Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 3 Condition: Bruised x 1

Melissa wrote:"Stay back! Something isn't right about this."


Graham was happy that he didn't verbally yelp when Melissa yanked him back before he could walk through the door and play bait. "I can see that." He said with a whisper. "But unless you just want to jump them before we know what's going on I can go in there and either spring a trap or get a reaction out of them. Either way you and Curt would be right here to move in and help me."

He glanced through the door again at the girl crying. "We've got to do something."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

"You're not bait." Melissa didn't understand why Graham kept trying to make himself a target. First with the Piper and now twice today. She did understand the need to do something but she didn't really believe that the girl was in danger. "Just wait. Let's see what he's really doing." She stared forward, trying to figure out what was wrong with the scene.

Does Melissa's Life Sense pick up anything about either of them? Can she sense anyone else hiding in the room?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 am

Keisha, Richard & Miku: As you carefully make your way out of the Headmaster's office you don't spot any signs of trouble, or the Psions either, and start checking rooms for any sign of the Headmater.



OOC wrote:Two things.
1). Keisha recalls that psionically powered semi-criminal, Moonquake has become a guest at Claremont just a few days ago.

2). Let's have an IANAI roll from all three of you, (or a straight Wisdom check on a d20). the DC is 10.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:27 am

Shock wrote:Does Melissa's Life Sense pick up anything about either of them? Can she sense anyone else hiding in the room?




OOC wrote:Amend and the blonde girl are in the room, it's not an illusion or anythign like that, that you can tell and there is nobody else in the room.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard takes the lead on any doors that are open, stepping in to look around before moving on. The advantages to being really really ridiculously invulerable included being able to walk into an ambush without a big ingenious backup plan to save yourself afterwards.

That, of course, would be where his companions would fit in if the need arrose, but he was fairly confident that he could weather the first blow with greater ease than either of them.

He shifted his weight uneasily as they made their way through yet another room.

It wasn't much of a surprise that the office staff had left, but he couldn't help but wonder where the rest of the Psions were hiding.

OOC:
IANAI: 1d20=12
Notice: 1d20+7=17
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Tracer
HP:7-1=6
CND:On the attack

Seeing Amend slapping a girl really didn’t sit well with Curt. She was probably one of his classmates, even though he couldn’t see enough of her to recognise who it was. Time to take action and deal with this bully. ’Time for a little bad medicine…’


Curt silently eased himself into the room, concealing himself as best he could somewhere along the wall he’d come through, and focused his annoyance on Amend.



Using Stealth {+16} and Hide in Plain Sight; switching AP to Nauseate 8 [Feats: Extended range 2; Subtle 2]

Attack Roll: 1d20+8 → [3,8] = (11)

Spending HP to reroll: Attack Roll: 1d20+8 → [9,8] = (17) That’s less than 10, so the final result is 10+8 = 18
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:55 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition fine

The girl keeps alert for any signs of unpleasantness while chatting with Richard, though for the most part, she's worried about any number of things, chief amongst them, is how the people still trapped in the school are faring against the psions (from past experience, she knows some people don't always follow evac orders).

ooc
Search 25
Notice 10
Wisdom Check 20 (I actually made the wisdom check first.
IANAI 7 (What's this?)
http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?roll ... n=&latest=
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am

Graham Clark - Rebound

Shock wrote:"You're not bait."


"I can't do anything else..." Graham muttered as his head hung a little. "and if I stop moving... I don't know if I could start again." It's clear that he's scared. Very scared. "I'm not like the rest of you guys..."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

"You've overcome it so far." Melissa reached out to Graham, felt awkward and then pulled back. "You can keep it up."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 am

Curt, Graham & Melissa: Curt makes his way into the room as Amend gives his current victim a backhand just before being targeted with another dose of Curt's vibrational energy that's meant to disrupt the balance of his stomach.

Within seconds Amend grabs at his mid-section then steps away from the girl just before emptying the remaining contents of his stomach onto the floor as his victim makes use of the distraction to crawl away from the member of the Psions before rising up to her feet and moving towards the door where Melissa and Graham have been watching the scene unfold.






OOC wrote:Curt's attack hits.
Amend's Fortitude Save: (1d20+8=11), that's a fail by 7 so he's nauseated & unable to do anything other than take a single move action each round until he can make the save.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 am

OOC wrote:Celtic, I'm waiting for Miku's IANAI check before moving on this part of the group.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa bit back a curse of frustration when she saw the obvious results of Curt's attack. She'd managed to get Graham from spoiling things but not the other boy. Determined to make something out of the mess, she leapt around the corner to hit the Psion before he recovered.

Take 10 on Stealth for a 25 (or 20 if it's a long move) to approach undetected.
Hand of Fate attack (1d20 + 9=27) That's Fort DC19, or 22 if he's caught flat-footed.

Initiative roll (1d20 + 9=19)
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby CelticREI » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Miku - Zodiac
HP: 1
Condition: The best family is one who is a friend, the best friends are ones who are like family.

IANAI check: 1+2=3 because IC has to make up for lost time... nice little botch there...
It explains why Miku has been staring at a brick wall though lol
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 am

Richard, Keisha & Miku: As you go through the latest room, only to find nothing...again (that is getting old already), you start to wonder how it's possible for a person to get around the school without being seen by anyone.

Then it hits you; Basil Faulks, the head janitor for the school, practically invented moving around unseen. He uses a system of small underground tunnels known among the students as the Underbelly, they connect all parts of the school in one way or another.


OOC wrote:Richard & Keisha made the IANAI (the Wisdom roll is more than enough), Miku obviously missed.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 am

Melissa: After puking his guts up, Amend doesn't pick up on your presence until your hand touches him on the back of his neck and the Hand of Fate stikes him with enough force to stagger him a few steps forward.

He manages to recover quickly though, turning to face you with his fighting sticks held up in a defensive pose.





OOC wrote:It's a short move, so that'll be the 25 Amend's got to roll against to spot you.
Amend's Notice Check: (1d20+8=16), nope he fails. So he's rolling against the higher DC.
Amend's Fortitude Save: (1d20+8=20), failure by 2 so that's a Bruise for him.

Melissa needs to make a Notice Check DC 15.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest