Beyond Apocalypse (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Beyond Apocalypse (IC)

Post by ScourgeXLVII » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Crimson and Silver bathed the school grounds of Woodrow Wilson High School. It was just about an hour since classes let out for the day, but the grounds were still buzzing with action. Aside from normal clubs, and activities, like Robotics, and Model UN, there was a large crowd building to watch the Varsity Football Regional Semi-finals. Some people even went as far as to paint their faces Silver and red, or to gather a bunch of friends and Spell out "H" "A" "W" "K" and "S" on their chests. A bit much? Maybe. But you can't fault them for enthusiasm. The last time the Warhawks got this close to the championship, was long before any one at the school could remember. A running joke was that "Woodrow Willson's fourteen points" were actually the school's cumulative score for the entire season. It was quite a long time since they were that bad, and in recent years they had gotten quite good, but the legacy still stuck. The Football Coach, The Cheerleading coach, hell, even the Robotics Instructor were all busy instilling school pride and tenacity. As if the school's collective vigor would empower the team to win.

A few people were gathering outside the School's front doors. Most of them had just come from a club, and an unlucky few from detention. Most of them didn't seem too much in a rush to leave. It was friday evening, and the surrounding town of Clemensville, New Jersey wasn't exactly buzzing with activity. Instead of heading into the bleak beyond, they found loitering in front of the doors to be more appealing.
OOC wrote:Ok, your first post should give a reason for your character to be there. Some reasons are quite obvious, such as the football game or a club. Don't feel limited to those, but feel free to give one of those as a reason.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Beyond Apocalypse (IC)

Post by CelticREI » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Tru Nicholas

Tru stood across the street from the school, a popular spot for the smokers, talking to one of her 'single serving friends'. Tru had been enrolled in Woodrow Wilson for most of this school year, her father having transferred to Fort Dix just a few weeks after the school year started. She was dressed 'geek punk schoolgirl' today, red and black plaid skirt which matched her red hair with black streaks, matching the black sweater-shirt that had the 'Harry Potter' Gryffindor symbol over her left breast, standing atop platform shoes that made her two inches taller than she really was.
Her friend was one of the robotics guys, talking about how he wanted to use her as a model for a 3D rendering of martial arts moves. He seemed pretty decent, after the topic of her doing the moves in the nude with only the sensors attached was quickly dismissed with a glare... she had been lost in thought the last minute or so, thinking that maybe with this she could use it to help teach when she finally started her dojo...
"...and with it we could use your moves to improve not only the realism of games, but think of it being programmed into robots!"
"Huh? Oh, yeah... You convinced me... I'm terrible with names, what was yours again?"
"Keith."
"Cool, Keith, I'm gonna go to the bathroom... alone..." she glares a bit as the young man's eyes bulge "And then I'll check out your sensors and stuff... you with the rest of the robot club guys?"
The man nods and Tru flicks her cigarette into the ground and crushes it.
"Awesome, I'll stop by here in say, half an hour." she said goodbye and went to her locker, bathroom and finally up to the robotics section...
Why was a Marine in an Army/Air Force base, who knows, it's the closest base in New Jersey (the closest Marine base I could find via civ means is in DC)
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Some days, everything seems to be going your way. Days when you feel like you could walk around with a blindfold on, and not run into trouble, like some magic field just brushes away all of the little misfortunes and disappointments. The astrology chart in the paper had said that Cancer was in retrograde and that nothing but fortune would rain on me today. My guess is somebody got it work, since I’m surprised I’ve even managed to survive all the little bouts of bad luck that seem to keep cropping all around me. First, the bus runs a few minutes ahead of schedule, and I arrived at the stop just in time to see it turning the corner at the end of the block, already on its way to school without me. I managed to bike my way accost town in time for first bell, allowing me to sit down in my seat just as the algebra pop quiz was hitting my desk as well. One painful struggle with the quadratic equation later, and I was off to introductory chemistry. Nearly burned my fingers on a hot beaker. Seems I can’t go two feet without tripping over my own shoe laces. I don’t know why Cancer’s in retrograde, but I wish it would stop.

Maybe if there was a kind and caring power somewhere, the final bell would signal the end of my unfortunate streak, so that I’d be jinx free in time for the big game. And for the first thirty seconds or so after final bell, everything did indeed seem to be going well. People we’re a buzz with excitement over the match. War hawks we’re going to win this time, no doubt. I changed into my squad outfit, heading out to meet up with the rest of the team to go over any last minute details before the game. And I made one small mistake of actually being ahead of schedule, and taking a moment to sit on one of the benches to fix my shoelace. And I didn’t notice immediately, but people started giving me kinda awkward looks, snickering a little. Never a good sign in my book. One of them points behind me, and I glance over my shoulder. Bam. There it is, hanging right on the bench, clear as the nose on your face. Wet paint. The back of my uniform is coated with a layer of paint, completely covering the school’s emblem. This could not get ANY worse.

I rush to the girls bathroom, hoping to maybe be able to wash the paint off before it sets. I doubt we have any spares on hand to replace mine. I start scrubbing furiously, not caring that paint gets onto my fingers, coating my arms up to my elbow. This has just got to work…It has to.

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Post by metool2 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:47 pm

The sound of the band echoed in the distance... The crowd murmuring, the cheers and hoots. The anticipation that hung in the air was palpable, and it was no wonder! The entire season had been greater than anyone had anticipated. Long months of hard work, practice, blood, sweat, and tears had been poured into this, this championship they were fighting towards so strongly.

For Jack, this would be his last year. His last year in high school, and the last chance to drive towards the big win. Alone he knew he would never be enough, one guy just couldn't carry an entire team... But as he looked around in the locker room, he smiled. He knew everyone else also was giving it their all, pushing for this win just as hard as he was... He wasn't one dude, he was part of a team!

" Almost there, guys. People are totally going to be talking about this season for years to come." He said, wanting to give voice to his confidence. The opposing team would be difficult, but when faced with their unshakable determination, he trusted that the victory was theirs.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Tru Nicholas
Backing up a quick sec so we can have a slight interaction ;)
While in the bathroom, Tru hears someone come in pretty loudly and sighs to herself If this is -another- freaking Senior prank of 'ah-huh-huh Lets go flush cherry bombs down the girls toilets...' I'm gonna get expelled from breaking some dude's jaw...
She pulled her skirt back down and stormed out of the stall "Alright jerk of..f.." she begins but stops as she spots not a bunch of jocks but a cheerleader with paint -all- over herself... "Hey... wow... how did you get this much paint on you... Here, let me help ya out here..." she pulled out a handkerchief from her mini-backpack and looked to the cheerleader "You don't perhaps have rubbing alcohol on you, do ya? Helps get out paint from clothes...Although I think I have some alcohol swab pads... great on ache, let me tell ya..."
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 pm

huzzah interaction :)
My scrubbing is stalled momentarily by another girl coming out of the stalls, sounding about ready to bite my head off, or at least the head of someone else, since her aggression subsides almost as quickly as it came. She does an emotional 180, snapping over to surprised confusion with what I suspect is a hint of amusement. “Wet paint on one of the benches. The sign had, ah…fallen off.” Not entirely true, but I wanted to at least try and salvage a little dignity. The girl, despite her rather unusual attire, actually seems pretty nice, offering a hand in cleaning up my mess, even suggesting a paint remover. “I don’t have any rubbing alcohol on me. These outfits don’t come with pockets I’m afraid.” But that doesn’t go far in dissuading her either, since she suggests swab pads that might be able to work. Got to give her points for creative quick thinking. “Thanks, you’re a total lifesaver, you know that? I know the squad captain would pull me if I showed up with my backside freshly coated”

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by CaptainChaos » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Tommy Phillips

Tommy;s day had been mostly uneventful except for the pop quiz in Algebra. As soon as the teacher had placed it on his desk, he vaguely remembered something about a quiz coming soon. He had forgotten to study for it. Instead, he had spent the previous night working on his motorcycle. He was almost finished with the upgrades. It had cost him nearly all the money he had earned over the summer doing yard work but it would be worth it.

Tommy couldn't wait until tomorrow. He and his friends were going camping in upstate New York. His friend Greg had just gotten a Jeep for his birthday from his folks. This weekend would be great. Some camping, some off-roading, and lots of fun. They were supposed to leave tonight, but he had convinced them that he had to stay and watch the big game. Actually, it was an excuse to watch the cheerleaders in action. He had a serious crush on Jill and Brittany but all they were interested in was Jack Davidson. However, there was that new girl, Wendy, he thought her name was. She was kind of cute, but not as hot as Brittany and Jill were.

For now, though, he was on his way back to the school. The game would be starting soon and he had run down to the 7-11 for a Big Gulp and some Slim Jims first. He couldn't watch the game on an empty stomach. He hoped his favorite seat behind the cheerleading squad was still open.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Tru Nicholas

Tru smiled, looking to her own skirt and its lack of pockets and nodded "No, I guess they don't have pockets.. and you can't walk around with a backpack while on the field like I can." she said the last bit while digging through her mini-backpack "Feel like Mary freaking Poppins sometimes with this thing... Ah ha!" she pulled out a few little packets that in blue writing said 'Isopropyl Alcohol' on them and hands one to the cheerleader, taking one herself and rubbing it against part of the outfit. "Just don't rub too hard, it'll fade the color a bit."

"My name's Truth, call me Tru." she said, looking up from scrubbing the outfit and then back to the cloth while taking her handkerchief to wiping off some of the paint.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:57 pm

After commenting on her own shortage of pockets, the girl bent over and dug around in her pack, producing a few wipes, handing one to me, along with instructions on proper usage for cleaning. I nod, and begin scrubbing as directed, taking care not to press to hard. She introduces herself as Truth, with a preference for just going by Tru. I repress the temptation to comment on her name, not wanting to be rude. “Wendy. It’s nice to meet you Tru.” Looking at my outfit, I let out a very loud sigh of relief as some of the fabric’s original color began to shine through. Oh thank goodness its working. I guess I might have been pushing a tad hard, since there shading wasn’t quite at 100%, but if it kept up, I’d be able to perform with the rest of the squad. “Tru, You certainly seem to know your stuff. Really, I owe you one, you have no idea. Seems like this is the only thing that’s gone right for me today”

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 am

Tru Nicholas

Tru smiled at Wendy's complement "Thanks, I once got paint all over a dress and my mom taught me the trick. You can use hair spray too, as it has rubbing alcohol in it, but having it straight is much better... and less sticky." she smiled again, most of the paint was gone and with two new alcohol wipes they should be able to get the rest "So how long have you been a cheerleader?" she asked while handing the wipe to Wendy.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

Arknight
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Arknight » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Daniel Collins

Daniel breathed a sigh of relief as the bell rang signalling the end of the school day. It wasn't that he hated school, just the opposite in fact, but the fact that it was a game day and that as a member of the cheerleading squad he was obligated to wear his cheer outfit. He wouldn't mind it so much, but for all of the snickers and strange looks he got for being part of the squad. Sure, a lot of schools had guys on the cheerteam, but those were usually bigger schools where the cheerleading team competed nationally and it was a requirement. As he walked through the hallway, trying to avoid running into anyone, he spotted one of the cheerleaders rushing into the bathroom with paint all over her back. *and that's another reason I hate game days. Too many chances to screw up the outfit. Hope she can get that out, we need everyone we can..

He worked his way toward the gym, still ignoring the couple of comments he got about it, and breathed another sigh as the crowd thinned out a bit outside.

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Wendy Hall

“Hairspray? For real? Never would have even thought of that” I muse, considering the notion. “But ya, Stickiness are best avoided when clothing is involved.” When the wipes ran dry, Tru produced a second set. A little more elbow grease and we’d be finished. I was probably going to be late to the squad meet, but it was better than being absent entirely. “Oh, well, let’s see” I ponder a moment, thinking back. I came to this school at the start of the school year, back in august, and joined the squad about a month later, so that would put it in September. Some quick mental number crunching and “About eight months, give or take.”

With a final push, the worst of the paint was removed. There was some slight discoloration, but that would take a few runs through the dry cleaners to do anything about. I grab a handful of paper towels, running them under the sink so they got nice and damp before I start cleaning the paint off of myself, making sure to get every last drop. After the effort that went into cleaning up, I’d hate to get more paint on my uniform. “So, Tru, you going to be at the game tonight?” I ask, stepping into one of the stalls to put my uniform back on. I try not to shiver as the damp fabric slides onto my skin. Its warm enough out that it’ll dry quickly enough, but that doesn’t make it any more pleasant at the moment.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Maxwell Warren Montegue IV

Max pushed his glasses up once again and wiped his nose on a handkercheif, sniffling for the umpppteenth time. It alternated between too hot under the sun to biting cold as a breeze reminded to the chilly hard bleachers.

The Freshman chanced a glance upward from his seat behind the cheerleading bench. The high skirts, occasionally ruffled by an accomodating breeze made the 14-year-old boy blush furiously and bury his nose in his smart phone once again. He didn't understand why Mr. Strazinski, the Robotics teacher was offering extra credit for the roasting-freezing, allergin-exposure and boredom of a high school football game but he wasn't one to turn up his nose at extra credit... his might one-day get an answer wrong on one of the tests and he would rue the missed opportunity.

He counted down the minutes until he could call Pierce to bring the car to fetch him home.

He glanced guiltily upwards again just as a naughty gust of wind caused cheerleading skirts to flap. He glanced down to his hand-held the redness already spreading up his cheeks.

He sniffled, and blew his nose.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Tru Nicholas

Tru shrugged even though Wendy was in the stall and couldn't see it "They're normally not my scene; a male dominated sport of nothing but pushing an animal skin across a field through other guys..." hmm, but dad -did- say to be home right after school... "...Hey, why not? I'll stay and cheer for you as you guys cheer for the team, how does that sound?"
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by CaptainChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Tommy Phillips

Tommy jogged over to the benches behind the cheerleader squad. There was a kid there he had never seen at one of the games. He stared at the kid for about 30 seconds or so before he recognized him as one of the robotics guys. A Freshman, if he remembered correctly. He couldn't remember the kid's name though.

Oh well, I guess everyone's going to the game today. he thought as he shrugged his shoulders and returned his attention to the sights in front of him just in time for a fortunate gust of wind to blow some skirts up for a quick peek.

"Hey, you're one of those robotics kids, right? I think I remember seeing you when I hired Luke to build a remote starter for my bike. I don't think I've ever seen you at one of the games before. Is this your first one? I go to almost all of them. Not that I care much for football but the scenery is nice to look at, if you know what I mean."