Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard nods, "Makes sense. Suppose it's a bit moot since none of us know where the room is."

He frowns. How did a group of mind reading super criminals know where the security room was when the students di- Ah. Never mind.

"Well, if we don't know where it is, and they're already there, we'll have a huge fight just finding out where it is so... Probably smarter to try Eric's idea and check the woods first," He looks to the others, "We can always come back and shake the place down if we don't find anything. Sound good?"
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Terrance adds. "The Psions might have already hit it, that'd explain how they got on campus without triggering any of the school's defenses."


KEISHA HP 1, condition fine.

"Probably, the same thing happened when they hit the Insititute," Keisha agreed glumly. "Damnit. I hate going into something blind."

Terrance shakes his head but Eric has a look on his face that shows he might have an idea. "Maybe the old man headed for the woods, there's a couple ways off the school grounds out that way that aren't easy to spot on the security system."


Keisha shook her head. "Let's check out the areas that are hard to spot on the security systems first. If that doesn't pan out, we'll widen the search to the woods."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 am

In the Underbelly [Keisha, Miku & Richard]:

Keisha shook her head. "Let's check out the areas that are hard to spot on the security systems first. If that doesn't pan out, we'll widen the search to the woods."


"You're missing my point gal," Eric says. "here in the Underbelly and out in the woods are the blind spots. Summers is kinda paranoid and has got eyes all over the rest of the school, there's even some spots in here that have got some but they're mostly around the parts that lead to the Doom Room and the dorms."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard snorts, "So no playing with the high tech stuff and no booty calls?"

He shakes his head, "Okay, lets move, we'll try to keep it quiet. If we run into multiple directions I'll look back to see which way you think we should go."

He lets out a little sigh as he moves to take the lead. If Summers was as paranoid as Eric said then chances are he'd have made his way in here and be in the woods making his escape with whoever else he could find.

Or he was hiding in a closet somewhere on campus unable to move without being spotted.

Richard was hoping for the first option. At least they'd moved to an area where the Psions couldn't keep tabs on them. If they were still running around in the school looking then entire Psion group could have came down on them at any time.

Not very reassuring.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 3 (-1 at end of turn) Condition: Bruised x 1

Graham didn't know how Amend slipped through his attempt to tie him up. To be honest though it wasn't something he had ever tried before just something that he felt like he could do. He was doing more and more of that lately. Ignoring what his head says is smart and just listening to his gut. Relying on his instincts to keep him alive and moving forwards. Even if his brain kept telling him not to listen to his gut, that it was obviously crazy and not to be relied upon.

As Amend shook off his inexperienced attacks Graham was carried past him where he skidded to a stop as the lower half of his body caught up with the top.

Blonde Chick wrote:"What's the matter? Does a pretty face distract you that much?" She gives a flirty look as she bites her lip slightly. "Just wait til I get my hands on you, I'll be the only thing on your mind."


Graham focused on the girl now attacking Curt before his fists expanded with mass and snapped forward towards her back.

"I don't find it that distracting!" He called out before his fists smashed into her.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

You're missing my point gal," Eric says. "here in the Underbelly and out in the woods are the blind spots. Summers is kinda paranoid and has got eyes all over the rest of the school, there's even some spots in here that have got some but they're mostly around the parts that lead to the Doom Room and the dorms."


KEISHA HP 1, CONDITION CONSIDERING AVENUES AND PASSAGEWAYS....

"Good to know. Thanks." she said, then added. "Hey, did you two see Moonquake anywhere while skipping out of the evac? We think that's who the Psions might be after, he's the only new psionic person that's come in recently that would attract their notice."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:43 am

Fight Club [Graham]: Your expanded fist smashes right into the blonde haired girl and she goes flying several feet back before skidding to a stop on the floor and she is slow to pull herself up following that attack.


OOC wrote:Yeah, that's a hit.
Plus since she's not had a chance to use her powers successfully that's going to hurt....a lot.
Blonde Girl's Toughness Save (YEAH RIGHT!!): (1d20+1=11), well it's better than I thought it'd be. But she's still Staggered & Stunned, so she loses her turn this round.

>>>
End of the 2nd round & start of the 3rd.
It's Melissa's turn.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am

In the Underbelly [Miku, Keisha & Richard]:

Keisha wrote:"Good to know. Thanks." she said, then added. "Hey, did you two see Moonquake anywhere while skipping out of the evac? We think that's who the Psions might be after, he's the only new psionic person that's come in recently that would attract their notice."


Terrance replies first. "So they're after him?" He lets a ~tisk~ noise escape from the side of his mouth.

Eric on follows that up. "So what? They only want folks with mental powers in their group? Ain't that racist or something?" Then Terrance elbows him in the side, which forces a whince of pain and prompts another comment. "Nope. Ain't seen him. Wouldn't have a clue what he looked like even if I did."

OOC wrote:whenever you 3 are ready to move on, just let me know. I can do this back-n-forth all day.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

"Never heard of him," Richard says with a shrug. Moonquake? What in the heck did that guy do?

"As for the Psions being racist... kind of. I think they want people who are 'psychics'. But the bad news is that I think they're starting to realize they need some superpowered muscle," Richard frowns, "They tried hiring me a few months back when they where hitting the Institute. And it's only a matter of time before somebody's actually stupid enough to think joining up with them is a good thing."

He lets out a long sigh as Toni comes to mind, "Or find somebody so down on their luck that it seems like a godsend."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Out of the corner of her eye, Melissa saw Graham give the blond Psion a good solid hit. She glared at the one still facing her. "Give up. It'll save you pain." Her red-eyed gaze bored into his.

Demoralize as a Move action with Fast Intimidate and then the Paralyzing gaze.
Intimidate(demoralize) (1d20 + 9=25)
Reflex Save DC18 and then Will save at DC18 or 14.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Eric on follows that up. "So what? They only want folks with mental powers in their group? Ain't that racist or something?"


KEISHA HP 1, condition normal

"Pretty much." Keisha agreed. "Their basic philosophy is that they're better than everyone else, because they have mental powers. They have a kind of neo-nazi ubermench mentality." she shrugged. "At least Empath and Ember exude that in spades." she grinned at the boys.

"If you're gonna trash-talk them to get em mad and distracted, go with that, insult their parentage, powers, skills and stuff. That's how I distracted Ember enough for Richard and Miku to lay on the real damage, cuz she was more or less just batting everything I threw at her aside." she paused and added. "Just be sure to duck when they loose it, because when they do hit you, it's not fun." she said dryly.

"More or less, we should probaby avoid getting into it with em if at all possible, they aren't anything to mess with." she considered. "They're kinda like poking Sloth with a stick, when he's in a bad mood, only worse."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 am

Fight Club [Melissa, Graham & Curt]: Even though he's taken some hard hits Amend holds his ground, even as your eyes lock for a moment and you share with him some of the unspoken truths you know about life.

Some how Amend withstands it but he is visibly bothered by your attack. "Damn girl, what are you?"



OOC wrote:Amend's Sense Motive Check: (1d20+8=11), lol he's Shaken (-2 on all rolls & checks)
Reflex Save: (1d20+6=25), so that'll be the lower Will DC then.
Will Save: (1d20+4=14), and here I figured I'd tank it.
>>>
Curt's turn.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Tracer
HP:5
CND:Time to get to work

Seeing Graham pummel the girl, Curt kept at Amend. Melissa was doing her creepy thing where she sucked the life out of you. Well, maybe it wasn’t really your life, but from what Curt had seen, it sure felt like it was. Amend looked a bit out of it already.

”Time to eat a few, Amend!“

Concentrating, Curt again aims his best shot at the teen bully.

Vibration Blast 8, Penetrating 4: Attack roll: 1d20+8 → [11,8] = (19)
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition on the road again.

"Alright. Let's keep moving, see if we can find the headmaster or anymore ahhh... kids with poor senses of direction." she grinned at the other kids.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 am

Fight Club [Curt, Graham & Melissa]: After barely surviving Melissa's freakish gaze into his soul, Amend is ill-prepaired for Curt's attack which catches him squarely in the chest and sends him flying into the wall over a dozen feet away. Where after leaving a body-shaped indent the melee fighter slides down to the floor, no longer a threat to anyone.

Meanwhile the blonde girl starts to pull herself up off the ground from where Graham had knocked her.



OOC wrote:Curt's attack hits, so that's a Toughness DC 23.
Amend's Toughness Save: (1d20+4=5), serious fail. He's out cold.

And just a reminder, the blonde girl is Staggered & Stunned (this round).
>>>
That'll make it Graham's turn.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests