Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World Moved On (IC): Chapter 5, the Dark Tower

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: World Moved On (IC): Chapter 4, New York

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Brian Wilhelm
HP: 1

It always enthralled him, the glorious Rose. Brain approached and kept close to Pablo, but eyes were fixed on the majesty of the Rose. "Yes," he said in response to Owen, though awe was in his voice- "so we do what we must to make sure it is safe."
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 pm

GM Post:

A few minutes pass before agent Heilen interrupts the ka-tet. Her voice is quiet at first, like she's speaking to some one who's been meditating or just finished with a massage and she doesn't wish to disturb their peacefulness. "Alright, gentlemen," she says. "Let's get some food in you and then see what we can do to help each other..." A few minutes later, the ka-tet is seated around a table in a meeting room. A number of deli sandwiches were stacked at the end along with bottled water, but many of them have been distributed around the table to hungry individuals. Hemingway is up on his hind legs, eating the meat out of one of the sandwiches as well. Pablo reprimands him, "Eat your vegetables."

Hemingway grumbles.

Agent Klaus is with the ka-tet, allowing them to dine in peace but he noted that "You likely have all sorts of questions. I'll do my best to answer them." Heilen by this point has gone upstairs to report in.

OOC wrote:No longer in the presence of the Rose, Pablo is armed once again.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Russ
HP: 1 LP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Russ happily dug into his sandwich, the earlier argument all but forgotten. To be honest, for him it had never been about any of them being disarmed, but the fact that Pablo had been singled out for it.

Taking a swig of water to wash down his sandwich, Russ looked to Klaus and Brian. "Ever hear of Tanelorn or the Grey Lords? We're looking for a door in NY that'd lead us to them."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:24 pm

GM Post:

Klaus pauses for a moment and tries to recall if either of those things stand out. "Brian? Do those words ring a bell for you? I guess we can ask the psychics if they have any thing on either one." Deciding to explain such a weird comment, he adds, "One of the founders of Tet thought it would be a good idea to have some psychics aiding us in the war against Sombra. One thing they do is read through the works of the writer Stephen King, looking for information. The gunslinger Roland said that King is being fed information from one of the beams. The Crimson King is interested in him too."

Pablo looks even more confused after the explanation. "King? That doesn't sound right. The Enemy was looking for someone different: a writer, yes, but a different one. He had us looking for someone named Michael Moorcock."

Klaus listens, curious, then jots down the name. "Yeah, that's one more thing. We've never had the opportunity to sit down and chat with a former servant of his, so we're going to want to interview you and see if there's anything useful you can tell us. Your dinh can sit in on it if you have reservations. It's not the Spanish Inquisition."

As the two are talking, Hemingway takes the opportunity to push some of the veggies off of his sandwich and onto the floor under the table slyly.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:58 am

Brian Wilhelm

"No. We've all been looking into the King direction. Probably, the Crimson King wants both of them, though. Fortunately... we do have the Ur-Kindle, so I could pop over and search for Moorcock's books, and anything else about him useful." That thing.

It had gotten him into the middle of multiversal shadow wars, and sometimes Brian still wished he could go back to the way things had been. Fat chance. At least he wouldn't be still stuck on... no. Don't think about it right now.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 am

Jhondak
HP: 5

Jhondak started on his sandwich, slowly at first. "I have never eaten deli before. What manner of beast is it?"

"I know nothing of Moorcock nor of any King in this world. But Lord Grome told us the door would be here and so it must. What of a Tangled Woman or a place called Can'-Ka No Rey?"
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 am

Myron Frost

"Or Yeshpotoom-Kahlai," Myron interjects. "It was my hope that looking into Merlin's Mirror would bring us to the Grail, in Yeshpotoom-Kahlai."

The Brass Engine is hunkered down in the hall outside, curled around itself almost like a big cat. Myron selected a sandwich and a bottle of water. The sandwich sits on the table before him. He lifted the bread with one finger and peered underneath; it has remained untouched since then. He has drank about half of his water, however.

"I wonder... is The Rose the Grail's manifestation? Is this building then, Yeshpotoom-Kahlai? I had thought that standing before The Rose was Pablo's interview. I certainly felt exposed... aware of my Sins."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 am

Brian Wilhelm

"The Can'-Ka is the field of roses that surrounds the Tower, or so I hear. Not like THE Rose. Completely separate from the Tower, but apparently, if the Rose died, domino effect - the Tower goes with it." Brian explained warningly. "This Yesh place, I haven't the faintest idea."
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 am

GM Post:

Klaus waves off the comment about the interview. "No, it's not like that. It's just that he's got to know all sort of things that we don't about the Red. It's not a test, just a way of us getting the info that can help us against Sombra."

Pablo listens to Owen and nods at his explanation. "Can'-Ka No Rey is known to us. It is a place of legend, the field of roses around the Dark Tower. It is deep within End World, so it is said." About the Tangled Woman, he has no idea other than what the ka-tet learned at the dogan.

OOC wrote:The robot there said this. Evette said this.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 am

Russ

Russ twitched imperceptibly at Myron's mention of Sins. He gave a half nod to Klaus' explanation. They'd never asked Pablo much about his past besides what he volunteered when the situation called for it. But then again they'd been on the road from one emergency to another most of the time and he was never too big on prying, personally.

"The Grail is the Rose which is the Tower, or something like that. Isn't that about what Evette said?" Russ frowned. "I don't know, I'm not sure of half of this stuff, this is the..." He paused, counting on his fingers. "...Fifth or sixth world I've been too? I'm not even sure whether this is my world's future or another version of it. I've never even heard of Nozz-a-la." He looked around the room, as if this simple action could confirm things one way or the other.

Then he shrugged, looking to Brian. "But go ahead and check this Moorcock fellow on your Ur-Kindle, whatever that is, maybe we'll get lucky and pick up something new."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 am

GM Post:

Spurred on by Jhondak's comment and Myron's reluctance to eat much, Klaus interjects. "A 'deli' is a place, like a restaurant or an inn - a tavern, I guess. There's some chicken here, that one's roast beef, we've got some pork... really anything you might want. But if it's not good, then we can get something else. This is New York, after all. Some of the best pizza in the world, fine dining, anything you could want." He shakes his head in disbelief at Russ's comment about Nozz-a-la, though. "Really? What do you guys drink then? This stuff's been around forever, I mean even before the wars."

He offers Myron a consoling glance. "Sorry about the Grail. At least here, we don't have one. It's only part of legends, well, and Monty Python movies too, I guess."
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 am

Owen
HP: 4

RedBstrd wrote:GM Post:

Klaus listens, curious, then jots down the name. "Yeah, that's one more thing. We've never had the opportunity to sit down and chat with a former servant of his, so we're going to want to interview you and see if there's anything useful you can tell us. Your dinh can sit in on it if you have reservations. It's not the Spanish Inquisition."

"I would be more than willing to accompany you, Pablo." Owen turned his gaze to the others. "King Grome told us to search New York for a door, presumably to Tanelorn, so that's what we have to do - it's the only thing we have to go on." He paused.

"Does your organization know of any doorways in New York to any other worlds, or where we might find them?" Owen asked Brian and Klaus. "It's a long shot, I know."

The gunslinger looked again in Pablo's direction. "What can you tell us about this Michael Moorcock? If the Crimson King wants him, there must be something important about him."
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby McGuffin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 am

Russ

After Klaus spoke, it was Russ's turn to shake his head. "Mostly Coca-Cola or Pepsi. Damn, I guess I'm not as close to home as I thought after all." He frowned as his brain picked at something the agent had said. "Wars? Please tell me you've only had two World Wars and the Allies won the second one. I've had enough of Post-Apocalyptic worlds for a while, thank you very much. And I could really do without finding out what the world would look like if the Nazis had won."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 am

GM Post:

Klaus chuckles. "Yep, thems the ones. I mean, we had Vietnam and Korea too, a few others in the Middle East and Panama, but nothing big." He ponders for a second and then notes: "Brian, Heilen, and I all have German names, but they're all from long ago. We're as American as it gets. Not a bit of the Nazis to us. I mean, Carver's black, you know?"

Pablo shrugs at the question about Michael Moorcock. "He's a writer, I guess."

Klaus looks to Brian and invites, "Do you want to interview him right here, right now?" He slides a digital recorder over to agent Wilhelm.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Myron Frost

Myron waves off Klaus' offer of different food. "Do not trouble yourself to scour this city for additional foodstuffs. I fear that my lack of hunger has more to do with my situation. I have sought the Grail nigh 20 years... and now that I have come to it, I can't be sure that what I have found is what I am looking for, and if it is... how to achieve the results that I need."

Myron nudges the plate the offending sandwich is sitting on away from him on the table. Turning in his chair he considers Brian and Pablo for a moment, and then swivels back. "This interview you propose might be beneficial for me as well. I find myself unsure of the next step; normally I have all the answers -perhaps in this time and place it is the Questions that I lack."

"Besides... while I never served the Lords of Chaos, my forefathers certainly did."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room