was indeed listening to what other leaguer’s had to say… after all, he had not met ALL of these kids personally and he couldn’t with the sort of schedule he had to balance between the League and his role at Wayne Enterprises.
But this had to be done… and as much as he tried to tell himself it wasn’t a mark of favoritism, the mouse scrolled straight to one file over all of the others.
"Owl" - Current Assignment, Raven Guard Member TT- 08. Combat Training/Magic Training. *Several side notes open, several written up by Nightwing himself praising her drive and self-determination*

‘That was one’
He thought, moving the file into the empty field, as he considered who’s advice was the most meaningful to him. The answer was simple, and there had been only one file that his Adoptive Father had commented on at all.
"Deuce" - Current Assignment, Titans Reserve Member 13. Telekinetic/Telepathic. "Warning- Omega-Priority" *A several reports on her progress by her mentors opens on the file, and one in particular that catches Nightwing's eye: * “She can do some good” - Batman - Senior League Member #2.
Dick hesitates for a moment before moving the new file into the Titans Roster (After all, if he couldn’t trust Batman’s Judgment, whose COULD he trust) and then starts to shift though others*

"Glory Hound.... *disregards file*... Issues with Authority.. *disregards file* ...
"Sable" - Current Assignment, Titans Reserve Member 22. Technopathic

“Well, hello there. I guess Victor dragged you up here to, Lupe... well, this will make Cyborg happy, and at least all that garage space will be put to use this time…. “
He felt he was on a roll as he suddenly remembered a conversation he had a few weeks back with another good friend and former ‘young’ hero: Static. “Alright Virgil... Lets see what it says about…" he routes around and finds the file he's looking for
"Garen MacArthur: Alias: Amp, Lightning Lad, Kid Static, Bolt, Storm, Double-A, Wattage, Thundar *list goes on for nearly a page* Current assignment: None (associations with League Member Static refuted). Powers - Electro-Kinesis, Varying degrees of Magnetic-manipulation
There were several notes there from Static, Gear, and a few from Meegan, who had personally interviewed Garen when Static had brought him onto the Watchtower. He was new to the scene… but Robin couldn’t let that be a strike against him considering his history.

He knew that some might complain about this assignment, but it didn’t stop him from following Static’s and Meegan’s recommendation and moving him into the list.

“Sorry, Owl. But this is all part of being a team. Here’s hoping his enthusiasm pays off.”

That left one more.
Who else... Raize had the experience, but Howler had seniority with Titans North. Just as well, basics are covered... Tech, magic, Enthusiasm, even psionics... But what could round that out.

"I have a recommendation...."
A new, clarion clear voice started, jarring Nightwing from his contemplation as he turned with a bird-arang in his hand, ready to snap it out at the first sign of danger.

But there behind him, stepping out of an ankh shaped window of pure light was the Helmeted Gold and Blue Clad figure of the Sorcerer Supreme.
This was a first. While he was indeed a member of the Justice League, Dr. Fate did not often leave his hidden tower on his own accord unless there was some sort of magical emergency that was about to assail the League.
A fact not lost on Nightwing in the fraction of a second it took him to regain his composure

“Fate? Okay, it takes alot to sneak up on me, but…”

“Nights.”
Dr. Fate interrupted, his tone direct and clear, making sure that there was no misunderstanding.

Nightwing raised an eyebrow.
Dr. Fate had never shown any interest in the Titans. Even the magical adepts that they had come across tended to gravitate towards Raven, Zatanna, or hell, even Jason Blood for a few of the darker ones.

And the fact that he didn’t have this particular young hero on his files was….

Wait a minute.

“Wait, Nights? That ‘thing’ you found in England a few months back? Fate, she's an unknown. The League isn't even sure what to do with her. You've said yourself that she shouldn‘t even ‘BE‘ in our world and Zatanna said..."

Dr. Fate’s expressions were completely hidden behind the golden mask, but Nightwing could almost sense the moment of frustration that was rolling off of the Sorcerer Supreme.

"Richard Grayson….“
He started a bit harshly before taking a breath and taking on a less confrontational tone. “Dick...This is important.”

Nightwing furrowed his brow.
Other mentors and Leaguers had been a bit insistent, perhaps even direct in their opinions, but nobody had gone so far as to take that sort of tone with him. Come to think of it, NOBODY spoke to him in that tone unless they were a new egomaniac looking to take over the world over his cold dead body.

It immediately put him on the offensive.

"Look, you found her in London right? Well, in Six months, Harrier is going to try and apply for League Membership, then if she wants it, Nights can take up at Titans UK, but I can't just gloss over at least seven other well qualified…"

With an authority that Nightwing had only heard in the voice of two other men, His Mentor… and the Founder of the Justice League itself, Fate cut him off again.

"Qualifications did not bring the League together, Dick... Nor your Original Titans."
His tone again had that hard edge, but with a magical, reverberating quality that reminded him of Raven when she used to channel her anger. "I think you're forgetting the part that 'Fate' plays in such things."

Nightwing was unmoved and unimpressed. But more than anything, he was suspicious.

"What are you not telling us, 'Nabu' ?"

Dr. Fate did not answer immediately, his glimmering white eyes attempting to peer into Nightwing‘s mask, apparently without success as he stepped back suddenly.

"Focus instead on what I am telling you now. My recommendation is made. Disregard it at your Own Peril "
The Sorcerer Supreme lifts his arms with a sudden flair and swept out of the room in the flash of a golden ankh*

Nightwing sat in silence for a moment.
He didn’t like this. Didn’t like being asked to do something and given only vague, subtle warnings. The defiant, rebellious streak in him almost wanted to turn around and choose another candidate simply to contradict the mage.
But if there was one thing he had learned in his years of friendship with Raven, it was not to take the concerns of such a being lightly. He didn’t like it.... But he knew better than to argue with the Agent of a Lord of Order.

So turning back to the computer, he pulled up a new window and searched the JLU’s database, using his high level clearance to import the relevant files into a new file.
Inputting New Profile: Titan‘s Next Initative -
"Nights": Name Unknown, Age Unknown. Abilities Undefined. Assignment: ....
He knew he was going to get grief over this.
"Nights": Name Unknown, Age Unknown. Abilities Undefined. Assignment :Teen Titans. Member 05

And with that, it was all in motion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEEN TITANS NEXT!
*dark screen*
"-Next"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Titan‘s Tower, Jump City Bay-
- May 15th , 9am, Pacific Time -

The fog breaks as the sun rises over Jump City and the golden, one-way Meta-Glass windows of Titan’s Tower are almost enough to blind the four young heroes standing outside the main entryway, still shaking off the vertigo caused by the Watchtower’s Teleportation system.

They were here, it’s not a mistake, or a dream. These may be strangers beside you now, but as you’ve been informed and introduced, you’re all now Titans… set to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Robin, Superboy, and…

The Doorway opens upward, an automatic sliding door revealing two figures moving out, one walking casually and engaged in conversation with a floating, purple… wait, what ‘IS’ that? Certainly not a robot or a Person, it floats along casually next to a woman with dark green skin and brown hair, quite a few years older than all of you, but you recognize her just the same from her black bodysuit with the red ‘X’ over her torso to the blue cloak.
Miss Martian, One of the Previous Teen Titans
perception 20 to hear the following in a whisper

Miss M: “…And it’s been programmed to give visual ‘and’ audio instructions to voice commands, just ask what you need to know and follow directions, you should be fine.”
Nights: “You won’t tell anybody, right?” *sounds worried*
Miss M: “No, Dr. Fate explained the situation… he also said you get a little shaky when this happens. Are you going to be alright.”
Nights: “Yeah, I just need to settle in, I don‘t like being ‘moved‘.”
The two finally come up and Miss Martian nods with a warm smile.

“Good Morning new Titans. Welcome home. For those of you who haven’t met me, my name is M'gaan, and I’m here as your Justice League Liaison. Now before any of you ask, I am not here as your babysitter or supervisor, My job is just to check in every once and a while to make sure that you’re alright and to evaluate your progress and if you need me, I can be reached 24/7 with a ‘T-Com‘ which you will all receive before I leave. I know you’re mentors and friends have informed you of some of what’s expected and I’m not one for speeches, so I’ll just skip straight to the tour.”
Coming up to you, the ‘girl’ (at least you think it’s a girl) with the odd purple headpiece looks nervous before floating over to join the rest of you.

“Oh, and I know the rest of you have all been introduced, so ‘This’ is Nights. She had a few things that had to be moved into the Tower before everybody else arrived…so let’s move on with the tour.”

Miss Martian answers questions and proceeds to show you the various areas of the Tower, Including the Lower Level Garage and a full Tech-Workshop, a Submarine Bay (complete with an ACTUAL Submarine), Medical Stations with several assistant Droids (courtesy of Wayne Robotics), a Training Gym, Living and Guest Quarters, a common room with a fully stocked kitchen and multiple other amenities, the Evidence Room (which includes ‘recovered trophies from the previous two team’s adventures.) and a helipad on the roof for emergencies.

“Alright, and if there is nothing else, I need to return to the Watchtower. Now, once a week at random I’ll check in with everybody, but aside from that, Titans Tower is yours. Keep up your studies to par and any time you’re not on assignment or patrol is your own.” She produces several palm-sized half-orbs, each black and emblazoned with a ‘T’. They look like they are self adjusting in size to be ‘placed’ onto or into your outfits as you see fit, which should be simple wince the flat part of the half-orb has a thin membrane and adhesive on the back. “And these are for you. You can wear them however you like, but you always need to have either one of these or a hand-held communicator with you any time you leave the tower. “

Post any thoughts upon entering the Tower and an idea of what you do for your first week of interaction with one another. Relationship building Montage time: PP will be awarded for awesome RP posts and playing off one another. Also, Sable: You have no trouble noticing that all of the tech and hardware is state of the art new, including the coms.
Last edited by RobinShirewood on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Teen Titans NEXT - IC. Episode 1 - "Next"

Post by EPIC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:43 pm

SABLE (Lupe Espada)
HP: 1
CND: No Damage

What IS that? Sable pondered, looking at the floating... kid? It looked more like a cartoon out of the television. She activates her Analyzing ability, though is disappointed when she finds the floating person is not some kind of super advanced robot.
"Nice to meet you Nights. I'm Sable"

Though she carries herself with a degree of maturity and control, it's pretty obvious she's all but drooling over every technological thing they pass. Given that it's the newly refurbished Titan Tower.... that meant pretty much everything Not that she was gawking over everything, but there's a particular excited shimmer in her eye throughout the entire tour as she Analyzes and catalogues everything she lays her eyes on, not that anyone else would really be aware of that.

Receiving her official Titans Patch, she peels off the membrain and slaps it to her shoulder proudly, grinning wide. And thus began the week.

DAY 1:
Out-sized only by the boy, Lu stakes her claim on a room as well as a large storage room in the sublevels of the tower for her personal use. By the end of the day, there is a sign over the store room labeled "The Armory", and it is locked with the best encryption Lu could manage without overriding the Tower's entire security network. No-one sees much of her this day she is busy working in 'The Armory' though she does emerge for lunch at some point.

DAY 2:
Lu starts to notice some... 'issues' with her teammates. Owl's mystical energies were fowling up all manner of sensitive electronics, though no-one was doing a better job than Kid Static...or Wattage... or...whatever his codename actually was. Maybe it's to confuse the bad guys into standing still while they try to figure out his codename... hah And that Nights... well, she called herself a 'her', so, she was just all over the place, going through walls. Sable makes a mental note to research into Night's abilities in order to create some kind of countermeasure to keep her out of The Armory. Deuce seemed friendly enough. Lu enjoyed talking with her, and she wasn't making the technology in the Tower fritz up every five minutes or getting into absolutely everything.

DAY 3 to 5:
Much of Lu's days are spend in frustration trying to keep the Tower functioning properly, chasing after Nights for tools the impish dream sprite kept making off with and hiding on her. It is not uncommon to hear her rampaging through the halls shouting; "Nights!! Give me back my <insert name of tool> you little imp!!"

DAY 6:
Lu decides to take a day off... this is foiled by numerous systems acting up in the vecinity of Owl and/or Nanovolt.....Static-Charge...'that boy that wrecks electronics'. She ends up confining Owl and Elecrolad....Jolt Kid... *sigh* in a section of the tower where at least the constant flux of their mystical and electromagnetic energies will be restricted to certain systems only so she can catch up on all the other glitches. How did Cyborg DO this with Raven around?!

DAY 7:
Lu, after being up ALL night working, presents Owl and Powerwatt...... Battery Boy..... *double sigh* with a small wrist device that will absorb their various ambient energies to prevent them from driving her insane causing so much technological problems, at least until she can 'magic-proof' and 'EMP-proof everything important so it doesn't blow up. She then takes a nap with a stern warning about being woken up for anything short of imminent Titan work, and that Deuce be the one to wake her up, since the girl was the only person not driving her nuts the first week in.
Hopefully this works for you all. By the end of the week, everyone who know her name and calling her 'Lu' won't end imaginatively poorly. She's not quite as crazy as this post makes her out to be, but she's dealing with a LOT of techie stuff. Now that she's got Owl and Sparky dealt with temporarily, things will level out.

Everyone should have heard her "Iron-Clad Self Control" mantra at LEAST once as she mutters it under her breath. She's friendly with Deuce, constantly chasing Nights and while she hasn't actually chewed out Owl or Sparky, locking them in a room seemed pretty implied.

Despite how the post looks, she's not unfriendly, even when frustrated, she's juts...frustrated and BUSY, so hasn't had the time to do TOO much socializing with the rest of the team, though there would have been free moments between incidents with the towers systems.

Warr
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Warr » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:00 am

Voltage/Kid-Shock (Garen MacArthur)
CnD: No Damage

Garen wasn't hiding the fact that unlike the rest of those around him he was fresh off the boat when it came to being around when they arrived, for a moment going with what would've instinctively responded to the vertigo of the teleportation system which had brought them all there, and moving to throw up, only to realize his body didn't respond to his mental stimulus to hurl, and instead the humidity hit him and made the boy's body tingle a little bit. Water way way too much water! It made the boy's eyebrow twitch as he tried to reason himself why he hadn't tried to get into a group far far from the sea, and only to remember that he needed to impress his team. The three of them he'd met so far were all girls, which was awesome! But at the same time, the big one seemed a bit strange, and one of them reminded him of some historical something or another. But any of the melodrama washed away as he finally focused on the fact he was on ground, his powers were still working... and he was at Titan's Tower in Jump City, the place which had brought about many superheroes, and which was probably the closest he'd get to getting Static to take him as a Protege [for now]. He couldn't help but grin widely at this all, not only had mom been okay with it, but this meant even Static endorsed him to become a real superhero now.

He stood there in uncharacteristic silence as he dealt with his momentary jitters, and then decided. He had to come up with a serious codename, because Static, Nightwing, Gear, Miss Martian, and the others were giving him a chance! Speaking of Miss Martian, was that her there? Miss Martian, awesome to see M'gaan again! She was really pretty, he thought as he grinned a stupid grin and tried to look at her friend and hear what they were talking about, the mysterious fifth member of the team?
Perception, (1d20+10=14) Fairly far off.
He ended up staring off into space in the general direction of M'gaan until she spoke to them, not saying a word to any of his teammates, or really paying any attention to the area around him as he intently watched M'gaan, practically seething with heat against his foolish smile as she spoke. But then he noticed Nights, as M'gaan introduced her (it?) to the team. He flashed Nights a childishly wide grin, she was cool, I mean she was just floating there without any exertion of energy, which was awesome!

"Wooow! You can float like that without trying? You're cool Nights! I'm Gare- I mean... Nanoshock, er... or Kid Static, or DC,... or...; Well it's nice to meet you, and glad to have you on the team!"

It was an urge to jump up and give Nights a high five, but he restrained himself, he had to keep his some of his mature attitude on for the tour, and as they go about the tour, he is silent, though a slight static aura comes about him occasionally as they go, his excitement literally seeping out as his electrokinesis gets the better of him, combined with his urge to impress his new teammates. I mean, he remembered hearing about Owl before, wasn't she a Protege of Nightwing's? And he knew he'd seen the heart card girl somewhere... toughie, he wasn't so sure on, but still he was around other superheroes, how could he not be excited?

His static energy stays throughout the tour, as it's obvious he's thoroughly interested in it all, but he's practically zapping to and fro in place with excitement as the tour finished, and as it was finished and Miss Martian was done with their tour, handing out their Titan's Patches, he places his on his left forearm, grinning happily.

"Have a great day Miss Martian!" he practically was flying in the air with energy as he said it, before smiling to his new teammates. "Sabre, Owl, Deuce! Nice meeting you, but I'm going to go lay claim to the Galley, because I'm hungry! I'd be happy to make you some food too, I make a mean Peanut Butter and Bananas sandwich!

Day 1: Spends the day eating for a few hours [happily], thinking code names, and laying claim to the highest up room he can, both because he likes the feel of the air around there, but also because he's intent on practicing his powers, so when it comes to training he can prove himself.

Day 2: Spends the day wandering around the tower, reading through the archives and following his realization of a certain room's existence [he had been too busy thinking of if 'Thundar' or 'Macrovolt' sounded cooler], reviewing the Evidence room. Uses the name Lightning Lad when talking to any of the girls.

Day 3-4: Alternates the days between trying to figure out what Nights is, [and who Deuce is, and why Sable doesn't want his help with her technological work,with him being a living power battery.] Also writes his mom, and gets stuck to the ceiling of his room thanks to static electricity [or so he reasoned].

Falls Victim of Owl's magical cooking too, and speaks of how he should have known she ate cobweb stew. Has his mother's letter, and his left tennis shoe, stolen by Nights. Breaks a sensitive device of Sable's which he rescues from Nights and was on the way to return to. Uses the codenames 'Kid Static', and 'Megawatt' on day 4 and 3, respectively.

Day 5: Reads Comic Books, Revels in the Evidence Room, and demands that Deuce and Nights play him in Goldfish. Is utterly defeated? Uses the name 'Wattage' for the day.

Day 6: Finds himself locked in the same room with Owl, which he resorts to digging into his backpack to pull out comic books and offer Owl 'New Adventures of Duckman' and half of his peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich.

Day 7: Decides on the codename 'Voltage', reads comics, makes the whole team a meal consisting of Spagetti and Meatballs, Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches, and Frozen Lemonade Sticks, all made by him in the Gallery in silence, before charging and trying to ninja everyone into the room against their will, including trying to convince everyone to help move Sable's napping place to the Galley.
Garen's name ends up being slipped out by the end of the first day, and he spends most of the week either training, eating, reading comics, or watching other people do their own stuff in between trying to build friendship and revel in the fact he's around superheroes [and other kids like himself]. He also tries to play Basketball, if anyone's up for it, and this includes trying to teach Nights how to play it.

He does all of these things, but beyond that feel free to use him in your timelines. I felt a bit uninspired with this post and may edit it, depending on if other people have posted. Also, Robin, great first post!
Voltage - Teen Titans NEXT
Leviathan - Legacies

NoLifeQueen
Champion
Champion

Adjusting to Nights

Post by NoLifeQueen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Nights
CnD: No Damage, Shaken
Nights missed London.
A very strange feeling indeed considering she had never really 'missed' anything before. But that was because there had never been any real distance between her and anyplace she had wanted to be. Her first night in Fate's Tower had taught her that unlike the Dreamscape, one could not traverse to any location desired in the span of a thought in reality. As much as she tried, she simply did not have the power to make it so.

Still, the Living Figment had other concerns, which were compounded by the disturbing feeling of nausia she got whenever her Gate was moved. They had tried to make her as comfortable as possible during what Dr. Fate had called 'a nessesary relocation', but it still left her uneasy as she floated near the front-door of this Tower where she had been bid.

Did she trust the Mage? She had to.
He was the only being in this realm that understood what she was, that accepted what she could do. He had given her a broader view of this world and what lay beyond. And he seemed to think this was the best course of action and the Kids back home had been very estatic to find out she was going to be a 'Teen Titan'
She just wished she had a better understanding of what that 'meant'

Doctor Fate approached now with a human looking woman, with the exception of the fact that she had a very odd shade of skin she had only seen in pictures and once before on the Space-House: Watchtower

"Nights, this is Miss Martian. You should follow her instructions for the time being and she will explain how this shall work. In the meantime, do attempt not to stir up too much trouble with your new team-mates."
Nights nodded a bit, her larger than life eyes half-lidded. She didn't like the idea of leaving the Mage who had taken her in Six months earlier, but that was an argument they had already had, with her on the losing side.

"Don't worry, Nights. You'll have fun and I'm sure the others will be overjoyed to meet you." Miss Martian said as she moved up next to the floating figment and offered a hand.
Hesitating a moment as she remembered the proper response to this, Nights slid her fingers around M'gaan's and gripped slightly.
Immediately, Nights realized she wasn't going to get much off of this Miss Martian. She was too reserved, too well defended. It was like trying to get a feeling off of a wall. She had feelings of course, powerrful feelings, but she also had a great deal of practice in protecting her mind and controlling what others could lift from her psyche.
Of course the fact that Dr. Fate likely warned her of Night's ability was probably a good reason for this.

Nights watched Fate leave in a flash of golden light and then followed Meegan towards the door as it opened slowly, revealing the outside to Nights for the first time as she had been transported directly into the tower by Fate along with her Gate.

"I understand that you'll be taking care of." Miss Martian hesitated a moment, trying to think of how to discribe the unusual relationship between Nights and the Girl she had seen a few moments earlier. "well, yourself while you're here, so I just wanted to let you know that she's tucked in and safe in your room now. All of the equipment has been set up and it's been programmed to give visual and’ audio instructions to voice commands, just ask what you need to know and follow directions, you should be fine.”
Nights was feeling uncharactreristically vunderable at this point, a nervous shiver running though her body that she didn't really care for. "You won’t tell anybody, right?”

“No, Dr. Fate explained the situation… he also said you get a little shaky when this happens. Are you going to be alright.”
“Yeah, I just need to settle in, I don‘t like being ‘moved‘.” Nights confirmed honestly as she floated alongside Miss Martian, approaching four young humans.

Well, they looked human at least. It was so hard to tell sometimes. Three were girls of very different build and features and one boy who didn't seem all that worried about being so outnumbered.
He must have passed the 'age of reason' that one of her young friends in London, 'Adam' was always talking about. The point where boys lose their mind and start doing whatever girls tell them to.
But far more at the forefront of Night's attention as Miss Martian started to talk was the waves of excitement rolling off of these four teens.

"Oh, Good Morning." She gives a 'closed mouth' smile (The kids did always tell her that her 'big' smiles didn't usually come off as friendly as she intended )as she keeps her lips drawn together. Her tone and accent immediately betraying her adopted nationality.
"Wooow! You can float like that without trying? You're cool Nights! I'm Gare- I mean... Nanoshock, er... or Kid Static, or DC,... or...; Well it's nice to meet you, and glad to have you on the team!"
"Oh, thank you." Nights reached up and stroked one horn, very glad that the initial reaction was more positive than meeting people this age tended to be. "Glad to see I don't disappoint."

It was invigorating to say the least and moving around to stay nearer to her new flatmates as they started to tour the facility, Nights found herself only half-listening as she indulged in the Wonder, Excitement, and Enthusiasm that were filling the air.

Such was their exhuberants that by the time the tour ended, she was feeling much better and fully recovered from her earlier move as she tried to learn the names of her newfound compatriots.

"Sooo, as she said, I'm Nights." She explained as she manuvered around the girl called 'Deuce', easily the smallest of those gathered here. "Don't worry, I don't bite. I don't have to. I'm just hoping we can be friends. So have you ever been a super-hero before? I'm still not sure how it's supposed to go but it involves alot of beating up 'bad guys' doesn't it?"

When Miss Martian announced she was leaving and handed out the devices labled with the same 'T' design she saw everywhere, Nights immediately took it up and pressed the patch into the red crystal on her chest, which glowed for a moment before allowing the device to sink into it.
Vaguely visible under a red-tinted gem-like distortion, the Patch seemed to have become apart of the floating figment before she looked up with a light smile.

"So where do we start?"

Day 1:
Nights liked Garen.
He was downright delicious. So she spent a good deal of time floating either next to him or just over his head, lounging back in the air as he rattled off ideas for names, a concept that amused Nights as she wondered why he would want so badly to confuse people.

"Oh, I know, I know... 'Realtively Normal Hero Man!'"
"No Nights, that's not a super hero name."
"Human-Boy?"
"I can shoot lightning out of my hands."
"And that's not a normal thing, then?"
"No, it's not."
"Alright, how about "Not-So-Normal Boy."

Setting his face into his palm with a large sweatdrop forming on the side of his head, Nights tried to sort things out and It took some time for Garen to explain that a 'code-name' was more than a simple descriptor.

Her time with Garen came to an unfortuante end that day however as around noon he had offered her a 'Peanut-Butter and Maple Syrup' Sandwitch, holding it out in his hand.
Although in her defense, she assumed he was offering the sandwitch 'AND' his hand.

*CHOMPH!* *manages to take the sandwitch and the boy's hand up to the wrist in one bite, showing off just how large her mouth was and her enormous pointed teeth for the first time since she had arrived*

The sensation as Garen panicked was a sudden tart taste to her senses as the inside of her mouth was suddenly assaulted by a violent electrical 'ZAP' that caused her to pull back, her long-tongue and mouth tingling as he watched her with wide eyes.

"OooOOOoohhh I got it! 'SHOCK-TART!' " Nights fell into a giggling fit as she enjoyed the tingle.

For some reason after that, Garen didn't seem as interested in sharing his food with her.

Day 2:
Interested in sharing with her roomates what she was capable of, Nights spends the morning giving them a demonstration of her own powers, trying to explain them as best she could.
Her 'demonstration' on how she could put people to sleep was refered to as a 'widly accurate portrayal of televised golf' by Sable, although Nights wasn't sure why everybody else found this so funny.
Her ability to pass though walls seemed a simultanious source of amusement and concern with Owl finally making her promise she wouldn't 'phase' into areas used for 'Washing', something that the dream figment agreed to, but wasn't quite sure about.

All and all, the day went by quite well and she got to know the others, even Garen (or Lightning Lad at this point, all of those names were SOOO Confusing) seemed to forgive her for yesterday's mistake, actually asking to see her smile. (something he told her to stop right away and advised her against grinning as it was 'just plain freaky' )
It was a good day, or at least it was until that evening, when the group of them were seated around the Telly and Owl asked Nights to pass the remote, which was in front of of Sable and out of her reach. Unfortunately, the larger girl did not seem to appreciate Nights reaching 'though' her chest to reach the device in question.

To say that Lupe (or Lu as she liked to be called) was not amused was a gross understatement.

Day 3-4
With the awkward newness of new friends wearing off, Nights quickly began to find new avenues of entertainment by exploring the tower itself. Although she had been less than attentive thoughout the tour, her ability to move though walls, doors, and ceilings quickly proved a boon as she found several objects of interest in both Owls Room and Sable's Armory.
Lu quickly took to chasing Nights down though the Tower and forbade furthur tampering with one item after another as Nights tried to busy herself by discerning their purpose. Finally she was told (with no small amount of aggitation) that The Armory area was off limits to the figment and she didn't need to touch any of the tools or gagets that were to be found inside. This made things a bit more challenging for Nights, as she had to find the tools and gagets OUTSIDE the armory to play with.

In quite the opposite way, Owl seemed to encourage the idea, Although the trained magical girl had said to them over dinner (Nights attended for the conversation, although she did not eat) that she was going to find whoever had taken her Spellbook and that the 'Games had begun' (which was weird because she tasted eager at this notion of playing hide and seek with her possessions and yet at the same time angry about it). Still, Nights saw no reason not to indulge Owl in this game and decided she enjoyed playing 'Keep Away' like this.

Day 5:
After Owl finds her spellbook taped to the ceiling fan of the Common Room, Nights is nowhere to be found and does not turn up again until late that night, indicating she had gone out to explore the city, animately speaking of the large buildings, shopping centers, and throngs of people that had been looking up and acknowledged her, including a race with a loud flying machine (after some description, she is told it's called a 'Helicopter')
The News that night is also filled with sightings and footage from all around Jump City of a new Super-being unknown flying though the sky and speculation on the part of those who saw the strange creature that it was indeed true that the now Rebuilt Titans Tower was occupied yet again.

Day 6:
Having found the city to be an exciting and bustling place at least as large as her old home of London, Nights quickly tries to convince Deuce to accompany her on one of these 'patrols' that Owl spoke of a few days earlier.
((OOC: Will leave it up to Deuce if she attends and what she and Nights might do in the city ))
Day 7:
Oddly, Nights isn't seen much this morning, staying in her room (the door to which hasn't opened since anybody has arrived) and phasing out only after noon with a defined droop to her shoulders as she floats though the hallways.
After a while, she finds herself in Sable's room, floating above the girl laying in her bed and watching her intently with bright purple cat-eyes as Lu dreams, although not disturbing her as she remains as still and solum as anybody in the tower could say she had been during her time with them in spite of the fact her only witness and company is the exhausted technopath.
-------
GM -Mass Effect: Edge of Perception
Dragoness - We Can Be Heroes (DCAU-JLU)

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Sojobo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Deuce - HP: 1 / LP: 1 / CND: Normal (HAPPY :D )

Secretly, Deuce was happy that Mento had taught her enough mental self-control to not broadcast her thoughts and feelings all the time, because otherwise her new fellow TEEN TITANS (SO AWESOME) and Miss Martian would have had a constant THIS IS AWESOME being chanted in their minds nonstop. Of course, what made Deuce even happier was that she was now a Teen Titan, standing with her fellow awesome teen heroes in front of their new awesome home, the Titan's Tower.

When they were all introduced to each other, she had ignored offered handshakes and instead grabbed everyone and hugged them tightly, grinning and sort of hopping up and down a little. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe we're all team mates now, we are going to be SO AWESOME."

Deuce finally calmed herself down a bit when she saw Miss Martian, her mental teacher before Mento, approach them from the Tower, accompanied by a purple floating thingamabob. She regained her composure, but she still couldn't help but beam broadly. She waited along with everyone else as the strange pair came closer.
Deuce couldn't help but overhear a tidbit of what they were saying. Hmmm, what could that be about? Wait, bad Deuce, its rude to eavesdrop! She pushed the words out of her memory as best she could... which simply meant it would eventually pop back as overwhelming curiosity later.

Deuce waited until everyone else had greeted Nights before she bounced up and immediately tried to hug the purple floating ... thingamabob. "Hi! I'm Deuce, I'm so happy to meet you -"
OOC: So, whats it like to hug a dream figment? Does Deuce phase right through and fall on her face? I'll come up with a response after you respond, NLQ
After introductions and the tour of the Tower (Deuce pulled out a little notepad and began scribbling notes about what was where, etc. etc.), and Miss Martian explained she had to return to the Watchtower (Deuce nodding furiously when Miss Martian mentioned keeping up with their studies), Deuce took the T communicator and slapped it onto her shoulder proudly. She turned to everyone else with bright eyes.

"Oh my gosh, its official... we are the Teen Titans! I want to test this thing out, can you guys hear me? Can you hear me now?"

Day 1
After chatting with everyone a little more, Deuce will excuse herself eventually once she realizes she still had to unpack. She telekinetically levitated her suitcases - it seemed like her adopted mom had packed EVERYTHING in these things - up toward a room fairly close to the Evidence Room; she couldn't wait to go in and look at all the memorabilia from her predecessors and learn all she could about being a Teen Titan.

But first thing was first: once inside her claimed room, her suitcases opened seemingly by themselves and she began telekinetically sorting and organizing all her stuff - stuffed animals, books, clothes, everything began flying onto bookshelves or into closets in neat, orderly lines.

Once everything was away, she realized she had organized stuff exactly how they were at home, and that perhaps she needed a change of pace? She spent the rest of the day rearranging her room, over and over again, going through countless possible arrangements as she tried to optimize, one at a time, for personal comfort, aesthetics, suitability for entertaining guests, defensibility against possible invaders, etc., etc.

Sometime during her organization, Deuce thought she faintly heard a boy yelp, the sound of electricity, and someone giggling. She would have gone to investigate had she not had an epiphany and came up with the optimal room arrangement. 6 hours after she had started, her room looked... exactly like it did back at her normal home. She nodded to herself, very satisfied.

Tired, she curled up on her bed and gazed dreamily at a framed photo on her desk - seemingly of herself, though the girl in the photo had paler skin, and bigger, hollower, sadder eyes.

"We're home, Ace."

Day 2
During breakfast, Deuce oohed and ahhed along with everyone else at Nights' demonstration of her abilities, clapping at some of the more exciting parts. After Nights had finished, she said, "I have an idea! We should ALL show each other our powers, so we can get to know each other! Its like show and tell! Who should go next?"

For her own demonstration, she used her telekinesis to shuffle a deck of cards in mid-air ... while another deck exploded into a cloud of cards before coalescing into a floating house-of-cards version of the Titan's Tower, and a third deck played through a game of speed Solitaire in mid air, simultaneously. She decided not to mention her other powers just yet... they tended to freak people out and she wanted everyone to like her.

After the demonstrations (assuming everyone else partook), Deuce spent some time in the Evidence Room with "Lightning Lad," looking at old footage of the Teen Titans and generally being in awe of everything.

At one point, Deuce's usual cheerfulness seems to slip and she quietly says to no one in particular, "I sure hope we don't disappoint..." It was quickly followed by an amazed "WHOA, did Cyborg just do what I think he did?!" as Deuce returns her attention back to a video of the Teen Titans in action.

Day 3-4
Much of these days involve Deuce cracking up laughing at her team-mates antics: there seemed to be much "borrowing" of things, and Deuce didn't help matters by levitating random things toward Nights when their owners weren't looking. Sable didn't seem as happy about it, so she did her best to try to get her tools back for her. She was enjoying herself so much she was only a teeensy weeensy bit bothered when Nights decided to borrow one of HER things - she was just glad her teddy bear got back to her unharmed.

Day 5
Utterly defeats "Wattage" in Goldfish. And she didn't even read his mind or anything, he was just bad at remembering what cards people had. "You have such a bad memory, no wonder you keep forgetting what your name is!"

Sometime in the evening Deuce approaches Owl. "I heard you trained with Nightwing, and are really good at fighting! I was wondering if maybe you could teach me some moves, so, you know, I can be a better Teen Titan!" She strikes what she assumes is a combative stance and makes random "Heeyah!" sounds.

Its pretty bad.

Day 6
Deuce thinks Nights' idea is a great one. "Yeah, we should get to know the city, since we're its protectors now! Also, I need to practice my flying anyway!" She can't fly herself yet, since it was easier to levitate other objects and just ride on them, so she decided to turn a random carpet into a flying carpet!

"Lead the way!"

Day 7
After an exhilarating time patrolling the city with Nights, Deuce approaches a very tired Sable with a request. "Hey Sable, I know you're really awesome at inventing things, and I was wondering if you could invent me something!" She explains her idea of a giant playing card she could use to fly on, made of a thin, lightweight, but very strong material, that could fold up really small - like into the size of an actual playing card! That way, she'd always have transportation on her. "What do you think? ... oh man, you look tired... late night?" She of course agrees to wake Sable up from her nap, taking it very seriously - the well-being of her team-mates was very important! So when Garen tried to wake Sable up prematurely to get her to come to the Galley, she unleashed the full wrath of her telekinetic fury by assaulting him with flying crumpled up pieces of paper (which she later recycled appropriately).
Last edited by Sojobo on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 am

Owl
HP: 1, LP: 2
Condition: >_>

5/15

Owl is standing near the teleporter in her gray outfit speaking to her team-mates, and being tackle-hugged by Deuce, when she catches the tail end of a whispered conversation and turns to its source.
conversation as Owl hears it wrote: Nights: “...being ‘moved‘.”
Perception Check 9+10=19
She regards the creature with her head tilted slightly, the female looking creature didn't radiate any real Magical energies but she did seem to be some kind of of energy. Owl turned her attention to their host with a slight shake of her head "Good morning Ms. M'orzz, pleased to meet you Ms. Nights." she gives a bow.
As they begin their tour Owl stays near Nights, glancing at her from the corner of her eye from time to time as if trying to figure her out. She walks with M'gann and her team through the tour in near silence, taking in the sights when not glancing at Nights and making note of her new team-mates reactions at the various things inside their new base.
After the tour when she was given her T-Comm, Owl grinned as she peeled off the membrane protector and stuck it on the small of her back, hidden under her jacket/cloak.

A grab bag of cookies that in frosting state "Eat Me" are found on the kitchen table mid-afternoon, although no one saw who put them there...
If anyone eats one they'll find themselves randomly Grown or Shrunk by about 6 inches or their hair or skin (or both) changes color. The effect lasts for 20 minutes.
Having fun with some pre-game 'Ritualist' stuff, the effects would be Sense Dependent (taste), Fades (With 'extra ranks' to make Fades last 20 minutes), Growth 1, Shrinking 1, Morph 1 (Skin color) or Morph 1 (Hair color).
And after a cookie is eaten, you swear you can hear some echoed giggling...

Shortly after waking from her third nap Owl settles in for the night at her computer in her room, flicking over the various holographic images shown on the screen as she goes over her new team-mates files. If she was going to lead them she'd need to know what they could do after all, and she was glad that she convinced Nightwing of that fact, even if it was only the basics that he could send her. She does find the lack of information on Nights a bit troubling though.

5/16
At breakfast Owl went along with the 'show-and-tell', showing her ability to create weapons made of Fire, Ice or tangible Shadow. As well as showing off some of her acrobatic and stealth moves. Even showing her ability to make a huge 10-ton hammer made of shadow after Nights put a banana peel on the floor during Owl's acrobatic show.
After chasing Nights for 10 minutes she explains how she can do more with magic though as some of them take a bit out of her she doesn't show off everything.

After waking up from her second nap, Owl is found in the training room jumping around and dodging in and out of shadow objects she made. "Each day you don't train is a day you are behind everyone else who has trained." she tells 'Lightning Lad' when he comes upon her.

A half hour later Owl puts up a sign on the fridge saying "Each day you don't train is a day you are behind everyone else who has trained. Every day each member is to train for an hour, doesn't have to be physical, make it something suited to your unique abilities."

5/17-5/19
Owl whips up some more magical goodies for those that didn't learn from or experience them the first time, this time they weren't 'marked' and looked like normal food. =^.^=

Later that night at dinner Owl schemes on ways to find and get even with the person/people who got into her room the night before and made off with her spellbook (which she finds the next morning... taped to the fan in the main room...)

Deuce asks Owl to help her with her fighting and she understands why once the young girl throws a few mock punches... Owl gives the girl a run over of the basics that Nightwing started with, encouraging her to learn to fight both using and not using her abilities.

5/20-5/21
Owl spends the rest of the week trying to get various members of the team into the training room with her to practice on working with how they fight, Sable and 'Voltage' are both pretty decent at it, Deuce is already working on her style and Nights... Nights needed work...
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

NoLifeQueen
Champion
Champion

Post by NoLifeQueen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 am

Nights
CnD: Distracted - Annoyed

5/21
To say Nights seems distracted during Owl's attempt at training is an understatement. Although she is able to gracefully flit though an arieal obstacle course without any trouble, her aptitude for direct combat is nearly non-existant as she constantly focuses on evasion and pulling herself skyward and out of reach rather than attacking.
She had told the others about her ability to 'discharge' negitive emotions at foes, but had not demonstraited it yet as she hadn't wanted to harm her newfound companions, however she was beginning to be tempted at either blasting Owl as the magic girl pressed on or attempting to give her a ticket straight into Wonderland.

Pulling back out of a series of strikes of the girl's sticks, Nights folds her arms together and shakes her head.

"I really don't see the point in all of this, lemon-tart." she says aloud, lounging back as if leaning into a reclining chair. "I mean, it works for you, but My body doesn't get out of shape and I don't work up a sweat by moving around. I don't even get out of breath because 'hellooo' I don't breath. Besides, my abilities are a bit." she empahsizes her point by swooping down and passing her body completely 'THOUGH' Owl's torso with a twist and a florish. " Ill suited to fight hand to hand. " There is a slight hint of annoyance in the living figment's voice which ironically matched the same annoyance Owl was feeling at Nights not taking the training seriously.
also, while she may have let on that she's empathic, she has only alluded to the fact that she's constnatly munching on their shed emotions with a constant stream of 'pet names' included (not limited to) : Pudding Pop, Lemon Drop, Pumpkin, Sweetie, gum-drop, cherry, cookie, ect on the food based names... she tends to change them up to what she could discribe their current taste as.
-------

RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by RobinShirewood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:57 am

-Titans Tower- Jump City-
-May 21st, 9:27pm, Pacific Time-

As the quarter moon came out over Jump City, the lights in Titan's Tower are easily visible from the shorelines, a fact not lost on several late-night photo-takers who were eager to get the newly rebuilt 'T-Tower' on digital for themselves.
Inside the Tower, tensions were beginning to simmer lightly as evening turned to night.

Deuce:
After 'recycling' the paper used in your barrage against Voltage, you return to your room to find a surprise waiting for you.
Laying on your bed, a small Playing Card. The 2 of Hearts.
Picking it up, it beeps and immediately folds out to a 3ft x 6 ft Card that hovers in the air.
A small hand-written paper note is set beside it.

"This is your chance. Good Luck" - Image
In some ways, deep down, she finds the note more valuable than being granted the very device she had earlier asked Sable to make.
She gets Ace's hover-card from the original Royal Flush Gang, modified only with the Heart Symbol in place over the Club. Sable will easily be able to replicate and make more after analyzing this should it be destroyed.

Nights and Owl-

In the Gym/Training Room, two very different approaches and personalities start to simmer, the dream figment waving off Owl's all important emphasis on training as being unimportant (or to Owl's ears : 'Beneath her' ). There is a moment that Night's eyes widen a little but, her cat-slit iris' turning from their usual calm blue to a dark green.

"Excuse me a moment, I'll be right back."
She drops suddenly like a stone and vanishes under the floorboards.

Voltage-
Left alone to the kitchen to clean up, you at least have your mother's visit tomorrow to look forward to, under the guise of a ' Required Medical Center Checkup' of course. As you finish putting things away, you wonder if you should hide the fact that 'Doctor MacArthur', the Wayne-Pharmaceutical that has been assigned to access the Titans for the JLU, is indeed your Mom.

Sable-

'Where is she, little dreamer?'
a dark, twisted voice echos though a blackened landscape. Twisted ruins of buildings and blackened overgrowth all around under a dark, violent sun. There is no sign of life as you prod though a horrific and devastated landscape.

Your gauntlet is gone and you can sense no technology, you're not even sure if you are on Earth anymore until you come across one sight that nobody could mistake.
A rusted out, pitted T-shaped building standing alone and in decay in the center of an empty bay.

'I know that you know.... where is the Gate'
The voice comes again, harsher, like gravel mixed with crushed glass in a blender that chills her soul and she gets the immediate urge to run.
'Don't you see? It is already over. You have already lost.'

But she is not a runner... Defiant still, Sable turns to fight.
And looking up, familiarity mixes with an unfathomable horror she can't explain or contain.

"Where is she, Little Dreamer? Where is our Neera?'
---------------------
Lupe wakens suddenly with a start, a damp sweat across her brow.
Although the images quickly begin to fade, her senses are keen enough to note a slight trace of purple disappearing into a wall as she comes to grip at where she is.
---------------------------------------------------
-9: 29pm-

As Nights re-enters the Gym and the others are going about their business, each of you hears a sudden beeping. It takes a moment to realize what it is and where it is coming from as their communicators go off in Sync with one another.

Pulling it out and tapping it, each of you get a holographic image of a news report coming live from the field of Jump City.

"... Standoff begun only minutes ago with multiple armed gunmen at the Axis Chemicals Administrations Offices that has left several local police injured. Although reports remain sketchy involving a meta-human's activity leading the assault on The Axis Offices in this Crisis, Jump City News has confirmed multiple hostages being held inside the office building.
With authorities evacuating the surrounding buildings and area, the immediate goal has been stated for the safe release of the hostages, although attempts at negotiation have as of yet yielded no results. "

To the Titans, Things 'just' got real.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:26 am

SABLE (Lupe Espada)
CND: No Damage

Lu jolts away, breathing fast, eyes darting left and right, catching the flash of purple disappearing into the wall. Brain still working on waking up, Lu just holds her head and tries to get herself under control. It was so vivid....and that...person, it looked like.. Nights, but not. She said she can entrance people into REM sleep, but I was already out..can she maybe influence dreams? There's a scary thought... I'll have to talk to her... and who's Neera? And then the beeping started.

Sable rubs her eyes as she puts her communicator away and hearing the report, following up with a quick stretch. "No rest for the weary I guess." She walks over to the charging dock for her Gauntlet in a corner of the room and slips her arm into her more awesome weapon, the B.T.S Gaunt, or Booster Transfer System. She really needed to give it a better name, but it was what it was.

Releasing safeties on the Gauntlet, Sable exits her room, running diagnostics as she heads to the ready room to meet with the others and figure out strategy, then realizes that was quite unlikely. They still only had rudimentary understanding of each others' powers. They knew Geran, now Voltage, hopefully for a few days at least, could discharge electricity among other applications of electro-magnetism (She made a note to herself to figure out some kind of EM-shielding for herself in case she got caught in one of his blasts or something), but none of them could know how he would act in a fight.

And that was the issue, they didn't know each other well enough to work as a cohesive team, but the bad guys weren't going to wait, and the Titans had to establish presence. I guess if I can't do anything else, all I can do is trust them...right Cyborg?

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Sojobo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 am

Deuce - HP: 1 / LP: 1 / CND: Normal (Energetic :) )

Deuce had taken Owl's advice to heart, and was spending her 1 hour of training practicing with her brand new card platform, zooming through the aerial obstacle course. She also practiced telekinetically blasting targets as she flew around, and towing the heaviest weights she could behind her - multitasking was an important part of productivity, according to the YouPedia.com article on Success - a website that had almost become her religion. After all, she had only been alive for 2 years - she had a lot of stuff to catch up on!

Then her communicator started blipping. She halted her flying card, her heart racing. Axis Offices? Hostages? Oh my gosh, we have to do something!

She flew out of the training room, careening through the halls looking for her teammates.... trailing multiple 1 ton weights...

Warr
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Warr » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Voltage/Kid-Shock (Garen MacArthur)
Luck Points: 1/1
CnD: No Damage

Garen's brow furrowed in concern as he silently finished the dishes, as he thought of tomorrow. He only had to finish drying these dishes; as the remaining food was already put up, with a sizable portion of the Spagetti and Meatballs, as well as two of the frozen lemonade sticks put away with notes attached to them that say: "These are for Sable, eating them will resulting in Static torture! -Garen", [the note seemed intimidating enough to him, but it really wasn't anything anyone would or should worry about. Static torture? Really?] but he was wasting time finishing it.

He didn't want to train anymore, with the more than two thirds of a day training he had done with Owl the day before making his muscles ache ever so slightly, and with the fact that he had more important concerns. Of course, his real name Garen had been leaked to the team, they'd not know what to call him otherwise; but they'd have reason to know his surname if they knew 'Doctor MacArthur' was his mother. And beyond that, he'd put her in danger as who knows what could happen in the future... superheroes went rogue didn't they? And beyond that they could have thought processes stolen from their brain. It was unacceptable, because he wasn't powerful or skilled enough yet to protect his mom if something got out. And he wouldn't let her get hurt.

A spark of electricity lingered over the boy as his emotions built up tension, and thanks to his slightly moist hands, zapped him slightly and sent the plate he was drying skyward, before falling to the ground and cracking. "Darn it... darn Voltage..." he grumbled to himself as he prepared to clean up the cracked dish, but that's when the communicator went off. With a blink, the dark haired young Titan watched the holographic news report, and only part of the way through- that is to say the second the words 'metahuman' were said, the young man left the dish where it was, rushing from the Galley to his room and rushedly putting on his costume. With three falls to count, he finally pulled the elastic like mask over his head, and as it tightened against his face, he nodded, grabbing his coat and running from the room.

With a swat to the communicator, he spoke as fast as he could. "Everyone meet at the Helipad, or in the Foyer... I don't know how many of us can fly. If you can Fly say aye! Aye! We need to hurry, because we need to help those people, it's what the Justice League chose us to be Titans for!"
Voltage - Teen Titans NEXT
Leviathan - Legacies

NoLifeQueen
Champion
Champion

Post by NoLifeQueen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Nights
CnD: Disconcerted

Pausing before she even had a chance to speak, Night reached into her crystal and pulled out the titans patch which immediately projected an image of what was occurring in the city.
"... Standoff begun only minutes ago with multiple armed gunmen at the Axis Chemicals Administrations Offices that has left several local police injured. Although reports remain sketchy involving a meta-human's activity leading the assault on The Axis Offices in this Crisis, Jump City News has confirmed multiple hostages being held inside the office building.
With authorities evacuating the surrounding buildings and area, the immediate goal has been stated for the safe release of the hostages, although attempts at negotiation have as of yet yielded no results. "
There was a look of confusion on her face as the hologram ended it's message, a small map of Jump City showing the location of the event to both her and Owl.

"And this is the part where we... Go kick bad-guy butt?" Nights asked the more experienced human girl with a bit of hesitation.
It occurs to Owl at this point that the only record of her actually doing anything has been assisting in stopping a runaway bus in the UK. Could this cartoon character even handle herself in a fight? Nobody really knew, but so far, Owl had not been impressed by Night's in the Gym as she never moved to offensive.

"I'll follow your lead." Nights nodded to Owl with her head at a slight tilt on it's axis.
It was as if she didn't fully appreciate the fact she was about to rush headlong into a dangerous situation involving gunfire and if the report was to be believed, a meta-human.
This is Night's first outing as a superhero and lacking the 'cultural' emphasis on what they do, she'll pretty much watch, take instruction, and learn for their first mission. So I suppose after you Owl.
-------

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Owl
HP:1, LP:2
Condition: >_<

Owl was about to speak more to Nights about her need to practice when the dream-girl sunk through the floor. Moments after she returned the T-Comms went off and Owl watched the one Nights pulled from herself. The young mage sighed... this was way too soon, the team hadn't been able to train in teamwork yet... she pulled out her T-Comm and tapped on it "Titans! Everyone up to the helipad on the roof!" she let go of the comm and looked to Nights, nodding for them to speak as they raced to the roof "Can you carry someone while flying? I don't know how many of us can fly yet."
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

NoLifeQueen
Champion
Champion

Post by NoLifeQueen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Nights
CnD: Anxious

Flying alongside Owl and keeping pace with ease as the young heroine sprints down the corrdors to the elevator, she tries to sort out the flurry of emotions eminating off the young magi.

There was a twinge of fear there, and tasted like, concern. Why? They all had abilities, even Garen was quite powerful (or so she figured) as normal people couldn't generate such energy like he could (at least that was what he said).
But still, her anxiety was making Nights Anxious as well, and she quickly realized she didn't like the feeling as it was dragging her down.
And she thought she had taken care of any problems she might have for tonight.
"Can you carry someone while flying? I don't know how many of us can fly yet."
"I thought everybody here could fly?" Nights seemed confused for a moment, then looking away sheepishly, her eyes turning a shade of canary yellow as she starts hoping she didn't just insult Owl.

"Well, I could hold and slow you down from falling, I've done that before... but I'm not really strong enough to carry anybody else. OH! Deuce and I went out flying in the City yesterday. She made a Carpet Fly and she sort of rode on it. Maybe you could ride with her?"
Also, got a new themesongfor Nights, Not exactly 'heroey' but fits her. Also you can see how she moves in the video.
-------

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Sojobo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Deuce - HP: 1 / LP: 1 / CND: Normal (Lil Hyper :shock: )

Zipping along on her card, Deuce manages to catch Owl and Nights just as the elevator doors begin to close.

"Hey guys, wait for me!" She telekinetically holds the elevator door open and hops off her card into the elevator, her hovering board folding up into a playing card and floating into a hidden pocket in her costume. She blinks, not understanding why Owl and Nights' eyes are so wide, then she turns around, looks down the hall, and realizes those 1 ton weights she was practicing with are still flying after her at a rather fast speed. They are about to crash right into them.

"Oh, sorry!" Once she realized what was happening, the weights fall to the ground with loud THUDS, denting the floor in front of the elevator fairly badly. She winced. "Sorry..." she says sheepishly.

When asked about flying people, Deuce chews her lip, looking unsure. "I've never flown anyone but myself before, but I can try... I dunno how many I can fit on my card. But, don't we have a helicopter? Why don't we just take that?"