Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:05 am

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 3 Condition: Bruised x 1

Melissa wrote:"You've overcome it so far." Melissa reached out to Graham, felt awkward and then pulled back. "You can keep it up."


"I don't think I--"

Graham was interrupted by the familiar sound of someone vomiting, this time it wasn't him though, right after a vicious backhand sent the girl closer to the door. Melissa was moving before Graham could get going. But he stretched himself out, slithering past the girl to wrap himself around the young man that was attacking her. His torso and legs stretched almost paper thin as wrapped round and around Amend with his chest arms and head still being normal size and just above and behind the Psion.

"Ar... are you alright?" He asked the girl.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard snaps his fingers as a thought occurs to him. The result is akin to a gunshot, and he promptly cringes and mumbles, "Sorry. Sorry."

"I just remembered, I think Curt was telling me that there's something called the Underbelly, basically Maintenance tunnels under the entire school," He looks at the others, "If I was trying to sneak past these guy it'd probably be the best bet..."

He frowns, "Except we haven't seen any of the Psions either so there's a chance they got to it too... either way, maybe we should get down there and see if anybody there..."

He coughs, suddenly bashful, "Except I don't know how to get down there."

He looks at Miku, the new girl, then over to Keshia. She was the one at the Institute longest, maybe she'd know.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:50 am

IC Keisha HP 1, condition fine

"Hmmm. I think there might be an entrance close by." she grinned sheepishly. "Remember that time I ah pranked Sloth? One of the teachers caught me red-handed and landed me with detention. I had to help the custodian as part of my punishment, so I got up close and personal with the tunnel system." she explained as she searched the area. "I just hope I can remember where the entrance is... Ah-ha." she said, going to what looked like a blank wall and pressing a particular tile, it depressed into the wall, which in turn activated the concealed door, revealing a passage. "There you are...."

"Neat huh? Kinda reminds me of that movie Labryinth. Only without the goblins." she paused. "Unless you count the Psions as goblins...."

ooc
Basic knowledge check to figure out where the entrances to the tunnel systems are: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1102028/ 15 (made the DC 10 check)
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 4
Condition: Bruised 2

Notice check (1d20 + 8=14) Yeah, I'll HP that, which gives me a minimum of 19.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

"Some of them," Richard grunts.

"I'll go first, in case anythign jumps out at us. Make sure you close it up behind us. if they don't know about it I don't want them stumbling in after us."

He gives the passageway a look, then down the hall on both side then steps inside.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

Melissa, Graham & Curt:

OOC wrote:I'll just roll Curt's Initiative.
Initiative [GM Rolled]: (1d20+4=15)

Initiative Order:
Melissa - 19
Curt -15
Amend -13 (Bruised)
Graham - 11 (higher dex mod)
Girl in Danger - 11

So right now it's Curt's turn, I'll give him a few days to get caught up & do a post before moving things along.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am

Richard, Keisha & Miku: The hidden hallway is dimly lit by a series of lights that are set up where the side walls connect to the ceiling, but the small orbs give off enough light that all of you can see with no trouble.

At this point all of you can see in the distance where small red lights sit halfway in the middle of the wall, just like the one that is next to the door the three of you just entered through. From what you can tell there are two more in this part of the Underbelly and the hall seems to go on a downward slope to the point that you can't see where it ends.



OOC wrote:Notice Checks for everyone, DC 10
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard gives the hall a long look before muttering, "Didn't I see this in a horror movie once?"

OOC: Notice: 1d20+7=21
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Richard gives the hall a long look before muttering, "Didn't I see this in a horror movie once?"


"Shall we stay to the right?" Keisha quips right back as she studied everything. "Or go left or neither way?"


ooc
Notice Check 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3721929/
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Tracer
HP:5
CND:Attack!! Banzai!

Seeing Amend losing his lunch, Curt grinned. ’No less than you deserve. Here comes dessert!’. He concentrated his powers on the hapless Psion, trying to take him out of the fight.

Vibration Blast (penetrating 4) Vibration Blast: Attack Roll: 1d20+6 → [8,6] = (14)

HP to re-roll: 1d20+6 → [11,6] = (17)

DC 25 if that hits…
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 am

Melissa, Graham & Curt: Even though he's hidden from sight Curt's vibrational attack isn't and Amend spots it just before it reaches him. The athletic teen shifts his stance several feet in a fluid move that those of you who've watched MMA fights recognize, he then follows that up by moving the batons in his hands in a set of circular patterns with a speed that makes it difficult to follow exactly where they are until he moves towards Melissa and quickly lands a blow to her ribs.

Then as Graham reaches out with his stretched out limbs to wrap Amend up, the stick wielding teen tucks and rolls his way free of the attempt to grapple him coming up almost where he'd been originally in the center of the room.

"I ain't going down like that." He defiantely states.

OOC wrote:Curt's attack misses, and that'll bring us to Amend's turn.

He's attacking Melissa, Melee Attack: (1d20+8=26), that hits. It's a Toughness DC 20 for her.

Graham's Snare attack does hit, so that's a Reflex DC 18.
Amend's Reflex Save: (1d20+8=23), but he beats that.

I want to wait and let Shock have a chance to roll Melissa's Toughness Save against Amend's attack before getting to what the Notice check was for so I'm going hold off on finishing the rest of the round for the moment. So once he's posted that I'll wrap this round up.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 4
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa sucked in her breath and jumped back, lessening the impact of the baton to almost nothing.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 am

Richard, Miku & Keisha: All three of you stop in your tracks as each of you manage to pick up bits of someone else talking, two guys from the sound of it.

"So what kind of stupid drill do you think the old man called for today?"

"No clue but I ain't getting in close with all those feebs."


The smell of someone smoking hits you about this point.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

In the fight [Melissa, Curt & Graham]: Jumping back away from Amend managed to save you from the majority of his attack but at the last moment you realize that someone is directly behind you, and as you spin on your heel you find that it's Amend's former victim; now standing upright and grabbing you with a wicked smile on her face.


OOC wrote:Once again you manage to make the Notice check, so no Surprise attack on Melissa.
But there's still another attack.
Her Melee Attack: (1d20+8=24), that should be a hit. Melissa needs to roll against a Will DC 18.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard rolled his shoulders and squeezed his hands into fists twice.

Smart money said it was students talking about Summers and not Psions talking about, well, Psion. Of course smart money also said he should send the girls first to get a look at who they were dealing with.

Of course that would mean sending in two, squishy, teenage girls to see what dangers were up ahead. He just couldn't come up with a good reason to risk them instead of just doing it himself.

So he stood up straight and walked straight over to see who was playing hooky from what.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests