Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 8]: Any Which Way You Can

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 4
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa fought off the blond girl's assault and prepared to get herself out from between the two foes.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11890
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Fight Club [Curt, Melissa & Graham]:

The former victim frowns as Melissa wiggles her way free of her grip but says nothing as she moves far enough away from Amend as to not make them easy to target together.

OOC wrote:Lucky you.
That'll end this round & start the 2nd.
So that makes it Melissa's turn.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 pm

In the Underbelly [Keisha, Miku & Richard]: As Richard moves closer to the voices his heavy footsteps hush the voices before you can see them but as you continue down the hall as it descends deeper into the ground and you find a small break-like area with a small table that fold out of the wall propped out with cards laying out on it and Terrance Brown (a.k.a. Bling) and Eric McGuit (a.k.a. Tag) standing next to it.

Terrance sees you and gives you a slight nod while Eric seems bothered to be found at all.

"What do you want Dunn?" He asks as you come closer. "Figured you'd be with all the other suck-up, Albrighters doing what the old man says." As he speaks he produces a lit cigarette from behind his back and sticks in the corner of his mouth, taking a hit after finishing talking.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

"I would, guy has got me by the balls after all. Except this isn't a drill," Richard says looking at his unnaturally red hands before shaking his head and turning his attention back to the guys, "Psions busted in and set loose their pet psycho on us. You know Ember?"

He shrugs, "Long story short, most of the school is in the bunker, two teachers are hospitalized, and god knows where the rest of Psions are. We're looking for the old man."

"Good news? Ember's down and we got an exit for you guys,"
Richard shrugs a thumb over his shoulder at Keshia, "All you got to do is come up with a beliveable story for how you guys got lost instead of winding up with us at the bunker."

He wasn't sure if the table was the Janitor's, or if they'd just been using this area as a hideout. Either way he wasn't really bothered by any of it. If the worst they were doing was smoking cigerettes and playing cards instead of hitting class? Well, hell, let them.
Wasn't like he hadn't skipped a class, or had friends that smoked.

Though after the fight with Ember he personally didn't want to smell smoke again for at least a year.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 am

KEISHA HP 1, condition amused

The girl shook her head, ignoring the Albrighter comment for the moment. "Yeah, right now we don't know how many Psions are in the school, they're dangerous, like really dangerous and they tend to travel in a pack." she told them soberly.

"Pyscho Ms. !@#$ took out Mr. Archer and Mr. Ross. Not to mention, they also were responsible for the Albright break in a while ago." her strong language was a good indication of the seriousness of the situation. "This is the real !@#$ guys, and no game of super-powered king of the mountain in the Doom Room."

"If you want to go to the bunker, I'll be glad to take you. If you want to join us in the irritating of the Psions and finding the headmaster, also good." she grinned at the boys,
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:39 am

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 4
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa didn't waste a second as the girl backed away. As far as she was concerned, keeping them spaced out just made things easier on her. With room to maneuver, she leapt into the air and inverted as she passed over Amend. She reached down to make contact with his head, reasoning that her attack didn't rely on physical force to do its damage.

Acrobatic bluff as a move action and then another Hand of Fate attack.
Acrobatic bluff (1d20 + 13 - 5=14)
Melee attack (1d20 + 9=22) Fort DC 19 if that hits. DC22 if he falls for the bluff.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11890
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 am

Tracer
HP:5
CND:Grinning

Curt was surprised when the ‘victim’ turned around and attacked Melissa. ”Why you little…“ he started to say, then stopped with a grin. That was just the sort of sneaky thing he might have tried, if the positions were reversed.

”Nice acting.“ he shot at the girl ”Still gonna have to take you and loverboy here down, though.“

Curt aimed his power at Amend, trying to knock him over, like he’d done to the dummies in the Doom Room. Only thing was, it was a lot harder in real life, when your target was trying to avoid getting hit.

Attack Roll: 1d20+8 → [3,8] = (11) …and that’s a miss.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:34 am

In the Underbelly [Richard, Keisha & Miku]:

"I would, guy has got me by the balls after all. Except this isn't a drill," Richard says looking at his unnaturally red hands before shaking his head and turning his attention back to the guys, "Psions busted in and set loose their pet psycho on us. You know Ember?"



Eric's mouth hangs open somewhat at this statement, almost losing him his cigarette as Terrance frowns slightly.

He shrugs, "Long story short, most of the school is in the bunker, two teachers are hospitalized, and god knows where the rest of Psions are. We're looking for the old man."

"Good news? Ember's down and we got an exit for you guys," Richard shrugs a thumb over his shoulder at Keshia, "All you got to do is come up with a beliveable story for how you guys got lost instead of winding up with us at the bunker."



The girl shook her head, ignoring the Albrighter comment for the moment. "Yeah, right now we don't know how many Psions are in the school, they're dangerous, like really dangerous and they tend to travel in a pack." she told them soberly.

"Pyscho Ms. !@#$ took out Mr. Archer and Mr. Ross. Not to mention, they also were responsible for the Albright break in a while ago." her strong language was a good indication of the seriousness of the situation. "This is the real !@#$ guys, and no game of super-powered king of the mountain in the Doom Room."

"If you want to go to the bunker, I'll be glad to take you. If you want to join us in the irritating of the Psions and finding the headmaster, also good." she grinned at the boys,


At the news of certain teachers being taken out by Ember, Eric lets out a quiet 'daaammnn' while Terrance puts away the cards and breaks the table down back into the wall, making it clear it's a kind of break station that has been built into the Underbelly. Then the two slackers share a look between themselves before Terrance speaks.

"We'll roll with you. It'll sound better that we saw some of the Psions and ducked in here before running into your crew." Eric nods in eager agreement as he digs in the front pocket of his hoodie to produce a high tech looking airbrush. "Sides, it might score us some points with the chicks if we tell 'em we were fightin' for the school." He grins a mischievous grin that shows he's already thinking of how to play this up for his own benefit.

"Let's roll."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 am

"We'll roll with you. It'll sound better that we saw some of the Psions and ducked in here before running into your crew." Eric nods in eager agreement as he digs in the front pocket of his hoodie to produce a high tech looking airbrush. "Sides, it might score us some points with the chicks if we tell 'em we were fightin' for the school." He grins a mischievous grin that shows he's already thinking of how to play this up for his own benefit.
"Let's roll."


KEISHA HP 1, condition fine

The girl nodded in understanding. "Alright, we'll go with that story. Just remember, some of those !@#$ can really screw with your mind, Empath can make you feel like Cerebus himself is snapping at your heels and Aura can actually make it seem like it's happening for real. I figure some of em can even take control of your mind, so if you start acting really odd, don't take it personal if Richard, me or Miku knock you out. I won't take it personal if it happens to me." she grinned at the boys, but underneath the smile, you can tell she's deadly serious. "Just... This ain't a game anymore. It's real." she said, giving them the basic low-down on what they will probably be facing.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard gives Keshia a long look with his jaw hanging open, "Uh...."

He shakes his head, "We're not playing the paranoia game. We're playing the sneaky bastard game."

"If we can, we go past them. We're just looking for the Old man, or anybody else who's with us. Let's worry about the things we can't control when we get to it."


The last thing he wanted was the entire group getting jumpy and taking swings at each other because they were acting "strange".

He looks over at the group, "I'm taking the lead, unless one of you guys is feeling super sneaky. At least that way I'll take the first hit if we run into anything. Keshia, watch the back?"

He stops then looks at Eric and Terrance, "I don't suppose you guys have any thoughts on where we should look first? Looks like you guys know this place better than we do."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:33 am

Arkrite wrote:Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard gives Keshia a long look with his jaw hanging open, "Uh...."

He shakes his head, "We're not playing the paranoia game. We're playing the sneaky bastard game."

"If we can, we go past them. We're just looking for the Old man, or anybody else who's with us. Let's worry about the things we can't control when we get to it."


The last thing he wanted was the entire group getting jumpy and taking swings at each other because they were acting "strange".

He looks over at the group, "I'm taking the lead, unless one of you guys is feeling super sneaky. At least that way I'll take the first hit if we run into anything. Keshia, watch the back?"

He stops then looks at Eric and Terrance, "I don't suppose you guys have any thoughts on where we should look first? Looks like you guys know this place better than we do."


KEISHA HP 1, CONDITION FINE
The girl nodded. "Sorry Rich, just wanted to give em a heads up on what we're gonna probly face." she sighed. "I got no problem with watching everyone's back and being the emergency exit if things go south."
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am

Fight Club [Curt, Melissa & Graham]: Melissa's attack hit and despite it not looking like there was much force behind it the Hand of Fate doesn't rely on simple physics to inflict it's damage and Amend is almost driven to his knees from the attack, but he manages to just barely recover himself enough to unleash a flurry of baton attacks that drive his attacker back.


Curt wrote:”Nice acting.“ he shot at the girl ”Still gonna have to take you and loverboy here down, though.“


But despite his bravado, Curt's aim is off and his shot goes high and to the side of his intended target. The ceiling however isn't able to get clear and a chunk of debris falls to the floor as a result.

The blonde girl laughs. "What's the matter? Does a pretty face distract you that much?" She gives a flirty look as she bites her lip slightly. "Just wait til I get my hands on you, I'll be the only thing on your mind."


OOC wrote:Amend's Sense Motive: (1d20+8=11), he fails.
Fortitude Save: (1d20+8=12)...ow.
That'll leave Amend Bruised, Staggered & Stunned but I'm Fiating the Stun off so HP for that.

Curt's attack does miss so that'll make it Amend's turn.
He's using aid action to help the blonde girl.
Amend's Aid Action Roll: (1d20+8=27), and with his two ranks of Teamwork that's a +4 bonus to her.

>>>
Graham's turn.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:45 am

In the Underbelly [Keisha, Richard & Miku]:

Richard wrote:"I'm taking the lead, unless one of you guys is feeling super sneaky. At least that way I'll take the first hit if we run into anything. Keshia, watch the back?"


Both Terrance and Eric shake their heads at the offer, they both realize their powers don't make them up front fighters and they both know you can take a hit better than either one of them.

Richard wrote:He stops then looks at Eric and Terrance, "I don't suppose you guys have any thoughts on where we should look first? Looks like you guys know this place better than we do."


Terrance shakes his head but Eric has a look on his face that shows he might have an idea. "Maybe the old man headed for the woods, there's a couple ways off the school grounds out that way that aren't easy to spot on the security system."
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard raised an eyebrow, "Wait, there is a security system then?"

He licks his lips, "Do you guys know where the security room is? If we can get in there we could get a pretty good idea on what's going on in the entire school without stumbling around. Cut down our search down."

He frowns, "Of course if the psions have the same idea it'll probably mean a fight."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 am

In the Underbelly [Richard, Miku & Keisha]: Eric nods his head. "Oh yeah man, the Old Man has eyes all over the school."

Terrance adds. "The Psions might have already hit it, that'd explain how they got on campus without triggering any of the school's defenses."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cyborgsamurai, digitalangel, EnigmaticOne, Illusionista, kanly, kenseido, Kreuzritter, SilvercatMoonpaw and 8 guests