Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World Moved On (IC): Chapter 5, the Dark Tower

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: World Moved On (IC): Chapter 3, Camelot

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 am

Jhondak
HP: 5

"Oswald's exploits today were not typical for humans either." Jhondak nodded in agreement and looked in Myron's direction. "You were right about him."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Myron Frost

The medical staff at the triage has prevailed upon Myron to receive treatment. He is bare to the waist and dour matron with a deft hand is alternating between washing and stitching the gash under his arm made by the spearman;his hairless chest gleams white.

Myron considers Jhondak blandly for a moment. "I gambled."

He lets out a long breath, shuddering as he does so, drawing a stern glance and word from his chirurgeon. "I wasn't sure until he fired his first round. I chewed more licorice root and drank more ginger tonic in this last week than you can possibly imagine."

"If I had been wrong..."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby McGuffin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 am

Russ
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Russ shrugged at Myron's words. "We all gamble every day of our lives with every choice we make. There's no guarantees, that's what makes it exciting." The gambler smirked, obviously having recovered from his earlier lapse into somberness. "That's what makes life worth living. I'm just glad this one worked out."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am

GM Post:

Missing the last few comments by virtue of being a few steps away and distracted by the women, Oswald catches back up with those that ka put on the path before him. "Gambling? There's an idea. I could go for some bowling soon. Think I got plans for the evening tonight, though..." By this time, Florent and Susan have reached the castle, met with great applause and activity. The exact words of the conversations are not audible over the distance but their general character is clear.

Within minutes, the ka-tet and their allies reach the castle. Susan is walking out of the building with a look of grim determination on her face. "They'll still be out there somewhere. Someone's got to watch the walls," is her explanation. "Enjoy your evening," she concludes as she tips her hat forward as an acknowledgement of her battle mates.

The gunslinger Susan:

Inside, the mood is much lighter. King John looks relieved at the course of events, as if he had spent a great deal of thought worrying over the fate of his people. Florent reclines in one of the chairs, his boots up on the table. A sprig of wheat sticks out from his mouth and he spins a coin around on the arm of his chair lazily with one hand. He seems as content as a fox who just spent his night in the hen house. Across the room, "Speedy" Parkus speaks with a number of bondsmen who served the gunslingers in the battle. Something one of them says strikes him as amusing and he laughs openly, dramatically slapping the shoulder of the youth in a manner which clearly caused no pain to the receiver. Sai Parsifal, the gunslinger who led his irregulars through the hinterlands on the eve of the battle, proudly discusses the battle with his men.

"Men who were outsiders, now our neighbors," King John greets. "Come and take of our table, seat yourselves and be one with us tonight." The conversations in the room quiet a little as everyone makes note of the ka-tet which shares credit with Susan's for the death of the warlord Medraut.

The charred sword and battered helm rest in the center of the round table, on display for all.
Last edited by RedBstrd on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 am

Jhondak

Jhondak gave Susan a solemn nod as she passed on her way out. Though it did not surprise him that Medraut's death had not quieted her soul, it still pained him to see it. Inside, he laid his weapons aside and favored King John with a bow. "Again, we thank you, King John, for your hospitality." Then he sat and called for a drink.

As he waited, he looked curiously at the sword on the table, wondering if it were ensorcelled like the ones the Mabelodim carried at the lizard hatchery.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 am

Shock wrote:Jhondak
Jhondak gave Susan a solemn nod as she passed on her way out. Though it did not surprise him that Medraut's death had not quieted her soul, it still pained him to see it. Inside, he laid his weapons aside and favored King John with a bow. "Again, we thank you, King John, for your hospitality." Then he sat and called for a drink.

As he waited, he looked curiously at the sword on the table, wondering if it were ensorcelled like the ones the Mabelodim carried at the lizard hatchery.

OOC wrote:Myron can confirm that the sword, like most of the better Mabelodim weapons, in fact houses a demon within the blade. As a symbol of Medraut's attempt on Camelot, the blade will be broken publicly soon - killing the demon within.

In terms of plot, the group doesn't need to worry about the sword at this point.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 am

GM Post:

"Bring the man wine," King John orders. He then nods to Jhondak. "Wish you joy of it." Turning to Owen, he orders: "Rise, Owen of Gilead that was." He refers back to the failed gunslinger's introductory tale. "I have heard tales of your valor in the face of Chaos. Sai Florent speaks of your feats, felling many an enemy. Your ka-tet, should the tales be true, played at least an equal part in the defeat of Medraut." Florent nods and adds, "The tale is true. Hile our new friends. Hile Jhondak, who brought Medraut to his knees. Hile Owen, dinh of the victors!" King John smiles as those around the table clank their drinks on the Round Table in applause.

John the Good continues, "I did not witness your deeds, but I see you well. Hile, Jhondak and Owen and all of the others. You stepped in here as visitors and you leave as our own. Sai Owen, no longer are you a failed apprentice. Your trials were the stuff of legend and you remembered the face of your father. You honor us with your service. If it pleases ya, I name thee gunslinger true." Everyone in the room nods in observance for a moment before King John continues. "Sai Owen, gunslinger of Camelot, trade in your apprentice pistols and choose the sandalwood pistols befitting your rank."

"As for your ka-tet, you may speak for them if you wish. If not, I say thankee and you may claim your weapons. Whatever boon they wish, they may speak of it now. If it is within our power, Camelot will grant it." Nods abound from those seated around the table.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 am

Owen
HP: 4

Owen stood at the king's call, his eyes becoming misty at John's words. When the king named him a gunslinger, Owen managed to get out "Thankee sai" as he fumbled with his apprentice pistols, pulling them out of their holsters and trading them in.

He turned back to his ka-tet, his eyes shining with brimming tears, which he didn't seem to notice as he took in each member of his ka-tet. "Thankee," he said, quietly.

He returned his full attention to the king. "Sai John, I would not presume to speak for all the members of my ka-tet, who have each earned many times their weight in gold with their exploits and feats in opposition to Chaos. However, there is but one request I would make of you. We seek after the Dark Tower, which I believe can be the salvation for the broken world of my home, perhaps every world. My request is that you would help us reach it. King Grome told Jhondak we should seek the Grey Lords in the fabled city of Tanelorn, which can be reached through a doorway in the newest of Yorks. Have you any knowledge that would aid our quest?"
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:15 am

GM Post:

King John ponders the question put before him. Murmurs sweep across the room as everyone begins discussing what they might be able to offer the ka-tet in their quest for the Dark Tower. One of the gunslingers speaks, "It sounds, sai Owen, as if you speak of the Grail itself. If it pleases ya, nothing short of the Grail can be the salvation of the world." Voices affirm his statement. Florent, however, snorts in amusement. "Say thankee, but not just the Grail. Susan's guns too. Reckon there's some salvation to spare from those barrels." He swats at the helmet on the table with his hat and laughs.

King John raises a hand to stifle the laughter in a few mouths after Florent's comment about the death of Medraut. "No Gray Lords walk this world, if ever they did. Perhaps Grome speaks of the Old Ones who built the world that moved on; from before the Mabelodim and Xiombargim invaded." His face grows grim. "Very little of their magic and their machines survive. Only the Kawima know of their ruins and their secrets. Unless," he suggests, "Merlin of legend was one of these Gray Lords." He shrugs.

"I fear help in this matter may not be in our power."
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 am

Jhondak

Jhondak stood next to Owen and nodded his agreement. "I feel much kinship to you all right now but this is not my home. And I wish to return there someday. All I can ask is sufficient provisions to continue our quest and similar hospitality should our path ever lead us back to your domain."
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Myron Frost; Lord of Brass

At first Myron was practically vibrating at the chance to ask King John the Boon he'd dreamed of for years. However, he stilled as Owen claimed his Knight's Pistols. It was an important, and powerful for his dinh, and the sorcerer wanted to stand quiet and respect the moment... but he was also moved as his dinh claimed his due. Once Jhondak had stepped forward, the moment was over and it was time for Myron to speak.

"Sire," the Lord of Brass stepped forward and bowed low. "Fragments of lore I've read from before the incursion of the Mabelodim lead me to believe that the Grail lies in Yeshpotoom-Kahlai. This may be the same Relic that Gunslinger Owen seeks. It has long been my hope, my dream of Salvation, to hold the Grail. The lore I mentioned leads me to believe the location to Yeshpotoom-Kahlai may be found in Camelot. Perhaps in Merlin's library."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby McGuffin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Russ

Russ smiled as he nodded to Owen. He chuckled to himself as the subject of reward came up. The road leads ever onward, and through more than one world, apparently. I doubt I'll ever see this place again. At least, not in this form.

Only when the talk turned to the Newest York did the gambler voice his thoughts. "In my world New York is north from Washington, Camelot if it please ya, along the coast. If'n that knowledge helps any. There any local tall tales of a big city up the coast, from back in the day?"

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 am

GM Post:

Bron chimes in as well. "With my dinh's permission, I would like to stay in Camelot and help rebuild. Never since leaving Granbretan have I found a place that can match the glory of my home. All the same, I think that Camelot could be such a place if the machines of the past can be salvaged." He turns to Owen. "On your quest for the Tower, I am of no use. I have lost my armor and my lance. I am not complete. Here, I can hope to remake both them - and myself - in time."

King John looks to Owen questioningly. "If it pleases your dinh, Sai Bron, you have a home here."

To Jhondak, he replies: "Blessed of King Grome, any supplies are yours to take. Our bondsmen will provide for all your needs."

He also nods approvingly of Myron's talk of the Grail. "We quest for the Grail for the salvation of our world, but know that Camelot is not the end of the quest; it is but the beginning. The tower of Merlin survives. It is no place for mortal men, but you may enter it without our interference. Every head of the Line of Eld ventures there before taking the crown. At the top of the tower rests the mirror of Merlin, an arteefact that shows you the contents of your soul - or perhaps your destiny, as some say. On the morrow, Sai Arren will take you to the place." One of the younger gunslingers nods in acknowledgement. "I fear, though, that it has been looted of books ages ago. Whatever wisdom the tower once held is likely lost. It has been many years since I stepped into the ruined tower but I do not recall a library enduring in its heart."

Speedy Parkus rubs his hands together as if getting ready to perform some undertaking like mounting a bull. "Ain't no need for books if all ya looking for is wisdom, see? 'Specially not a folk like you, Lord Frost. No, no doubt 'bout that. Reckon that mirror gonna have something that's gonna fill your head up with all kinds a stuff better than scribblin' on the paper. Books is good, 'course books is good, but a man don't need a library 'specially if he's Merlin, don't cha think?" He wags one finger in the air as a warning. "Say, though, think it smart not to disturb too much in dat tower. It ain't the tower you seek, make no mistake about it. Maybe it's a symbol for the tower; maybe it's a mockery of it. Can't say too much 'bout what went on in the head a ol' Merlin when he was messing 'round with his dealings. You wanna do yo business and then get on out like it's nobody's business."

King John allows Parkus to have the last word on the matter of the tower, directing his attention instead to the question of New York. "Was their ever a city like the one you say, it is ages gone. Perhaps the dragons melted it stone by stone when the Mabelodim struck. It is hard to say."
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Russ

Russ nodded to the King's words. "It was a shot in the dark, although sometimes you do get lucky with even those. Sounds like the tower of Merlin is our best bet."

The gambler stepped back to indicate he'd spoken his piece on the greater matter at hand, instead turning to Bron with a more solemn look. "I can't lie and say I'd be happy to see you go but it's out of my hands, ain't it? I do know you'd do this place a world of good, though."

He placed a hand on the Granbretaner's shoulder. "Heck, you'd be a regular Leonardo da Vinci."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Project Icarus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 am

Owen

Owen nodded to Bron. "You have my leave to remain in Camelot, Bron. I'm sure you will be of much help to the people of Camelot." To the king, he said, "Thankee sai. We will see what wisdom Merlin's tower has to offer."
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room