Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: World Moved On (OOC) [Recruiting One]

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Lord Fell wrote:I'm actually (swear on my Dice) that I'm going to do that Myron revamp this week.

I seem to recall having an unspent PP (111) and also that you were going to award 4..? at the end of this scene? Should I build on 115?

I also enjoyed the battle, and not just because I finally popped the cherry on my Caress of Abhoth and made me a pseudo-shoggoth. Fun times. :D

Yes, build on 115 pp. New recruits have 110 pp, which is halfway between the starting point (105 pp) and the number of pp that people who have been with us from the beginning should have (115 pp).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Fabulouso.

We found the only Billy Bumbler in Mid-World that sounds like Garth Algar.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm OK with that.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:40 am

Shock wrote:I'm OK with that.

I'm pretty cool with the whole thing go.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:46 am

I don't want to make you guys complete spectators for your victory march into Camelot after killing Medraut, so feel free to post as much as you want about the matter.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 am

It looks like I have a very slow and unreliable - but somewhat functional - internet connection while on the train.

I'm officially closing recruitment. I'm happy with EnigmaticOne's application and unless I have an objection from one of the existing players, I'll bring him into the game. Welcome to the ka-tet, EnigmaticOne. Like all things, you now serve the Tower.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World Moved On (OOC) [Full]

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:31 am

Thank you. :) Good luck with your move, Red.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Myron promised Oswald that if he came to Camelot and entered the service of King John that he'd lead a life better than on any of his other thousand lives; if getting double-downed by a pair of hot barmaids is the start of his reward, then Myron can consider his promise fulfilled.

I asked the "Tough Questions" of Enigmatic One, re: his submission and reliability. My scrutiny is satisfied, and I'm content with the recruitment.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Shock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

I'm also good with Kindle Boy er... Brian joining the ka-tet ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby McGuffin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Fell's questions were sufficient for me so I've got nothing more, welcome aboard EnigmaticOne :)
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 am

I just got an apartment in Kolkata (Calcutta) today. The last few days have involved us staying in various hotels advertising wi-fi but failing to deliver. Gandhi's birthday prevented us from being able to find an open rental agency. In other words, I'll be active and posting again. Unfortunately my USB modem gets an absolutely horrid connection here (4 kB/s when I can actually stay online), so I'll have to shop around and see what my options are for something that can actually keep my connected to the real world. We'll have to bear through slow internet for tonight but hopefully I can get something functional tomorrow.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am

May I ask what you're up to in India?
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:May I ask what you're up to in India?

I'm doing historical research for my dissertation. I work on Indo-Soviet relations.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 am

RedBstrd wrote:

I'm doing historical research for my dissertation. I work on Indo-Soviet relations.

Well that's something I never really thought about. I assume a good deal of it revolves around China?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am

Shock wrote:
RedBstrd wrote:

Well that's something I never really thought about. I assume a good deal of it revolves around China?

Perhaps surprisingly, my work doesn't really revolve around China. If I was only interested in high politics or military relations, it definitely would. In 1960-61, China's a big issue due to the Sino-Soviet split, as it is during the Indian-Chinese war of 1962, but people have written about those events in pretty good detail. I'm trying to look at "soft power" and public/cultural diplomacy (diplomacy other than the traditional "carrot and stick" tools for shaping policy of foreign nations) between the Soviet Union and India. The topic probably sounds pretty weird to most non-historians (and then still to a lot of us) because of how differently the Soviet Union tried to handle some of its relations with neutral countries than what major powers have been doing since the fall of the Soviet Union.

When giving background info in my dissertation, I'll have to write a lot about China but it really shouldn't have much of anything that's my own original research.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room