TEEN TITANS NEXT - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

TEEN TITANS NEXT - OOC

Post by RobinShirewood » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:44 pm

“The More Things Change… The More they Stay the Same.”

Teen Titans: NEXT

In a world populated by heroes and villains, even under the shadow of the world’s premeir defenders, The Justice League Unlimited, the name of the Teen Titans shine. Although begun as little more than a lark, a group of super-powered friends who had discovered an unlikely kinship after meeting in Jump City on the West Coast of the United States, the Team Triumphed in the face of great evils during their time while the World’s Finest were intent on other issues, most notably ousting the conquest of the City by the villian known as ’Slade’ and later defeating the extra-dimensional demon known as Trigon. After many adventures tested their teamwork and friendship, it seemed almost an irony that what would finally undo the Titans was a force that not even the Man of Steel could defeat: ‘Time’.

Twelve Years have passed since the formation of the Original Teen Titans and the ‘Teens’ have grown up, most taking their rightful place among the higher echelon ranks of the Justice League itself. However, as was proven in the formation of Titans East, the ‘concept’ was found to be solid. And in a world where the number of young-adults with incredible powers seemed to be constantly on the rise, the now Senior Justice League Member ‘Nightwing’ struck upon the notion that the Titans could not end yet.

With the full backing of the Justice League and the United Nations, Teen Titans NEXT was formed.

Premise : Teen Titans Next follows the DC Animated Universe Canon (Including The Batman/Superman Adventures, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock and of course, Teen Titans.) And is set years after the end of Justice League Unlimited, but Before Batman Beyond’s darker future. The Original Teen Titans (Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy) are now in their late twenties/early thirties and have found their places as respected Members of the Justice League.

Using a model designed by Nightwing (Which would centuries later be used as the Foundation for the Legion of Superheroes), Many major cities in the world host a chapter of the Teen Titans, each with Four to Six Members to train and put their talents to use in the day to day protection of a region. With the standard age requirement of 20 to join the JLU itself (which counted the majority of Earth’s Heroes among it’s numbers) The various chapters of the Teen Titans works as a training and staging ground for the ‘next’ generation rather than leaving young people with powers to stumble about ‘playing’ hero, which has in the past caused so much trouble in the past. The Teen Titans are given a degree of Autonomy, while kept under supervision of a member of the Justice League who checks in from time to time ( with or without the Titan’s knowledge depending on said Member, as Nightwing discovered his mentor, ‘The Batman’ had on occasion observed and evaluated the Titans from a distance, while allowing them to solve their own problems and work to their mutual growth.)

Now, the First Chapter of the Teen Titans has come open… Jump City, where it all began. Titan’s Tower has been renovated (courtesy of Wayne Enterprises) and various applications and evaluations of both current Titan Chapters and New-Comers are taking place all though the Justice League and their Contacts, trying to determine who will take up residence in the home of the original Titans.

Game Setup: This concept was cooked up after a Teen Titans Marathon with my GF during which we discussed how the Titans were set up. The Intention is a game along the same vein as the TV show, a mix of anime/manga and American comic ideals for a mix of humor and drama.

The plan for the game is 35% Combat, 40 % RP-Char Development, 10% Silly Chibi Humor, 10% Serious Drama, 5% Gratuitous Anime Cliché’s (sweat drop, vein throb, mushroom breath, jaw-drop, waffles ect)

Please Note :: This is NOT a Hero High Game… The Teen Titans are a fully functioning Super-Hero Team with Autonomy in their various Regions (which usually lack a patron Hero they might clash with). while the players are young adults, their ‘education’ is purely off screen and self-paced tutoring, monitored and accessed by the Department of Education to ensure that they are meeting at least the standard required aptitude of their age group. And while they do live in the same world as the Justice League Unlimited and such, do NOT expect constant intrusions from various Uber-popular guest-stars. (I’ll limit it to two or three major players for plot purposes, but they are not to steal the spotlight from our New Titans.)

Player Submissions: A few things to take into account.

-- Please please PLEASE only app if you can stay with this game for an extended period. Too many good games fall apart just out of the gate because folks take off. I personally intend to post promise to post at least once a day, but I understand that things do happen. But I ask do not take up a place in game unless you want to see it though for a long while.

-- 3e Game, will accept upgraded 2e mechanics on a case by case basis. Feel free to borrow from 2e source books.

-- PL 10, 150pp . Starting Stats 0 (Average). Power does not actually = responsibility., but no ‘killer’ characters please.

-- World Info : I love to play off of what others offer, please send me your takes on how your char’s interact with the rest of the DC universe and I’ll work it in as best I can to the story lines. One thing to keep in mind is that ‘a lot’ can happen in the 12 years that have passed since the cutoff of the JLU series. Superman is still the leader/founder of The JLU, but beyond that, things have changed quite a bit (Feel free to tamper with the timeline a bit for character creation purposes)

--Age Range : Teen Titans are, as the name suggest, Teens. Please keep characters between 14 - 18 (in mentality if not chronological) with suitable immaturity and fun. A single ’mature’ character (ala robin) is just fine…but it’s kinda the point of the game to be a little crazy and childish.

-- Slots: There are Four Open Positions in the Teen Titans. (the 1st slot taken by my mate and the co-inspiration for the name, No-Life Queen, who is returning with me to the forum for this particular game)

-- Themes : Both Legacy characters and Original Characters in DCU style are perfectly acceptable. Do keep in mind that while the Teen titans have grown up and some have had children (not naming any names till in game) none of their offspring are old enough to become Titans themselves Yet. Connections to established characters is perfectly fine and I don’t mind incorporating Comic-Events (Blackest Night, Death & Return of Superman, ect) into the history of the game… but for the most part sticking with DCAU timeline.

I look forward to seeing what folks come up with.

--Required for Submission: A Character Sheet, at least 1 piece of Character Art (from the internet or other source), , Backstory (include Origin, how they came to JLU’s attention, and if they have any villains of their very own, please list those… you may see them in game XD) and an “In Character” Introduction to the Team.”

Game will start after the characters have been together in the Tower for one Uneventful Week, so we don’t spend 6 pages on meet and greet, although you are all still new enough to be ‘just’ getting to know one another.

-- Will set Deadline for Submission for April 1st, 9pm EST. the Four Best Submissions will be sorted out. IC will go up on the morning of April 2nd and then we can all see what is going down.

Alright.

"TITANS GO!"
Last edited by RobinShirewood on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT
Kara'Mura nar Citadel - Mass Effect: Edge of Perception

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Re: DCA 3e : TEEN TITANS-NEXT RECRUITMENT

Post by hero4hire » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Hmmm. I dig the overall DCAU. I am going to ponder a concept.

Hmmm. What do you think about

Kid Marvel?

Last edited by hero4hire on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoHero
Hireling
Hireling

Post by NoHero » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Hmm.. on the topic of Legacy characters.

I'm tempted to make a legacy version of the Question, but based more on the Justice League cartoon characterisation ("wacky conspiracy theorist" rather than "cancer riddled detective/lesbian martial artist"). Would I have to go for a young Renee Montoya or could I be a little freer with the legacy?

RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by RobinShirewood » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Go all out, Nohero Show me what you got.
"Life is a binary state. You are either alive, or you are dead. If you are one, then you don't have to concern yourself with the other"

GM - Teen Titans NEXT

RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by RobinShirewood » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm

hero4hire wrote:Hmmm. I dig the overall DCAU. I am going to ponder a concept.

Hmmm. What do you think about

Kid Marvel?

Let's see it. :D

GM - Teen Titans NEXT

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: DCA 3e : TEEN TITANS-NEXT (RECRUITMENT)

Post by Sojobo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 am

I've been gone from the forum for a while, but lucky me, the first day I come back to lurk I see a recruitment thread for a DC game! I love the entire DCAU, though haven't really watched the anime-ish Teen Titans (mostly from lack of time), and since I've been really into the new Young Justice show, I'd love to play in this.

One of my favorite minor characters in JLU was Ace, the creepy, insanely powerful telepathic/telekinetic girl from Joker's Royal Flush Gang. Since this is taking place some time after the end of JLU, I'm fairly certain Ace had her final "confrontation" with Batman already and so isn't in the picture anymore (I won't spoil it here, but I loved the episode Epilogue from JLU) - and because her personality would get pretty boring pretty quickly, especially since this is supposed to be more light-hearted, I'm thinking Cadmus had her genetic material in storage and some scientist mastermind type villain (whoever would make a great recurring Complication) stole Ace's DNA and grew up a clone to use as a mental bomb.

Since this clone didn't have the traumatic upbringing that Ace had, I can play her personality however I want; which will probably be spunky and awesome (cuz I'm awesome), since of course the Justice League will have foiled Mr. Villain's plans and rescued the clone. Since the Justice League knows what will ultimately happen to her (since she's a clone of Ace), they can prevent her final fate with, I don't know, special treatments or something, limiting her powers (to appropriate PL's) and preventing her brain from overloading. When she finds out the tragic fate of her predecessor, and how kind Batman was to her, she vows to eventually join the Justice League to help people just like he helped Ace.

I think I'm going to call her Deuce. :D What do you think?

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Plan B » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 am

Considering a radiation based blaster possibly with some brick powers.

Thinking of going with Sunshine as a name.
  • Insert witty comment here.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Post by hero4hire » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:57 am

Based this build off of the official Capt marvel stats. Cramming it into PL 10 makes him quite one dimensional (no skills/few advantages) so I am going to consider this very much a work in progress (and yes I know will is over atm)

Kid Marvel - PL 10

Strength 14, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 7, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6)

Powers
Courage
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Fighting 4 (+4 FGT)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Will +5 (+10))
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Will 10
Speed
. . Flight: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
. . . . Linked Effects
. . . . . . Quickness: Quickness 10 (Linked; Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks)
. . . . . . Speed: Speed 10 (Linked; Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Stamina
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 10
. . Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Strength: Power-lifting 4 (+4 STR for lifting)
Wisdom
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 7 (+7 AWE, Advantages: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-all-trades)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 24)
Throw, +0 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 29)

Complications
Identity: Alternate ID of Freddy Freeman
Power Loss: Must say "Captain Marvel" to gain powers.
Responsibility: To Marvel Family Legacy.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 14, Will 10/7

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 90 + Advantages 1 + Skills 1 (2 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 150

Validation: Will: Exceeds Power Level limit by 2

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

EnderTech
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by EnderTech » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 am

This Is a great idea for a game.I will have a character up soon.I have allways been a fan of Green Arrow and thinking of character along those lines.

RobinShirewood
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by RobinShirewood » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 am

Sojobo wrote: I think I'm going to call her Deuce. :D What do you think?
Very nice concept, I am familiar with Ace and the episode you speak of (where the Confrontation is shown in Flashback) and assuming either A - the clone was made before the Original Ace's death, or B- she had her age accelerated in the same manner as Galataea (Power-Girl), she would reach the age-range of the Teen Titans easily.

Show us more.

Kid Marvel: Hmmm, a little too superman, not enough teen. Try to downgrade some of his powers (I recommend cutting back on speed and immunity (the original marvel was not on full life-support either) and round him out a little bit, kay? Also, call me picky, but Captain Marvel...just doesn't have the same punch as shouting "SHAZAM!" I am also guessing that both Freddie and Kid Marvel are the same age (rather than being like Billy Batson, who went from being like 11 to being an adult.

GM - Teen Titans NEXT

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 am

Welcome back to the boards Robin. I'm glad to see you and NLQ making a (limited) return. Normally, I'd app this in a heartbeat, but, since I'm in 4 games already...I couldn't do the game justice. I hope it goes well.

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot

Post by LasomBrujha » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:01 am

:( Oh pic is required well that sucks. Okay well then I won't submit a character, see ya.
Off screen voice: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
Doctor Who: Fear me, I've killed all of them.

NoHero
Hireling
Hireling

Post by NoHero » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:04 am

Hmm. While building Kid Question, I'm finding a bit of a problem combining the two important aspects of the Question (the brain and the awesome kung fu) into his build. This is probably because I'm still learning the ropes with 3E, but I suppose I should probably go down one route more than the other. What would you guys prefer to see:

A high INT Gadgeteer who makes up for a lack of fighting prowess with wild gizmos
OR
A Cassandra Cain/Lady Shiva kung fu master who makes do with nothing more than a costume and their fists?

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Post by metool2 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 am

... I shouldn't apply for another game. But i'm tempted. n_n Will be constructing a Duela Dent (aka Jokers 'Daughter') character, acrobatic heroic legacy for Joker/Harlequin, maybe a precurser for the DeeDee's in Beyond... etc... wait. Duela Dent. De. De.... Deedees! wow, I never got that till now o_o
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Post by hero4hire » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 am

RobinShirewood wrote:
Kid Marvel: Hmmm, a little too superman, not enough teen. Try to downgrade some of his powers (I recommend cutting back on speed and immunity (the original marvel was not on full life-support either) and round him out a little bit, kay? Also, call me picky, but Captain Marvel...just doesn't have the same punch as shouting "SHAZAM!" I am also guessing that both Freddie and Kid Marvel are the same age (rather than being like Billy Batson, who went from being like 11 to being an adult.
Canon Freddy drew his powers from Captain Marvel originally, but yeah it doesn't quite pack the same punch.

CM's official stats do have him with Life Support under his Stamina power. But I am looking into dialing him back.