Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Albright Institute [IC: 9]: Blast From The Past

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 am

Tracer
HP:7
CND:Curious

Curt moves with the others, checking out the halls and rooms. Suddenly there’s the sound of a ‘smack’ and a girl crying. Sounds just like someone being beaten to force them to rat a friend out. Curt didn’t like anyone doing stuff like that, it was too close to old, bad, memories.

Still, something didn’t quite seem right. This Amend guy had to know they were after him, and taking the time to question someone seemed a dumb move, pretty much guaranteeing that he got caught. Maybe these ‘Psions’ just weren’t that clever.

Curt signalled silently with his hands that he was going to phase through the wall and into the room. Hopefully Graham and Melissa drew Amend’s attention and he would be able to surprise him from behind…



OOC: My bad with the ‘Movable’ Obscure. I guess if he’s just moving, he can take one move action to move, and a second to move the Obscure with him.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 3 Condition: Bruised x 1



Graham skidded to a stop in the hallway as he heard the sound of an open handed slap, which was a sound he was very familiar with after years of being bullied and beaten by other kids. He came out of the ball and was standing back on his own two feet as he continued towards where the whimpering was coming from. Anyone who could see him would see him red in the face, whether that was from fear, anger, or exertion he couldn't even tell you.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 am

Melissa, Curt & Graham:


OOC wrote:Both Graham & Melissa realize the crying doens't sound quite right, it's missing some unspeakable quality of realism to it.

Curt unfortunately missed that.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 am

Richard, Miku & Keisha: The three of you arrive in the Headmaster's office to find that it's pretty much a mess; papers cover the floor and drawers have been pulled out of his desk with empty file folders on top of them.


There's no sign of a fight or the Headmaster, but it's clear that someone has been looking through everything here.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 am

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

Richard looks around the office, "Guess we weren't the first person to check here."

He frowned, "They've got a head start on us, and an entire school to check... does this place have a security room? Maybe some security cameras?"
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition fine

The girl began searching. "Look for secret panels and stuff like that." She said as she looked around herself, ignoring the files for now. She was also looking for computers, security systems and other electronic devices that she could hopefully hack and try to figure out what was really going on.


ooc
Search http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3708608/ 9. She can't see in front of her nose! :lol:
Notice: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3708609/ 27. She's nearsighted. Not dead. :twisted:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

A slight hiss was all the sound Melissa made as she realized it was a trick. But what kind? Was he somehow making the sound himself or did he have an accomplice? Thoughts of the Piper's hidden reinforcements ran through her head. She'd have to be careful until she could find out. Carefully, she followed the voice and peeked in to see what was happening.

Still taking 10 on Stealth for 25.
Notice check (1d20 + 8=24)
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby ClassDunce » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Graham Clark - Rebound
HP: 3 Condition: Bruised x 1

Something wasn't right. It didn't take a lot of experience with begging for mercy to realize that something was hinky with the young lady currently in the process. Graham stopped briefly and motioned for Curt and Melissa to stay back and hidden, and hopefully jump in to save him, while he rounded the corner that should put him within eye sight of the person being beaten and doing the beating.

He would flush them out and let the others make a plan while he acted as bait. Being Rubber-man did have a few advantages.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
User avatar
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Bluecross » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 am

Tracer
HP:7
CND:Full Steam ahead

Curt, the buzz from their previous fight still on, and intent on getting to grips with whoever was smacking women, ignored his team-mates signals – if indeed he even saw them. He was not so foolish as to go charging in the door, though. He chose a spot to the right of the door, and phased just far enough into the wall that he could see into the room, humming as he went.

Gonna smack me down some Amend, I think…


Using Obscure for cover, and Permeate / X-ray vision to check the room out. Ideally Curt’s head won’t quite come out of the wall into the room…

But he’s over-confident and rash, so feel free to….
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 am

The Headmaster's Office [Keisha, Richard & Miku]: The Headmaster has a slightly concealed computer on his desk, it's tower being stored in a special compartment built into his desk but the keyboard rests on a pull-out tray in front of where one would sit at the desk and the moment Keisha touches any of the keys a screen reveals itself as it slides out of another hidden compartment from the top of the desk.

A few seconds tick by as the system warms up and a single white bar appears on the screen, waiting for the password to be entered.


OOC wrote:Ok hack the Headmaster's computer, this should be fun.
That'll be a Computer Skill DC 25.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am

The Halls of Claremont [Graham, Melissa & Curt]: The three of you chase the sounds of Amend's voice to one of the smaller rooms that are mostly used for study halls and school club gatherings all three of you, in your own unique styles, carefully peek inside.

What you see is Amend standing, with his back to you, over a blonde-haired girl who is still sobbing and trying to protect herself from another possible slap. Between Amend being in your line of sight and the way the girl is holding herself it's difficult to tell who she is exactly.

Amend simply continues to question the girl. "Where IS he? I ain't going back to the old man empty handed girl! I'll beat it outta you!" His one arm raises to prove his intention to carry out his threat.


OOC wrote:I see teamwork is a class that still needs to be taught at Claremont.... :lol:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Shock » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:06 am

Melissa Graves : Epitaph
HP: 5
Condition: Bruised 2

Melissa grabbed at Graham's arm, hopefully before he was noticed, and pulled him back from the doorway. He obviously didn't understand he was hindering more than helping. A distraction wasn't needed for an enemy that wasn't alert. Though there was still the likelihood that this was some kind of trick. When he was back out of sight, she whispered at him.

"Stay back! Something isn't right about this." She hoped Curt would see and get the message too.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition: The electrics are not with her today.

IC
Keisha cursed softly as hit a roadblock. "!@#$." she said and shook her head, closing it down again. It was only a shot in heck anyway that she could've cracked it.

"No good. I can't figure out his password." she smirked to herself. "Hey, I'm not bad, but there's always better and someone like the Headmaster probably has loads of tricks up his sleave that we don't know." she said tiredly to the others.

"What next? The last time we tangled with these jerks, they were after info on the Institute's psi-patients." she leaned back thoughtfully. "So since they're a super-villian criminal group with a stickt, odds are, they're after the same thing there-abouts. Something psi-related." she leaned back thinking, tapping her fingers thoughtfully.
"!$#%. What sort of new sparkly psi-thing could they be after that the school has?"

She looked at the others soberly, how much more could they take? She shuddered a little at the thought of what the Psions could do/would do to get that information. Heck. Ember was willing to roast them all for a freaking distraction!

ooc
Hacking attempt pathetic 10 jeeze..... at least she didn't accidently break the monitor! $#!@# invisibile castle! :wink:
Popular Culture 26.... trying to figure out who or what is the newest psi-related thing the Psions might be interested in that's in the school
Current Events 24 trying to figure out who or what is the newest psi-related thing the Psions might be interested in that's in the school and where said thing might be located if they decide to hide or rabbit
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby Arkrite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Richard Dunn: Diamond
HP: 1 Condition: Damage -5, Fatigued

"I guess we do it the old fashion way. Clear the building as we head down to the main office," Richard shrugs, "Any information they have on psychics would be there."

Richard regretted not grabbing another student to come with them. As it was none of them were really suited for search and rescue, all of their abilities leaned elsewhere. The best idea he could come up with was calling the headmaster's cellphone... and if the headmaster was trying to hide that would only make the situation worse.

He made his way to the door and into the hallway, looking for signs of life before he started making his way towards the main office.
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: Albright Institute: [IC: 5]: Brain Matters

Postby kirinke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 pm

KEISHA HP 1, condition sadly forlorn.

"Yeh, guess you're right." she looked at the computer regretfully before joining him out in the hallway. "Some days, it just doesn't pay to get outta bed," she groused good naturedly and looked at the three of them, taking in their sorry looking state. "I am so sending Doc Psion our hospital and clothing replacement bills." she thought a moment. "With postage owed." she said firmly and then grinned mischieviously, the kind of grin that generally meant she was up to something. Postage owed with maybe one of her 'special's' thrown in the package for good measure. Can we say industrial strength stunk bomb? Oh yes we can. And she'd make it so that they'd never see it coming.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests