Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 8]: Any Which Way You Can

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am

In the Underbelly [Richard, & Keisha (with Miku, Eric & Terrance)]:

Arkrite wrote:"Aw, crap," He mutters to himself, slowing down so the others can catch up.

"Anybody got something that can make invisible people visable?" Richard askes as quietly as he can, "I just spotted somebody pulling that Predator light bend invisibility."


"Seriously?" Eric questions as he strains his eyes to try and spot what Richard is talking about. Terrance on the other hand takes a defensive posture, apparently trying to be ready for any surprises that might pop up.

kirinke wrote:"Not me.... Where is the bad guy?" when they have the approximate location, she turns to Bling. "Can you make the area around them really reflective, like a kalidascope kinda reflective?" she asked with a mischievious expression on her face.


Terrance shakes his head. "Not really. Just as reflective as gold can normally be in whatever shape it might be in. I can only turn stuff into gold, not change it's shape."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

"Yeah, seriously," Richard says, glancing to Eric, "I'm not pulling your leg."

He looks over at Keshia, "If you have a plan lets hear it, otherwise we need to go right now. They know where we are and probably where we're going, so we need to be gone before they get to either place."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition sneaky.

"Remember the institute?" she asked with a grin and continued. "If Bling can make the area around them shiny and kalidascopy, I can set off a super-bright flash that will blind and dazzle the bad-guy. That'll probably shock em back into visibility. Then we do a combination blitz-dog-pile attack Doom Room style." she looked at them and shrugged. "Unless you guys got something better?"
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard looks at Eric, "How long would it take you to make one of your pictures? I'm thinking two guys carrying a banner, or maybe like a vollyball net between them. One to run in front of us, one to run behind, just big enough to fill the hall?"

He looks to the others, "If they're still around we should notice them the instant it hits them and then we'll know exactly where they are."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

In the Underbelly [Richard & Keisha (with Miku, Eric & Terrance)]: Eric smirks at your question as he digs into the front pocket of the hoodie he's wearing only to pull out a hand-held contraption that looks like something from a sci-fi movie. "Not as long as it took you to ask me."

He then presses one of the few buttons on the device as he makes his way over to the one wall of the hall and proceeds to layout a basic design of a volleyball net and while it's nothing complex the speed at which Eric works is impressive and it's plain to see why he was good as a graffiti tagger. Within a minute he's done and he returns his silver tool to the hoodie pocket and from his one of the larger pockets on his pants he pulls out a folded piece of paper and a roll of clear tape.

Eric unfolds the paper to reveal a pair of teen girls with exaggerated endowments, which he then tapes to the wall next to the large net he'd just drawn and spends a moment concentrating then the two girls start to pull themselves off the wall, their 2-dimensional bodies gaining full 3-dimensional proportions as they seperate from the wall and proceed to giggle and wiggle like the bimbos they look. "Alright gals." Eric says to them with a big, satisfied smile on his face. "Grab the net and run down the hall." He directs them pointing in the direction Richard had indicated he'd seen something.

Both the bimbos nod and quickly grab the net, which quickly transforms from 2-D to 3-D as they free it from the wall and proceed to follow Eric's order. But as they pass the spot Richard had seen the "Predator-effect" the net doesn't snag on anything and as they continue down the hall the net remains empty.

Whatever, or whoever, had been there isn't there anymore it seems.




OOC wrote:One Craft [Artistic] Check: (1d20+9=21) later and that's good enough for Eric to be able to pull off what he's wanting.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard chokes a little at the sight of the bombshell bimbos, and does his best not to stare

"Okay, well, guess that's a sign we really need to get moving," He looks down the hall again, "Lets hurry before they send the cavarly."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition irritated.

Keisha cursed creatively, disparaging the Predator's dubious ancestory and the way his mamma dressed him then added. "Richard's right. We need to book." she also does her best to keep an eye not only on the ground but the ceiling. The rat @#$ could drop on them from above afterall.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 am

Melissa, Curt & Graham: As the three of you start to make your way outside of the school to head towards the Carriage House, Graham suddenly feels a twinge of pain in his temples which brings him to a total stop. After a moment the pain passes mostly and he realizes that he's hearing a voice in his head.

It's Len, contacting him telepathically.

Sorry for any pain I'm causing you Graham but you're pretty much the only student here I've dealt with enough to be able to link up to like this. The Headmaster and me are in the woods to the East of the school, And while you 'hear' this a mental image of a clearing in the nearby woods and how to get there from your current location appear in your mind. We've been trying to hide from the Psions but somehow they've managed to track us down and we need some help. The Headmaster has been doing all he can to stall them but he's only human and it looks like most of the Psions are after us, I don't know how much longer we can hold them off. So any help you could give us would be great.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 am

In the Underbelly [Richard & Keisha (along with Miku, Eric & Terrance)]: Both Eric and Terrance are a bit surprised by Keisha's ability to swear better than a sailor and while Eric laughs a bit Terrance says nothing but they both fall back into place as all of you start making your way towards the woods just outside the school.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound

Len wrote:We've been trying to hide from the Psions but somehow they've managed to track us down and we need some help. The Headmaster has been doing all he can to stall them but he's only human and it looks like most of the Psions are after us, I don't know how much longer we can hold them off. So any help you could give us would be great.


Graham nodded and tried to get a message back to Len so that he would know that he was coming to help him. He held out an over-sized hand to tell the others to stop. "We're going the wrong way!" He shook his head against the headache, "Len just sent me a... message. He and Mr. Summers are cornered by the Psion's east of the school. We need to help them."

Without waiting for a reply Graham made his legs a few inches longer to increase his stride started to run towards the clearing that Len had shown them.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

The good thing was that at least three of the Psions weren't currently after Len and Mr Summers. But Melissa had no idea how many more that left to oppose them. She could only hope it wasn't too many. She turned to follow Graham, uncharacteristically keeping to a straight path rather than dodging from cover to cover. It wasn't going to take them long to overpower Summers and she had no idea how capable Len was of defending himself. Besides, it was unlikely the Psions had someone on lookout.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11883
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Tracer
HP:5
CND:Hotfooting it


Curt was trying to move stealthily, going from cover to cover and keeping quiet, when Graham suddenly stopped, and blurted out something. The Psions were east of them, with the Headmaster and Len cornered. Graham and Melissa took off, not bothering to try and remain out of sight, heading for the trouble.

”Let’s get on it, then.“


Curt followed the other two, using his phasing ability to go straight through obstacles in the way rather than going around them. He kept off to one side of Melissa and Graham, figuring that there was no need for all three of them to walk into something if the Psions saw them coming.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

Everyone: After spending a short time of making their way towards the wooded section of Claremont Melissa, Graham and Curt meet up with Richard, Keisha, Miku, Eric and Terrance as they emerge from the Underbelly access near the woods.

Following a quick sharing of how they arrived at the same point the sounds of others moving through the wooded area are noticed and following them leads everyone to a small clearing where each of you can see the Headmaster and Len surrounded by members of the Psions; Empath, Aura, Argent, and Unani as well as two teenage boys none of you recognize as well as the leader of the Psions - Professor Psion himself.

Currently Len is sporting a home-made blindfold and is covering his ears as Mister Summers stand between him and the Psions. A few dozen feet across from them is Professor Psion with his grandchildren and new recruits being him but it doesn't look like they're trying to attack, instead the elder Psion is talking with the Headmaster.

"Be reasonable Summers. You know that I am much better equipped to help Moodswing deal with his 'guests' than you ever could. Everything you know about psionics could fit in my tea cup if that and we both know it."

Summers just scowls at the other older man. "And what would you do Parker? Find new hosts for the other psychics even though be both know the only way that would work is to find totally healthy people to receive them? That's no worse than what Len is dealing with except divided among six other innocent people and is nothing more than kidnapping and murder since the psychics would have to expell the old personalities to make room for themselves."

Parker Psion merely tut-tuts back. "Please Summers, you always assume the worst in people. I have other options that you haven't considered but are none of your business. Moodswing needs to hear them and share them with the other minds he shares a body with to let them come to a unified desision."


OOC wrote:And now that everyone is back together :wink: ....here's what you find.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard glanced at the setting and felt a sinking feeling in his stomach.

At least three big name Psions, the Proffessor himself and two unknowns vs them. Numbers were on Richard's side, but skill and power weren't nessessarily. So what was the smart play?

Convince them to leave or make it so they couldn't win.

He looked at the others. Curt and Melissa were the quiet ones. If things were going to go to hell then having them in a place where they could hit suddenly and hard might even the odds.

He made the "shh" sign then pointed at them to sneak around either side. To Keshia he made a wait sign by holding up his hand, then he made the same "shh" sign, pointed to a tree. Then he pointed at the blind folded man, made a hugging motion and then hooked his thumb over his shoulder.

Hopefully she'd catch the idea and get him out when the time came.

He turned to Eric, made an hourglass figure, motioned like he was spraying with paint, then held up one finger, then two, then five. He didn't know how well Eric's creations could fight, but the illusion of numbers couldn't hurt.

Then he waved at the rest of them and pointed towards the Psions. Point to them, then to his eyes, then waved to them again. He wanted to distract them.

Then he raised and eyebrow and held out his hands. Maybe one of them had a better idea?
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10996
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm

KEISHA HP 1, CONDITION sorta quiet.

The girl nodded and crouched down, hopefully out of sight, waiting for just the right moment to 'port in and grab Lin. Hopefully, she wouldn't be seen.....


ooc
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3769524/ 14 stealth
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The_Watchman and 4 guests