Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 am

In the Underbelly [Richard, Keisha & Miku]: "Sounds like a plan." Terrance says as he and Eric let Richard take the lead.

"I know a tunnel that'll put us close to the woods." Eric adds as all of you fall into place behind Richard. "Shouldn't take us more than a few minutes to get there."



OOC wrote:I wanna give the other half the group a chance to get caught up with you three, so you're on hold for the moment.

But you can make make some Notice checks and Stealth checks (3 total of both) for the trip.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard moves forward as best he can, keeping well alert for anybody who might be lurking up ahead. His hawk-like vigil, however, doesn't extend to his feet and he quite nearly kicks some debrie through a wall, at which point he turns his attention more on to his own feet, trying to keep himself from tripping over anything else.

OOC: Spot 1d20+7: 23, 27, 14
Stealth 1d20+1: 15, 3, 13
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 2 Condition: Bruised x 1

As soon as Graham's fist snapped back, and he witnessed Curt and Melissa doubling up on the male Psion, the lower part of his body dropped to the ground again and he shot out from his midsection like a cannon ball. Stretching towards the female Psion he shot past her and then attempted to wrap her up with his midsection.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 am

Graham: The blonde girl had just managed to push herself up off the floor when you wrap your extended mid-section all around her in several constricting layers that prevent her from doing much of anything aside from string together a line of curses that you've never heard come from a girl's mouth mixed with teenaged girl screaming/fit throwing.


OOC wrote:That hits, it's a Reflex DC 18.
The Blonde Girl's Reflex Save: (1d20+8=12), fail so she's bound and helpless.

>>
That'll end the 3rd round & the start of the 4th round, Melissa's up.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 am

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa stepped over next to the blond girl while she struggled against Graham's grip. "This ends now." She reached forward and touched the girl on the forehead.

Coup de Grace attack on blondie. With the Crit and Sneak Attack that's Fort DC27 vs Damage and then Fort DC22 or it's instant KO.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:26 pm

KEISHA HP 1, Condition surprisingly stealthy without suits of armor to worry about.

The girl is surprisingly quiet in the tunnels, but unfortunantly, she really isn't noticing much, at least for the first part of the trip. At other points, she's a little less stealthy but noticing more, however, it's funny, but in a tunnel, why are they bothering with stealth? Well practice can't hurt, at least Mr. Ross's lessons in how to place your feet are working right?


ooc
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1114211/
1ST NOTICE CHECK: 9 She has toes!
1ST STEALTH CHECK: 20 Quiet as a mouse.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1114214/
2ND NOTICE CHECK: 21 her friends have toes!
2ND STEALTH CHECK: 14 she's noticing she's not as stealthy as before!
3RD NOTICE CHECK: 17 Fingers! Everyone has Fingers!
3RD STEALTH CHECK: 16 Maybe it wasn't just the suit of armor.... Her shoes?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am

Fight Club [Melissa, Curt & Graham: The blonde girl's tirade comes to an abrupt end as Melissa's touch knocks her out cold.


OOC wrote:There is no way she could make those Fortitude checks so it's a instant KO.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa retracted her hand from the girl and watched her slump in Graham's grasp. "It is pitiful to see life wasted on ones such as these." She looked around. "But we still don't know where Len is."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 2 Condition: Bruise x 1

Graham unraveled himself from around the Psion and gently lowered her to the ground. He was starting to shake a great deal but he made a concerted effort stand back up straight and little taller than he normally was.

Melissa wrote:"It is pitiful to see life wasted on ones such as these." She looked around. "But we still don't know where Len is."


Graham didn't raise an objection to the first part but he wasn't sure that he agreed with the sentiment. "At least these two aren't looking for him now." He looked at the two unconscious psions. "We'll just have to leave them here why we keep looking." He shook his head. "We've taken out three of them so far... How many more can their be searching for him?"

"Maybe we should work on finding some teachers now? Maybe see what's going on with the rest of the school..."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa shrugged. She wasn't one to go running for help but Graham made a good point. Aimless searching wouldn't get them very far. "Everyone else should be in the carriage house by now right?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Tracer
HP:5
CND:Curled at the ends

And suddenly it was over. Amend and the girl both out. Curt resisted the impulse to kick Amend in the ribs a few times for good measure… …just. Instead he took out a marker pen and wrote something in large letters on Amend’s forehead, sticking his tongue out in concentration.

L..O..O..S..E..R

”Heh. Amend is a loser. That’ll take some scrubbing to get out. Loser.“

Curt grinned, pleased with himself. He put the pen away and turned to Melissa and Graham.

”I agree, the Carriage House sounds like the best place to start. Everyone should be there. Let’s just keep ourselves as hidden as we can.“

When they move, Curt will try to stay hidden and use stealth. If they stop for any length of time he’ll use Obscure to hide himself and his two friends, until they move on again.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 4
Condition: Bruised 2

"Grow up, Curt." Melissa sighed audibly. "Let's go the long way, outside, around the gym. Maybe he went that way."

Melissa opened a window and climbed out, keeping an eye out for anything else unusual.

Notice check (1d20 + 8=10) I'll reroll that.
Notice check (1d20 + 8=23)
Not in a hurry, Taking 10 on Stealth for a 25.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 am

In the Underbelly [Richard, & Keisha (with Miku, Eric & Terrance)]: Out in front of the group Richard strains his eyes to see in the long, dark corridor of the Underbelly. For the most part it's pretty easy but given it's the Psions they're dealing with and the fact they can mess with a person's head you don't want to make too many assumptions.

It's as you finish this thought that you see ......something. It's like a flickering on a tv screen or heat rising up off a blacktop street then a body move away from the group in the dim lights before losing sight of it again.



OOC wrote:Celtic has asked that I NPC Miku for a little bit so this just turned into a dynamic pairing of PCs, just to let you all know.

Richard's second Notice check was good enough to beat the DC.

World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard watches the shimmer fade, moving away from the others.

"Aw, crap," He mutters to himself, slowing down so the others can catch up.

"Anybody got something that can make invisible people visable?" Richard askes as quietly as he can, "I just spotted somebody pulling that Predator light bend invisibility."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Arkrite wrote:Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard watches the shimmer fade, moving away from the others.

"Aw, crap," He mutters to himself, slowing down so the others can catch up.

"Anybody got something that can make invisible people visable?" Richard askes as quietly as he can, "I just spotted somebody pulling that Predator light bend invisibility."


KEISHA HP 1, condition fine.

"Not me.... Where is the bad guy?" when they have the approximate location, she turns to Bling. "Can you make the area around them really reflective, like a kalidascope kinda reflective?" she asked with a mischievious expression on her face.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests