World Moved On (IC): Chapter 5, the Dark Tower

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World Moved On (IC): Chapter 4, New York

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 pm

GM Post:

As the wraith-like riders begin to trample and slash at Drajit, Myron draws upon the power of the orb he's holding. Red light pulses out of the orb and washes over the riders, dispersing them. Drajit spits out blood and climbs to his feet.

OOC wrote:Myron gets a +5 circumstance bonus for holding the Bend of the Rainbow. His roll becomes a 27.

Von Minct: 1d20+10=27.

A tie would normally go to von Minct since his bonus is higher, but I'll count the bonus toward Myron's ranks.

Meanwhile, the woman begins to struggle against von Minct. She grasps the chain and a jade aura begins to form around her. Von Minct casts an annoyed glance at Myron and then his eyes shift to the bundled up orb. "I came to pick your brains about the Grail's whereabouts, but I think that will more than pay for my efforts. Hand it over and I'll let you have her," he offers. The woman tries to object but Gaynor snaps at her, "Shut it, woman." He seems to activate something in the magical chains and pain wracks through her body. "All I want from you is your power." As she writhes, her jade aura begins to fade.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 am

Brian Wilhelm
HP: 1->0 / LP: 0
COND: Fatigued next turn

Brian smirked at Osmond and raised his pistol - and the roaring of flame alerted him just in time make a hasty flip over the puff of flames. A side glance showed Pablo down, but Russ had already retrieved him and the others were targeting the initial leader... and the questionable third man with magic power.

Brian turned back, Osmond getting up, and glared at the Chaos Prince's lackey. "Game over. No happy ending for the wicked." This shot should kill him.

Impeach the peach!

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 pm

GM Post:

Brian's shot hits Osmond in the forehead, killing the odd man.

Drajit doesn't notice, as he is stumbling in the direction of the mysterious third party who interrupted the battle. For his part, von Minct points his sword at the Chaos Prince and begins channeling the woman's strange green energy into some invocation. The bodies of his bodyguards begin to decay and putrefy. The lush flora outside of Moorcock's home begins to wilt and rot as it decomposes as if mold and fungus were breaking down the flowers and plants at a hundred thousand times the usual rate. Caught directly in the center of the magical entropy, Drajit begins to howl and clutch at his face as if it were melting off. His armor begins to rust and the straps holding on some of the plates snap. Gaynor the Damned smiles.

The woman behind him, once known as Nicole de Muse, ends that smile as quickly as it came. Focusing as much of her energy as possible, she grasps hold of von Minct and the two blink out of existence, leaving only a pale green haze behind.

Drajit hacks and coughs, freed from the debilitating effects of whatever von Minct inflicted upon him. Ignoring the fact that only half of his armor remains, he adopts a battle stance and raises his sword. His eyes glance to the fallen Osmond and a firm determination returns to the Chaos Prince's face. With a roar, he rushes at the closest member of the ka-tet.

OOC wrote:He's staggered, so all he can do is move. Owen is closest to him.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm

GM Post:

On another level of the tower - Having just instinctively crossed between levels of the tower with the lingering power of the Jade God's Eyes, Nicole feels a flash of fear as von Minct turns to face her. "Shhhh, don't be afraid," he quietly says while holding her firmly by the back of the head with his off-hand. "See where we are? Everything is going to be OK. Shhhhh. Don't ruin the moment." He looks over at their surroundings for emphasis, but the young woman is quickly moving well past caring. She tries to force out some response but can't overcome the difficulty of her mouth filling up with blood.

Gaynor lays the woman down in the field of roses, pulling his sword out of her guts. Not bothering to close her eyes, he instead picks one of the roses and tosses it down onto her chest. Surveying his surroundings, the ancient warrior sheaths his sword. "Well, there we have it," he says to himself. "The Grail itself."

A lone tower looms before him.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Russ
HP: 2 LP: 0 Cnd: Injured

Russ returned to the door of the house just in time to see the mystery third-party and the woman disappear. As the horribly malformed knight raised his sword and moved towards Owen, the gambler trained his pistols on the man without a second's hesitation. "Stop right there pal. You move another inch and I'll blow your legs out right from under you, you got that? Now who was the woman, who are you and what happened to her and the guy in Armani? You talk, you live. You move, you bleed and then you die."

Ready action to fire on the guy, non-lethal if possible. Still need him alive for questioning, at least for now.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Jhondak
HP: 1
Condition: Fatigued, Injured 3

Jhondak felt relief that the sorcerer and the girl disappeared. He didn't like what the man had been doing. Unnatural didn't seem to cover it. Slowed by his previous efforts, he wasn't able to get between Owen and the charging knight. And wounded as he was, the armored man was still a threat. Jhondak moved in Owen's direction and threw another rock.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 pm

GM Post:

Despite Russ's warning, the warrior moves forward. Russ's bullet takes the man in the kneecap. Unable to do much beyond fall, Drajit is unable to dodge the rock that hits him in the head. The Chaos Prince slumps over.

OOC wrote:Toughness: 1d20+5-1=10. He fails by 11, leaving him Staggered a second time. He's unconscious or killed, depending on whether Jhondak is using non-lethal or lethal damage.

Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Project Icarus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 am

Owen
HP: 4
Condition: normal

Owen walked over Drajit, placing his foot on the man's chest and pointing one gun casually at his head. "Myron, what do we need to do to restrain him? I don't want him doing sorcery when he wakes up. I'd rather find out what in the worlds is going on here."

I'm assuming he's unconscious. I'll edit if needed.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Russ

Russ grimaced at the guy's stupidity even as he was forced to shoot the man. He was no good to them dead and he had a lot of questions to answer. "You have something we could use to restrain the guy, Mister Moorcock? I'd rather not see him try to burn down your house again. You seemed to know the lady with him as well, care to elaborate?" As he spoke, the gambler eyed the runeblade distrustfully. He didn't like the look of the thing but he didn't dare touch it without Myron's goahead.

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Jhondak

"The power of Grome will restrain him." The rocks ceased swirling around Jhondak and fell to the ground. Seconds later, stone hands rose from the ground around the fallen enemy and took hold of his wrists and ankles.

Switching variable to Affliction 7 (Hindered/Immobile/Paralyzed, Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand)

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

Myron Frost

Frowning in the direction the other combatant had just teleported from, Myron makes his way down the porch steps. "That's probably not the last we've seen of that one. I only wish we had a better sense of whether he's a friend or a foe."

Myron comes to a stop next to Drajit, and retrieves the man's sword. "Without his weapon, and with his hands bound, this one won't cast any more spells." Myron places the blade point down on the pavement and leans on the hilt-guard, his eyes boring into Drajit. "He's at your disposal, Owen."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Russ

Russ eased up a bit with the immeadite danger apparently over. "Can't you, I don't know, track them with your magic or something, Myron? The guy's intentions weren't exactly all that clear but I still wouldn't wanna leave the girl with him if we can help it."

Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Project Icarus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 am

Owen
HP: 4

Owen nodded gravely. "He didn't strike me as the trustworthy sort -- I am distrustful of anyone who would react so calmly to the deaths of his warriors. As for this one, shall we wake him?" He matched deed to word, leaning down and slapping the sorcerer's face.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:29 am

Brian Wilhelm
HP: 0 / LP: 0
COND: Fatigued

Brian came and joined them, walking unsteadily. "Hope she manages, stuck with him."
Impeach the peach!

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 am

Jhondak

Jhondak ignored the small streams of blood running from the shallow cuts on his arms and chest. "Russ, how is Pablo?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”