World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

Post by Shock » Sun May 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Red, I'm not asking for a change but I was under the impression that Jhondak (and a few of the others) were still inside the house. Did I misread that?

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Shock wrote:Red, I'm not asking for a change but I was under the impression that Jhondak (and a few of the others) were still inside the house. Did I misread that?
Damn, I saw that Owen, Brian, and Pablo went out the door and assumed that Russ and Jhondak did so when they attacked. Myron is still in the house and I didn't mess that up.

I did accidentally move Russ and Jhondak outside without either of you going outside. Each of you get a Hero Point for me doing so. Sorry about that. You are both free to relocate your characters back inside without any hassle from intervening NPCs.

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Lord Fell » Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Regarding the Red Rainbow Orb, does Myron get a sense that he can use it in the upcoming conflict in some way?

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Regarding the Red Rainbow Orb, does Myron get a sense that he can use it in the upcoming conflict in some way?
He can tell that it's a powerful magical artifact that's tied directly to the Prim, giving him the potential to see far distances and even the future. He suspects that it also has the power to transport people across those distances. He doesn't yet know how to make it do things since it seemingly acts on its own and has some sort of primitive consciousness.

Since he knows the lore of Mid-World better, Owen will be able to identify it as part of Maerlyn's Rainbow or the "Bends of the Rainbow." Owen knows them to be representations of the 13 guardians of the beams and somehow tied to the beams. That said, he probably wouldn't fully trust them. They are supposedly the trapped power of Gan, the spirit of the Tower. The black orb is the only one wrought of purely black magic, but the others are considered dangerous by magic-fearing folk as well.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Mon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Is switching around his array all that Jhondak is doing? If so, then Russ is up at the top of the next round.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon May 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Yeah, no surge this time. If I take another hit from the knight I'm going to use a HP for a counter though.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 pm

By the way, for those who want a pretty solid creation myth for Mid-World, Robin Furth wrote this. She's the writer who created the encyclopedia for the Dark Tower saga and is editing the comics, so we can take it as the canonical creation myth. It's more mythology than history, so it can't be taken at face value 100%.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue May 21, 2013 6:19 am

Granted, but cool. :)
Impeach the peach!

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 am

Huh, cool stuff. Also, sorry 'bout my posting, totally blanked on it being my turn.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Wed May 22, 2013 11:17 am

Owen is up. Only two berserkers, Osmond, and Drajit remain. Gaynor von Minct and his bodyguards are approaching the fight as well.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 am

RedBstrd wrote:Owen is up. Only two berserkers, Osmond, and Drajit remain. Gaynor von Minct and his bodyguards are approaching the fight as well.
I'm guessing von Minct is an original character? Interesting to have an independent who used to serve Chaos.
Impeach the peach!

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin » Wed May 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm not familiar with the character, personally, but that still holds true for most of the Moorcock-verse, but... http://www.multiverse.org/wiki/index.ph ... _von_Minct
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Wed May 22, 2013 12:12 pm

McGuffin wrote:I'm not familiar with the character, personally, but that still holds true for most of the Moorcock-verse, but... http://www.multiverse.org/wiki/index.ph ... _von_Minct
Yeah, I got it now. :)
Impeach the peach!

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 pm

He's tied to Moorcock's work about the von Bek family, which is sort of a "what if Elric was the prince of Liechtenstein and the protector of the Holy Grail?" alternate reality.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by RedBstrd » Thu May 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Some NPCs are just so much fun to use. :lol:

This game has given me so many cool NPCs to work with: Pablo and Hemingway, "Speedy" Parkus, Elric of Melniboné, Florent (an incarnation of Moonglum), Lee Harvey Oswald, Brando Capone, the Man in Black, Lord Gho Faazi, ibn Daud, and so on.