Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Shock wrote:I don't feel like I need power points at the moment. Jhondak has felt far from ineffective so far. Having 10 points of Variable would almost feel like cheating. :D. That being said, I'm not opposed to having more points. It's just not necessary.

:arrow: Ok, I'll give everyone (including Brian) 2 pp right now then. A year and a half after starting, we're still under the 120 pp mark that I considered started the campaign at, so I think we're ok if I'm generous right now.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks. I've added Quick Draw and Takedown to Brian's Advantages.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Thank you, I did the previously mentioned changes, removing 2 ranks of Defensive Roll to add 1 rank of Stamina and 1 rank each of Dodge and Parry.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 am

OK I've bumped the Fingernail of Grome to rank 2 and putting me at 117 points overall. Here's the full build since I haven't posted it since the latest changes:

Jhondak - 117 points - PL 7

Abilities - 36 points
Str - 1 - 2 points
Sta - 2 - 4 points
Agi - 2 - 4 points
Dex - 3 - 6 points
Fig - 5 - 10 points
Int - 1 - 2 points
Awr - 2 - 4 points
Pre - 2 - 4 points

Defenses - 21 points
Fortitude +6 (+2 Sta +4 bought)
Will +8 (+2 Awr +6 bought)
Toughness +5 (+2 Sta +2 Armor +1 Defensive Roll)
Parry +9 (+5 Fig +4 bought)
Dodge +9 (+2 Agi +7 bought)

Powers - 13 points
Unusual Style: Weaken Fighting 7 (Inaccurate) - 6+2 points
AP: Seize Advantage: Affliction 7 (Impaired/Disabled, Cumulative, Resisted by Parry, Limited Degree, Inaccurate)
AP: Paired Weapons: Damage 4 (Strength Based, Split, Reach)
Fingernail of Grome: Variable 2 (Earth-based effects, 10 power points), Easily Removable (-4 points) - 10 points

Skills - 18 points
Acrobatics 4(6)
Athletics 7(8)
Expertise (Sailing) 8(9)
Insight 6(8)
Perception 7(9)
Persuasion 4(6)

Advantages - 24 points
Agile Feint
Close Attack 4
Defensive Roll
Equipment 4 (Axe, Spear, Heavy Leather Armor(+2 Prot), Rifle (Ranged Damage 5, Accurate 1)
Improved Critical 2 (Paired Weapons)
Improved Defense
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative
Improved Trip
Prone Fighting
Quick Draw
Ranged Attack 4
Weapon Bind
Weapon Break

Combat
Ranged Damage - Attack +9 Damage +5
Close Damage - Attack +9 Damage +5
Unarmed - Attack +9 Damage +1
Initiative +6

Complications
Hatred - As an ex-slave, Jhondak has a heavy prejudice against Melniboneans
Bad Leg - Jhondak received a wound in combat that didn't heal properly that occasionally limits his mobility
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 am

Everything looks good so far. I'll be MIA today since it's my fiancée's birthday. I can weasel in a post or two while she's looking up restaurants and so on tonight, but don't expect much from me until tomorrow. Also note: I'm going to Darjeeling from the 19th to the 23rd of the month and I'll be in the Andaman islands from the 28th of the month onward. I won't arrive in my place of residence for next month until November 2nd. While in Darjeeling and the Andamans, I may have internet access, but I may not. I'll try to post a few times to keep everything moving - using my blackberry if necessary - but I honestly don't know what to expect. You guys may be without me for a few days in both cases.

Plus, beaches, elephants, and shit might distract me. We'll see.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am

Give her our best. And tell her happy birthday.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah, best wishes to the lucky lady from here in Finland as well :)
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 am

Enjoy your time in Darjeeling (all this time, I thought it was just a tea... imagine my wonderment to discover it's a place), and your time with the Future Mrs. Bastard (I'm sure that appellation will fill her with excitement).

I'm tempted to hang onto my PP, since I just retooled Myron. I'm a little torn; for 3pp I can add another rank back to his Gift of Serpents container... or I could put a point into raising the Brass Engine's PL to 4, which I had intended to do, just ran short of points. I suppose I can spend one and save one.

Something about the bar scene confuses me, in conjunction with Enigmatic One's post... it looks to me like the couple in the bar is Eddie & Susana Dean. But, if Eddie founded the Tet corporation (kinda) then wouldn't Brian recognize him?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 am

Well, I imagine that one, Brian is taking the song music as a coincidence and associating it with the Tet history that I believe - correct me if I'm wrong, he has some idea of. However, it doesn't mean that there is a picture or Eddie on the Tet Corp walls, or Brian ever noticed it, or just remembers... and he's relatively new.

It's up to RedBstrd, but I for one find it plausible if Brian doesn't recognize him.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Enjoy your time in Darjeeling (all this time, I thought it was just a tea... imagine my wonderment to discover it's a place), and your time with the Future Mrs. Bastard (I'm sure that appellation will fill her with excitement).

Something about the bar scene confuses me, in conjunction with Enigmatic One's post... it looks to me like the couple in the bar is Eddie & Susana Dean. But, if Eddie founded the Tet corporation (kinda) then wouldn't Brian recognize him?

The tea is named after the place. I'm going to drink the crap out of their tea.

As far as Eddie is concerned, don't forget Jake!

Eddie helped found Tet, but there aren't pictures of him around, at least not where Brian could have seen them. Also, Brian is well aware that Eddie died in Algul Siento. In fact, the Tet Corporation on Brian's world incorrectly thinks that Eddie, Jake, and Susannah all died but that Roland is still questing for the Tower. Brian wouldn't be able to identify any of the members of Roland's ka-tet by sight, save perhaps for Roland himself. Of course, Brian likely still expects coincidences to pop up given that ka works that way.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 am

Hope your fiancee had a good birthday, Red.

As far as the extra 2pp, I'll just save them for now.
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 am

Remind me, what's the size and weight of the Brass Engine?
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 am

Project Icarus wrote:Hope your fiancee had a good birthday, Red.

Thank you. It went well. We ate on the top floor of a building with a pretty good view. The cocktails were good and the food was still pretty inexpensive for the view.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:07 am

Red, what kind of traffic are we talking about? Bumper to bumper NYC traffic or the cars going fairly high speed?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Shock wrote:Red, what kind of traffic are we talking about? Bumper to bumper NYC traffic or the cars going fairly high speed?

Fairly high speeds. It's just normal, everyday stuff. Brian doesn't expect that the ka-tet would be sitting ducks in the event of some sort of attack - if that's what you're asking.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room