Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:12 am

That's an odd post there Red. Internet problems?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:03 am

Shock wrote:That's an odd post there Red. Internet problems?

Damn, looks like it. Let me try again...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 am

Better ;} Was just idle curiousity on my part really. I figured Arioch's champion would probably be packing something badass.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 am

I've just about finished rebuilding Myron... he's not going to be a lot different than the previous version, at least not in the feel of the character. There's definitely some streamlining of the way he's built, and he'll be a little bit more efficient in terms of his powers. Part of that is just making official something that Red has been letting me get away with for a while; his offensive spells are actually Ranged instead of "pretend" ranged.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Myron Frost, Lord of Brass
World Moved On, an active game run by RedBstrd. Myron is a late entry to the game.

History
For the past 300 years, the Lord Frost served as the Court Sorcerer to the Kings of Gulzaar, one of the many autonomous "kingdoms" within the stagnating and ever decentralizing Imperii Totius (the Mabelodim empire). Gulzaar would be an idyllic fief of picturesque beaches and the swamps could have been drained into fertile farmlands, were the rulers not a line of petty, brutal men. The kings of Gulzaar - descendants of the first Mabelodim generals stationed in the region - enslaved their populace, and paid tribute to Lord Frost (the elder, and then the younger) in goods and slaves. When Frost the Younger died, and his heir Myron ascended the basalt throne in the Tower of Frost... he shocked the kingdom when he announced that he would not assume the traditional mantle of Court Sorcerer.

When Myron set forth to pursue his own goals, his departure engulfed the kingdom in civil war. The withdrawal of the Court Sorcerer's support emboldened the populace against the King. However, the fate of a Republic of Gulzaar is precarious. The bulk of the Mabelodim empire had long since fragmented, but there is no shortage of contenders for its successor state in Gulzaar.

Personality & Motivation
On the surface, Myron is cold and calculating. He is certainly reserved, and knows how to be brutally pragmatic. This is purely defensive; he grew up "behind enemy lines," and isn't used to trusting anyone. To him, Family and Enemy were synonyms. Those who Myron learns to trust, will find that he has an untapped reserve of warmth and love. These rare individuals will find in Myron a ferocious loyalty. Although Myron wants to follow a new path, he spent his childhood surrounded by the darkest of lore, and horrific rituals, he can be inaccessible at times... and does not possess much of a sense of humour.

Description
Myron is a man of average height, he is slim of build with long limbs and fingers. He has naturally pale skin, which some human nobles have been resorting to powder to emulate.He wears his golden-red hair in a long, intricate coif that spills over the collars of his shirt, coat or cloak. Like many gingers, his eyes are green, but his skin is unfreckled. Myron wears rich clothes, primarily in black but with gold-trimmed, red accent pieces. At his neck, he wears a heavy amulet of a dark (almost bloody) red metal, in the shape of a single, churning gear.

Complications
In addition to his Melnibonean heritage, Myron's bloodline is darkly tainted. His heritage may be noticeable to mystics, and will almost certainly draw the attention of Old Ones or them from Outside.
With his magic, Myron is able to shape his body the way he wants -for the most part his appearance is exactly the same. However, his left leg is crippled and malformed -in any situation where he is unable to cast spells, he suffers a -2 circumstance check to Athletic and Acrobatic checks.
Myron's heritage lets him control magic more easily. Unlike a wizard that is powerless without a staff, Myron can still control magic without any focus... but without his amulet, increase the casting time of any of his spells by one stage.
Myron grew up in a home with a dark reputation, which it more than deserved. His father, and grandfather used the blackest of magic to prop up a petty warlord as a brutal tyrant. Myron feels only disdain for the twisted self interest of his king, instead finding admiration for the line of Pendragon. This enlightened world view, can lead Myron down a road of self-loathing. Given the opportunity, he may choose absolution and oblivion in a single blaze of glory.

PL:7 PP:115/115

Abilities (38pp)
Strength 0
Stamina 4
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 0
Intellect 7
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Combat (16pp)
Dodge 5
Parry 5
Will 5 (+9)
Fortitude 1 (+5)
Toughness 4
Initiative 4

Skills (16pp)
Close Combat: Swords +4
Ranged Combat: Magic +7
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+15)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Insight 3 (+7)
Technology 3 (+10)
Treatment 1 (+8)

Advantages (13pp)
Artificer
Ritualist
Benefit (Lord)
Fascinate (Intimidation)
Improved Initiative
Languages 2 (Common, High Speech, Old One)
Tech Familiarity (Old Ones)
Trance
Equipment 1 (Runed Blade; Strike 3, Descriptor: Magic; Gear 2)
Minion (Construct: Brass Engine) 3

Powers (32pp)
Mage Sight Senses 3 (Awareness: Magic, Dimensional, Tracking) [3]
Mind over Body (Immunity 2 Sleep, Starvation & Thirst; Flaw: Linked to Trance, requires Check) [1]

Gift of the Serpents (Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 3, Swiftness, Startle, Immunity: Poison; Flaws: Limited Use, Side Effect; Quirks: Noticeable) [5]
Myron can only invoke Gift of Serpents three times daily, and it lasts 10 rounds. While it is active, his body is wreathed with glowing, gold, spectral snakes. The snakes slither about his body, hissing and biting him. At the end of the duration, Myron is Afflicted with Poison 2 (Fortitude; Lethargy/Seizure/Paralysis) for which the Immunity: Poison is no longer applicable

Magic Array [16 +7 AP]
Whisper of the Old Ones Affliction 7 (Extra: Ranged; Feats: Insidious, Incurable; Will Save: Dazed/Terrified/Controlled)
*Caress of Abhoth Affliction 7 (Extra: Ranged; Feats: Indirect, Reversible; Fortitude Save: Fatigued/Disabled/Transformed)
*Dance of Fthaggua Damage 7 (Fire, Magic; Extra: Ranged, Feats: Takedown 2) A flickering ball of blue flame that can leap from target to target at Myron's direction.
*Contemplations of Distant R'lyeh Environment 4 (Extras: Additional Condition, Intense, Selective)
*Shroud of Tindalos Concealment 8 (All Visual, Hearing, Magic, Mental and Smell; Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Passive )
*A Euclidean Solution to Cyclopean Geometry Nullify 7 (Extra: Broad Category Magic; Feats: Precise, Triggered)
*Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath Remote Sensing 14 (Vision, Hearing, Feats: Dimensional 2 current spoke of the Dark Tower hub, Flaw: Concentration, Feedback)
*The Yellow King's Raiment Morph 4 (Any creature, person or object of similar mass; Feat: Increased (decreased) Mass; Flaw: Activation, Custom Flaw*)
*Myself, My Enemy: When Myron shifts into a specific person's form, that person may sense that they have been duplicated. Make an Insight check for that person against DC 14. When he shifts into the shape of a sentient, but non-specific creature (a dog, for example), any similar creature nearby should also make this check.
Failure by 10 or more: The person or creature senses nothing.
Failure by 5 to 9: The person or creature has a sense of being watched, and will likely become agitated and upset.
Failure by 1 to 4: The person knows they have been duplicated, and has a general sense of direction. Copied creatures will be alert and hostile.
Success: Not only does the person know they have been duplicated, and have a good sense of where the imposter is, the original can see through Myron's eyes for one round per number they made their roll by.

Brass Engine III
PL 3 Minion
STR:5 STA:- AGL:0 DEX:0 FGT:0 INT:-3 AWE:1 PRE:-3 (-18)
Dodge 0 Parry 0 Will -1 Fortitude - Toughness 6 Initiative 0 (8)
Advantages: Fearless, Form Follows Function, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Teamwork (5)
Powers: Immune: Fortitude, Growth 4 (Permanent), Power Lifting 1, Speed 4 (43)
Skills: Combat: Unarmed 0+1, Athletics 5+1, Expertise: Magic -3+8, Intimidate -3+2+4 (7)
The Brass Engine, in its most elemental configuration is something of a cross between the steam-engine of a train, and a gargoyle. A mass of moving pistons, churning gears, and what might be a pair of contented, lamp-light eyes.The Brass Engine will clank into a new configuration suitable to its current task, depending on its configuration, it can be about 10 feet across and weighs about 3,000 pounds. The construct is made entirely out of a deep, reddish metal, and embossed with potent runes. Bound Fire Sprites and Water Sprites provide the creatures potency, however these elementals are in conflict with each other, and subservient to an overmind -the necromantically raised spirit of a well trained, even-tempered mastiff.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

EnigmaticOne, I'll send you a post sometime over the course of the next day letting you know what your character would be doing and how we'll incorporate him into the game.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks, Red. :)
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 am

Any issues with the Myron redesign?

...also, I'm just waiting on Project Icarus. Myron is practically vibrating at the chance to ask about er... I can't find the reference to the name of the fortress Myron believes the Grail is kept. Yesh-Matoom-pah, sounds like, but not at all that.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Any issues with the Myron redesign?

Just a couple minor questions.
Which environmental conditions do you get from Contemplations of Distant R'lyeh?
Does Incurable do anything with Afflictions?
What does Swiftness do in Gift of the Serpents?

I also was waiting as it seems like Owen ought to be the one to respond to King John.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Shock wrote:Which environmental conditions do you get from Contemplations of Distant R'lyeh?
From the Environment Power, to get mix & match conditions, Selective allows you to pick the ones you want.

Shock wrote:Does Incurable do anything with Afflictions?
I was thinking of Myron's will based Affliction as inflicting insanity on someone. Incurable means that being treated by a psychologist (healing, but mental health instead of physical) isn't going to fix that. Perhaps using Controlled as a condition invalidates that, because it means the Controlled condition will continue beyond a time when Myron could reasonably assert control.

Shock wrote:What does Swiftness do in Gift of the Serpents?
2e holdover; Swiftness is a level of Speed, but taken as a Feat.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Lord Fell wrote:
Shock wrote:Which environmental conditions do you get from Contemplations of Distant R'lyeh?
From the Environment Power, to get mix & match conditions, Selective allows you to pick the ones you want.

Fine for me.

Shock wrote:Does Incurable do anything with Afflictions?
I was thinking of Myron's will based Affliction as inflicting insanity on someone. Incurable means that being treated by a psychologist (healing, but mental health instead of physical) isn't going to fix that. Perhaps using Controlled as a condition invalidates that, because it means the Controlled condition will continue beyond a time when Myron could reasonably assert control.

I understand the logic, it makes perfect sense given Cthonic Madness! (tm), but as far as Controlled goes that might be a conflict yes - unless the Controlled behavior causes one specific effect or is GM-controlled (pun there!). Also, I don't think Terrified technically is a Condition.

Shock wrote:What does Swiftness do in Gift of the Serpents?
2e holdover; Swiftness is a level of Speed, but taken as a Feat.

Fine for me.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

Lord Fell wrote:Any issues with the Myron redesign?

...also, I'm just waiting on Project Icarus. Myron is practically vibrating at the chance to ask about er... I can't find the reference to the name of the fortress Myron believes the Grail is kept. Yesh-Matoom-pah, sounds like, but not at all that.

"Sounds like, but not at all that"? Was that a Flight of the Conchords reference?

Yeshpotoom-Kahlai.

I'll look over the build shortly and comment if necessary.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Project Icarus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am

Sorry all for the delay. I'm getting caught back up after a busy stretch and a cold, so I have not dropped off the face of the earth, though sometimes it feels like it. :)
Project Icarus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am

RedBstrd wrote:
Lord Fell wrote:...sounds like, but not at all that...

"Sounds like, but not at all that"? Was that a Flight of the Conchords reference?

Bret: We watched a movie.

Jemaine: Yeah'it was something like but not necessarily Schindler's List. We watched it and we wept.

Bret: It was Police Academy 4. We went for a walk.

Jemaine: On our feet if I remember correctly.

Watch me!
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 am

Project Icarus wrote:Sorry all for the delay. I'm getting caught back up after a busy stretch and a cold, so I have not dropped off the face of the earth, though sometimes it feels like it. :)

No problem. We've all got fairly busy and eventful lives. As long as we're all here for the long haul, it'll work out. I hope you're feeling better. :D
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room